MMO-Champion - Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1789 Comments
  1. hawtlol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    True, but as China hasnt got Cataclysm yet a lot of Chinese players are not currently playing so their numbers do not show up on the subscription numbers.
    If those fans were really that loyal of customers and really cared they would still be playing wrath content or farming gold for 85 boe's and such. You really must be on Blizzard's dick or are blind as fuck to not see WoW is awful and Blizzard is falling down a hole.
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugglebug View Post
    The playerbase is declining. Get over it. It's ok, you can still play your game. It's a long, long way from being a problem for them. But pulling this sort of crap isn't going to get them any new subs, or re-subbers either.
    I don't need to "get over it" as its just wishfull thinking from those wanting Blizzard to fail

    Check your facts.

    1. Large number of players in China
    2. Large number of players stop playing before an expansion
    3. China doesnt have Cataclysm
    4. Large number of players in China stopped playing before Cataclysm
    5. Large number of players in China not counted in the figures released.
    6. Cataclysm will be launched in China

    I do agree though that this isnt going to win them any favors.
  1. Masternewt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    China hasnt got Cataclysm yet hence the 600k "lag" in players.
    China players who still have WotLK are still registered as players, they weren't wiped at Cata launch. WoW lost 600k subscribers. Not "WoW has 600k less people with Cata expansion than with WotLK expansion". Don't know how to explain this better, but Cata not yet being released in China has nothing to do with this (ignoring the fact they have a completely different subscription system as EU/NA).

    Back to topic: it's a money grabbing industry and Activison wants both pieces of the MMO cake... they want subscriptions AND they want the premium incomes usually part of F2P MMOs. It's beyond greedy, but was expected since they're already pushing out the bare minimum and saying there's no time or resources for other suggestions players have.

    Best investment after Voice Chat were the dungeon maps. WoW needs those badly seeing that every dungeons is a one way corridor, right? Yawn, give GW2.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    True, but as China hasnt got Cataclysm yet a lot of Chinese players are not currently playing so their numbers do not show up on the subscription numbers.
    You're so off base on this I don't even know how to respond. China is currently in the upswing of Lich King launch from last August and shouldn't peak for another 3-4 months.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 09:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    I don't need to "get over it" as its just wishfull thinking from those wanting Blizzard to fail

    Check your facts.

    1. Large number of players in China
    2. Large number of players stop playing before an expansion
    3. China doesnt have Cataclysm
    4. Large number of players in China stopped playing before Cataclysm
    5. Large number of players in China not counted in the figures released.
    6. Cataclysm will be launched in China

    I do agree though that this isnt going to win them any favors.
    What part of "They just got Lich King 9 months ago" don't you understand? You're cherry picking a single piece of information and twisting it to suit your view.
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    The 600k lost players aren't from Asia. They're from the US and the EU.
    Even if this is true - they STILL have China to come back online and make those numbers back up again. All I'm saying is people regularly talk about how Blizzard is failing and the game is dying, and its just not happening.

    Are they making their player base "annoyed"? DAMN right they are, is it currently affecting their profits? Nope!
  1. hawtlol's Avatar
    God how much is Blizzard paying you to suck their cock? And yes it is affecting their profits because it will result in a loss of subscribers which means less subscribers=less money. Retard man, retard.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Even if this is true - they STILL have China to come back online and make those numbers back up again. All I'm saying is people regularly talk about how Blizzard is failing and the game is dying, and its just not happening.

    Are they making their player base "annoyed"? DAMN right they are, is it currently affecting their profits? Nope!
    China is currently in LK subscription upswing. Those players aren't "offline". What do you not understand about that? LK didn't peak in the US and EU until roughly 14 months after it released. What in gods name gave you the idea that WoW was in decline in China because they just got LK 9 months ago? WoW isn't in decline in any Asian country. It's infact the only market where the game is growing and has been growing since 2008 when they stopped releasing regional subscription data. 600k accounts is the number of accounts left after new LK players in Asia, after new Cata players in the US and EU after the banhammer of 500-600k players and the lost numbers of players in US/EU.
  1. Maklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    As they didnt lose any... thats double zero yes? China hasnt got Cataclysm yet hence the 600k "lag" in players.
    I'm sorry this is utter nonsense, as far as I know they were never counting the Chinese players anyway.
  1. Navitas's Avatar
    It's an 'OK' idea at best and no way should cost any money.

    Blizz, have fun spending countless hours and $'s on this idea. It will bomb and you will lose money.
  1. Hugglebug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    I don't need to "get over it" as its just wishfull thinking from those wanting Blizzard to fail

    Check your facts.

    1. Large number of players in China
    2. Large number of players stop playing before an expansion
    3. China doesnt have Cataclysm
    4. Large number of players in China stopped playing before Cataclysm
    5. Large number of players in China not counted in the figures released.
    6. Cataclysm will be launched in China

    I do agree though that this isnt going to win them any favors.
    No, you check your facts. The FACT (Blizzard said it themselves) is, they lost 600k subscribers over a tiny period of time. No game should be hemorrhaging that amount of players so soon after an expansion. Yes, the sub numbers might go up when Cat launches in China, but then they'll drop, again, when people burn through the content too fast.

    For the record, I don't want Blizzard to fail. I've played and loved all of their games. I'd love them to stop pulling shit like this though.
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    Which expansion you have doesn't affect how many subscribers there are. Stop being so ignorant and just open your eyes to see WoW has in fact seen a drop in customers.
    Thank you kindly for calling me ignorant Most friendly of you and I think you. Now..... "Which expansion you have doesn't affect how many subscribers there are"? That is what you said yes? How many people stopped playing WoW just before Cataclysm? Do you think for any reason that players in China didnt also get burnt out with running ICC for months and stopped playing till Cataclysm?

    Your statement is techincally correct: it doesnt matter what expansion you are as far as subscriber base goes. It DOES matter though if you stop playing because you are waiting for the next expansion.

    Next time you call someone ignorant, please try to engage brain
  1. Scratches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Even if this is true - they STILL have China to come back online and make those numbers back up again. All I'm saying is people regularly talk about how Blizzard is failing and the game is dying, and its just not happening.

    Are they making their player base "annoyed"? DAMN right they are, is it currently affecting their profits? Nope!
    Actually, it is affecting their profits; they're $9M/mo poorer now because of it. lol... L2math.

    And I'd honestly be surprised if the Eastern markets don't have the same reaction to Cataclysm that the West did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Do you think for any reason that players in China didnt also get burnt out with running ICC for months and stopped playing till Cataclysm?
    You say that as if it's already happened... o_O
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    If those fans were really that loyal of customers and really cared they would still be playing wrath content or farming gold for 85 boe's and such. You really must be on Blizzard's dick or are blind as fuck to not see WoW is awful and Blizzard is falling down a hole.
    Lots of people stopped playing at the end of Wrath. You should know that. Also I do not like the offensive insults you are throwing around and would ask you to please act like an adult.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Thank you kindly for calling me ignorant Most friendly of you and I think you. Now..... "Which expansion you have doesn't affect how many subscribers there are"? That is what you said yes? How many people stopped playing WoW just before Cataclysm? Do you think for any reason that players in China didnt also get burnt out with running ICC for months and stopped playing till Cataclysm?

    Your statement is techincally correct: it doesnt matter what expansion you are as far as subscriber base goes. It DOES matter though if you stop playing because you are waiting for the next expansion.

    Next time you call someone ignorant, please try to engage brain
    You're data is wrong. Subscriptions are up in Asia and have been growing since 2008. The 600k subscriptions were losses in US/EU offset by new players and player bans worldwide.

    China just got patch 3.3 in December, when US/EU got Cata, also when US/EU subscriptions were swelling to their WotLK peak. Why would China be losing players when US/EU didn't start losing LK players until at a minimum 6 months after 3.3? It's cuz they're not. Asia is near peak atm.
  1. Fraza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    IMO Blizzard is taking WoW towards being a free-to-play MMO many years from now. Just my opinion, though.
    They probably will once the subscribtions go down, and I wouldn't have any problem with the premium service if WoW was F2P. But at the moment, it's not.

    There's the P2P model where you pay a monthly subscription and get access to everything.
    There's the F2P + microtransaction model where you get basic gameplay for free and pay small amounts of money to get permanent access to in game features/items.
    There's the F2P + P2P model where basic gameplay is free and additional features come with a subscription.

    The model WoW has is P2P where you pay a monthly subscription, but unlike other games you don't get access to everything. Additional items can be bought with microtransactions but these are not permanently accessible after, since you still have to keep the subscription active. And then there's the additional features with an additional subscription.
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm sorry this is utter nonsense, as far as I know they were never counting the Chinese players anyway.
    Yes because large corporations often decide not to count a large number of their customers.
  1. The_Butcher's Avatar
    I'm not paying either.

    I mean jesus, we've been wanting to do this for awhile now and they decide to charge additional fees?
    I can understand about mobile features, because WoW is not a mobile game, but this is ridiculous.

    How much you pay Monthly + How much you pay @ Blizzard Store during a moment of Weekend + Premium now?!

    Not paying! D<
  1. kamiko's Avatar
    greedy motherfuckers
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Cassadin, you're assumptions about Asian players are hilariously inaccurate. WotLK peaked in US/EU roughly 6 months after 3.3 launched. WoW had 11.5 million players then. What makes you think that China wouldn't still be near peak when WoW just announced 12 million subscribers in December, coincidentally the same time Cata was launched in US/EU. It's not a coincidence. China subscriptions fluctuate similarly to US/EU subscriptions except they're months behind.
  1. Fraza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Lots of people stopped playing at the end of Wrath. You should know that. Also I do not like the offensive insults you are throwing around and would ask you to please act like an adult.
    China is not at the end of Wrath. We had 2 years of Wrath, they're on their 9th month. It will still be another 9 months before they're approaching the end of Wrath.

Site Navigation