MMO-Champion - 25v25 Rated BG Bracket gone, Raid Markers, Gamon, Blue Posts
25 vs 25 Bracket in Rated Battlegrounds Removed
Originally Posted by Mumper (Blue Tracker)
After much though and deliberation, we have decided to remove the 25 v 25 bracket from rated battlegrounds. We felt that overall, it created too many logistical issues for players and that in the long run, most players would just skip that week in the rotation.

Thanks for all the feedback on this issue, we are listening.

Cataclysm Raid Markers
One of the latest beta build upgraded the raid markers to improve them visually, below is a small preview.





Orgrimmar - Gamon Updated!
Gamon received a considerable upgrade in the latest beta build, he is now a level 85 elite and will kick your ass if you try to attack him! It's about time!



Cataclysm Models - Al'akir and Druid Worgen Flight Form
Apparently I forgot to post these models a while back and I couldn't miss an occasion to prove that complaining works!. Below is the in-game model of Al'akir and the flight form of worgen druids.





All raids open for testing on Beta Servers
Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
I've opened up access to all the Cataclysm raid content on each of the four beta servers again.

Both normal and heroic difficulties are available.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Player vs. Player
Hitting Higher Level Players
Actually, it's already substantially easier to hit a higher level player in PvP than it is to hit an NPC of the equivalent level; though perhaps not to the extent you had in mind. On the same token, PvP is only really intended to be a reasonable challenge between characters that are within a few levels of each other.

Gaining levels should confer power, and it's not at all untoward for a higher level character to have a significant advantage over a much lower level character. If one wants to beat a higher level player in PvP, then it's in their best interest to gear up, study up, and deliver a satisfying beat down once they catch up. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Zealotry
Zealotry (in Cataclysm) does not consume Holy Power and is not on the GCD.

This seems to be a common misperception, probably because this is a change from how it works on live, so I wanted to clear it up and maybe nudge the theorycrafting towards some more accurate numbers. (Source)

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
Recent Discipline changes on Beta
The intent was that with the new PW:Barrier and a very strong Prayer of Healing, Disc would be good at group healing, and buffing Grace would make sure they can deliver the throughput on a single target, since they can't layer as many multiple spells on the same target the way a druid can.

We're still looking at priest base heals though (Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal) because we're concerned neither Disc nor Holy is using them enough. If we end up buffing those then both Disc and Holy will be even stronger on single targets. (Source)

Blizzard Art Gallery Update
The Blizzard Art gallery has been updated with five pieces representing the Warcraft universe.




New Fan Art
The Blizzard Fan Art Section has been updated with 4 new pictures.

This article was originally published in forum thread: 25v25 Rated BG Bracket gone, Raid Markers, Gamon, Blue Posts started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 188 Comments
  1. Ishmad's Avatar
    We can do now Gamon raid in Cataclysm.
  1. krasgoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Wow, way to make up numbers. Let's see
    1. 25% of pvpers are interested. See I can do it too
    2. Umm, how is it any different than a 25 man raid. Infact it is easier, because pvpers for the most part aren't nearly as stupid as pvers. We take the time to learn our class, what we need to do etc. It would be easier to get 25 people together for pvp, much easier than say a raid.
    3. Again you are wrong. Right now there are 25 man bgs that you can queue up for pretty fast. It isn't instant, but it isn't that long either. Plus when more battle groups are together it won't take nearly as long.
    4. You are just an idiot. There are plenty of people that were eagerly looking forward to the 25v25 bracket. Just because you werent, or YOU couldn't find 25 people that thought you were more than a scrub doesn't mean the rest of us are. Hell walk outside of org and you can find more than 25 people dueling just waiting for the chance to do a bg. Guild points aside it's easy to get a 25 man group together.

    If they are just worried about guild points for advancement, make it so you get no guild xp unless you win. Then if you do happen to have a guild group for 25v25 and you are good. You win and get rewarded. What is wrong with that?
    1) 25% of pvpers aren't interested. Hate to tell you that, but my imaginary number is far far closer than your imaginary number.

    2) "Getting together 25 people for pvp" is something that sounds good in theory but simply doesn't work in practice. Getting together 25 people for a raid that will go on for 4 hours requires a massive amount of organization. Getting 25 people focusing on the same objective in pvp while having to wait for queues is an awful idea.

    3) Oh, this one is rich. You obviously have no comprehension of how the PVP queuing system works, so why are you shooting your mouth as if you do? Have you ever queued for a 10man raid group in pvp? How long does that take for you? Usually the queues are at LEAST half an hour long. Imagine 25 players trying to find a group versus 25 other players. The limitations are just too great for 25 people. 10 and 15 will be fine, 25 was simply too many.

    4) Calling me an idiot and a scrub just outlines the fact that everything you said was, again: Incorrect. "Plenty of people" obviously weren't plenty of people, because they cancelled the bracket, and everyone except a very few small voices like your own (And you're not helping your cause by raging out in your small, whiny internet voice shouting "LOLZ SCRUB U CANT FIND 25MAN") agree with the reasons it was removed.

    Frankly, I love large scale PVP. I'll be enjoying 10v10 and 15v15 brackets with guildmates. Thankfully, there won't be any embarassing 25v25. You'll play in both brackets if you have any pvp mentality too, so stop crying and acting as if 25v25 was going to be the next big thing, when all it was going to be was a giant, bloated, ineffective system no one but 0.01% of players cared about. Thats why it was dropped.
  1. Dch48's Avatar
    Troll forms are awesome, Worgen ones are boring, the raid markers are terrible. There was nothing wrong with the old markers, the new ones are just going to cause more graphics lag.
  1. Voltrond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Troll forms are awesome, Worgen ones are boring, the raid markers are terrible. There was nothing wrong with the old markers, the new ones are just going to cause more graphics lag.
    The new raid markers look terrible; like a whack-a-mole made a baby with the lucky charms leprechaun.
  1. bullseyed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    if those raid markers can be deployed in the manner shown in the clip, not bound to npc's, how is that different than the add-on Blizz banned because it allowed group to down dumb the content by drawing on the 3d world and indicating where to stand etc to avoid fight mechanics?

    and seriously, with all the aoe spells now, both boss effects and player effects, does anyone think adding more colors on top of more colors is actually a good thing?
    This.

    That's why WoW is hemoraging players. Once a good MMO comes out we can stop the bleeding.
  1. Zorohon-'s Avatar
    @ the Al'Akir model: Hey, it's a rogue!
  1. cerbul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Hi, let's make an agreement. I won't talk about AVR if you stfu about pvp. Deal? I hope so because you know nothing about it.
    You'll probably be surprized to hear from me that I actualy would love to do more pvp, but not in a pug. I would love to be able to premade a 40 ppl bg one day with all the players on the same ts/ventrilo.
    I am an arena player, I do enjoy pvp, but doing bgs in a pug can be a nightmare. So please don't put together bgs with arenas.
    I also do agree that the rotation is the problem, and that we should be able to chose between and/or have better rewards from higher brackets to have an interest to play the higher ones.
    I also do agree that Blizzard came with the wrong solution to a rotation problem, i.e. to remove 25v25 rated bgs.
    I think you also do agree that having a bg with all the players on the same ts/ventrilo is something would be alot more fun then dealing with players that do not listen/don't know/or cannot be told what to do since they are not on the same ts/ventrilo. Or even if you like bgs in a pug, I am sure that alot more players would like to play bgs if they could bring their friends only to any bg size.
  1. Sinra's Avatar
    I've always had a thing for the art of WoW. We have many great artists. And for the new raid icons, yay, finally a skull that will bob up and down to let you know that the guys it's on, is the one everyone keeps loosing

Site Navigation