MMO-Champion - Patch 4.1 Content Preview: Rise of the Zandalari
Patch 4.1 Content Preview: Rise of the Zandalari
Blizzard finally posted a small preview of the Patch 4.1 content, confirming the updated skin of the Amani War Bear in the process.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
In years past, the Zandalar tribe, encompassing the wise and scholarly progenitors of the trolls, heroically assisted the Horde and the Alliance with thwarting the nefarious activities of their brethren in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak. Yet the chaos unleashed by the recent Cataclysm has reshaped the Zandalari's philosophy about the world and the dwindling remnants of their race. Led by a mysterious prophet known only as Zul, the Zandalari have issued a call to Azeroth's embattled troll populations: unite into a single mighty empire and save their race from extinction.

Thus far, the Gurubashi and Amani trolls have answered the summons and received aid from the Zandalari, allowing them to rebuild their respective capitals in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman. Not all trolls, however, have so eagerly adopted the Zandalari's grandiose vision of a new troll empire. Vol'jin and his Darkspear tribe are opposed to the warmongering espoused by Zul. To prevent the burgeoning Gurubashi and Amani troll forces from wreaking havoc on Azeroth, Vol'jin has reached out to his Horde comrades and members of the Alliance for assistance. Should the Darkspears' campaign fail, a new troll empire shall rise and bring war to a world already beset by suffering and conflict.



A Threat Fought in Secret

Using a great deal of discretion, Vol’jin has dispatched Darkspear delegates to the capital cities of Stormwind and Orgrimmar calling for all able-bodied adventurers to investigate recent threats that have risen in the jungles of Stranglethorn.

The outlook isn't good. The Gurubashi tribe, their strength renewed, is running rampant throughout Stranglethorn. Players will have a chance to embark on all-new level-85 solo quests in Stranglethorn and will discover exactly what tribulations lie ahead -- Gurubashi leadership is still largely intact and rehabilitated through the new union with the Zandalari. Along the way, players will assist a sassy, headstrong Darkspear spirit-talker named Bwemba, they'll track down the elusive Hemet Nesingwary, and they'll encounter many of the new Zul'Gurub bosses throughout the steaming jungles of Stranglethorn.


Rewards for addressing the issues in Stranglethorn include an adorable panther pet of your own to care for. Players should seek out Vol'jin's representatives in Orgrimmar or Stormwind Harbor to begin their adventure.


Return to Zul'Gurub

This ancient city has once again become the staging grounds for an empowered Gurubashi people to strike against those who they perceive to be invading their ancestral lands. Now backed by the Zandalari, the Gurubashi present all-new challenges for players in this level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon. While players may see some familiar faces in this dungeon, the encounters and fight mechanics have been considerably updated. For allying yourself with the Darkspears, High Priest Venoxis, Broodlord Mandokir, High Priestess Kilnara, Zanzil, and Jin'do the Godbreaker would like to make one thing clear -- your intrusion will cost you. Take their heads and you’ll be presented with a treasure map. You’ll want to seek out its precious booty, including an account-bound ring with a gem so big it’s visible when worn!


Also, for those with a high enough Archaeology skill, an additional boss can be unlocked in Zul’Gurub. Gri'lek, Renataki, Hazza'rah, and Wushoolay will be randomly selected to put an end to those who dig too deep for greater riches. Should your group survive the challenge, you'll unearth a selection of rewards available from any of the four bosses, as well as loot unique to each boss.


The Amani Regrouped

With the aid of the Zandalari, the remaining Amani have reassembled under new, sturdy leadership in Daakara. Zul'Aman has been converted into a challenging level-85 5-player Heroic dungeon. For those who fought Zul'jin back during The Burning Crusade, much of the dungeon will feel similar, but the mechanics have been updated to suit a 5-player group. Akil'zon, Nalorakk, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Hex Lord Malacrass, and Daakara look to bring their tribe out of hiding and into the spotlight as a force to be reckoned with. Challengers beware.


Both Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub will require players to have a minimum average item level of 346 before they can enter. These two Heroic dungeons will exist in a separate Heroic difficulty tier in the Dungeon Finder, above the current Cataclysm Heroic dungeons. In return, they will offer players item level 353 epic-quality loot. Players can expect to find items for nearly every gear slot available in these two dungeons, though much focus has been placed on offering players itemization for hard-to-fill slots or specializations, such as bracers, helms, shoulders, guns, and wands.


Rare Mounts and More

As with the original iterations of Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman, players will have a chance to obtain updated rare mounts. The Swift Zulian Panther and Armored Razzashi Raptor are obtained in Zul'Gurub, while the Amani Battle Bear can be earned by killing the first four bosses of Zul'Aman in a limited amount of time.


The interests of the Zandalari no longer align with your own. Vol'jin needs your help to stop this play for power. Will you rise to the challenge?
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 4.1 Content Preview: Rise of the Zandalari started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 188 Comments
  1. Bexy's Avatar
    I just thought... does this mean that the Mojo pet will be removed? :X
  1. Happydance's Avatar
    How did you obatin the original Amani Battle Bear back in the days?
  1. Goretex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Also, is anyone else confused by the fact that the Zaldalari have recruited both the Amani and the Gurubashi, but not the Sandfury tribe of Zul'farrak? At least having three new heroics on this "tier" would feel like there's some variety.
    H Zul Farrak would be awesome too! Only thing I don't like about this, is why we fighting along side the alliance and visa versa damn you Vol Jin!
  1. Thiron's Avatar
    Vol'jin? Hemet Nesigwary? Zandalari helping both Amani and Gurubashi? Visible BoA ring?

    I didn't expect the spanish inquisition.
  1. sydazlir's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Also, is anyone else confused by the fact that the Zaldalari have recruited both the Amani and the Gurubashi, but not the Sandfury tribe of Zul'farrak? At least having three new heroics on this "tier" would feel like there's some variety.
    Well as I see it, it's more that there isn't any Sandfury left. I mean we did, in Cataclysm, clear the entire place out, and had quests to clear to place out, so it doesn't really make sense if they suddenly got new leadership. I'm pretty sure we managed to commit genocide on just about their entire race.

    And even if that's not true, it says, "Thus far, the Gurubashi and Amani trolls have answered the summons and received aid from the Zandalari" which implies that the Zandalari are just sort of goin, "Party at ojur place, we provide drinks and snacks, all trolls welcome." The Sandfury may not have even wanted to come.

    Oh and keep in mind that the Sandfury are also on the other continent. That's a bit of a problem.
  1. Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Also, is anyone else confused by the fact that the Zaldalari have recruited both the Amani and the Gurubashi, but not the Sandfury tribe of Zul'farrak? At least having three new heroics on this "tier" would feel like there's some variety.
    well, if you remember the Cataclysm Events, then one of the elemental bosses was the monster in Zul'Farrak, and it got metioned that they worked for Old Gods/ Twilights Hammer now.
  1. Leifmeister's Avatar
    the wording in this post scares me when he says "confirming the updated skin of the Amani War Bear in the process." They aren't changing the skin of my lvl 70 bear right....
  1. Vashtanerada's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happydance View Post
    How did you obatin the original Amani Battle Bear back in the days?
    Same as this time, complete the instance within a certain time.
  1. bloodwine77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happydance View Post
    How did you obatin the original Amani Battle Bear back in the days?
    Beat ZA within a certain amount of time. However, it wasn't a trivial task.
  1. Durbi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heppu View Post
    "can be earned by killing the first four bosses of Zul'Aman in a limited amount of time."

    Say hello to our new bronze drake!
    Exactly my thought, hello new bronze drake...meh...
  1. Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    Well as I see it, it's more that there isn't any Sandfury left. I mean we did, in Cataclysm, clear the entire place out, and had quests to clear to place out, so it doesn't really make sense if they suddenly got new leadership. I'm pretty sure we managed to commit genocide on just about their entire race.

    And even if that's not true, it says, "Thus far, the Gurubashi and Amani trolls have answered the summons and received aid from the Zandalari" which implies that the Zandalari are just sort of goin, "Party at ojur place, we provide drinks and snacks, all trolls welcome." The Sandfury may not have even wanted to come.

    Oh and keep in mind that the Sandfury are also on the other continent. That's a bit of a problem.
    i agree with what you say (you forgot the Elemental Invasion Dungeon fact, but whatever), except the last one, the Zandalari tribe lives on an island, which means they probaly can sail to both continents. the fact that its an island even make me more sure that next expansion will be Azshara and Naga + maybe Emerald Dream + islands and lots of water in the middle of the sea, where the trolls can fit in later. they also talked about "World Travelling" at some point, and i guess they wanna clear out Azeroth before they take out the big World Travel.

    ---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 05:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    Beat ZA within a certain amount of time. However, it wasn't a trivial task.
    really? alot of people says it was a trivial task.
    plus, you dont know how trivial it will be yet.
  1. Asrialol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    Beat ZA within a certain amount of time. However, it wasn't a trivial task.

    Yeah, it was "hard" for about a week, after that it was pugged several times each week on most of my alts realms.. Nothing big about it.

    Too all the people who're being all "New bear is just a re-colored version of the old.. Now I'm not going to look unique while standing in OG/SW", - please. I have the old bear and I'm happy about the change. Now my alts can have a similar bear for the same effort. (Spending 20-50 minutes in a dungeon or raid, no big deal).
  1. Azutael's Avatar
    I didn't expect the spanish inquisition.
    Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

    I personally cant wait to get to do Zul'gurub again, not all that fuzzed over zul'aman however.
    More gear for hard to obtain slots is very welcome,
  1. nilnar's Avatar
    Disappointing how similar the new mount is to the old one, given how common this mount will be in a couple of patches time (think Bronze drake). Oh well, the exclusivity was nice while it lasted.

    On a more serious note though, does anyone else find it tenuous that Voljin would reach out to the Alliance as well as the Horde? I mean, trolls are usually viewed as savages by the Alliance in any literature I've read. I can't imagine Voljin getting audience with Varian Wrynn.
  1. barter94's Avatar
    w00t archeology bosses!! :P
  1. Durbi's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Arrowstorm;10862823
    really? alot of people says it was a trivial task.
    plus, you dont know how trivial it will be yet.[/QUOTE]

    It wasn't trivial at all, and cmon we all know what expansion we are, it will be difficult for first 2 days and then after QQ from mama's boys its gonna get nerfed to ground

    i'm expecting something like this on release: beat the timed run under 30 minutes to recieve this mount, and 3 days later: beat timed run under 2 hours to recieve this mount...cause franly thats how this game operates now

    and if that isn't enough it's gonna recive 10 nerfs in first month also...so yeah it's gonna be trivial very very soon
  1. bajerman's Avatar
    It better be really hard to get the bear. Like beat all 4 bosses in 15 minutes. Bronze Drake was too faceroll, I got it without even trying.
  1. TheOne's Avatar
    Awesome. Yet another reason to not even bother logging into WoW until after 4.2.
  1. Luminar's Avatar
    New Bear Mount:

    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...1055619982.jpg

    Old Bear Trash:

    http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/sc...rmal/60928.jpg

    Well, some did say they wanted that old bear.

    Just don't complain that it's an effortless rehash like you're prone to do, community.
  1. Theri's Avatar
    My War Bear died inside.

Site Navigation