MMO-Champion - Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1789 Comments
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    The idea of cell phone bills and cable bills as comparable to WoW subscription service is laughable because as everyone knows, people pay as little for these services as possible. If you cell phone bill is too expensive because the company is nickel and diming you to death, you choose a new provider, cable, you're kind of shit out of luck on because cable operators have a monopoly on cable service, but as you all know there's an entire internet of data out there and intercompany competition isn't the biggest competition to the cable company. The biggest competition to the cable company is piracy because people have no other options besides to go with what they're offered. If WoW isn't going to offer the same level of service they have in the past as part of the usual subscription fee, I'm sorry. I can't support that and it will lead to more stuff. So this goes live and I will never resub to this game. I'm out.

    I'll play on a private server or choose a different game.
  1. Shockzilla's Avatar
    Personally I like the Idea of being able to do randoms with people I have meet that are on different realms than I am, I think it’s a great idea. How much am I willing to pay a month to do that is the question I will be asking myself, 5 buck maybe 10 at the max?

    If you go to a pizza place and ask for a meat lovers do you kick your little feet and shout how unfair it is for them to charge you more for that pizza, I mean after all you actually graced the pizza place with your presence and they should just give it to you for the price everyone pays for a cheese topping only, right!
  1. hollycrapp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I'll bet they pay alot more attention to the survey you fill out when you cancel than they do to a bunch of kids screaming obscenities on MMO-Champ's forums.

    They've stated a hundred times that thought-out, dispassionate posts are the ones they pay attention to. Also, actions > words.
    Words is all we have when it comes down to actions from the player base. If you stay silent, it's a silent approval. All we can do is protest and if we are not heard, we leave, simple as that. Players have left WoW for far less important changes.
  1. bergmann620's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    And on a final note, all you people saying either pay the price or don't use the feature, what I'm going to do is take my subscription fee and go to another game service where I'm allowed to play the game on my terms without being nickeled and dimed to death on simple features that should be base part of gameplay. Afterall, it is an "mmo". If they're discouraging you from playing with your friends when you already provide them with a $15 subscription without you paying them an incentive to offer you additional features, you're better off finding a better game with community full of less douchebaggery.
    If you want to play a game on your terms, you'd better get to work designing one, just sayin'.
  1. hollycrapp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    Personally I like the Idea of being able to do randoms with people I have meet that are on different realms than I am, I think it’s a great idea. How much am I willing to pay a month to do that is the question I will be asking myself, 5 buck maybe 10 at the max?

    If you go to a pizza place and ask for a meat lovers do you kick your little feet and shout how unfair it is for them to charge you more for that pizza, I mean after all you actually graced the pizza place with your presence and they should just give it to you for the price everyone pays for a cheese topping only, right!
    WoW is not a pizza.
    Even if it was, you are asked if you want extras before you pay. In our case, they just shove it in your throat and expect payment. I really think they should've made a poll about this before considering it and "spending a lot of precious resources" in it.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hollycrapp View Post
    Words is all we have when it comes down to actions from the player base. If you stay silent, it's a silent approval. All we can do is protest and if we are not heard, we leave, simple as that. Players have left WoW for far less important changes.
    That's not all you have. You also have the option of unsubbing and playing on private servers or using a different game. Vote with your wallet. We're not sheeple. We don't have to put up with this stupidity from Blizzard or any other service provider. And the people saying QQ less because we're a vocal minority are retarded because Blizzard has gone from lockstep to changing stances many things in the past because of horrible community outcry and that's because they realize they'll lose a large chunk of profits when they go down inane roads like this, and people that tell you to shut up and just pay the fee are as stupid as and moronic as the people trying to implement it.
  1. 123asdf's Avatar
    I find this all amusing. I question how many people complaining are paying for game themselves. Many I suspect are siphoning off of husband/wife or dad/mom all the while proclaiming "I am not going to pay for this!".
    To the issue:
    The community only has itself to blame for this iteration of paid services. I work in management, and have for many years. When a company, such as Blizzard, reviews its revenue stream, all aspects are taken into account. You look to see what product/service is providing the most return of investment. Many people have pissed and moaned about how this affects gameplay, and that the paid race change, server transfer, remote auction house, remote guild chat, and/or vanity pet store do not. Blizzard, now owned by a multinational company, from a business perspective most likely could care less. The bottom line to EVERY product/service is profit. By utilizing the "paid" services you have, most likely unintensionally, indicated to Blizzard that you are willing to pay more towards this game than just your monthly fees. How do you make more profit? 1.) Increase your fees. 2.) Add features that people are willing to pay additionally for. The problem with 1 is that by doing so you affect everyone. This can cause serious backlash as Blizzards competitors fees would then be less expensive and thereby more attractive. The benefit of 2 is that is does not affect everyone in that it does not prevent the service from being used, it just begins to limit the competitive edge that players enjoy.
    I have played this game for 4+ years. I quit ~ 3 months ago. Why? Because I grew tired of the fees, the lack of orginality, the constant changes (buffs/nerfs), and most importantly the annoying lag/restarts. Did I go to the forums and piss and moan, then threaten to cancel my sub and leave for x or y game. No. Why? Because nothing you say will affect a companies decision. The only thing that will make a company rethink a decision is the loss of revenue. Please stop kidding yourselves thinking that your posts will make a difference. You want something changed then send an email directly to Blizzard stating that you are cancelling for x, y, and z reasons AND LEAVE THE GAME.
    Also, of this goes through as per the statement made by Blizzard, will only be the precursor for new paid services as many have said. All is will take is for a hundred thousand or so people to start paying for this service to affirm to Blizzard the viability of this type of paid service. Do I, or anyone on this forum, know what these paid services will be? Absolutely not, it is all speculation and conjecture.
    Stop your pissing and moaning, and move on. Either confirm your willingness to pay for addition products/services or not.
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    Personally I like the Idea of being able to do randoms with people I have meet that are on different realms than I am, I think it’s a great idea. How much am I willing to pay a month to do that is the question I will be asking myself, 5 buck maybe 10 at the max?

    If you go to a pizza place and ask for a meat lovers do you kick your little feet and shout how unfair it is for them to charge you more for that pizza, I mean after all you actually graced the pizza place with your presence and they should just give it to you for the price everyone pays for a cheese topping only, right!
    I never buy pizza's without free toppings and if I'm going to get a pizza with more than 2 toppings I'll go to the store and buy it and make it from scratch. There's no way I'm paying a $15 markup on $4 worth of food.
  1. bergmann620's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    They're going to start taking away features they developed in the background because paying for your box didn't cover it, paying for your monthly subscription fee didn't cover it, they want you to pay for the same damn thing you can get elswhere for free for a THIRD time. I'm sorry. I don't know about the rest of you but the government already hits me coming and going on taxes. I'm not about to let some ignorant WoW administrator on an ego trip do the same to me in a game I play in my spare time for enjoyment. Being treated as revenue generator rather than a customer is downright degrading.
    So that's a "No, I can't. I was being a drama queen."

    Got it.

    Did you hear they're going to start charging for air? Better go ahead an unsub now, imo
  1. Knirps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Sure, I'm all about having your voice heard - but it's a stupid voice to say this shouldn't be implemented because they might implement game-changing features down the road. Just because someone have a voice and an opinion doesn't make it sensical or valid.

    Also, let's not compare murder with a video game.
    Yeah, no murder comparisons, please.

    We're only allowed to use football, hotels, cable, starting java programmers, and uh...whatever else sounds like it makes this guy right.
  1. wvx's Avatar
    This is the first small step twards a new direction .
    As allways , greed is what the world revolves around . Money , more money , even more money Oo .
    Bah , disgusting . If this feature goes out I bet they will be loosing more money than they would be making .
  1. hollycrapp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    That's not all you have. You also have the option of unsubbing and playing on private servers or using a different game. Vote with your wallet. We're not sheeple. We don't have to put up with this stupidity from Blizzard or any other service provider. And the people saying QQ less because we're a vocal minority are retarded because Blizzard has gone from lockstep to changing stances many things in the past because of horrible community outcry and that's because they realize they'll lose a large chunk of profits when they go down inane roads like this, and people that tell you to shut up and just pay the fee are as stupid as and moronic as the people trying to implement it.
    True that, exactly what I intend to do, as well.
    I intend to first stand my ground and protest up until they indeed implement that. I won't silently leave without trying to defend the game I've played for so long, however. If they do, I choose plan B.
  1. Yavvy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I dare you to show what's been taken away. Especially something that has been delivered since day one.
    Frequently falling through the world, Lacerate (utterly gimp melee dot) as Survival Hunter 31pt talent, spirit on melee gear, agility & strength on caster gear, mana for Hunters, Soulshard items, Rogues brewing their own poisons, Warlocks one-shotting people due to negative resistances, Mage Armor having an ugly icon... need I go on?

    It's the promise of improvement, for only your subscription. It's something they've used to differentiate themselves from free2play games (see that quote that gets pasted around). Now they're going "improvement only if you pay EVEN MORE!", which sounds really bad for the game. Would WoW have gotten great if you had to pay not to fall through the world? Would WoW have gotten great if you had to pay to post on the Ironforge AH from Darnassus? Singular things might not matter, but the trend does.

    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I'll bet they pay alot more attention to the survey you fill out when you cancel than they do to a bunch of kids screaming obscenities on MMO-Champ's forums.

    They've stated a hundred times that thought-out, dispassionate posts are the ones they pay attention to. Also, actions > words.
    And again, those aren't exclusive
  1. Scratches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Again - freak out when it happens, not when it hasn't happened. There's a guy in NYC saying the world will end Saturday. No one is spending all their money before Saturday because of him.
    For citing such a recent story, you sure don't pay attention to the news. Here, educate yourself...
    "World Will End on May 21st," Says Ex-MTA Worker - NY Daily News
    Is The End Nigh? - NPR

    "Out of sight, out of mind," is not a sturdy podium to preach from...
  1. Kaeleena's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    So that's a "No, I can't. I was being a drama queen."

    Got it.

    Did you hear they're going to start charging for air? Better go ahead an unsub now, imo
    No I can't what? I'm entirely capable of paying 3 or 5 or even 10 more dollars more a month for this game. Does that mean I'm going to? Fuck no. Limited resources to go to a limited number of priorities. WoW isn't even really worth the $15 a month that players pay for it. The $15 was an arbitrary number made up by industry analysts doing studies where they concluded that $15 was breaking point from percieved value versus value added. And if you've been around for longer the Wrath of Lich King you'd realize that the "value added" part of this game has been falling in value since 2008.

    Let's put it this way. Having played WoW since Vanilla, playing WoW now is like ordering the filet mignon and getting a salisbury steak and frankly, we're all getting sick of the dry, bland tastelessness.

    If they were smart, now they haven't been that smart in a very long time mind you, but if they were really smart, they would scrap the entire team that's trying to extricate more money from their player base that they're already aren't getting the the plethora of overprices services they offer, and put all the development time and energy to finishing 4.3 and concentrate on making the next expansion as good as the original game. You wanna see subscribers flock back to the game, that's how you do it, and not with a fake "half-expansion" expansion like Cataclysm.
  1. hollycrapp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 123asdf View Post
    Because nothing you say will affect a companies decision. The only thing that will make a company rethink a decision is the loss of revenue. Please stop kidding yourselves thinking that your posts will make a difference. You want something changed then send an email directly to Blizzard stating that you are cancelling for x, y, and z reasons AND LEAVE THE GAME.
    Stop your pissing and moaning, and move on. Either confirm your willingness to pay for addition products/services or not.
    We live in an electronic era, brother. Forums are the new mails. Sending mail to Blizzard will only get you a template e-mail in return.
    Seems to me you actually like the idea of having pre-defined advantage over other fellows.
  1. Kragragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    For citing such a recent story, you sure don't pay attention to the news. Here, educate yourself...
    "World Will End on May 21st," Says Ex-MTA Worker - NY Daily News
    Is The End Nigh? - NPR

    "Out of sight, out of mind," is not a sturdy podium to preach from...
    Sooooo....what's your point? My point was that it's dumb to worry about what MAY come when it hasn't happened yet.
  1. bloodwine77's Avatar
    Even more, "all these whiners live in their mommy's basement and uses daddy's credit cards. get a job so you can afford extras!", comments. First, namecalling and belittling is not constructive. Second, sound financial decisions makes one seem like they live on mommy and daddy's dime? WoW itself is cheap entertainment, but paying for extras makes little sense if you are prioritizing against other bills. I am not saying people who buy extras are idiots, just saying that people who don't want premium creep (fees for features) aren't necessarily living at home or are broke.
  1. Yavvy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Sooooo....what's your point? My point was that it's dumb to worry about what MAY come when it hasn't happened yet.
    Okay, I've seen a lot of funny jokes today, but... this takes the cake
  1. Kragragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    No I can't what? I'm entirely capable of paying 3 or 5 or even 10 more dollars more a month for this game. Does that mean I'm going to? Fuck no. Limited resources to go to a limited number of priorities. WoW isn't even really worth the $15 a month that players pay for it. The $15 was an arbitrary number made up by industry analysts doing studies where they concluded that $15 was breaking point from percieved value versus value added. And if you've been around for longer the Wrath of Lich King you'd realize that the "value added" part of this game has been falling in value since 2008.

    Let's put it this way. Having played WoW since Vanilla, playing WoW now is like ordering the filet mignon and getting a salisbury steak and frankly, we're all getting sick of the dry, bland tastelessness.

    If they were smart, now they haven't been that smart in a very long time mind you, but if they were really smart, they would scrap the entire team that's trying to extricate more money from their player base that they're already aren't getting the the plethora of overprices services they offer, and put all the development time and energy to finishing 4.3 and concentrate on making the next expansion as good as the original game. You wanna see subscribers flock back to the game, that's how you do it, and not with a fake "half-expansion" expansion like Cataclysm.
    Wow, I never understand the concept of paying $15 a month for something you hate when you have zero reason to do so. "I hate this game! Here's my $15."

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 02:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yavvy View Post
    Okay, I've seen a lot of funny jokes today, but... this takes the cake
    That's cool, enjoy your freakout, and I'll enjoy my schadenfreude.

Site Navigation