MMO-Champion - Rogue Legendary Dagger and Patch 4.3 Interviews, Comics
Update #2 - We mirrored the interview in this post if you want to check it out.
Update - Looks like the escapist took the article down, probably went up earlier than expected.

Rogue Legendary and Patch 4.3
Another interview showed up today in The Escapist. The most important part is the Rogue Legendary dagger and new raid level difficulty, but the important points are all below.


  • Rogues will get a legendary dagger and exciting quest line to go with it. The lore for the dagger has not been decided upon yet.
  • Looking for Raid tool raids will be easier than normal raids using a new level of difficulty (Looking For Raid).
  • The Looking for Raid tool will only work for 25 man raids, not 10 man.
  • Players will get different achievements and loot from doing Random Raid mode, no normal mode achievements or perks will be gained.
  • This will introduce players to the content and mechanics of the fights so that they are more prepared for an actual raid.
  • The new five mans will have tighter story integration with the Deathwing Raid than Icecrown Heroics did.
  • The Dragonflights will work together to help take down Deathwing.
  • Deathwing's random zone burning will continue at least until the end of Patch 4.3.
  • They might be talking about Pandas at Blizzcon.


Comics: Dark Legacy and Teh Glad
Dark Legacy Comics #304 and Teh Gladiators #270 + #271 are available!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Rogue Legendary Dagger and Patch 4.3 Interviews, Comics started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 579 Comments
  1. Ronick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    Priest healer - Atiesh ; Val'anyr ; Priest shadow - Atiesh ; Dragonwrath ; MAge - Atiesh ; Dragonwrath ; Warlock - Atiesh ; Dragonwrath ; Rogue - Warglaive x2 ; Thori'dal ; Druid resto - Atiesh ; Val'anyr ; Druid balance - Atiesh ; Dragonwrath ; Hunter - Thori'dal ; Shaman resto - Val'anyr ; Shaman elemental - Dragonwrath ; Pala Holy - Val'anyr ; Pala Ret - Sulfuras ; Shadowmourne Warrior DPS - Sulfuras ; Warglaive x2 ; Thori'dal ; Shadowmourne DK - Sulfuras ; Warglaive x2 ; Shadowmourne ; War, Pala tank - Thunderfury ; Feral + Enhanacement - ???? Sulfuras ??? oh.. seriously .It's not enha/ feral weapon at all o.o
    So you say:
    Druid resto - Atiesh ; Val'anyr ;
    Druid balance - Atiesh ;
    Druid feral - NONE

    I say:
    Rogue assasin - NONE (untill patch 4.3) ;
    Rogue combat - Warglaive x2 ;
  1. Rerox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Not the mention that Blizzard never created legendary daggers before because they like legendaries to be cool and flashy, not some tiny shortblade with minimal space to create art on.
    They did!

    What I don't get about the Feral outrage: you got an epic Staff in Firelands that turns you into a f***ing FIRE CAT! A FIRE CAT!!!
    Honestly, I would trade any legendary Dagger for something that would pimp my appearance like this proc does.

    Besides the people whining about rogues _possibly_ getting a legendary, while Enh. Shamans or Ferals don't. So you complain that one CLASS (out of 10) gets some orange pixels, but rather want one SPEC (out of 30!) get one?

    You all know that Blizzard will most likely not create a legendary item again, that players can chose with the "right" stats like Quel'Delar. If they wanted to do it again, they could have done it several times since Atiesh. In most cases, they have enough problems balancing one proc of a legendary, let alone x different procs for x different specs/stat-types.
  1. jeepguy16's Avatar
    I don't think these 4.3 changes are legit... They specifically talked about not doing shield legendary because it only benifited 2 classes. A dagger for only rogues would be just as bad, especially since I believe only one spec uses daggers in their MH. On off hand only legendary would be just sad.Also, while it wouldn't surprise me if they do something to the raids to make them easier, I really see a new difficulty being out of the question and if anything, see them doing 10 only rather than 25 only.If these changes are correct, we all need to finda new game cause blizz has lost it.
  1. Bsod's Avatar
    a dagger... the first legendary for 1 class only? (ofc other could use it but it would make not much sens)
  1. Selkhet's Avatar
    Ah, c'mon. So much jealousy.

    We are the only class that thas no option but to play melee DPS, which is the less desired role in a raid environment. You also have to be fucking good at it, or you'll be replaced by a hybrid who can offspec tank or heals.

    We deserve this. QQ more. I just hope it's an off-hand so I can keep being Combat.
  1. Tott3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy16 View Post
    I don't think these 4.3 changes are legit... They specifically talked about not doing shield legendary because it only benifited 2 classes. A dagger for only rogues would be just as bad, especially since I believe only one spec uses daggers in their MH. On off hand only legendary would be just sad.Also, while it wouldn't surprise me if they do something to the raids to make them easier, I really see a new difficulty being out of the question and if anything, see them doing 10 only rather than 25 only.If these changes are correct, we all need to finda new game cause blizz has lost it.
    And as they said on Blizzcon last time, they wont do another tanking Legendary becuse they havent been able to figure out how to not leave DK's & Ferals outside as they can tank also.
  1. Badde's Avatar
    "Except ranged had 3 legendaries(Atiesh, Thoridal, Dragonwrath), healers - two(Atiesh again, Vala'nyr), and tanks one(Thunderfury). Get your facts straight.Only dagger rogues and feral druids didn't have one so far."
    Ionite please tell me what class the bold part is...Maybe it's a class I've totally missed or maybe you're trying to say rogue, the class that had Thunderfury in vanilla. The class that got the warglaives and also Thoridal if lucky from Sunwell!That would mean they'd get their 4:th legendary and not their first legendary just because it's for a certain spec.
  1. TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Epic! I like what theyre doing with the raid finder and im sure the story for the dagger will be a less barred down one than the staff quest. Also pandas! (Im gonna roll a rogue in celebration) :P
  1. Fusmu's Avatar
    Can you smell it? Can you smell the amount of subscribers which will stop paying for this...*@(#*?
  1. AVPaul's Avatar
    Blizzard promised not to force us to do 25-mans anymore! So...wtf?! I don't like 25-mans due to some objective reasons and so I don't like to be forced to do it.
  1. Smetz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    "Except ranged had 3 legendaries(Atiesh, Thoridal, Dragonwrath), healers - two(Atiesh again, Vala'nyr), and tanks one(Thunderfury). Get your facts straight.Only dagger rogues and feral druids didn't have one so far."
    Ionite please tell me what class the bold part is...Maybe it's a class I've totally missed or maybe you're trying to say rogue, the class that had Thunderfury in vanilla. The class that got the warglaives and also Thoridal if lucky from Sunwell!That would mean they'd get their 4:th legendary and not their first legendary just because it's for a certain spec.
    Assasination plz use your brain next time.
  1. TheJekyll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smetz View Post
    Assasination plz use your brain next time.
    If you are going to insult someone at least spell Assassination right.
  1. This Guy's Avatar
    It's just like Thori'dal but probably fake.¨

    Rogues are gonna go on a killing spree because of the hunters rolling on their loot!
  1. alade's Avatar
    Didn't Greg Tito quit his job at the Escapist a week ago or so? I could double check but I won't, can't be arsed. Interview seems kinda fake.
  1. Howard Moon's Avatar
    You guys just got massively trolled. That interview is so fake that it hurts.
  1. segoplout's Avatar
    They might be talking about Pandas at Blizzcon.

    And there it is.. Mists of Pandaria is the expansion. Which we knew. All in all, all I can say is, bah.
  1. rauta's Avatar
    feral = atiesh! it got melee ap aswell.
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    I only believe this if I read it in blue.
  1. LethalAim's Avatar
    LOL I guess this is Blizzards way of getting more people to play a boring ass class such as the Rogue. I hear Mutilate/Envenom spam is SUPER fun nowadays!
  1. MarizzaDraenor's Avatar
    Dont believe they are legit Dagger is pretty much a 1 class weapon not to mention due to small size they cant make it look cool like they want with legendaries, Though with Crapvision you never know. They keep surprising me with bad decisions for nearly 3 years now.

Site Navigation