There are new legendary armor items that can drop from many different sources in Legion. These have fun and unique effects that can change how you play your spec.
Acquiring Legendary Items
- Dungeon Bosses
- Raid Bosses
- PvP Strongboxes
- World Quest Caches (NOT individual world quests)
- World Bosses?
- Weekly Mythic+ Chest?
Using Legendary Items
- Your loot specialization will control what legendary items can drop for you.
- It should be nearly impossible to get a duplicate legendary item.
- Some level of bad luck streak protection also applies to legendary items.
- More challenging content will have a higher chance to drop a legendary item.
Patch 7.1.5 Legendary Items
- Each legendary item has a special effect
- Legendary items will be enabled at all times in all raid difficulties and Mythic dungeons.
- You can only equip one legendary item at the start of the expansion. This limit will be increased as time goes on.
- Each class has a final Order Hall talent (Ancestral Legends) that allows them to equip a second legendary item.
- Legendary item effects will not work in instanced PvP.
- You will be able to transmog Legion legendaries to other appearances and vice versa.
- The first raid tier is balanced around most players not having a legendary item.
- Later raid tiers will be tuned around most players having a legendary item.
- There are a few legendary items that are shared between a few classes and a couple shared between all classes.
Launch Legendary Items
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
- Archimonde's Hatred Reborn - Gain an absorb shield for 30% of your maximum health for 10 sec. When the shield is consumed or expires, 75% of the damage absorbed is dealt to nearby enemies, split evenly.
- Velen's Future Sight - Increase all healing done by 15% and causes 50% of overhealing on players to be redistributed to up to 3 nearby injured allies, for 10 sec.
- Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish - Launch a vortex of destruction that seeks your current enemy. When it reaches the target, it explodes, dealing a critical strike to all enemies within 10 yds for 407,610 Fire damage.
- Death March - Death Strike and Death Coil reduce the remaining cooldown of Defile by 2.0 sec.
- Skullflower's Haemostasis - Blood Boil increases the damage and healing of your next Death Strike by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times.
- Consort's Cold Core - Sindragosa's Fury has 50% reduced cooldown and Freezes all enemies hit for 3 sec.
- Delusions of Grandeur - The remaining cooldown on Metamorphosis is reduced by 1 sec for every 30 Fury you spend.
- Spirit of the Darkness Flame - Your Fiery Brand now heals you for 100% of the damage done and each enemy hit by your Sigil of Flame increases the instant damage of your next Fiery Brand by 15%, stacking up to 15 times.
- Oakheart's Puny Quods - Barkskin instantly grants 45 Rage plus an additional 15 Rage over 3 sec.
- Lady and the Child - Moonfire deals 20% increased damage and also hits another nearby enemy within 20 yds of the target.
- Fiery Red Maimers - After using Ashamane's Frenzy, your next Maim deals 500% increased damage and hits 2 additional enemies near the target.
- X'oni's Caress - Allies protected by your Ironbark also receive 75% of the healing from each of your active Rejuvenations.
- The Mantle of Command - Dire Frenzy gains 1 additional charges.
- Butcher's Bone Apron - Mongoose Bite increases the damage of your next Butchery by 10%. Stacks up to 10 times.
- MKII Gyroscopic Stabilizer - Your Aimed Shot grants you gyroscopic stabilization, increasing the critical strike chance of your next Aimed Shot by 15% and making it castable while moving.
- Gravity Spiral - Evocation gains 1 additional charges.
- Ice Time - Your Frozen Orb explodes into a Frost Nova that deals [ 1 + 600% of Spell Power ] damage.
- Pyrotex Ignition Cloth - Phoenix Flames reduces the remaining cooldown on Combustion by 6 sec.
- The Emperor's Capacitor - Chi spenders increase the damage of your next Crackling Jade Lightning by 50% and reduce its cost by 5%, stacking up to 20 times.
- Shelter of Rin - Sheilun's Gift also heals allies affected by Renewing Mist for 15% of the amount healed.
- Anvil-Hardened Wristwraps - Each time you dodge or an enemy misses you, the remaining cooldown on your Brews is reduced by 1.0 sec.
- Maraad's Dying Breath - Healing with Light of Dawn causes your next Light of the Martyr to also heal your Beacon of Light. Each ally healed by Light of Dawn increases Light of the Martyr healing by 10%.
- Saruan's Resolve - Light of the Protector gains 1 additional charge and has 10% reduced cooldown.
- Ashes to Dust - Enemies hit by your Wake of Ashes take 15% increased damage from you for 6 sec.
- Kam Xi'raff - Using Light's Wrath reduces the mana cost of your damaging spells by 75% for 1 sec, increased by 1 sec per ally affected by your Atonement.
- Rammal's Ulterior Motive - When Prayer of Mending heals, it leaves behind Rammal's Ulterior Motive on the ally for 10 sec, causing the next Flash Heal, Heal, or Holy Word: Serenity you cast on them to be increased by 15%.
- Zeks Exterminatus - Your Shadow Word: Pain damage has a chance to increase the damage of your next Shadow Word: Death by 25% and make it usable on any target, regardless of health level.
- Wakener's Loyalty - Each soul shard you spend empowers your Skull of the Man'ari, increasing the damage of your next Thal'kiel's Consumption by 3%.
- Lessons of Space-Time - While you have a Dimensional Rift open, all of your damage is increased by 10%.
- Reap and Sow - Reap Souls lasts 1.5 sec longer per soul consumed.
|Finger|| Jewel of the Lost Abbey||Equip: Increases the duration of Stagger by 3.0 sec.|
|Finger|| Eye of Collidus the Warp-Watcher||Equip: Each time Soothing Mist heals, the absorb amount of your next Life Cocoon is increased by 1%.|
|Finger|| March of the Legion||Equip: Increases the movement speed bonus of Windwalking by 15%.|
|Back|| Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred||Equip: The amount of damage that Touch of Karma can redirect is increased by 150% of your maximum health.|
|Head|| Fundamental Observation||Equip: Zen Meditation now lasts through 3 melee attacks.|
|Shoulders|| Unison Spaulders||Equip: Soothing Mist heals a second injured ally within 15 yds for 50% of the amount healed.|
|Chest|| Sal'salabim's Lost Tunic||Equip: When you use Keg Smash, the remaining cooldown on Breath of Fire is reset.|
|Waist|| Cinidaria, the Symbiote||Equip: Your attacks cause an additional 50% damage as Physical to enemies above 90% health.|
|Waist|| Gai Plin's Soothing Sash||Equip: Purifying Brew instantly heals you for 25% of the purified Stagger damage.|
|Waist|| Ovyd's Winter Wrap||Equip: Each time Enveloping Mist heals an ally at full health, its healing bonus spreads to up to 2 nearby allies within 20 yds.|
|Legs|| Leggings of The Black Flame||Equip: Thunder Focus Tea also grants Effuse, Enveloping Mist, Essence Font, Renewing Mist, and Vivify 1 extra charges at random.|
|Feet|| Firestone Walkers||Equip: Each enemy you hit with Breath of Fire reduces the cooldown of Fortifying Brew by 1 sec., up to a maximum of 4 sec.|
|Feet|| Ei'thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas||Equip: Rising Sun Kick causes your target's melee attacks to extend your heal over time effects by 2 sec.|
|Feet|| Katsuo's Eclipse||Equip: Reduce the cost of Fists of Fury by 2 Chi.|
|Wrists|| Petrichor Lagniappe||Equip: The remaining cooldown on Revival is reduced by 2.0 sec each time you cast Renewing Mist.|
|Wrists|| Drinking Horn Cover||Equip: The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is extended by 0.6 sec for every Chi you spend.|
|Hands|| Hidden Master's Forbidden Touch||Equip: Touch of Death can be used a second time within 3 sec before its cooldown is triggered.|
|Finger|| Phyrix's Embrace||Equip: Allies protected by your Guardian Spirit also receive healing from each of your active Renews.|
|Finger|| The Twins' Painful Touch||Equip: Your first Mind Sear cast after entering Voidform spreads Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch to 3 enemies within 10 yards of your target.|
|Finger|| N'ero, Band of Promises||Equip: When your Penance damages an enemy, it now also heals allies affected by your Power Word: Barrier.|
|Head|| Zenk'aram, Iridi's Anadem||Equip: Healing from your Vampiric Embrace is increased by 250% while in Voidform.|
|Shoulders|| Mother Shahraz's Seduction||Equip: When you enter Voidform, every 7 sec of remaining duration on Lingering Insanity grants you a stack of Voidform.|
|Chest|| Estel, Dejahna's Inspiration||Equip: Plea increases your haste by 2% for each target with your Atonement for 5 sec.|
|Waist|| Cord of Maiev, Priestess of the Moon||Equip: Smite has a 30% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Penance.|
|Waist|| Al'maiesh, the Cord of Hope||Equip: If Serendipity is triggered and the Holy Word is not on cooldown, Serendipity increases the damage and healing of your next cast of that Holy Word by 15%, stacking up to 5 times.|
|Waist|| Mangaza's Madness||Equip: Increases the maximum number of charges of Mind Blast by 2.|
|Legs|| Entrancing Trousers of An'juna||Equip: Increases the duration of Renew by 6 sec.|
|Feet|| Norgannon's Foresight||Equip: Your instant cast spells have a chance to trigger Foresight, making your next non-instant cast spell castable while moving.|
|Wrists|| Muze's Unwavering Will||Equip: While above 75% health, the cast time of your Heal, Prayer of Healing, and Smite is reduced by 15%.|
|Wrists|| Anund's Seared Shackles||Equip: Each time Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch deal damage, your next Void Bolt gains 2% increased damage, stacking up to 50 times.|
|Wrists|| Skjoldr, Sanctuary of Ivagont||Equip: Power Word: Shield reduces the remaining cooldown on Pain Suppression by 4 sec.|
|Hands|| Xalan the Feared's Clench||Equip: When your Penance deals damage, the duration of Atonement on yourself is increased by 3 sec and when your Penance heals, the duration of Atonement on your target is increased by 3 sec.|
|Back|| X'anshi, Shroud of Archbishop Benedictus||Equip: After Spirit of Redemption expires, you will revive at up to 100% health, based on your effectiveness during Spirit of Redemption. After reviving, you cannot benefit from Spirit of Redemption for 10 min.|
|Finger|| Eye of the Twisting Nether||Equip: Damaging enemies with your Fire, Frost, or Nature abilities increases all damage you deal by 2% for 8 sec. Each element adds a separate application.|
|Finger|| Focuser of Jonat, the Elder||Equip: Healing Wave and Healing Surge increase the healing of your next Chain Heal by 15%, stacking up to 5 times.|
|Shoulders|| Echoes of the Great Sundering||Equip: Earth Shock has up to a 50% chance, based on Maelstrom spent, to cause your next Earthquake Totem to be free and deal 100% increased damage.|
|Chest|| Emalon's Charged Core||Equip: If Crash Lightning hits 3 or more targets, you deal 10% increased damage for 10 sec.|
|Waist|| Storm Tempests||Equip: Enemies hit by your Stormstrike become lightning charged for 15 sec, zapping a nearby enemy every 1 sec for (15% of weapon damage) Nature damage.|
|Waist|| Pristine Proto-Scale Girdle||Equip: Lava Burst deals an additional [ 1 + 18% of Spell Power ] damage over 6 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.|
|Waist|| Intact Nazjatar Molting||Equip: Casting Riptide on a target below 40% health resets the remaining cooldown on Riptide.|
|Legs|| Roots of Shaladrassil||Equip: Standing still causes you to send deep roots into the ground, healing you for 4% of your maximum health every 3 sec.|
|Feet|| The Deceiver's Blood Pact||Equip: Earth Shock has a 30% chance to refund all of the Maelstrom spent.|
|Feet|| Elemental Rebalancers||Equip: Allies within your Healing Rain receive 10% increased healing from your other healing spells.|
|Feet|| Spiritual Journey||Equip: While Ghost Wolf is active, the remaining cooldown on Feral Spirits recovers 75% faster.|
|Wrists|| Nobundo's Redemption||Equip: Chain Heal reduces the mana cost of your next Healing Surge by 30%.|
|Wrists|| Al'Akir's Acrimony||Equip: Chain Lightning deals 5% increased damage to each subsequent target.|
|Wrists|| Akainu's Absolute Justice||Equip: Lava Lash deals 30% increased damage while your weapons are enhanced by both Flametongue and Frostbrand.|
|Hands|| Praetorian's Tidecallers||Equip: Increases the duration of Healing Stream Totem, Healing Tide Totem, and Spirit Link Totem by 20%.|