The Engineering page released on NDA lift day lacked content because spells aren't flagged as "Engineering" yet, however it looks like a lot of stuff is already here and there is enough content to give you a small preview of Engineering in Cataclysm.
The items with the biggest omg-epic factor are obviously the helms that I already posted 2 weeks ago.
- Reinforced Bio-Optic Killshades - Plate - Melee.DPS
- Specialized Bio-Optic Killshades - Plate - Spell
- Deadly Bio-Optic Killshades - Mail - Phys.DPS
- Energized Bio-Optic Killshades - Mail - Spell
- Agile Bio-Optic Killshades - Leather - Phys.DPS
- Camoflauge Bio-Optic Killshades - Leather - Spell
- Lightweight Bio-Optic Killshades - Cloth - Spell
New engineering-only enchants are available:
- Gnome-Matic Phase Fingers - Permanently attaches gnome-matic phase finger technology to a pair of gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to increase their haste rating by 340 for 12 sec. The gloves can only be activated every minute.
- Quickflip Deflection Plates - Permanently attaches quickflip deflection plates onto gloves, allowing you to increase your armor by 1500 for 12 sec. Gloves can only be activated once every minute. Attaching the armor webbing causes the gloves to become soulbound. An Engineering skill of 500 is required to keep the webbing active.
- Tazik Shocker - Permanently attaches a tazik shocker to your gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to deal 1654 to 2020 Nature damage to an enemy at long range. The shocker can only be used once every 45 sec. Can only be used on the engineer's gloves, and doing so will cause them to become soulbound.
- Spinal Healing Injector - Permanently attaches a specialized injector kit to your belt, allowing you to inject a Mythical Healing Potion directly into your bloodstream for increased effect. Only a skilled engineer can activate the modified belt. Can only be attached to your own belt, and doing so causes the belt to become soulbound.
- Z50 Mana Gulper - Permanently attaches a specialized injector kit to your belt, allowing you to power-drink a Mythical Mana Potion for increased effect. Only a skilled engineer can activate the modified belt. Can only be attached to your own belt, and doing so causes the belt to become soulbound.
Scopes are also here:
- Gnomish X-Ray Scope - Attaches a permanent scope to a bow or gun that increases its ranged critical strike rating by 88. Attaching this scope to a ranged weapon causes it to become soulbound.
- R19 Threatfinder - Attaches a permanent scope to a bow or gun that increases its ranged hit rating by 88. Attaching this scope to a ranged weapon causes it to become soulbound.
- Safety Catch Removal - Removes the safety mechanism from a bow or gun, increasing its ranged haste rating by 88. Using this kit causes the bow or gun to become soulbound.
Last but not least, a couple of very interesting items were datamined on Cataclysm Beta servers. It looks like engineers will get a new type of items, very similar to gems.
- Fractured Cogwheel - +132 Mastery Rating
- Quick Cogwheel - +132 Haste Rating
- Smooth Cogwheel - +132 Critical Strike Rating
- Subtle Cogwheel - +132 Dodge Rating
- Flashing Hydraulic Pump - +132 Parry Rating
- Precise Hydraulic Pump - +132 Expertise Rating
- Rigid Hydraulic Pump - +132 Hit Rating
- Sparkling Hydraulic Pump - +132 Spirit
They also seem to use a new kind of socket called "Hydraulics/Cogwheels socket", at this point it could be anything, really, but it definitely seems that engineering will get some love in Cataclysm.
Cataclysm Video - Blanchy Questline
I couldn't leave so many questions unanswered, here is a video of the Blanchy/CSI Questline! This is a playlist with 3 videos, click on the left/right to go to the next video.
Dark Legacy Comics #246 and Teh Gladiators #147 + #148 are out.