MMO-Champion - Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1789 Comments
  1. Ranor's Avatar
    If they released a feature that impacted my gameplay, I would be up in arms with the rest of you guys. However, that's not going to happen. They've already stated that they won't release features that impact actual gameplay and after all of the premium services so far, they've held true to that.

    This doesn't impact my gameplay, therefore it isn't a big deal and I don't care. And yes, it's pretty useless to argue with me because I won't change my views on this.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Ranor, they're already releasing features that impact gameply. Sparkle pony makes it so any new character you create ever again never has to purchase another mount. This feature makes it so you can simply run dungeons with people on other servers. Where does it end? It NEVER ends. This is why we have to make a stand now before this gets even more out of hand than it already is.
  1. Hugglebug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    If they released a feature that impacted my gameplay, I would be up in arms with the rest of you guys. However, that's not going to happen. They've already stated that they won't release features that impact actual gameplay and after all of the premium services so far, they've held true to that.
    You're forgetting one thing, this isn't the same Blizzard as several years ago. The Blizzard that told us no to character changes, faction changes and server transfers. It's only a matter of time, and if you don't agree then you're being incredibly, incredibly naive.
  1. Ranor's Avatar
    Oh boy. Not having to buy a 10g mount really gives me the upper hand on that guy that has to buy a 10g mount. Let me tell you.

    I don't CARE if this is some crazy bizzaro Blizzard. They're still producing quality services and gameplay that I'm happy to pay for. They're still introducing cool extra features that some people might find worth buying, and these features CHANGE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the game.

    Until the day they do something completely irrational like introduce a legendary weapon only people who buy it can use, I don't. care. I really don't. It's nothing to rage about, it's nothing to quit over.
  1. Hugglebug's Avatar
    Anyway, weren't you going to bed? Blizzard are big boys, they can handle themselves.
  1. Psii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    See this is what's going to happen.

    Feature is released.
    I don't buy it.
    I play WoW, raid, do whatever.
    Nothing changed.
    See, you can't see past your fanboy glasses.

    Next will be:
    Premium service required to use flying mount in new expansion zone.
    Then:
    Premium service required to access new raid content.

    It's a snowball effect that you're blindly happy to accept because it currently doesn't effect you.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Dude, it's not 10g, it's your level 20 mount, your level 60 epic mount, your base flying mount, your epic flying mount, and your 310% speed flying mount(previously which there were only a handful of in the game). GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND.
  1. Fool's Avatar
    no! Ranor can fight off the qq and when he's done with you guys, it's all going to be okay.
  1. Hugglebug's Avatar
    I don't agree with Kaeleena on the mount thing, but I do think this is the first premium feature that can/will have a negative effect on gameplay for those that don't have it. But time will tell, there's no way to be sure yet, either way.
  1. Knirps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    If they released a feature that impacted my gameplay, I would be up in arms with the rest of you guys. However, that's not going to happen. They've already stated that they won't release features that impact actual gameplay and after all of the premium services so far, they've held true to that.

    This doesn't impact my gameplay, therefore it isn't a big deal and I don't care. And yes, it's pretty useless to argue with me because I won't change my views on this.
    So, what is 'actual' gameplay to you?

    I understand nothing will change your mind and I'm not here to do that... But really, what WOULD make you think twice about how far your willing to put your nose in a certain place?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    Dude, it's not 10g, it's your level 20 mount, your level 60 epic mount, your base flying mount, your epic flying mount, and your 310% speed flying mount(previously which there were only a handful of in the game). GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND.
    No, no...that's not gameplay, that's uh...uh...that's...game...no, no, can't be game anything, cause all there is in a game is play...that's... ENTITLEMENT!
  1. dotSeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    [...] because the company is adding a feature that won't do anything to change my gameplay.
    You missed the point so much, it's unfunny and you do nothing but make yourself look silly by assuming everyone who takes issue with this is some self-entitled mouth-breathing tit (although there are those). Your post seems to consist of presuming you're better than other people because you don't cause a fuss when in-game features become "premium" features. You might have well said 'Who cares if cross-realm LFG is premium? I play with my friends on my server!' Would you complain if they charged "premium" subscribers for faster queues, or cross-realm raids, or cross-realm channels?

    When people talk about the 'slippery slope' of micro-transactions, it's usually bullshit. Blizzard seems adamant that Store items don't effect gameplay. This is the slippery slope.

    PS: Check my post history, if you think I'm a generic "Hurr durr every change is terrible" poster.
  1. Smackback's Avatar
    Ranor, bore off you blizzard fan boy toss piece

    It's a fucking liberty and you know it, this company makes the best part off £100m every single month. THEY ARE TAKING THE PISS
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugglebug View Post
    I don't agree with Kaeleena on the mount thing, but I do think this is the first premium feature that can/will have a negative effect on gameplay for those that don't have it. But time will tell, there's no way to be sure yet, either way.
    You may consider it a small effect, but it is still an effect none-the-less. Regardless of how large or how small.
  1. Ranor's Avatar
    Yeah I was going to bed, but I have this hardon for arguing so it makes it difficult to stop. :<


    It's a snowball effect that you're blindly happy to accept because it currently doesn't effect you.
    You don't know that. You just assume it.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    No, no...that's not gameplay, that's uh...uh...that's...game...no, no, can't be game anything, cause all there is in a game is play...that's... ENTITLEMENT!
    +1 lol factor
  1. Gambyt's Avatar
    The thing now we are waiting is Blizzard to come back and give an explanation on this before this gets out of control and people start losing it
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    You don't know that. You just assume it.
    It already is a snowball effect. No assumption. Read the writing on the wall.
  1. hogomojojo's Avatar
    In general, there is no point in arguing. Human beings are an ignorant and closed minded race. No matter how many points you lay out, even if you can prove your point, people will still always disagree. Because they don't see it your way. For example, I was indirectly called stupid by Huggle because I don't mind spending money on products and features I enjoy. There is nothing I can do to change anyone's opinion. So I guess let it be.
  1. Arganaut's Avatar
    More gimmicks.
    Following Cataclysm the game will forever been known as "World of Gimmick" Craft.
    Blizz should focus more on decent storylines, content rather than trash gimmicks and then having the cheek to charge for them.
  1. Psii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    You don't know that. You just assume it.
    How am I assuming it?
    You said "If this was something that effected me I would be up in arms" like 3-4 pages back.

Site Navigation