Method released the video of their World Second Kill of Ragnaros in 25-Man Heroic mode. It features 6 different Point of Views and is very nicely done, you should probably check it out!
On a sidenote, Envy (EU-Auchindoun) and Ensidia (EU-Tarren Mill) also defeated Ragnaros! Congratulations to both guilds!
Lich King Solo Kill by Mione (Death Knight)
Mione did it again and spent her time working on the Lich King solo kill after the release of Patch 4.2.
Description (Taken from Youtube)
Ironically, this was going to be my last attempt for tonight... :)
LK's main challenges are:
- 1) Practice of cooldown usage in p1. They're used *very* strictly and if you don't have that practice, you'll probably wipe in p1 endlessly (which is what I initially did)
- 2) surviving transition phases. This is insane and requires, again, extremely precise cooldown management and positioning.
- 3) Finally, the obvious DPS race. This fight lasted an exact 15 minutes, not a single second more or less - I spent the whole evening wiping between 11 and 12% and finally, finally did it, through more Vengeance stacking and better play on my part (oh .. and maybe a lil bit crit RNG I guess? :p).
There's no particular clever trick, however, and I honestly think some other solos such as Yogg were *harder* in terms of thinking outside the box. Here I'm basically excecuting the fight as clean as I can, grabbing every possible bit of DPS along the way. However, I didn't encounter any boss so far that was as exhausting as LK was in terms of raw DPS requirements. Especially since, while I do have tons of 391 gear, I'm still rockin' little 372 Akirus. ;) If you think DPS requirements aren't worth of a "challenge", I guess pre-nerf Baleroc/Cho'gall would like a word with you.
- Necrotic Plague : cannot target the tank. You need it to clear the ghouls/vrykuls from phase 1, however. The trick is to put an engineer dummy to drop aggro for a split second, LK gives you the plague, outheal it, then proceed. Use either AMS/Chains of Ice or Potion of Purification to remove it/prevent it from affecting you again.
- Valks : Buggy as hell. Can't target the tank, they just mess around. They finally stop eating popcorn and grab me at some point... you'll have to watch to see when.
- Defile : I stand in some of these on purpose in order to increase Vengeance. It has to be done very carefully, since both p2 and p3 are very healing intensive phases (p2 because of Infest which means I can't dip too low on health, p3 because of vile spirit explosions)
- Frostmourne: Yet another mechanic that doesn't target the tank. Wouldn't be difficult to overcome in any way whatsoever, but would make beating the enrage impossible, so I guess that's a good thing it's not there.
What's next? It wouldn't be fun if I already told you everything right? Getting surprised is awesome.
- 六十年目の神速裁判 ～ Rapidity is a justice [Author/Circle] - Xi / AQUAELIE
- U.N. Owen Was Her (Full ver.)
- Driftveil City remix by Dasgust ( http://www.youtube.com/Dasgust , many awesome remixes :3!)
The Five Stages of MMOs
The Daily Blink goes through the five stages of MMOs.