MMO-Champion - Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1789 Comments
  1. Ziktus's Avatar
    That post just gave me a freaking mood swing. Never went from really happy to extremely sad in such a short time.

    We already pay a monthly fee to play this game, why add premium services on top of that? Isn't that something F2P games make their money with?
  1. skylla05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnie View Post
    Only reason people are complaining about this is because they would love to use the service but are too broke/cheap to pay for it. Blizzard doesn't have to offer this at all. If it really does take a lot more coding/resources to do it then I am fine with it being a premium. You are paying a monthly sub NOW for a game without this feature. Blizzard has a right to raise their prices if they add new features that cost more resources. At least this is optional. This is like someone going to Mcdonnalds asking for "super size" then complaining that it costs more money lol.
    Grow up. There are plenty of us that have tons of expendable income that think this being a premium feature is ridiculous (I will also add that paid or completely free, I'd never use it anyway since I don't use RealID, not because of security reasons, but because none of my real life friends play this game, and I don't make or have friends on other servers. So call me unbiased.)

    Generalizing makes you look like a fool, just a heads up.
  1. Mascotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Man... your logic is so full of fail. So, since he bought Cataclysm he bought all of the new services to come along which would include content patches? So that means he also bought Cross-Realm Dungeons? Cross-Realm Dungeons, under your example, is called an Expansion not a premium service. *sigh*

    It wouldn't be too bad if they say "$15 dollars to flag your account as premium for life" as opposed to "5.95 additional per month".
    Dont read what you want to read.
    He bought the content patches, including any services such as the dungeon finder at that time (That wasn't expansion content btw, since it was launched already).
    If they make a change to something that's already there you should expect to get that for free?
    How does that work.
    Using your logic the remote AH and remote guildthingy and whatnot should be free as well, since that got added to the game which you pay for.

    If they added a new dungeon finder that only works based on real id and then charged money it would be ok?
    Dont think so :P
  1. iBad's Avatar
    Faster LFD queue for premmium soon! YAY!
  1. Skunasala's Avatar
    cant believe blizzard keeps pushing the lines of what they charge for, this is terrible /quit wow
  1. Ave07's Avatar
    Yeah no thanks, glad I started playing with all my friends on the same server.
  1. SarSil's Avatar
    I've wanted a feature like this for a long time, with LFD tool and Bnet accounts I thought it was possible, and since I have a few friends scattered throughout EU realms...it's an excelent idea...

    Until...I read the "Premium account" part. That's just awful. I would never pay more for that. I already pay for the game if I want to play it...and in my opinion that's already too much considering the current state of the game.

    It's in these things that you can see that Blizzard's too greedy nowadays. Looks like my account will remain frozen for some time
  1. Greennunu's Avatar
    RealID is a blizzard wide feature that ties in on blizzard games. RealID features are not included in your wow subscription. Ether way if you don't want to pay for it then don't, you've managed this long without cross realm crossing with your friends, you can still manage in the future.
  1. Scratchee's Avatar
    Great idea, but I am not paying.
  1. XepNes's Avatar
    I'm just going to say this to all of you people. It doesnt say anywhere it will be a paid service, I will agree, that I also think it will be charged for, but there was no where in the release that specifically said that it would cost money. For all we know, there will be other requirements to upgrade into the premium user. And as they also said, creating this feature is rather complex. If we want to see the game getting better, we will have to spend money on it, still I hope that the subscription fee will be enough, if not you and your friends could go together to make on of you premium, since only the party leader needs it, so split the premium cost with 4 other people.
  1. mordale's Avatar
    hmm i wonder if they actually mean payment as premium, and not something like you have to real id friends to invite each other.
  1. malevolant's Avatar
    coming soon Star Wars: The Old Republic.
  1. Ryme's Avatar
    Hey, we have a way for you to now play this game with your friends! You'll have to pay us some extra money to do it first though.

    Isn't it all automated though? What exactly am I paying you the extra to do?

    It's taken a long time to create and a lot of effort on our part.

    Well, yes, but that's why I paid extra for your expansions, all of them, and continue to pay a continuous monthly fee so you can create these features for me. I still don't follow why a basic concept in all gaming, especially in online gaming, has to cost me more than I already pay?

    ... lolnub l2reoll omfgz, this r good feature, doesn't effect u in eny way if u dunt use it lol, qq moar!
  1. Rawt's Avatar
    i cant imagine this will have a widespread fanbase. most people have already server transferred long ago to be with friends. i honestly only see this being used by big guilds to offer ach runs and mount runs (ala ZA).

    also, im still waiting on the aerial combat and dance studio from wotlk.
  1. Grading's Avatar
    This is one of those things that makes me wonder if I should even be playing this game anymore. Not that it's been fun lately anyway...

    What surprises me is that some people actually don't mind them taking extra money for this. I mean, are you surprised the world is fucked up these days? What's next? Are we supposed to pay for living, breathing, sleeping and thinking? Or perhaps having our legs cut off and only getting them back if we pay up?

    Jeez, these money-grubbing folk these days... Disgusting.
  1. malevolant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    I'm just going to say this to all of you people. It doesnt say anywhere it will be a paid service, I will agree, that I also think it will be charged for, but there was no where in the release that specifically said that it would cost money. For all we know, there will be other requirements to upgrade into the premium user. And as they also said, creating this feature is rather complex. If we want to see the game getting better, we will have to spend money on it, still I hope that the subscription fee will be enough, if not you and your friends could go together to make on of you premium, since only the party leader needs it, so split the premium cost with 4 other people.
    Uh yeah it does. "premium" implies paid.
  1. Krekko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    hmm i wonder if they actually mean payment as premium, and not something like you have to real id friends to invite each other.
    Am I the only one who didn't understand this?
  1. Cactrot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    Good that you backed up your argument with facts and similiar. It was dumb of me to assume a multi-billion dollar company would held conventions just because they want to through away money.
    Blizzard Entertainment cofounder and executive vice president of product development Frank Pearce revealed that his company still doesn't make a profit on the expo. "BlizzCon is operated at a substantial loss for the company," said Pearce. "It's a huge marketing opportunity, so that's the benefit we get out of that. But in terms of any kind of financial gain, it actually is a loss for us."
    Pearce being the Cofounder and executive vice president of product development.
  1. nogard64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Actual it is more complicated.

    Last time I checked the cross realm dungeon finder only works with realms in your battlegroup. Battlegroups are limited to one data center so they don't have to worry too much about how the data gets from data center to data center and if they need to do any encryption or special handling of the data.

    This is extending it to all players not matter what battlegroup they are in. Spanning data centers. May seem like a minor point to you but even so this does add another layer of complexity.

    dude you are right, I forgot the battlegroups thing, yeah that probably will be pretty hard considering how many servers there are and to connect all that data. thanks for filling us in.
  1. Hentai-san's Avatar
    Blizzard?Taking the slippery slope to greed?Is activision to blame?Why is this happening So this applies everywehre i guess: the more you get, the more you want.

Site Navigation