MMO-Champion - Cataclysm -- Justice Point Drop Quantities
Cataclysm -- Justice Point Drop Quantities
Don't forget the item previews if you're not sure about the price of the new items!



Originally Posted by Ulvareth (Blue Tracker)
Although we’ve revealed some details of the conversion process (https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...74620794&sid=1), many of you have asked how many Justice and Valor Points bosses and daily dungeons will actually award. This list is incomplete, and the values may still change, but it covers the majority of the content we’ve been asked about.


  • Lich King Heroic dungeon boss -- 16 Justice Points
  • Lich King daily normal dungeon -- 12 Justice Points
  • Lich King daily Heroic dungeon -- 23 Justice Points
  • Lich King raid boss -- 23 Justice Points


  • Cataclysm Heroic dungeon boss -- 75 Justice Points
  • Cataclysm daily normal dungeon -- 75 Justice Points
  • Cataclysm daily Heroic dungeon -- 75 Valor Points
  • Cataclysm 10-player raid boss -- 75 Valor Points
  • Cataclysm 25-player raid boss -- 105 Valor Points

It’s important to note that once you outgrow content, by leveling past it by a predetermined amount, you’ll no longer gain points. The ‘outgrown’ level for end-game Wrath of the Lich King content is likely to be level 81. Once you level beyond Lich King content you’ll still be able to enter the dungeons, kill bosses, and see their drops, but they will not award you with points. This same principle applies to all content that provides Justice Points, including content from The Burning Crusade.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cataclysm -- Justice Point Drop Quantities started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 252 Comments
  1. reve's Avatar
    Well not much new here, just new version of emblems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Daily heroic bullshit again and rewarding raid points from daily heroic and more points for 25man fucking fails.
    FU...
  1. theniffrig's Avatar
    Ah i get it.
  1. VanishO2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    But that means that, given months to farm, scrubs might get entry level raid gear! It's awful! It's terrible! Somebody who doesn't play as well or as often as I do might get the same same gear as me, months after I got it! (This seems to be the usual argument)
    Or someone that simply doesn't care about raiding have gear that they don't need for heroics?

    If you raid, you get a shot at raiding gear (because you need that to down raid bosses you know?), if you don't raid, why would you want/need it for 5man?

    That's the whole problem with the system. That's what support ppl only caring about purples/gear/showoff and thinking that raids are only worth up to the 1st token boss (hello "sry, gotta go, emergency" ppl who leave raids after the saurfang token rolls are done).
  1. guice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    However seems it will be impossible to go back and get old tier since you'll not gain JP above 80 which seems kinda strange to me, why couldn't they just have introduced a 3rd type of points for old content, that way the new points values wouldn't have to be so high as well, oh well.
    You confused me here. Where does it say you won't get JP past 80? Normal Cataclysm dungeons will award you JP. WRATH dungeons and heroics will no longer award points past (at? or past?) 81. That's what GC is saying. This prevents people, lvl 83 or so, from doing 5 min Wrath heroics just for JP. Or running a quick 30 min ICC just for JP. It's to make you run Cataclysm points for your justice points.

    Upon earning enough JP, you can very much go back and buy old Tier armor with those points.
  1. VanishO2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guice View Post
    And 2 out of 5 aren't just a few itens. kkthxbye.
  1. Nythiz's Avatar
    I'm ok with the daily heroic giving some valor points. It would take people a month to buy a single piece, which seems ok investement/return rewards. Even though they are making it easier than it is currently.
    2200 VP / 75 VP per day = 30 days (rounded up)
    95 EoF / 2 EoF per day = 48 days (rounded up)

    The problem I have are mostly with what currently is the weekly raid, Vault of Archavon and the simplicity of the early raid bosses in a lot of raid instances. Now hopefully cata will change the latter But we're still unsure about the other 2. Hopefully the decrease in days per tier through heroics, means that they scrap a few of the other VP gains.

    Note: I'm not against an easy way to step into raids; I'm against even terribad pugs clearing half the highest tier content. I can hardly even count on fingers anymore how often I've been the only one, or one of half a dozen people actually dpsing spikes on marrowgar while the rest just zergs the boss. Or people ignoring the transformed fanatics on deathwhisper, because it took too long for them to spawn so i was already dpsing the boss, people ignoring adds on saurfang because "i already killed one". This stuff is too stupid for words, people can ignore vital game mechanics get away with it and get better loot than someone who does 10 man heroic.

    I mean if you currently add it. You need 95 badges for chest/head/legs. You can get 14 per week from the daily heroic, another 5 from the weekly raid, another 4 from super easy VoA bosses. That's already 23 badges per week. That means it would not take me 30 days but 29 days (remarkable coincidence almost the same as you can get in heroics in cata).
    What i find even worse is highest level tier dropping from the VoA bosses. It's just painful to see my hard work in doing 10 man heroic ICC be devalued because random scrub #72944 got a lucky roll in VoA25.
  1. SuperPrincessPeach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    But that means that, given months to farm, scrubs might get entry level raid gear! It's awful! It's terrible! Somebody who doesn't play as well or as often as I do might get the same same gear as me, months after I got it! (This seems to be the usual argument)
    Probably because if all you can farm is heroic dungeons, and you don't raid, why do you need raid gear?

    Raids should give points for raiding gear, heroics should not give points for raiding gear. Heroics don't require raiding gear.
  1. guice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Or someone that simply doesn't care about raiding have gear that they don't need for heroics?

    If you raid, you get a shot at raiding gear (because you need that to down raid bosses you know?), if you don't raid, why would you want/need it for 5man?

    That's the whole problem with the system. That's what support ppl only caring about purples/gear/showoff and thinking that raids are only worth up to the 1st token boss (hello "sry, gotta go, emergency" ppl who leave raids after the saurfang token rolls are done).
    Not exactly. It's to stop people from getting so far behind, they're unable to catch up IF they decided to raid. Think of it this way; somebody comes in now and wants to raid ICC. They just finished heroics. How are they going to catch up to be ICC ready? They sure enough can't go through Naxx -> Ulduar -> ToC then ICC like the rest of us raiders did.

    It's a method to allow everybody, raider and non-alike, to get to the same playing field. This is what Blizzard wants. Casuals be *able* to gain that level, even if they don't raid. To put it another way, Blizzard does not want to lock out anybody from obtaining Tier # gear.
  1. Zinzani's Avatar
    Tier gear shouldn't be obtainable by valor points alone. If you can just buy whole tier 11 with Justice Points once tier 12 comes out I guess that will be my final straw
  1. guice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    And 2 out of 5 aren't just a few itens. kkthxbye.
    I said aside from just a few (few is generally 3, but 2 ish can be), Tier IS Valor Points.
  1. Eleri's Avatar
    As someone who's still working on gearing up a new main when 4.0.1 hits, I'm curious--how much do, say, T9 and T10 cost in Justice Points?
  1. Brontotaurus's Avatar
    First to just emphasize the obvious, which is missed by people nerdraging too early:

    See the difference from JUSTICE points (Heroic Bosses, normal daily dungeon etc) and VALOUR points (Raid Bosses, heroic daily dungeon).

    It is more or less the same mechanic they use right now on live. I only miss the mention of the weekly raid quest.

    And i want to refresh your memory concerning the announced weekly cap for Valour Points which will lead into raiders hitting the cap eventually when the second tier of raids will be introduced and which will relieve them of the "must-do"-feeling of the daily heroic at least.
  1. Vasti's Avatar
    So 1 emblem of Triumph/Frost gives us 11.58 JP.
    So farming heroics now gives us in lets say, heroic Nexus, if its daily hc even:
    2 frosties (daily hc)
    5 triumphs (5 bosses)
    ==========+
    7*11.58 = 81.06 Justice points

    Now after patch 4.01
    We get:
    16*5 (16 per boss)
    23 (daily hc)
    =====+
    103 Justice Points

    (same can be applied to any place where bosses drop triumph emblems)

    For ICC and probably Ruby Sanctum raids however we get on live:
    (Assuming a full clear withouth doing the weekly, as its unsure what the weekly icc Q will provide)
    (for ease lets leave out valkyr boss, since we dont know how much JP she will give)
    12 bosses that drop 2 frosties = 24 frosties
    So 24* 11.58 = 277,92 Justice Points

    And now after 4.01
    12 bosses at 23JP each = 12*23 = 276 Justice Points


    SO CONCLUSION:

    Farming heroics for justice points on live is time wasted since after 4.01 the same amount of heroicsfarming will give you more Justice Points.

    Farming ICC and RS will prolly be time-well spent. Since you get more JP per boss kill on Live (given the current conversion rate) then after patch 4.01

    TLDR: Go do ICC10/25 and RS10/25, VoA10/25 will prolly also be a good investment. Farming heroics for Justice points is bad, untill 4.01 arrives.
  1. SuperPrincessPeach's Avatar
    I guess this is out the window too.

    Valor Points rewards
    Valor Points are the high tier emblems of Cataclysm, you will only earn them from raids.

    Yeah right. I wish this game would go back to giving raid gear to raiders.
  1. DCMonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    they've stated multiple times that 4000 JP is the soft cap. Have they stated yet what the hard cap on JP will be?
    It's a soft cap for 4.0.1. When 4.0.3 comes out (right before/at Cataclysm) 4000JP becomes the hard cap and you get the excess back in gold.
  1. SuperPrincessPeach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guice View Post
    Not exactly. It's to stop people from getting so far behind, they're unable to catch up IF they decided to raid. Think of it this way; somebody comes in now and wants to raid ICC. They just finished heroics. How are they going to catch up to be ICC ready? They sure enough can't go through Naxx -> Ulduar -> ToC then ICC like the rest of us raiders did.

    It's a method to allow everybody, raider and non-alike, to get to the same playing field. This is what Blizzard wants. Casuals be *able* to gain that level, even if they don't raid. To put it another way, Blizzard does not want to lock out anybody from obtaining Tier # gear.
    There's no problem with this if you can BUY ITEMS FROM THE PREVIOUS TIER. I have no problem with being able to get points for Tier 11 if people are in Tier 12 content, but people should not be getting the same raid level gear as people who are actually raiding 10 and 25 man raids for doing 5 man dungeons, that's rediculous.
  1. Brontotaurus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleri View Post
    As someone who's still working on gearing up a new main when 4.0.1 hits, I'm curious--how much do, say, T9 and T10 cost in Justice Points?
    It might sound weird, but the conversion rate is now at a ratio where the costs equal out. If you have a combined sum of 190 emblems of Frost AND Triumph when the conversion hits us with 4.0.1, then you will have enough JP to buy 2 pieces of T10 which would cost you a sum of 190 Frost-Emblems right now (so head/chest/legs-type pieces). I think a T10 helmet will cost 1100 JP (it does on the PTR at least)
  1. MrCobaltBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPrincessPeach View Post
    There's no problem with this if you can BUY ITEMS FROM THE PREVIOUS TIER. I have no problem with being able to get points for Tier 11 if people are in Tier 12 content, but people should not be getting the same raid level gear as people who are actually raiding 10 and 25 man raids for doing 5 man dungeons, that's rediculous.
    Your argument is flawed. Its ok for them to have it only if you have better?
  1. VanishO2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    What you're missing to see here though, is that Tier 11 will be set back to Justice points when the new Tier comes out. So its not so much the issue of receiving Valor points with which you can buy the Tier 11, it will just become the Justice set the Tier after that anyway. Just like it started with WotLK.

    -> Downraking the Old Tier <- Is what makes Epics so easily attainable.. the Valors per Daily mean absolutely nothing.

    We're talking 75 a day.. items cost +- 1650 valor: that means 1650/75= 22 dailies for 1 tier 11 Item. I don't see the issue really. Lets do some math: 5 items = 5x 22 = 110 days, which equals to approximately 16 weeks. Or even 4 months.. to get 5 Tier 11 items. Again.. I ask, what is the problem? I'm talking 4 months, of doing a daily -each single day- just for 5 items. I fail to see where that is not dedication. Holy christ I'm glad that I can raid and just get one or two items a week and have the set within half a month. Honestly, if someone doesn't have the means to raid, but does have the dedication to spend those 110 days they have my blessing.

    You're really making a fuss about nothing, the issue with easy epics arrives only the second that the new Tier arrives.
    + next voa with points and the tier drop + raid weekly... and all that to support ppl that don't raid to get raid gear so they get bored even faster with their outgeared 5man dailies? Weird.

    That's why they forced ppl to raid by making raiding easy. Really sad to pay for a game to only do 5mans after you get to the max level.

    If you don't pvp, why do you need pvp gear (not to mention high rating/current season gear)?
    If you don't raid, why do you need raid gear (again, the same deal with heroic gear)?

    You can't place ppl who don't raid/pvp with the ppl who came later/stop playing and need a little boost to catch up with the current raiding/pvp scenario. That's what this system does.
  1. SuperPrincessPeach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCobaltBlue View Post
    So if you have a schedule or some RL commitment you should not get to advance your character past Heroics? Even if it takes you months and months to get you a few pieces? So you beat the game if you can't raid because your character cannot advance any more?
    Sorry dude I work 60 hours a week and am currently enrolled in classes and still manage to find time to play video games and raids, that excuse is old. If you can only play 30 minutes a day, you don't deserve the same gear as someone who raids a couple hours a week. If your life is so time constraining that you can't play video games, why do you deserve the same gear as people who do? If you can't make the time to raid, WHY DO YOU NEED RAID GEAR? I think that's a good question.

Site Navigation