MMO-Champion - Stars Heroic Shannox World First Kill, Blue Posts
Stars (TW - Crystalpine Stinger) already working on Firelands Heroic - Shannox World First Kill
A lot of guilds killed all the bosses of the Firelands raid in normal mode already but it seems that Stars (TW - Crystalpine Stinger) decided to take it one step further.

After clearing the encounters in normal mode, the entire raid changed faction to reset their raid ID and started working on heroic encounters shortly after, that kind of thing happened in the past and it's not really surprising to see it used again to grab first kills.

As I write these lines, Stars killed Shannox in Heroic Mode. It's not really my place to judge if something is against the rules or not and I will just keep tracking heroic first kills as they happen.



Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Eternal Embers and Seething Cinders Droprates
You’re assuming the drop chances for embers averages out to .5 per boss in 10’s and 2 per boss in 25’s, which it doesn’t. Whether you’re in 10’s or 25’s you’re going to see an equal drop average for Eternal Embers per player, and the same can be said for Seething Cinders. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

New Content - Differences between PvE and PvP Players
The answer to your question revolves around a common difference in how PvE players and PvP players approach the game. Generally speaking, PvE players want more quests, more dungeons and more raids to experience -- more and new content is king. On the other hand, while some PvP players do want new maps, many others would be happier if we perfected the Arena or BG maps that already exist - or even if we cut existing maps. After all, PvP players don’t graduate out of Arathi Basin or Dalaran sewers the same way PvE players graduate from dungeon to heroic, or raid tier to raid tier. We did make some improvements to the existing PvP maps, such as trying to return Ring of Valor to circulation and changing the way flags work in Eye of the Storm (for rated play).

We’d love to add a lot more maps than we currently do, but we need to do it in such a way that doesn’t make the PvP experience worse for players who are more interested in refining their PvP experience than in seeing new maps. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 4.2 Hairstyles
We had a bunch of hairstyles we threw in for testing on the PTR and the majority of them did not pass the test. (quality, art direction, bugs, etc.) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 4.0 Raids now puggable
We specifically intend for the 4.0 raids to be puggable now that Firelands is out. Grabbing some tier 11 by way of Justice, quest rewards, plus across the board difficulty nerfs should really be enough to get them going.

The patch has only been out a day or so though. I think it'll probably take a little bit before people really get it into their heads that they should be pugging the previous tier because it's not too hard to be successful. It's just getting people used to the various encounters and mechanics.

Maybe people are waiting for the holiday weekend? If nothing else, leading one yourself is always an option. I think we'd agree that we need some better ways to get pug raids together considering we intend to follow the "New Raid is Hard, old Tier is Puggable" format from here on.

Still unsure what that means regarding the final raid (i.e. Deathwing). Do pugs not get to see him until the next expansion is released? (Not saying whether that's a good thing or not, but personally I enjoyed getting to Arthas on some of my alts without spending near as much time as I did on my main.)
In ICC we had a stacking raid buff over time which gradually made the content easier. Not saying we’ll do that exact thing again but the philosophy was around even then that everyone who wants to can eventually see the content, but it’s going to take very organized groups (which typically means raiding guilds) to see the encounters first.

So casuals will constantly be a tier behind for the rest of the life of this game? If that is what is actually coming out of your mouth I'll save myself the time and unsub now. What a piss poor vision for your game. There are normal and heroic versions of raids for a reason. That heroic difficulty was implemented so that the two segments of the population (casual and hardcore) would both have something to do. You are now bifurcating the raiding population AGAIN, by telling casuals that they have to run around in the left overs.
Trying to label all of our players as “casual puggers” vs.” hardcore raiders” is ridiculously simplistic. Among raiders there is an enormous diversity of players. There are those who will raid virtually every night when new content is out, to guilds that raid once a week (and even then will cancel raid nights fairly commonly). If you must try to label raiders, you’d be closer to the Blizzard model if you said normal mode is for organized raids, heroic mode is for more hardcore organized raids, and the previous tier of content (and Baradin Hold) is targeted for pick-up groups. Also consider that even within a raid zone we try to design easier bosses (usually near the front) and more challenging ones (usually at the end) which can help blur those lines and offer smoother transitions for each category.

Overall, we think you’ll have a better experience playing World of Warcraft if you play with friends, either existing or those you meet in game. WoW, while much more solo friendly than most older MMO games, is still intended as a multiplayer game. We provide features like Dungeon Finder for when playing with friends isn’t possible, and as we said above, we’d like to offer more features like that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Tabards Tab
Are there any considerations for a tab for your tabards?
Yes!

[...] To clarify: he asked if we were considering it, and yes we are considering it. :) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Keyring Removal
On a serious point though some people are upset about the removal of the key ring. While that seems like we're just taking it out to be bullies, it specifically frees up storage space we can then make into useful features. Not that it will specifically be used for 'tabard storage', but we are going to be using the space the removal of the key ring freed up. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Thrall and Aggra's "wedding"
Correct. Their pledging of their lives to one another was essentially their 'wedding', although I'm sure Orcs don't use such nomenclature to refer to these things. Maybe 'life bond' fits better. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Does Blizzard plan on adding the rest of the dungeons and raids to the Dungeon Journal?
Absolutely. With the time it takes to present a single boss in the Dungeon Journal we were only confident supplying Cataclysm content with the release of the feature in 4.2, but we are on a path to filling it out with all dungeons and raids in the entire game. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Steam Summer Sales
In a very, very, very unrelated sidenote, Steam Summer Sales are up. I don't usually news non-WoW stuff but ... well, I like Valve and I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be happy to hear the news. Also, don't forget that we have a Video Games Forum!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Stars Heroic Shannox World First Kill, Blue Posts started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 625 Comments
  1. Adrood's Avatar
    I agree with Loot removal + kill + achi , cuz this doesn't seem like playing a fair challenge with other guilds ... however not banned .. technically they didn't break any rules .. but this option shouldn't have been available for them in the first place .... so World first does not belong to them ... i dunn care if 500 euros were spent on this the hell with it ... Blizz might lose over 500 million euros due to angry players from this incident ...
  1. Newz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loremater Ime View Post
    This is not under exploiting by any means, this has been around since faction change came out, IF this was exploiting then race change should count aswell since a raid can go specific race to do specific task, or just go human for pvp... lol? many hugs
    Fully agreed. Where's the exploit? The killed the bosses in the 'correct' way. What is they were to re-roll (not transfer) to US servers to get the content a day earlier?
    There are some advantages and disadvantages, they have put in effort and killed the boss. GG Stars.
  1. lyxxx060's Avatar
    Not sure why people are QQ-ing, I personally think it's brilliant. They just wanted it more, what can you say?
  1. Rapti's Avatar
    STARS... bunch of hypocrites.
  1. SadWarrior's Avatar
    Grantz stars! Lol, and who cares about WoW Progress
  1. Fannyd's Avatar
    More to the point, they've now had an entire days testing on the first 5 heroic modes, on live.
    That's far more important than this one heroic kill. They can now just roll into the instance next Wednesday, on mains, and blitz these bosses out of the way. Giving them more time on the end bosses.
  1. bigjenk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Being an Internet Coolguy shouldn't be mistaken for an argument. Newsflash anything competitive and challenging can be classified as a sport. And there is no argument that WoW raiding isn't competitive and challenging, and it does has it's fans. But, ignorance is bliss.
    Game not sport. Chess, bowling, poker are all games as is competitive wow.
  1. Sellest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrood View Post
    I agree with Loot removal + kill + achi , cuz this doesn't seem like playing a fair challenge with other guilds ... however not banned .. technically they didn't break any rules .. but this option shouldn't have been available for them in the first place .... so World first does not belong to them ... i dunn care if 500 euros were spent on this the hell with it ... Blizz might lose over 500 million euros due to angry players from this incident ...
    You are so naive to believe that people will cancel their subscription, because some guild got world first kill? O.o
  1. godofslack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsu727 View Post
    What you're misunderstanding completely is the fact they shouldn't be putting people on new features to implement when they have so many existing issues to address. I know there are different development teams handling different aspects of the game. I'm speaking about Blizzard as a whole. I'd rather they pool resources into thoroughly testing a content patch for an additional two weeks or however long it needs rather than implement stuff that isn't ready. People were in the Molten Front doing dailies on Day 1 because the daily quests were randomly resetting. Cauldrons were malfunctioning in Firelands to where charges were consumed and no flasks handed out. Stars is getting heroic kills on Day 2 since their patch day because Blizzard hasn't fixed something that's been a known issue since the Faction Change feature became available. There are many more issues I could list, but I think the point is clear.

    The bottom line is, I'd like to see Blizzard handle these situations before they arise, rather than wait for someone to cross the line far enough to where they "feel the need to step in". I'd be willing to wait a little longer for a much more solid patch release.
    Why shouldn't they? It's not slowing down that progress. It's not as if someone putting new emotes in the game causes Cauldrons to reset. Both are completely separate entities. Having new hair styles in the game don't hinder anyone, all they do is benefit the people who want them. It's not like you can put these voice actors, art designers and, to a much lesser extent, programers and have them test content. They aren't qualified to do that. It wouldn't help at all, in fact it would probably hinder.

    It's also important to know that the bugs that are being found are, for the most part, trivial and obscure. Dailies resetting for a few people so they can do Molten Front dailies a full 2 days earlier is trivial and obscure. Guild Cauldrons not working 100% of the time in Firelands trivial and obscure. Skull Bash not working in the Firelands, somewhat trivial and very obscure. Faction Change feature resetting raid lock outs, for the most part not a bad thing, only when it's used like it is now. Really, 4.2 has been an EXTREMELY stable and polished patch, compared to the unstable and buggy stuff we usually get.
  1. Loremater Ime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrood View Post
    I agree with Loot removal + kill + achi , cuz this doesn't seem like playing a fair challenge with other guilds ... however not banned .. technically they didn't break any rules .. but this option shouldn't have been available for them in the first place .... so World first does not belong to them ... i dunn care if 500 euros were spent on this the hell with it ... Blizz might lose over 500 million euros due to angry players from this incident ...
    What they could have done is to not allow faction change on the first week of patch.. but no, lets remove stuff from people who earned it anyway,
    like it matter if they dont got loot, achi, kill?? it's on frontpage, meaning it's already a first kill either way.

    And by saying blizz loose millions of euroes just because some payed for a broken function, is just not logical, it's hard enough for people to unsub
    when their class is totally broken, you really think majority of players cares about this? Most are casuals, and probably not give a damn.

    //Hugs to Stars anyway, GJ
    Just remember, dont use saronite bombs, they might break ragnaros legs and blizz will suspend you cause they cant take the heat.
  1. SadWarrior's Avatar
    Oh and btw, since when did WoW become a PvE eSport race game to kill first bosses? Last time i checked, we are fighting against DW and his minions. Stars are saving Azeroth from eternal flame, which would purge everything otherwise. And if you are asking me, they are doing good job! If you want competition, go watch Quake 3 tournaments, where everything is balanced.
  1. Nekovivie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    You are so naive to believe that people will cancel their subscription, because some guild got world first kill? O.o
    More the fact that it's a huge leap down the road to being able to buy advantages in game with money. If Blizzard don't act on it, they're basically OK'ing it. Then whats stopping them adding 391 epics for money? Have a new legendary staff for only 100 dollars?

    Money should not be able to get you advantages in game. The 500 million euros is a stupid number, but it's fair to say some people would lose faith in the game if things like the above began to happen.
  1. Meowington707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    to be fair, STARS and other guilds in Asia had to wait a week or more later before they got patches a while ago, not sure if it`s still like that now, but regardless they always only had shots at the later, harder heroic bosses and killed them before guilds that had a very long time to practice.

    so you could say that, in your opinion every other world first ever gotten is wrong, because STARS didn`t have an equal chance at those

    but I do agree, I don`t think this should be allowed, but I don`t think it should not be counted either.
    I agree. They *SHOULD* count the world firsts by who killed a boss the fastest. If Stars manages to kill Deathwing 1 week later than Paragon, but they did it in less hours, they should get the technical world first. They way it works now is who simply puts the most time into no lifing it (literally). Tons of other guilds could be competing with Paragon, but they simply don't choose to do what Paragon does. Raid 16-20 hours straight, cycling raiders in and out and cycling people taking power naps.

    I know you'll say that they deserve it if they put that much time into it, but still... If you're REALLY, you'll kill it in the least amount of hours possible not just simply put the most time into it.
  1. Trix's Avatar
    I had to lol.

    I don't think they should be banned, Blizz should be aware of this problem and stop it in the first place, so gogo Stars!
  1. Mauli's Avatar
    I think they will get a ban, i mean ensidia got banned for using bombs on LK, a pretty normal thing and they said that they didnt know what caused the glitch, i dont know if its true but we dont have proof that ensidia knew that bombs caused the plattform respawning. but STARS did this on purpose, they know what they have done so i think the deserve it
  1. Ultragrisen's Avatar
    So if this is the way to play, 100ds of guilds will from now on start faction changing all the time.. good for Blizz economy yes.. pointless yes.. "If it is possible then someone will do it, if it is impossible someone else will do it"
  1. Trix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    since when did WoW become a PvE eSport race game to kill first bosses?
    Since like always.
  1. godofslack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Game not sport. Chess, bowling, poker are all games as is competitive wow.
    And poker is being covered on major sports networks now. The line between sport and game is so silly and arbitrary that it doesn't have anything to do with the actual activity. For example NASCAR is classified as a sport despite the minimal physical involvement. It's silly, when many more physically intensive things are classified as games. In reality the sport/game divide only exists in the popularity of the activity, as fans like to known as sports fans rather than games fans. It's quite obvious that fans of what should be, by the "definition" of sports, games like to think of their favorite participants as athletes rather than people who play games.
  1. Adrood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    You are so naive to believe that people will cancel their subscription, because some guild got world first kill? O.o
    No not naive but realistic ... put urself in paragon's position or any progress guild aiming for world 1st ... if Blizzard is gonna tolerate with this behavior .. then what do u believe would be next ????
  1. Ultragrisen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Since like always.
    +1

    10(chars)

Site Navigation