MMO-Champion - Cataclysm -- Justice Point Drop Quantities
Cataclysm -- Justice Point Drop Quantities
Don't forget the item previews if you're not sure about the price of the new items!



Originally Posted by Ulvareth (Blue Tracker)
Although we’ve revealed some details of the conversion process (https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...74620794&sid=1), many of you have asked how many Justice and Valor Points bosses and daily dungeons will actually award. This list is incomplete, and the values may still change, but it covers the majority of the content we’ve been asked about.


  • Lich King Heroic dungeon boss -- 16 Justice Points
  • Lich King daily normal dungeon -- 12 Justice Points
  • Lich King daily Heroic dungeon -- 23 Justice Points
  • Lich King raid boss -- 23 Justice Points


  • Cataclysm Heroic dungeon boss -- 75 Justice Points
  • Cataclysm daily normal dungeon -- 75 Justice Points
  • Cataclysm daily Heroic dungeon -- 75 Valor Points
  • Cataclysm 10-player raid boss -- 75 Valor Points
  • Cataclysm 25-player raid boss -- 105 Valor Points

It’s important to note that once you outgrow content, by leveling past it by a predetermined amount, you’ll no longer gain points. The ‘outgrown’ level for end-game Wrath of the Lich King content is likely to be level 81. Once you level beyond Lich King content you’ll still be able to enter the dungeons, kill bosses, and see their drops, but they will not award you with points. This same principle applies to all content that provides Justice Points, including content from The Burning Crusade.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cataclysm -- Justice Point Drop Quantities started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 252 Comments
  1. Jokerjesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Daily heroic bullshit again and rewarding raid points from daily heroic and more points for 25man fucking fails.
    They do this so people coming new to the game can get caught up to current raid levels and so players like me who have 8 80's can gear out more than 1 toon and allow me to switch my main if I get bored. You clearly only play one class and are narrow minded.
  1. Nathiest's Avatar
    all too easy gear.
  1. oBLACKIECHANoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    self-owned I think, well done.
    yes ofcourse, because that made perfect sense. do you speak english ? do you not understand what i said ? "self-owned" lol thats hardly "self-owning" is it ?
  1. DrgnDancer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPrincessPeach View Post
    Sorry dude I work 60 hours a week and am currently enrolled in classes and still manage to find time to play video games and raids, that excuse is old. If you can only play 30 minutes a day, you don't deserve the same gear as someone who raids a couple hours a week. If your life is so time constraining that you can't play video games, why do you deserve the same gear as people who do? If you can't make the time to raid, WHY DO YOU NEED RAID GEAR? I think that's a good question.
    I simply don't see why it matters what someone else has. Yes, I raid. Yes, my main is decked in all 264 and 277 gear. It really doesn't bother me that someone who doesn't raid gets some 251 and 264 pieces. Why should it? What are they taking away from me? If anything it's nice that I can gear up my alts so that if I need to sub in as a healer or tank I'm actually somewhat geared for the job. It means that when we recruit someone they can (assuming they're not an idiot) start contributing right away instead of having to be carried to gear ups.

    It takes a *long* time to farm even a single current tier piece from heroics. By contrast raiders get enough points to buy a piece or more a week, plus drops. It really affects you not at all in any case. You're still getting your gear and getting it much faster. What difference does it make other than "*OMG* he has stuffs like I haz!"?
  1. petrefax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPrincessPeach View Post
    If you're making Taco Bell salary you shouldn't be buying a Porsche. Sorry.
    Jesus, does that shit you spout ever make it through your brain cells?
  1. davesurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPrincessPeach View Post
    Sorry dude I work 60 hours a week and am currently enrolled in classes and still manage to find time to play video games and raids, that excuse is old. If you can only play 30 minutes a day, you don't deserve the same gear as someone who raids a couple hours a week. If your life is so time constraining that you can't play video games, why do you deserve the same gear as people who do? If you can't make the time to raid, WHY DO YOU NEED RAID GEAR? I think that's a good question.
    I laugh at this. I raid and plan on multiple tanks in cat. I want a 25 man and a 10 man toon. So I am a serious raider. I could care less if someone who never steps in a raid gets last tier or after a month gets one whole piece of current tier.

    I have said before and will say it again, serious raiders care about THEIR progression.

    Progression is about progression not standing in IF or Org saying look at me.

    The day a boss I kill drops less loot so someone who doesn't raid gets some I will get mad, but until then I could care less
  1. MrCobaltBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oBLACKIECHANoo View Post
    you are a fucking retard, cunts like you cause companys to dumb down their games for your patheticly low i.q's !
    Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.
  1. Karot's Avatar
    Seems to be a lot of uncertainty and misinformation in this thread already...

    1) You will be able to buy tier, with a combination of VALOR points (the high end points) plus the tier token. I'm assuming when a new raid tier is released, this cost will apply to the new tier, and the older ones will revert to costing just JUSTICE points (the points from heroics). They will probably also require the token, or they might not.
    2) The system likely applies to BC content as well. I'm guessing what's purchasable now with Badges of Justice will probably cost Justice points, which you'll be able to earn from BC heroic and raid content at level 70. From 71-79 you will likely only be able to continue earning them from the daily WotLK normal dungeon, and then at 80 can continue earning them as it says in the blue post above.
    3) You will probably still be able to buy older tier with your points, if you so choose.
    4) WotLK heroics will award the same points as WotLK raids. In Cataclysm, you will earn Valor points ONLY from the 10 and 25 player raids, plus the DAILY heroic (yes, that's once per day). Everything else awards Justice points.
    5) Yes, any items that are purchasable with any emblem from WotLK (heroism, valor, conquest, triumph, and frost) will instead cost justice points.
    6) Yes, it certainly looks like you could turn off experience gain at 70 or 80 to farm points. I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't want to remove the ability for BC or WotLK "twink raids" to be able to accumulate points and get gear. And when you turn off experience gain, you turn off experience gain. It's not just for BGs, it's for everything.
    7) They are not going to reset the points for Cataclysm. It was stated in a blue post that they were not going to prevent players from saving up some points if that's what they want to do. Personally, I'll first obtain the best gear I can from WotLK (for early leveling in the expansion), then get to the points cap to save so I can buy a few 85 blues.
    8) Tip if you're curious how much WotLK gear will cost in points: Find the currency calculator here on MMO-Champion (it's a few news posts down) and input how much the item costs in emblems. The conversion rate is going to be pretty close, if not exact, to what the item will cost in Justice Points.
    9) From 81-84 the only way you'll be able to continue to farm JP as you level will be from the daily "normal" dungeon. That's once per day.
  1. petrefax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oBLACKIECHANoo View Post
    yes ofcourse, because that made perfect sense. do you speak english ? do you not understand what i said ? "self-owned" lol thats hardly "self-owning" is it ?
    You were self-owned as your statements make you look that fucking stupid that people will just disregard what you say.

    If I were you I'd shut up now and save yourself further embarassment
  1. Tizdale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPrincessPeach View Post
    I'm a raider as well and I support people progressing their characters as well, but players who don't raid should not get the same gear as players who do.

    They can easily make gear sets and other items lower level than raid gear that you can get for doing heroics, but just simply giving raid gear for people who aren't raiding is silly.
    They're not giving it away darling.. they're giving you a possibility to earn 1 item of current raidgear per month.
    Which requires the person to do 1 daily Heroic -each day- for the duration of that month.

    The Justice marks, are what you can buy the previous Tier with. Which is your old trash basically.
  1. oBLACKIECHANoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCobaltBlue View Post
    Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you.
    your dad ? oh ye, he tried to touch me on my balls but instead i just stabbed him in throat, fucking pedophile. have'nt you ever wondered why you didnt know who he was ?
  1. VanishO2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCobaltBlue View Post
    Ok, so lets say you make $100,000 a year and you buy a brand new Porsche. And I make $25,000 a year and I buy the same model/year Porsche years later. Do I not deserve the Porsche because I don't make $100k/yr? Do I not need the Porsche because I make $25k/yr?

    lolumadbro? The sun called, he hasn't seen you in a while and wants to get together sometime.
    Because you really don't need raiding gear to down the raid bosses the same way you don't need a porsche to get somewhere... oh wait...

    In the end, that sounds more like "raiders epeen". You need the porsche to show off.
  1. Urikslargda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    What you're missing to see here though, is that Tier 11 will be set back to Justice points when the new Tier comes out. So its not so much the issue of receiving Valor points with which you can buy the Tier 11, it will just become the Justice set the Tier after that anyway. Just like it started with WotLK.

    -> Downraking the Old Tier <- Is what makes Epics so easily attainable.. the Valors per Daily mean absolutely nothing.

    We're talking 75 a day.. items cost +- 1650 valor: that means 1650/75= 22 dailies for 1 tier 11 Item. I don't see the issue really. Lets do some math: 5 items = 5x 22 = 110 days, which equals to approximately 16 weeks. Or even 4 months.. to get 5 Tier 11 items. Again.. I ask, what is the problem? I'm talking 4 months, of doing a daily -each single day- just for 5 items. I fail to see where that is not dedication. Holy christ I'm glad that I can raid and just get one or two items a week and have the set within half a month. Honestly, if someone doesn't have the means to raid, but does have the dedication to spend those 110 days they have my blessing.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    You're really making a fuss about nothing, the issue with easy epics arrives only the second that the new Tier arrives.
    Right. But why should anyone be worried about who gets previous Tier epics? Epic doesn't really mean anything unless it's from the current top Tier, and in this context "current" is an ever-shifting target.

    They've said that each new Tier release will now correspond with a Valor>Justice dump, so the "scrubs" who are not raiding will have to farm heroics for months all over again to get anything from the newest Tier, while raiders will start picking up the new Tier items almost right away.

    It would be a lot rougher if each new Tier also brought a Justice>Gold dump, which would reset the baseline, so to speak. I doubt Blizz will do this, however, since it's just too harsh on casual players.

    The only other alternative would be to downgrade all previous Tier epics to blue once the next Tier releases. That won't happen because it would be too harsh on everyone.
  1. oBLACKIECHANoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    You were self-owned as your statements make you look that fucking stupid that people will just disregard what you say.

    If I were you I'd shut up now and save yourself further embarassment
    orly ? so your saying because i want a game to stay a fucking GAME ! and not become a "lets give people things and hold their hands everywhere" peice of shit, all because sad fucks like you dont have ANY skill and couldnt work out how to get the gear due to your amazing i.q of 70 ! im stupid ? lol go die.
  1. Astrella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCobaltBlue View Post
    Ok, so lets say you make $100,000 a year and you buy a brand new Porsche. And I make $25,000 a year and I buy the same model/year Porsche years later. Do I not deserve the Porsche because I don't make $100k/yr? Do I not need the Porsche because I make $25k/yr?
    Chances are, someone that makes $25k/yr probably CAN'T afford the Porsche and will not buy it because it is out of their means. Exactly how people who only do heroics don't NEED raid gear, because they don't have the means to raid.
  1. MrCobaltBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPrincessPeach View Post
    I'm a raider as well and I support people progressing their characters as well, but players who don't raid should not get the same gear as players who do.

    They can easily make gear sets and other items lower level than raid gear that you can get for doing heroics, but just simply giving raid gear for people who aren't raiding is silly.
    So you want Blizzard to divert resources off of other parts of improving the game (LOLDANCESTUDIO NE1???) to create a completely different set of gear with different color lettering because you don't want people to have the same gear?


    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPrincessPeach View Post
    If you're making Taco Bell salary you shouldn't be buying a Porsche. Sorry.
    I bet you think GoodWill/Salvation Army is wrong too because I can buy designer clothes there on my "Taco Bell salary"
  1. petrefax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oBLACKIECHANoo View Post
    orly ? so your saying because i want a game to stay a fucking GAME ! and not become a "lets give people things and hold their hands everywhere" peice of shit, all because sad fucks like you dont have ANY skill and couldnt work out how to get the gear due to your amazing i.q of 70 ! im stupid ? lol go die.
    No, I'm saying you are stupid, because everything you say makes you sound stupid.

    Learn just some basic methods of communication, come back after your ban and try to employ them.
  1. MrCobaltBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oBLACKIECHANoo View Post
    your dad ? oh ye, he tried to touch me on my balls but instead i just stabbed him in throat, fucking pedophile. have'nt you ever wondered why you didnt know who he was ?
    2/10 trolling attempt. You at least used punctuation even if it was mostly wrong.
  1. Karot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprophecy2186 View Post
    For the love of god I hope they change their minds about rewarding Valor points with the Daily Random.

    I understand they wanted to make the feature popular in Lich king, but we've all seen it, we like it to some extent, we're still going to use it when we need to, stop giving the best rewards for a feature which so easily becomes menial and aggravating. This feature is one of the main reasons epic items are so easily acquired now. Change it, please.
    I hope they don't. The people that only run the daily random heroic each day will get their gear at a much, much slower pace than those that raid. And the heroics are not going to be AoE 15-20 minute grindfests where the only word said is "gogogogo". If it's become menial and aggravating, then you don't have to do it. This is a game, after all. The point is to have fun. Epic items are so easily acquired now because any heroic can be AoE'd down in 20 minutes. Not to mention that ICC, frost emblems, and the dungeon finder tool have been out for about 10 months now. Sorry, but your complaint really isn't justified unless you're saying that ICC raid heroic gear is too easily acquired now. It's still a challenge and most players won't get any of that stuff.
  1. larva's Avatar
    blablabla ... and see their drops, ... blablabla
    somehow i don't like this ^^

Site Navigation