MMO-Champion - Patch 4.2 PTR Notes Update - May 24th
Patch 4.2 PTR Notes Update - May 24th
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Dungeons & Raids
Bastion of Twilight
  • The damage modifier on Normal has been reduced for Arion, Elementium Monstrosity, Feludius, Ignacius, and Terrastra.
  • Removed one of each type of Bound elemental from the Ascendant Council chamber.
  • Arion
    • Chain Lightning damage has been reduced.
  • Cho’gall
    • Health, melee damage, Health of Corrupting Adherent, Depravity damage, Corrupting Crash damage, Flaming Destruction damage, and Unleashed Shadows damage has all been reduced by 20%.
    • Corrupting Crash and Depravity
    • Halved the amount of Corruption they give to 5 from 10.
    • Corrupted Bite effect caused by Blood of the Old God reduced.
    • Damage Taken from Corruption of the Old God per Corrupted Blood has been reduced from 3% per stack to 2% per stack.
    • Debilitating Beam damage has been reduced by 20% to 6,400.
    • The duration of Twisted Devotion has been reduced by 25%.
  • Dragon Siblings
    • Health, melee damage, Twilight Meteorite damage, Devouring Flames, Blackout damage, Unstable Twilight damage, Twilight Zone damage, Twilight Blast damage, Fabulous Flames damage, has all been reduced by 20%.
  • Elementium Monstrosity
    • Electrical Instability damage has been reduced.
  • Feludius
    • Damage due to being Frozen while Waterlogged has been reduced.
  • Halfus
    • Health, melee damage, Fireball/Fireball Barrage damage, Furious Roar damage, Scorching Breath damage, Shadow Nova damage, has all been reduced by 20%.
    • Nether Scion, Slate Dragon, Storm Rider, Time Warden, and Orphaned Emerald Whelp health has been reduced by 20%.
    • Shadow Nova base cast time has been increased.
  • Ignacious
    • Rising Flames now increases damage by 3% per stack, down from 5%.
  • Terrastra
    • Harden Skin now increases Physical damage dealt by 20% (down from 100%.)

Blackwing Descent
  • Atramedes
    • Health, melee damage, modulation damage, Roaring Flame Breath damage, and Searing Flame damage has all been reduced by 20%.
    • Modulation no longer causes Sound in normal difficulty.
    • Sound given by Sonar Pulse has been reduced to 3 (from 5.)
  • Chimaeron
    • Health reduced by 20% and melee damage reduced by 10%.
    • Chimaeron will now only cast two caustic slimes per 30 second cycle, at second 17 and second 23.
  • Drakeadon Mongrel
    • Time Lapse no longer stuns.
    • Frost Burn silence is now 3 seconds
  • Dwarven Kings
    • Whirlwind no longer drops threat.
    • Execution sentence now deals damage only.
    • Shield of Light absorption now reduced.
  • Magmaw
    • Damage and hit points reduced by 20%.
    • Lava Parasites have been diminished
    • Lava Spew damage, Magma Spit damage, Massive Crash damage, and Infectious Vomit damage have all been been reduced.
    • Mangled Lifeless no longer instantly kills, and damage has been reduced.
    • Parasitic Infection has been decreased.
  • Maloriak
    • Health, damage, Aberation health/damage, Arcane Storm damage, Prime Subject damage, Flash Freeze/Shatter damage, and Scorching Blast damage has all been decreased by 20%.
    • Aberration stacking damage buff decreased.
    • Prime Subjects no longer fixate, and are no longer immune to taunt.
  • Nefarian
    • Animated Bone Warriors take 33 seconds to fall over, (down from 50.)
    • Blast Nova cast time increased.
    • Chromatic Prototype Health reduced 20%.
    • Electrocute damage reduced 30%.
    • Fewer Animated Bone warriors spawn.
    • Magma Stacking debuff effect reduced 75%.
    • Nefarian health and melee damage reduced by 20%.
    • Nefarian's Shadowblaze cast frequency cannot increase beyond 1 per 15 sec.
    • Onyxia health and melee damage reduced by 20%.
    • Shadowflame Barrage damage reduced 20%.
    • Tail Lash damage reduced 50%.
  • Omnotron Council
    • Barrier absorb amount increased by 100%.
    • Increased the cooldown on Power Conversion (Converted Power chance).
    • Health, Melee damage, Electrical Discharge damage, Lightning Conductor damage, Health of Poison Bomb, Incineration Security Measure damage, Arcane Annihilator damage, has all been reduced by 20%.
    • Flamethrower damage has been reduced by 40%.
    • Static Shock caused by Unstable Shield damage and Poison Bomb damage has been decreased by 50%.

Throne of the Four Winds
  • Al’Akir
    • Acid Rain now stacks every 20s (up from 15s.)
    • Electrocute now pulses every 1s (up from 0.5s.)
    • Feedback duration increased to 30s (from 20s.)
    • Health, damage, and Wind Burst damage have all been reduced 20%.
    • Lightning and Lightning Rod recast time has been increased.
    • Lightning Strike friendly chain damage has been halved.
    • Will no longer use Static Shock on normal difficulty in phase 1 or phase 2.
  • Conclave of the Four Winds
    • Gathering Strength cast time has been increased
    • Ice Patch slow is now 5% per stack, up to 10 stacks (down from 10% per stack, up to 30 stacks), damage reduced by 20%.
    • Rohash, Anshal, Nezir melee, Ravenous Creeper health/damage, Ravenous Creeper toxic spores damage, Hurricane damage, Sleet Storm damage , Permafrost damage , Slicing Gale, and Wind Blast damage have all been reduced by 20%.
    • Wind Chill damage decreased by 20%and now increases damage taken by 5% per stack.

Classes: General
  • Dodge: Death Knights, paladins, and warriors no longer receive any bonus to their chance to dodge from Agility. Their base chance to dodge is now a fixed 5%.
  • Parry: Death Knights, paladins, and warriors now receive 27% of their Strength bonuses as parry rating, up from 25%. This conversion still only applies to Strength above and beyond their base Strength.

Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
  • Pyroblast: The version of this spell cast when Hot Streak is not active did slightly less damage than the Hot Streak version. Its damage has been increased so that both versions of Pyroblast now do the same amount of damage.
  • Spellsteal mana cost has been increased 100%.

Fire
  • Impact: When Living Bomb is spread via this talent, it will only be spread to two additional targets. The net effect is that if the Mage’s most recent Living Bomb target is the same as their Impact target, that target will no longer lose the Living Bomb effect. If Living Bomb is active on multiple targets when the Impact effect is cast, Living Bomb will remain active on the most recent Living Bomb target, and will be added to two other nearby targets.

Frost
  • Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will now cause diminishing returns for each other.
  • Ring of Frost now has a 1.5-second cast time.
  • Spellsteal now has a 6-second cooldown.

Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
  • Seal of Righteousness – now can be proc’d by any melee ability, not just single target melee abilities. This adds Hammer of the Righteous (the physical component) and Divine Storm to the list of abilities that can proc it. In addition, Seal of Righteousness procs can now crit.

Holy
  • Walk in the Light now improves Word of Glory healing by 30% in addition to its current effects.

Protection
  • Guardian of Ancient Kings now uses the ‘Assist’ pet stance functionality.

Retribution
  • Seals of Command: This talent now makes Seal of Righteousness hit an unlimited number of melee targets, instead of only 2 additional targets.

Glyphs
  • Glyph of Seal of Truth: The expertise bonus granted by this glyph now also works when Seal of Righteousness is active.

Priest (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
  • Shadowfiend now uses the ‘Assist’ pet stance functionality.

Shadow
  • Sin and Punishment’s Vampiric Touch backlash Fear effect no longer has diminishing returns.

Items
Tier 11 Set Bonuses
  • Restoration druid Tier 11 2-Piece: This set bonus has been redesigned to work with the new Restoration druid mastery. Druids with this bonus now receive the bonus to Spirit while the Harmony mastery bonus to periodic healing is active.

Tier 12 Set Bonuses
  • Hunter 4P: The effect which makes Shots cost no focus now also makes Kill Command cost no focus.
  • Mage 2P: This set bonus can now also be triggered by Frostfire Bolt.
  • Mage 4P: The portion of this bonus referring to Arcane Missiles have been removed. Instead, the set bonus now makes Arcane Power reduce the cost of Mage spells by 10% instead of increasing their cost.

PvP
Arenas
  • The Ring of Valor has been added to the Arena rotation once again.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 4.2 PTR Notes Update - May 24th started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 678 Comments
  1. Fraza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Yea, too bad that T12 content probably will be easier than T11. The only good thing I thought about cataclysm was the raiding difficulty and how it came back to being somewhat hard again. But everything else in Cataclysm failed though so I quit. Hopefully Firelands won't be that easy, otherwise it's fail.
    My guess is that Firelands will be around the same absolute difficulty as T11 but offering better rewards (like ToC was to Ulduar). To hide this fact they nerf the current content to the ground and since there is the initial learning process it doesn't seem as easy as T11 is in the current gear.

    /tinfoilhat
  1. Andaja's Avatar
    I imagine this is to help new players to gear up faster to be ready for firelands.
    Sure well be able to buy current valor gear with justice points, but there are still few slots that aren't covered and also, not all of those are ideal too.
    If they dont implemend new gear vendor (apart from what seemed like hyjal rep ones, and even those im not sure where does the rep comes from, i do hope its raid) then everything will be in place imho.
    Overall im glad they nerfing those, but i also think they everdid it too abit. Just few ability damage reduction would be enough, not nerf to everything and everything.
    Guess itll be like before 3.0 nerf came out aka in guild aplication ill only will be writing what was done before 4.2 :/
  1. Captain Awesome's Avatar
    I don't know why I play this game any more.
  1. Vardjavi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    That's a pretty comprehensive list of nerfs... (...) anyone who's stuck on nef, he is now half asleep and the room is covered in foam padding'

    (...)

    What I don't get is "Agility no longer gives a bonus to dodge for plate classes". How does that make any sense; being more agile makes you dodge. (...)
    ^This; you are agile, but that won't help you dodge because ... because... eh... what logic are you applying here Blizzard?

    .. and haha @ foam padding
  1. nightmaric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I don't know why I play this game any more.
    I'm sure it's for the same reason most people who ask that same question;

    to complain.
  1. Mnevis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vardjavi View Post
    .. and haha @ foam padding
    In phase 2, instead of magma, Nefarian will now fill the room with McDonald's Playland balls...
    =D
  1. Culexus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I don't know why I play this game any more.
    Time to quit.
  1. Shakadam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyun View Post
    On my realm we´re already pugging 5 to 6 bosses on heroic mode. Normal mode is already easy with these nerfs we´ll loose the fun and bad players will still fail at boss mechanics that need a half brain. Even now when i do icc on my alts i see ppl failing at LK normal mode .
    I call bullshit.

    Bringing players from the top~5 guilds on the server then yes perhaps if you're on a good server, but it doesn't qualify as pugging. If you claim that you can get a random trade chat pug to down 5 to 6 bosses on heroic then you're either god or lying.

    On my server, trade chat pugs cannot even kill 1 boss on normal mode, all they do is farm trash. We have a grand total of 5 guilds on the server who have done any other heroic modes than halfus, only 2 of those have cleared all heroic modes.
  1. bregtann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perished View Post
    Blizzard is trying to avoid what they did in BC, which I somewhat liked. Remember? You couldnt do BT in Tier 4 lol. Guilds had to work their way up to the current content. What blizzard is doing here is they are just making that process easier for guilds that start after Firelands is released so they dont spend the next 5 months to get into Firelands, which [bold]by that time Firelands would be outdated[/bold].
    Outdated, only because Blizzard choose to define it so, by throwing easy epics at everyone through the VP/JP devaluation.

    I don't mind them nerfing T11 instances, but I do mind making them redundant by throwing easy 359 or even higher ilvl epics to everyone. They should go back to the TBC model where you actually needed at least some of the gear from previous tiers before progressing to the next tier. I know they've been doing this since T7, but it is still a bad idea to say "It doesn't matter if you actually play the game or take a 12 months break, in either case you will still have the same gear 13 months from now.".

    When they abandoned the progress principle, they also killed much of the in-game incentives for actually playing the game. And they are losing their subscribers through that.
  1. Shakadam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Outdated, only because Blizzard choose to define it so, by throwing easy epics at everyone through the VP/JP devaluation.

    I don't mind them nerfing T11 instances, but I do mind making them redundant by throwing easy 359 or even higher ilvl epics to everyone. They should go back to the TBC model where you actually needed at least some of the gear from previous tiers before progressing to the next tier. I know they've been doing this since T7, but it is still a bad idea to say "It doesn't matter if you actually play the game or take a 12 months break, in either case you will still have the same gear 13 months from now.".

    When they abandoned the progress principle, they also killed much of the in-game incentives for actually playing the game. And they are losing their subscribers through that.
    This I agree on, everyone should still have to go through the correct progression path with normal 5mans -> heroic 5mans -> T11 raids -> T12 raids -> (future) T13 raids etc etc. not just jump straight from heroic 5mans to current raiding tier because the 5mans give just as good gear as the previous tier.
    That's wrong in my opinion and it removes all incentive to ever go back to the previus raids to get gear. In WotLK, when totc came out, it completely killed ulduar since you got better gear just by doing 5mans than doing ulduar.

    I'd much much much rather do old (nerfed) raiding content on my alts and even main instead of having to do these fucking 5mans every time a new raiding tier comes out.
  1. inyu's Avatar
    Many 'pets' using the 'assist' ability... why not add mage clons to that list ?? They are so annoying (to control) if you aren't frost.
  1. Glomp's Avatar
    Not sure why everyone is complaining, it'll be old content when it gets nerfed in 4.2. I have a 85 hunter alt that I'm enjoying, I don't really want to grind through old content before I can try the new content.. A lot of people assume this is for the "crybabies" (the only people I see crying are people who have supposedly cleared the content already) but never stop to think that this is beneficial to alts too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    This I agree on, everyone should still have to go through the correct progression path with normal 5mans -> heroic 5mans -> T11 raids -> T12 raids -> (future) T13 raids etc etc. not just jump straight from heroic 5mans to current raiding tier because the 5mans give just as good gear as the previous tier.
    That's wrong in my opinion and it removes all incentive to ever go back to the previus raids to get gear. In WotLK, when totc came out, it completely killed ulduar since you got better gear just by doing 5mans than doing ulduar.

    I'd much much much rather do old (nerfed) raiding content on my alts and even main instead of having to do these fucking 5mans every time a new raiding tier comes out.
    Maybe for newer players, but that sort of progression kills the motivation to level an alt. When you hit 85 on an alt, do you really wanna re-do all that old content? No.
  1. Obsiddias's Avatar
    Nice to see Mages nerfs being scrapped... again. Well at least Spellsteal mana cost has been doubled. If THAT gets scrapped - well... I know I won't be best pleased... I don't see any other classe's nerfs getting scrapped because people don't like them. =(
  1. Puntar's Avatar
    Yey, when I will finally get my 1st toon to lvl. 85 there will be only AoE bliztruns through 5m and hc like in LK after 3.3.

    I dumped my long ally druid main - 82, shaman -83 and DK -80 and roll a horde (paladin -79, mage -59 , priest -27) on different server. This druid will be probably the last char to reach lvl. 85 ... or maybe not. Due to Blizz politic about class balance, PR talk about it and to a direct lie to druid community that they will not change the gameplay of any class of any spec in a class balancing patch just after expansion!

    I can only hope, ther won't be some horror hc like HoR, where AoE bliztrun can still be interruped in a wipe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    This I agree on, everyone should still have to go through the correct progression path with normal 5mans -> heroic 5mans -> T11 raids -> T12 raids -> (future) T13 raids etc etc. not just jump straight from heroic 5mans to current raiding tier because the 5mans give just as good gear as the previous tier.
    That's wrong in my opinion and it removes all incentive to ever go back to the previus raids to get gear. In WotLK, when totc came out, it completely killed ulduar since you got better gear just by doing 5mans than doing ulduar.

    I'd much much much rather do old (nerfed) raiding content on my alts and even main instead of having to do these fucking 5mans every time a new raiding tier comes out.
    O'rly?

    And then even with "super easy raid dificulty" raid leaders in /2 will want "have achi and GS/PS of 12000+ OR NO INV!"
  1. ka52a's Avatar
    I am in favour for nerfing the raids. For more casual players it will be still a bit of a challange but they will be able to see raiding and will be able to enjoy the game in bigger spectrum. I hope I will finish T11 Raids before 4.2. Will they nerf HC content too or is it only on normal?
  1. lb's Avatar
    It is all about elitism and to feel elite for a glimpse.

    If "lesser skilled" players can achieve the same i did (because things got easy mode meanwhile) - does this nullifies my efforts?
    Because of my "elite" skills i got gear so everyone else who wants the same gear must have equal or better skills?

    You can feel elite again - trust me - you'll clear tier 12 content in a breeze (if your skills are half that good as your lack in self confidence).
    Not only Mr. T - i also pity you guys - who think achieving goals in a virtual world makes you "elite" or "a person of outstanding abilities".
    You had your fun with tier 11 - now let other have also fun and go for tier 12.
  1. Burysdead's Avatar
    Shouldnt you have to somewhat earn getting to the next tier of progression? I understand why they do this, but to this extreme?

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-25 at 11:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    It is all about elitism and to feel elite for a glimpse.

    If "lesser skilled" players can achieve the same i did (because things got easy mode meanwhile) - does this nullifies my efforts?
    Because of my "elite" skills i got gear so everyone else who wants the same gear must have equal or better skills?

    You can feel elite again - trust me - you'll clear tier 12 content in a breeze (if your skills are half that good as your lack in self confidence).
    Not only Mr. T - i also pity you guys - who think achieving goals in a virtual world makes you "elite" or "a person of outstanding abilities".
    You had your fun with tier 11 - now let other have also fun and go for tier 12.
    unfortunately your the kinda players Blizzard caters to now. cool life card
  1. LordKain's Avatar
    *Wall of tears fills your cup with 1,000,000 tears!*

    Congratulations, your QQ cup is full!

    Why am I not surprised that the same.....old.....whining still goes on whenever old content gets toned down.

    For those getting all herpa derpa QQ, turn off your computer, peel yourself off the couch, try to squeeze through the front door and enjoy the fresh air.
  1. kmzatan's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else complaining about the nerfs so I won't speak for everyone, but here's why I don't like the nerfs.

    They trivialize content I'm still progressing on. That's right, I still haven't cleared it. I wouldn't say it's because I'm worse than the average wow player though. It's rather a matter of time. About two months ago I and a some irl friends got back into wow and started a raid group together, playing almost exclusively with people we know irl, and we have a ball time while raiding. The problem however is that we can't play more than two nights a week together for about two hours each time, some weeks not even that. We just managed to get nefarian down and are now going to work on Al'Akir. We have so far enjoyed the harder encounters ALOT more than the ones we just steamrolled over.

    Yes, we probably will be finished with the tier once 4.2 hits the server, but what about the guilds who started out even later than us? Just because you don't have all the time in the world together with your guild to spend on the game doesn't mean you don't want a challenge. Being a casual player isn't about being a retarded loser with an iq below 70, it's about not being able to prioritize raids over other things in your life. When I play, I want to challenge myself, I don't want smash my head against my keyboard and recieve free epics on a silver plate.
  1. thenuts's Avatar
    All this crying about Blizz is making it easier for casual or less skilled players get OLD content gear... LOL... if tier 12 comes out and you're worried about people getting old tier 11, you have some serious insecurity issues. did you not get enough hugs from mommy and daddy? or hell, maybe tooo many, if you know what i mean... LOL you are great, you are epic, you are the server elite, blah, blah, blah, etc... now that you got tier 11 before anyone else, try getting laid (hint: log off and take a bath first)

Site Navigation