MMO-Champion - Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1789 Comments
  1. Robo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    HAHAHAAHA.... that's what you get for being a loyal customer. Lets get this straight now:

    - you've to pay a monthly fee
    - you've to buy new expansions
    - you've to purchase "premium-services" to get access to things which should be free, because:

    - Blizzard also makes money with their Store, with BlizzCon, other in-game services.


    This will so fall back on them if they wont re-think it... gl in the future Blizz.

    Its funny cos i thought blizzard was a company whos number one goal would be to make money not make a bunch of nerds happy 24/7.
  1. Yavvy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Its funny cos i thought blizzard was a company whos number one goal would be to make money not make a bunch of nerds happy 24/7.
    They're not gonna make money if they can't keep enough of their customers happy.
  1. Gandilf's Avatar
    WTF does this needs to be a premium thing ? - This should have been in the LFG from the beginning.

    They say the premium is only for people that want something extra to enjoy the game even more.

    But there is no enjoyment in you HAVE to roll an alt on a new server but only being able to transfer your current toons to the same server (BUT FOR FREE).

    I love that this feature will be a part of LFG some day but the need to pay extra for it ?.. no f way!
  1. Devlin-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    How is me saying they havent lost as many players as people claim (correctly OR incorrectly) defending them? I have clearly said I totally disagree with what they are doing, but just said that I do not believe it will backfire on them (I hope it does to a degree). I have not once said anyone thinks this is a great idea and are "rejoicing" as you put it, I have just said that people will pay it.
    Do try to understand: you claiming nonsense like China's lack of Cataclysm affecting subscriptions makes you look uninformed and a blatant Blizzard hog. You are/were trying to defend "WoW is declining" by telling... well, lies basically. How does that not make you look like you're defending Blizzard is beyond me.
  1. Marcis's Avatar
    If it is RealID based, those that means i can invite my friend even if he plays Horde?
    At least i assume that.
    That would be supercool
  1. Orckus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcis View Post
    If it is RealID based, those that means i can invite my friend even if he plays Horde?
    At least i assume that.
    That would be supercool
    Severly doubt that.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 06:04 AM ----------

    Having tons a friends that have etiher found on other servers or transfered for thier guilds... this could be an awesome new feature. Premium service??? BS!
  1. Marcis's Avatar
    Well RealID means one can communicate crossrealms.
    At least i can chat with my friend when hes on his PvP server (EU, Balnazzar) playing Horde so...
  1. Hugglebug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcis View Post
    If it is RealID based, those that means i can invite my friend even if he plays Horde?
    At least i assume that.
    That would be supercool
    Same faction only. For now. It's very complicated, time consuming and they don't have the resources just yet to let Horde and Alliance to play together, but for a fee, it can happen!
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin- View Post
    Do try to understand: you claiming nonsense like China's lack of Cataclysm affecting subscriptions makes you look uninformed and a blatant Blizzard hog. You are/were trying to defend "WoW is declining" by telling... well, lies basically. How does that not make you look like you're defending Blizzard is beyond me.
    The topic of this thread is the premium feature they are trying to sell - I have said many times I am against such a thing - how is that defending? Lying is saying something that you know to be untrue. I may have made a mistake, but thats not a lie.

    Yes, I may look misinformed, how is that a crime? Yes I made a mistake - I admit it. I look misinformed because I was. Claiming that Blizzard hasnt lost as many players as people say isnt anything to do with defending their choice to charge for a new service.
  1. Wizleaf's Avatar
    this service is bs sure i want to play with my rl friend cross realm but they are charging WTF might as well cancel this service not many will pay
  1. Cassidin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizleaf View Post
    this service is bs sure i want to play with my rl friend cross realm but they are charging WTF might as well cancel this service not many will pay
    Just like not many paid out real money for the "Sparkle Horse".... I think its a crap idea, but people will pay.
  1. Hugglebug's Avatar
    I'm not so sure this will be the great success Blizzard are hoping for. Certainly not comparable to the insane profits they made on the Spectral mount. Reaction has been way more negative in comparision, with only a handful of people actually defending the feature.
  1. sirnoobalots's Avatar
    I think to many people are getting caught up in the fact that this is something more they have to pay. but i was thinking about it and this is probably the precursor to something bigger because lets face it who is going to pay any amount of money a month when it will cost you a flat 25$ fee to transfer to that server and play with them full time, BUT if they add later on the ability to raid with people from other servers, do bgs with friends from other servers and do arenas with them then my guess would be a lot of people would jump on this. imagine basically joining a guild on another server without having to transfer over. it would be possible because all the raids and instances and bgs are on their own servers some of the time not even in the same time zone as the server that you call home. but that's just my late night brain thinking up crazy stuff
  1. theniffrig's Avatar
    Wait, so on the 1 hand they want you to be able to play with your friends, you know because it's an MMO and playing with others is the point, but now in addition to the subscription fee you pay already you will have to pay even more to play with your "real" friends if they happen to have moved server etc. Seems really contradictory to me.
  1. Nyxxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post
    Another reason not to come back to the game :/
    HOw much would you pay a year on top of three expansions and one game. WoW is far too expensive to play now.
    Probably a hell of a lot less than I would be spending if I didn't play wow

    But OT, I disagree with this 'premium service' mainly because of the fact that when you want to group with a friend not on your server, you don't want to have to be mucking about in the blizzard store you want to be in the instance...
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    If all those features were included in the price of the premium stuff, that would be even worse. Worth the money, yeah, but worse because it is just further enveloping anything 'new' from Blizzard in any given patch as something 'premium' just because it's 'optional'.
    I agree. It's a line I'm unwilling to cross.
  1. Lafleur's Avatar
    / sigh

    Next thing is cross faction lfd for just 20$ an hour
  1. Agamir's Avatar
    WTF is the Premium! We already pay alot of money to Blizzard for playin' goddamn World of Warcraft. Seems like its not enough for them. Crossrealm Dungeon (RAID?!?!) feature is a good sign for our happines but, premium duuude. No wai!
  1. Poysonivy's Avatar
    I like it. Play some dungeons with friends. Then later go out to have a drink. Just spend one less drink if you're short on cash since you spend it to play with your friends in the first time.

    I don't really see it a as big problem.

    And you don't have to do this in the first place. Just go out with your friends, have a drink and talk about WoW if you like.
  1. patcherke's Avatar
    *checks the date* no it’s not april 1st…


    What the community should do:
    1. let Blizzard implement this tool
    2. don’t use it

    It would be the biggest “F you back, *holes” we can imagine. And we do have the power to just do that.
    On the other hand, which is the sad part, we would probably still pay for it, because time spent on a feature that increases the *cough* popularity of LFD, is time not spent on something useful like, maybe, content??

    It’s like their SC2 quote: "you can butter my biscuit"… I feel ass-raped right now.

Site Navigation