Good news everyone! We're recruiting moderators for the forums! The amount of users and posts keeps increasing at a very fast pace and we reached the point where we need some help before the trolls take over and play Whack-a-Mod in the new Darkmoon Faire. I know it sounds fun, but I'm going to assume we don't want that.
The forum traffic keeps increasing at a rate of +100% every year, and I'd like to thank all the users contributing to our wonderful, friendly, and fluffy community.
Read this if you plan to apply
- Please please please, do not apply if you're just super bored at the end of August before you go back to school/work. I'm not asking for a life-long commitment, but more than 2 weeks would be nice.
- Do not apply if you only want to wave your banhammer at random people. Moderators are expected to post on the forums they moderate regularly, contribute, keep the sticky posts clean and updated, etc ...
- You will be expected to be on IRC most of the time to communicate with the rest of the team. This is very important, and you're not getting promoted before you come and say hi. (We can tell you how that works, it's pretty easy)
- If you apply to moderate a class forum, you will be expected to know how your class works.
I can do that! What do you need from me?
- You will need a certain level of activity on forums over the past x days to be eligible to apply on a forum. I'm not going to go into details, but it will make the selection process much easier on our side if we can easily spot who is active and who isn't.
- A reasonable amount of free time, but probably less than you think. If you're already an active poster (and if we don't screw up, you are) it will probably just 10 more minutes to your daily forum routine.
- Don't be stupid. Realistically, it will be easy to figure that out by going through your post history, but if you got infracted 5 times over the past month, you're probably out.
How do I apply?
- Fill this very simple form.
- Your application will be listed and admins will review it. It should be slightly faster than in the past, since most of the data we used to gather on applicants is now obtained automatically. (Yes, we're going to stalk your forum life)
- You will get a PM from our lovely Scrapbot if you're refused or accepted. If you're accepted, more instructions will follow, and cake.
- There is a 14 days waiting period before you can reapply after your application got rejected/accepted.
- One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 100 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators.
- The post limit might change in the future for some forums, the current limits are just a test and we'll see how things go.
- Do not apply to another forum just because you're not eligible for the one you wanted in the first place. That's dumb, especially since limits might change soon. (Within a week)
- It doesn't mean you'll get recruited on that, if we only see shitty posts in your history you're going to get refused so fast that it will feel like a saturday night with me.
- The moderator application process will always be active from now on, don't rush your application thinking it will be your only chance, we'll now recruit very regularly.
- Past infractions won't block you from applying or being a mod if they're small infractions. Obviously, if you did something incredibly stupid your chances to be a mod will be greatly lowered.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Trading Card Game Art Gallery Update
The Trading Card game art gallery has been updated with ten new pieces.