Interviews: Warcraft After Cataclysm
Tom Chilton and Greg Street have been making the rounds again with interviews on IGN and Gamasutra.
- If you add up all of the Deathwing encounter stages, it will be the longest fight in the game.
- Each stage of the fight will take place in a different location and offer some loot.
- The encounter starts at Wyrmrest Temple, progressing toward the players being on Deathwing's back while he is flying toward The Maelstrom.
- The new five man encounters will build up to the Deathwing fight, similar to how the Icecrown five man instances built up to the Lich King.
- To combat the complaints of armor always looking the same, there is a sub-lead who is in charge of guiding the art team to produce new styles not found in the game yet.
- More armor customization could be coming in the future; Transmogrification was a solution that could be finished in time for Patch 4.3.
- After Patch 4.3, and the world event, the team is going to focus on keeping players entertained and enjoying the game as well as new and potentially returning players.
- On Mists of Pandaria: "Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
- There are more people that played World of Warcraft but no longer play World of Warcraft than currently play World of Warcraft
- They believe that each spec plays like a separate class, making the game feel as if there are 30 classes.
- Player created content is still in the back of their minds because of how well it worked in Starcraft II. Developing tools for players would take a lot of work, but the reward would be great as well.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo III Beta Opt In
It is almost time for Diablo III Beta, Blizzard posted another beta opt in reminder on the official blog and DiabloFans has some additional leaked gameplay to go with the screenshots below.
Burning Crusade Art Gallery Updated
The Burning Crusade game art gallery has been updated with four new pieces.