MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria
Update - For the record, the international codes 009 and 041 only seems to appear on Blizzard's online games trademarks. This isn't a book or anything like that. It appears incredibly likely based on previous trademarks obtained by Blizzard that this is the next expansion.


Mists of Pandaria
Blizzard just trademarked a very interesting "Mists of Pandaria".

This article was originally published in forum thread: Mists of Pandaria started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 1292 Comments
  1. Linkedblade's Avatar
    Well searching through TESS I searched for all the expansions titles.
    BC has only IC 009
    WotLK has IC 009, 016, and 041. I'm assuming one code is for the TCG and another is for digital downloads.
    Cata has IC 009, 016, and 041. Again i think one code is for TCG, one for digital downloads and one for actual dvd software.
    Mists of Pandaria has 009 and 041. Which would make it seem to be a legitimate expansion.

    IC code listings:
    • IC 009. G & S: Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads
    • IC 041. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games; entertainment services, namely, conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing events between computer game players and interest groups
    • IC 016. G & S: Computer game strategy guides, trading cards, coloring books, adhesive stickers, posters, calendars, instructional leaflets in the field of computer games, computer game instruction manuals, catalogs in the field of computer games, advertisement boards of paper or cardboard, photographs, art prints.
    Also searching for trademarks: "World of Warcraft","Starcraft","Wings of Liberty","Heart of the Swarm","Brood War","Legacy of the Void" all bring up the same three codes: 009,016,041. With the Exceptions being World of Warcraft, it had numerous trademark codes, and Brood war which is similar to the Burning Crusade which did not have or might not have needed the 041 code.
  1. Nathanyel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Skeeter: Hey Panda Bear! We don't take kindly to your types around here.
    Bartender: Now Skeeter, he ain't hurtin' nobody.
    Skeeter: No! I wanna know something from Mr. Panda Bear here. If you pandas are from mountainous areas of China and Tibet, how come you only eat bamboo which is prone to grow in dryer, more arid regions?


    Pandaren are the inventors of take-away food They just love to eat outside home.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-03 at 07:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Harriet View Post
    On top of that, they praise the same Earthmother as the Tauren - so they'd be on your side, pal.
    Pandaren Druids.
    Pandaren Seers (Priests)
    Pandaren Sunwalkers!
  1. pandaman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well searching through TESS I searched for all the expansions titles. BC has only IC 009 WotLK has IC 009, 016, and 041. I'm assuming one code is for the TCG and another is for digital downloads. Cata has IC 009, 016, and 041. Again i think one code is for TCG, one for digital downloads and one for actual dvd software. Mists of Pandaria has 009 and 041. Which would make it seem to be a legitimate expansion. IC code listings:
    • IC 009. G & S: Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads

    • IC 041. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games; entertainment services, namely, conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing events between computer game players and interest groups

    • IC 016. G & S: Computer game strategy guides, trading cards, coloring books, adhesive stickers, posters, calendars, instructional leaflets in the field of computer games, computer game instruction manuals, catalogs in the field of computer games, advertisement boards of paper or cardboard, photographs, art prints.
    That just reinforces the Warcraft 4 rumours since Warcraft 4 doesn't need a tacky TCG
  1. mvallas's Avatar
    I like to add a few further details.

    People commented that Pandaren haven't been introduced yet to World of Warcraft.

    Also, people comment that the Pandaren are simply too cute.

    To both of those, I offer this image:
    http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...1/pandaren.jpg

    It's of the Pandaren Figure released by Blizzard about a year ago. I always thought it was odd that they released a figure of a race nobody has ever seen. Likewise I thought it was odd that the Pandaren design got a massive overhaul - even including detail giving them their own specific crest (seen on the brew keg). They definitely look less cute and are very fierce-looking.

    On a side-note, I'd love it if Blizz was bold enough to not just let you play Pandaren, but ONLY play Pandaren as the new hero class (Pandaren Monk/Brewmaster). Meaning the only way to be a Pandaren is to play the new Hero Class. This would REALLY make it a unique hero class and not just feel like "yet another class".
  1. Jaxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harriet View Post
    You do understand, Pandaren are known as some of the most harsh, cruel beings on Azeroth? Unforgiving and swift in judgement.

    They're fucking bears, no matter how cute their colouring looks to you.

    On top of that, they praise the same Earthmother as the Tauren - so they'd be on your side, pal.
    Well think of it this way. They are based off of Pandas (no kidding) that spend 16 hours a day eating bamboo and can barely muster enough energy to screw in order to save their species. Let natural selection take its course on these little critters.
    As for Pandaren, I've always thought them nothing more than a joke ever since they were introduced in The Frozen Throne with the Pandaren Brewmaster. Why those drunk monks get so much attention I'll never understand.
  1. mvallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    That just reinforces the Warcraft 4 rumours since Warcraft 4 doesn't need a tacky TCG
    ...does any game need a tacky TCG?

    That doesn't reinforce Warcraft 4 at all...
  1. vikus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    Its possible to use, but not as an xpac
    It is in fact very possible and in fact plausible for this to be an xpack.
  1. pandaman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...does any game need a tacky TCG? That doesn't reinforce Warcraft 4 at all...
    Unless Blizzard is dropping the TCG from WoW, then yeah it does or they'd have put that in too
  1. ZenX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harriet View Post
    You do understand, Pandaren are known as some of the most harsh, cruel beings on Azeroth? Unforgiving and swift in judgement.

    They're fucking bears, no matter how cute their colouring looks to you.

    On top of that, they praise the same Earthmother as the Tauren - so they'd be on your side, pal.
    Its either Pandaren to be neutral or side with Alliance, why? They pretty much despise Blood Elves, Forsaken and don't like Trolls' involvement with eerie magic. This seems as Worgen vs. Goblins argument again.

    In the case Pandaren to be not neutral and playable, then it will probably be Ogres for Horde and Pandaren for the Alliance. For the people saying they won't make Pandaren playable for only one side as the name of the expansion is "Mists of Pandaria", get your minds and facts straight, as one is the name of the land and the other is the name of the race, orcs practically conquered Kalimdor just as Goblins have invaded Azshara. Blood Elves had practically invaded Draenei settlements in Outland before getting allied with Horde and were cheesy enough to return and beg for forgiveness by the Naaru, whom had their brethren captured and drained to a being of void by the same elves.

    In the case that it turns out to be Pandaren and Ogres as new playable races, we'll learn of Ogres invading Pandaria and Horde helping them due to their past(Garrosh being a greater supporter for such and act) and Alliance rallying to help Pandaren through Night Elves.
  1. phyrix's Avatar
    I'll be honest, first thing I did when I read this is check the date... nope, it's not april fools day.
  1. Nathanyel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    That just reinforces the Warcraft 4 rumours since Warcraft 4 doesn't need a tacky TCG
    The IC 016 part could also refer to the strategy guides. Or "instructional leaflets". Or just something else that hasn't been trademarked yet for that product.

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's of the Pandaren Figure released by Blizzard about a year ago. I always thought it was odd that they released a figure of a race nobody has ever seen.
    There are also several characters in that product line that have never appeared in WoW or other Warcraft products yet. This is Blizzard we're talking about, they fucking do what they wanna do. Or, more likely, Chris Metzen demanded it. :P
  1. TarzoEzio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hom View Post
    following Cataclysm decline in levels range, I'm guessing this one will feature 3 new levels (88)
    No......90!
  1. winterfox72's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harriet View Post
    You do understand, Pandaren are known as some of the most harsh, cruel beings on Azeroth? Unforgiving and swift in judgement.

    They're fucking bears, no matter how cute their colouring looks to you.

    On top of that, they praise the same Earthmother as the Tauren - so they'd be on your side, pal.
    The Giant Panda is one of the most misunderstood animals on the planet. For many years, it was believed to be a type of racoon, like the similarly named red panda. However, genetics testing and observation have revealed that the panda is in fact, a bear. It has several adaptations that make it unusual. First is the fact that it has six digits on the front paws, giving it an opposable thumb ideal for holding onto the stalks of bamboo which it consumes in great amounts. The genitalia of the male are rear-pointing and small which is also decidedly unbearish, and much more like those of the red panda. It has only been since 1995 that the Panda has been officially considered a bear.
  1. mvallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Well think of it this way. They are based off of Pandas (no kidding) that spend 16 hours a day eating bamboo and can barely muster enough energy to screw in order to save their species. Let natural selection take its course on these little critters.
    As for Pandaren, I've always thought them nothing more than a joke ever since they were introduced in The Frozen Throne with the Pandaren Brewmaster. Why those drunk monks get so much attention I'll never understand.
    They get attention because they're drunk monks kicking ass with a beer keg. It's just cool. ^_^

    The Tuskarr race also started off as a joke. Although the desire by the populace to play them isn't nearly as much as the Pandaren, they are still enjoyed by many and are, nowadays, a well-developed race and culture.

    Also, since when does their species they're related to in the real world mean it's an accurate depiction of their race in Azaroth? Do the Tauren simply sit around in grass fields chewing all day, waiting for the day they're killed and turned into burgers? Is the only excitement Tauren get in their lives happen when they're sleeping at night and a dwarf rushes at them out of the darkness and pushes them over?
  1. Nathanyel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    They are based off of Pandas (no kidding) that spend 16 hours a day eating bamboo and can barely muster enough energy to screw in order to save their species.
    As opposed to Tauren, which are based on cows, the top of the food chain.
    Fantasy, dude.

    Pandaren physiology is based on Pandas, true, but more agile, and their culture is more or less based on that of Japan and other Asian, human countries
  1. vikus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpy View Post
    For pandoriiaaaaaaaaa! And horde! Damn sadly they won't be playable Since blizz want to alternate new class and new races each exp, or maybe, hell no i want to play horde panda!
    I agree, if this is the new xpack, I highly doubt pandas will be playable. Aside from alternating between races, hero calss, races, hero ect, for each xpack, I find it odd that they'd name an xpack after a playable race. After all, it's not WoW: Eye of the Dranei, or WoW: Wrath of the Worgen. It wouldn't make sense.
  1. Malthurius's Avatar
    I think this is a south seas expansion with azshara as the big bad villian. The title could just denote importance of the mist surrounding the island that is pandaria.
  1. mvallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    There are also several characters in that product line that have never appeared in WoW or other Warcraft products yet. This is Blizzard we're talking about, they fucking do what they wanna do. Or, more likely, Chris Metzen demanded it. :P
    ...if you really think the marketing department cares about Metzin? He's not part of their department. Yeah, that sounds odd - but this is blizz marketing. Metzen may suggest something cool, but Blizz marketing will tell him "no" if they feel it's not worth it. I do NOT believe, at all, that he has 100% control in what gets made or not. In story - yes. In product - no.

    I'm certain that's how the expansions are made too. When the Bloodelves joined the Horde and the Alliance got Draenei, I'm sure it was the dev team walking up to Metzen and telling him "OK - we need a pretty race for the Horde and a big monster race for the Alliance to help balance out the population. Do your lore thing and spin up a believable story."

    Also, since when does Metzen get a say on action figures? He is the Story guy, not the product guy. He may have made decisions about the look of the Pandaren, he may have even suggested it - but I'm certain he didn't order it made. He's not part of that department.
  1. Merp's Avatar
    Wonderful.

    If this really means that the next expansion of this once glorious and epic game will be about fluffy giant kung-fu pandas, it will be just what I need to finally say goodbye to Activision Blizzard and embrace one of the much more promising MMOs which are about to be released.

    Fanboys are obviously free to stay and enjoy the game even until the further expansion, which will probably be all about rainbow-colored little ponys of doom which will be sold and bought for real money at the Auction House...

    And obviously they will find it "great", "cool" and "awesome".

    Whatever...

    *rollseyes*

Site Navigation