Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionSome say that the mogu race was created in the image of this titanic construct, left deep beneath Pandaria to watch over and guard the continent's darkest and most dangerous secret.
- Overview - When the fight begins, Norushen seals all players inside a Quarantine Zone and extracts a portion of each player's corruption to form an Amalgam of Corruption. The object of the encounter is to destroy this creature.
Players must reduce their personal level of Corruption in order to inflict full damage to the Amalgam. Players can accomplish this by interacting with the nodes of Purifying Light that active around the room, which will pull them into another phase where they must face a role-specific challenge. Overcoming this challenge will Purify the player and allow them to inflict full damage to the Amalgam.
- Corruption - Players start the encounter with 75 points of Corruption. The more corrupt a player is the less damage they will inflict to the Amalgam of Corruption. In Heroic Difficulties, players begin the encounter with 50 points of Corruption.
- Purified - Players who reach 0 Corruption become Purified. Healers who are Purified gain bonus healing, tanks who are Purified take less damage, and damage dealers inflict greater damage by virtue of having less Corruption. In Normal, Raid Finder, and Flexible Raid difficulties, Purified persists until the player is once again Corrupted. In Heroic Difficulties, Purified persists for until cancelled. or until the player reaches 100 Corruption.
- Quarantine Measures - If the Amalgam of Corruption proves too dangerous, Norushen will have no choice but to activate the zone's safety measures and destroy all life within.
- Amalgam of Corruption -
- Unleashed Anger - The Amalgam slashes at its current tank target, inflicting 280,000 Physical damage.
- Self Doubt - The Amalgam inflicts doubt on its current tank target. Self Doubt increases the damage of Unleashed Anger by 50% per application.
- Blind Hatred - The Amalgam creates a zone of corruption that extends outward and slowly turns in place. All players caught in the path of the corruption suffer 105,000 Shadow damage every second.
- Fusion - Every Expelled Corruption that reaches the Amalgam of Corruption will increase the damage the Amalgam inflicts by 2% for 15 sec.
- Icy Fear - The Amalgam inflicts 52,500 Frost damage to all players every 3 sec. This damage increases as the Amalgam loses health.
- Frayed - When the Amalgam reaches 50% health remaining, and for every 10% health lost thereafter, the Amalgam spawns an Unleashed Manifestation of Corruption.
- Draw - The Amalgam searches the souls of all its enemies and Draws upon their Corruption. Any targets found with 75 Corruption or more will cause an Unleashed Manifestation of Corruption to spawn. This ability is only used when the Amalgam is below 40% health remaining.
- Look Within - Players can interact with Purifying Light to Look Within. Doing so transports the player to their own realm where they face a personal challenge based on their role. Successfully completing the challenge will return the player to the normal realm with zero Corruption.
Players cannot Look Within while under the effects of Purified.
In Raid Finder Difficulty, players are automatically selected to Look Within. There are no Purifying Light objects to interact with.
- Test of Serenity - Players of the DPS role face the Test of Serenity. To complete this challenge, players must defeat the elements of corruption present. Whenever one of these elements of corruption is defeated, it will be unleashed into the normal realm.
Failure to complete the challenge will unleash all remaining elements of corruption to the normal realm at once.
- Manifestation of Corruption - These sha creatures repeatedly cast Tear Reality, which inflict Shadow damage to all enemies in a cone in front of the caster.
- Essence of Corruption - These lesser sha creatures repeatedly cast Expel Corruption, which fires a ball of corrupted energies in a straight line, dealing 70,000 Shadow damage to anyone it strikes.
- Test of Reliance - Players of the Healer role face the Test of Reliance. To complete this challenge, players must defeat a Greater Corruption. Healers are aided by several allies while Looking Within. Failure to complete the challenge will unleash a Manifestation of Corruption to the normal realm. Success returns the player to the normal realm cleansed of all Corruption.
- Test of Confidence - Players of the Tank role face the Test of Confidence. To complete this challenge, the tank must survive for 60 sec against a Titanic Corruption.
Success returns the player to the normal realm with zero corruption.
- Titanic Corruption -
- Titanic Smash - Inflicts 700,000 Shadow damage to anyone in a cone in front of the caster.
- Corruption - Every successful strike received from the Titanic Corruption inflicts the victim with a stack of Corruption, inflicting 11,500 Shadow damage per application every second.
- Hurl Corruption - The caster hurls a ball of corruption at their target, inflicting 525,000 Shadow damage.
- Burst of Corruption - Inflicts 210,000 Shadow damage to all enemies.
- Piercing Corruption - Inflicts 420,000 Physical damage to the target. This attack cannot be absorbed.
- Titanic Corruption -
- Test of Serenity - Players of the DPS role face the Test of Serenity. To complete this challenge, players must defeat the elements of corruption present. Whenever one of these elements of corruption is defeated, it will be unleashed into the normal realm. Failure to complete the challenge will unleash all remaining elements of corruption to the normal realm at once.
- Unleashed Corruption - Whenever players successfully defeat an element of corruption during the Test of Serenity it will be unleashed in the normal realm.
- Foul Link - The creatures released from the Test of Serenity copy their damage to the Amalgam of Corruption.
- Manifestation of Corruption -
- Burst of Anger - Inflicts 35,000 Shadow damage to all players within the Quarantine Zone. $[ 5,6 In Heroic Difficulties, Burst of Anger gives 5 Corruption.
- Residual Corruption - When an Unleashed Manifestation of Corruption dies, it leaves behind a small amount of corruption that will periodically inflict 63,000 Shadow damage to all players in the Quarantine Zone until it is picked up. Players are unable to pick up the Residual Corruption unless they have removed sufficient corruption of their own first. In LFR, Flexible, and Normal difficulties, Residual Corruption gives the player 25 Corruption. In Heroic difficulties, Residual Corruption gives the player 25 Corruption. In Heroic difficulties, the damage pulses from Residual Corruption give all affected targets 5 Corruption.
- Essence of Corruption -
- Expel Corruption - A ball of corrupted energy travels outward from the caster, inflicting 70,000 Shadow damage to the first enemy in its path. Every Expelled Corruption that reaches the Amalgam of Corruption will increase the damage the Amalgam inflicts by 2% for 15 sec. In Heroic difficulties, Expelled Corruption gives the victim 5 Corruption.
|528||Finger||Physical DPS||Finger||Reality Ripper Ring|
|528||Neck||Spell DPS||Neck||Untainted Guardian's Chain|
|528||Back||Melee||Back||Drape of the Despairing Pit|
|528||Cloth||Spell Spirit||Waist||Sash of the Last Guardian|
|528||Cloth||Spell DPS||Shoulders||Rime-Rift Shoulders|
|528||Cloth||Spell DPS||Wrists||Bracers of Broken Causation|
|528||Cloth||Spell DPS||Hands||Blight Hurlers|
|528||Leather||Spell Spirit||Feet||Boots of Broken Reliance|
|528||Leather||Physical DPS||Chest||Robes of the Blackened Watcher|
|528||Leather||Physical DPS||Hands||Gloves of the Golden Protector|
|528||Leather||Spell DPS||Hands||Confident Grips|
|528||Spell Spirit||Legs||Shadow-Binder's Kilt|
|528||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Bracers of Final Serenity|
|528||Physical DPS||Shoulders||Quarantine Shoulderguards|
|528||Physical DPS||Legs||Leggings of Unabashed Anger|
|528||Plate||Melee||Wrists||Bracers of Blind Hatred|
|528||Plate||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Wristplates of Broken Doubt|
|528||Shield||Spell Spirit||Off Hand||Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier|
|528||One-handed Sword||Melee||One Hand||Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian|
|528||Dagger||Physical DPS||One Hand||Norushen's Shortblade|
|540||Finger||Physical DPS||Finger||Reality Ripper Ring|
|540||Neck||Spell DPS||Neck||Untainted Guardian's Chain|
|540||Back||Melee||Back||Drape of the Despairing Pit|
|540||Cloth||Spell Spirit||Waist||Sash of the Last Guardian|
|540||Cloth||Spell DPS||Shoulders||Rime-Rift Shoulders|
|540||Cloth||Spell DPS||Wrists||Bracers of Broken Causation|
|540||Cloth||Spell DPS||Hands||Blight Hurlers|
|540||Leather||Spell Spirit||Feet||Boots of Broken Reliance|
|540||Leather||Physical DPS||Chest||Robes of the Blackened Watcher|
|540||Leather||Physical DPS||Hands||Gloves of the Golden Protector|
|540||Leather||Spell DPS||Hands||Confident Grips|
|540||Spell Spirit||Legs||Shadow-Binder's Kilt|
|540||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Bracers of Final Serenity|
|540||Physical DPS||Shoulders||Quarantine Shoulderguards|
|540||Physical DPS||Legs||Leggings of Unabashed Anger|
|540||Plate||Melee||Wrists||Bracers of Blind Hatred|
|540||Plate||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Wristplates of Broken Doubt|
|540||Shield||Spell Spirit||Off Hand||Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier|
|540||One-handed Sword||Melee||One Hand||Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian|
|540||Dagger||Physical DPS||One Hand||Norushen's Shortblade|
|553||Finger||Physical DPS||Finger||Reality Ripper Ring|
|553||Neck||Spell DPS||Neck||Untainted Guardian's Chain|
|553||Back||Melee||Back||Drape of the Despairing Pit|
|553||Cloth||Spell Spirit||Waist||Sash of the Last Guardian|
|553||Cloth||Spell DPS||Shoulders||Rime-Rift Shoulders|
|553||Cloth||Spell DPS||Wrists||Bracers of Broken Causation|
|553||Cloth||Spell DPS||Hands||Blight Hurlers|
|553||Leather||Spell Spirit||Feet||Boots of Broken Reliance|
|553||Leather||Physical DPS||Chest||Robes of the Blackened Watcher|
|553||Leather||Physical DPS||Hands||Gloves of the Golden Protector|
|553||Leather||Spell DPS||Hands||Confident Grips|
|553||Spell Spirit||Legs||Shadow-Binder's Kilt|
|553||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Bracers of Final Serenity|
|553||Physical DPS||Shoulders||Quarantine Shoulderguards|
|553||Physical DPS||Legs||Leggings of Unabashed Anger|
|553||Plate||Melee||Wrists||Bracers of Blind Hatred|
|553||Plate||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Wristplates of Broken Doubt|
|553||Shield||Spell Spirit||Off Hand||Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier|
|553||One-handed Sword||Melee||One Hand||Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian|
|553||Dagger||Physical DPS||One Hand||Norushen's Shortblade|
|566||Finger||Physical DPS||Finger||Reality Ripper Ring|
|566||Neck||Spell DPS||Neck||Untainted Guardian's Chain|
|566||Back||Melee||Back||Drape of the Despairing Pit|
|566||Cloth||Spell Spirit||Waist||Sash of the Last Guardian|
|566||Cloth||Spell DPS||Shoulders||Rime-Rift Shoulders|
|566||Cloth||Spell DPS||Wrists||Bracers of Broken Causation|
|566||Cloth||Spell DPS||Hands||Blight Hurlers|
|566||Leather||Spell Spirit||Feet||Boots of Broken Reliance|
|566||Leather||Physical DPS||Chest||Robes of the Blackened Watcher|
|566||Leather||Physical DPS||Hands||Gloves of the Golden Protector|
|566||Leather||Spell DPS||Hands||Confident Grips|
|566||Spell Spirit||Legs||Shadow-Binder's Kilt|
|566||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Bracers of Final Serenity|
|566||Physical DPS||Shoulders||Quarantine Shoulderguards|
|566||Physical DPS||Legs||Leggings of Unabashed Anger|
|566||Plate||Melee||Wrists||Bracers of Blind Hatred|
|566||Plate||Spell Spirit||Wrists||Wristplates of Broken Doubt|
|566||Shield||Spell Spirit||Off Hand||Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier|
|566||One-handed Sword||Melee||One Hand||Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian|
|566||Dagger||Physical DPS||One Hand||Norushen's Shortblade|