MMO-Champion - Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon
Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1789 Comments
  1. TaurenNinja's Avatar
    They shouldn't monetize any "social" features in the game. This is really bad, and I'm really surprised in a negative way that Blizzard is doing something like that. If they keep doing that, they'll make more players quit.

    OK to charge money for:
    - remote auction house
    - style items which don't increase character power (mounts, pets, ...)
    - mobile armory (I know it's free, but they should rather make the chat stuff free than things like this)
    - the game itself (monthly fee), helps ensure quality of servers and content updates

    NOT OK to charge money for:
    - remote guild/friends chat
    - dungeon finder with friends

    This should be common sense in a MMORPG.

    I love WoW and Blizzard quality gameplay, but things like that really make me take a closer look at some upcoming alternatives like GW2.
  1. rogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    That would be a logical argument if you could trade gold in the RDF \ crossrealm dungeons\BG's.

    But you can't. Next.
    $3.99 per trade. Coming soon. You know it's true.

    Apologize to hollycrapp.
  1. Nyoa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    That's the thing. I'm not going to be paying extra for something that I'm already paying for.

    My $15 a month allows me access to the Warcraft servers and allows me to play the game that was created. That's what your $15 a month allows you too. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't know where this notion that your $15 allows you to gain access to everything Blizzard ever does came from, but it's definitely a misconception.

    It's been used before, but it's like paying money to get into an amusement park and then expecting all of the concessions to come free. It just doesn't work that way.

    Most of the arguments here are flawed and presented in a way the only someone who is flustered about not getting their way would do. It's sad, but true.
    you pay that 15/m or 13/m for playing this game. Playing in cross realms with friends is included in said game so i fail to see how they should make us pay extra for it. If you wanted to play SC2 and not pay for it because you already pay for wow THEN you should pay extra, like you do anyways
  1. hollycrapp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post

    So. You're saying the person on your realm would get all of the gold and the other people won't get any of the gold. I mean, as it stands, if I wanted I could grab four guildies and grab a random fifth and charge them for a bear \ full gear from ZA \ ZG and make mad bank. I'm not really seeing your point because I'm beginning to think you don't have one.
    Use your brain a little. 4 men, 4 realms covered. If they can boost 4 ppl today (1 from each realm) that is a chunk for each of them. Premium users can do that, if I don't pay, I wouldn't. If it was free, however, everyone could do it if they wanted to, so it's fair. Paying money IRL for edge ingame is not fair. A whole new topic is the fact Blizz should not be charging for game functionality, piece by piece. You buy Classis+BC+WotLK+Cata, pay your sub and you still cannot do everything the game offers. Nice.
  1. rogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hollycrapp View Post
    4 man needed, at least 1 with premium. 1 of those chars is on your server, he gets all the gold. Wisping someone, he puts up a 4man group, 1 of them from your realm. Could possibly cover all realms with enough coordination.
    Actually, that's really clever. If I remember right, that's how the first Venetian banks worked, centuries ago.
  1. Prem's Avatar
    $3.99 per trade. Coming soon. You know it's true.

    Apologize to hollycrapp.
    Oh noes! Tin foil hat!
  1. Wheeler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    when you got to buy a car they offer you the crappy "stock" version with cloth seats, garbage sound system and 15 inch rims, no A/C for 20k.... if you want the nice chrome 19's, phat Bose sound system, nice wood panel trimming, heated leather seats etc you need to pay EXTRA!!! omg Shocker! the "basic" purchase didint come with all these nice (but NOT crucial) extra features...

    ffs even McDonalds charges you 25 cents to put a piece of cheese on your damn burger. i dont get why this is so hard for everyone to grasp!
    The analogy you're looking for is selling you a car for 20k without a shift knob, and 22k with a shift knob. I mean, you don't NEED the shift knob, you can shift just fine using the shifter handle, but it should have been included with the price of the car.
  1. Nyoa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    Nope, I understand all of that. I read the thread.

    And my point still stands proudly, completely unblemished by the whining complaints presented by you and others in this thread.

    If you don't like the feature, don't pay for it. Period. Your game play experience will not have changed in the slightest from what it is now, and neither will the amount of money you are giving to Blizzard. You will not be at a disadvantage in any way.

    Just don't give them extra money. I've been following that philosophy since the very first premium services were added. It's not hard at all.

    You are literally complaining about something that doesn't effect you.
    Bolded the flaw in your argument. Newsflash! playing with your friends actually DOES change your game experience
  1. Prem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hollycrapp View Post
    Use your brain a little. 4 men, 4 realms covered. If they can boost 4 ppl today (1 from each realm) that is a chunk for each of them. Premium users can do that, if I don't pay, I wouldn't. If it was free, however, everyone could do it if they wanted to, so it's fair. Paying money IRL for edge ingame is not fair. A whole new topic is the fact Blizz should not be charging for game functionality, piece by piece. You buy Classis+BC+WotLK+Cata, pay your sub and you still cannot do everything the game offers. Nice.
    Wow, wouldn't it be easier to just get four people on your server? I mean, really, really, really easier?
  1. rogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    People here are just hunting for things to make conspiracy theories or cry about in general.
    This use of the term "conspiracy theory" is really getting on my nerves. It's a loaded, prejudicial phrase. And worse, it's not true. How is a well-known, tried-and-true business model a "conspiracy"?
  1. hollycrapp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    Wow, wouldn't it be easier to just get four people on your server? I mean, really, really, really easier?
    It would, except for the fact you can cover all possible realms that way. Larger market = more customers.
  1. Nyoa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    So you are the authority of what is "supposed" to be in the game now? Yes, Blizzard loses, development costs money. I'd rather they make the small amount of people who wanted this functionality pay for the development, rather than all of those who didn't really care. People here are just hunting for things to make conspiracy theories or cry about in general.
    Anything wow (game) related should be included in our monthly fees, thats what we pay for. They make us pay for features that actually harm the game /aka xfer, and they don't want us to use said features all the time
  1. Ranor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hollycrapp View Post
    Use your brain a little. 4 men, 4 realms covered. If they can boost 4 ppl today (1 from each realm) that is a chunk for each of them. Premium users can do that, if I don't pay, I wouldn't. If it was free, however, everyone could do it if they wanted to, so it's fair. Paying money IRL for edge ingame is not fair. A whole new topic is the fact Blizz should not be charging for game functionality, piece by piece. You buy Classis+BC+WotLK+Cata, pay your sub and you still cannot do everything the game offers. Nice.
    That's still no different than me going in with my guild and charging people for runs. I can do that now and boost other players and get money for it. I could set up a forum and invite people from all over and get them in on my scheme to make money and it would cover all servers and this would happen everywhere, even without the feature.

    you pay that 15/m or 13/m for playing this game. Playing in cross realms with friends is included in said game so i fail to see how they should make us pay extra for it. If you wanted to play SC2 and not pay for it because you already pay for wow THEN you should pay extra, like you do anyways
    But I -don't- PAY to play with my RealID friends. I pay to access the servers. So do you. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
  1. Prem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoa View Post
    Bolded the flaw in your argument. Newsflash! playing with your friends actually DOES change your game experience
    Today, you can't chose to specifically play with your cross-realm friends, after this comes in, you pay $0 extra to be in the exact same situation! Your gameplay doesn't change in the slightest. You just have an option, if it suits you, to change it. You've gained, if anything.
  1. Vayshan's Avatar
    Ppl who say they are ok with this being a paid service should first think logicly about why the other "services" are paid. Then come back here and comtenplate on the reason this feature, whish is alrdy present, should cost money to ppl who alrdy pay money just for these ingame enhancements.
  1. Prem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    This use of the term "conspiracy theory" is really getting on my nerves. It's a loaded, prejudicial phrase. And worse, it's not true. How is a well-known, tried-and-true business model a "conspiracy"?
    You're implying theres a conspiracy to make almost everything into a premium service, with no factual evidence. Hence, conspiracy theory. *X-Files music plays*

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 06:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hollycrapp View Post
    It would, except for the fact you can cover all possible realms that way. Larger market = more customers.
    Except, your market is the same. Exactly the same. Each person in said syndicate could only profit from their server - each person's market is still the same. Also, the people who'd be able to do this in a co-ordinated fashion would most likely be in high end guilds, with other people who could also do it (not to mention the gear level).

    Your method seems overly complicated for absolutely no benefit.
  1. bergmann620's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoa View Post
    you pay that 15/m or 13/m for playing this game. Playing in cross realms with friends is included in said game so i fail to see how they should make us pay extra for it. If you wanted to play SC2 and not pay for it because you already pay for wow THEN you should pay extra, like you do anyways
    It is? How do you do it?
  1. Prem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoa View Post
    Anything wow (game) related should be included in our monthly fees, thats what we pay for. They make us pay for features that actually harm the game /aka xfer, and they don't want us to use said features all the time
    Not what your subscription agreement says but okay.
  1. Spike`'s Avatar
    and the forums will explode if blizzard announces the new visual tab being premium service

    i will not be impressed if they do that, its almost certain they will do (if they develop it lol)
  1. bergmann620's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    The analogy you're looking for is selling you a car for 20k without a shift knob, and 22k with a shift knob. I mean, you don't NEED the shift knob, you can shift just fine using the shifter handle, but it should have been included with the price of the car.
    It's crazy how far we've gotten without a shift knob.

    Or maybe that's just a terrible comparison.

Site Navigation