We will hear more about Mists of Pandaria in the upcoming weeks, but while we are waiting for new announcements we can review the new Challenge Mode dungeons that are coming in Mists of Pandaria.
- Blizzcon World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Preview Panel
- Blizzcon World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Dungeons and Raids Panel
- Official Mists of Pandaria Preview Recap
- Official Mists of Pandaria Raids & Dungeons Panel Recap
- Official Challenge Modes feature page
Challenge Mode Dungeons
- Heroic mode dungeons will not be as difficult as they were in Cataclysm, instead they will be similar to the Wrath of the Lich King level difficulty.
- Challenge Mode dungeons will require you to complete a dungeon in a certain amount of time to win a medal and other rewards, similar to the Zul'Aman timed run for the bear mount.
- There are Bronze, Silver, Gold medals that will be earned based on the amount of time taken to complete the dungeon.
- You gear levels are normalized by reducing your overall item level to a set level so that everyone is on equal gear footing.
- There will be no way to get better gear and just overpower the challenge.
- Completing the Challenge on gold will incur a stacking debuff on future attempts: it’ll start with a 5% debuff, but if you manage to finish with a gold medal time on that run you’ll receive a 10% debuff on your next run, and so on.
- The challenges will reward unique gear for transmogrification and valor points.
- Other possible rewards include pets, mounts, titles, and achievements depending on your score.
- A new challenge dungeons UI will be added, allowing you to check your medals, ranking, show what rewards you can unlock, and more.
- There will be realm wide leaderboards that allow you to compete with your friends, guild, or everyone!
- Challenge Mode will work only on Pandaria dungeons at the beginning.
- Challenge Mode dungeons will use the Dungeon Finder tool.
- It is possible that the system could be expanded to raids in the future.
Class Transmogrification List
With the popularity of our previous weapon transmogrification list, we have expanded the list to more slots for each class. Because these lists are so long and take some time to prepare, the lists will be split into groups of a few classes at a time. Today we finish with Shaman and Hunters. If you would like to see other transmogrification data, let us know in the comments.
This time around items that share the same model and color are counted together in the rankings as often as possible, but not items that have different color variations of the same model.
All of the items in the list have screenshots on the database page if you are looking for some transmogrification ideas!