MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode Dungeons, Class Transmogrification List
Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Mode Dungeons
We will hear more about Mists of Pandaria in the upcoming weeks, but while we are waiting for new announcements we can review the new Challenge Mode dungeons that are coming in Mists of Pandaria.

Previous Coverage:



Challenge Mode Dungeons
  • Heroic mode dungeons will not be as difficult as they were in Cataclysm, instead they will be similar to the Wrath of the Lich King level difficulty.
  • Challenge Mode dungeons will require you to complete a dungeon in a certain amount of time to win a medal and other rewards, similar to the Zul'Aman timed run for the bear mount.
  • There are Bronze, Silver, Gold medals that will be earned based on the amount of time taken to complete the dungeon.
  • You gear levels are normalized by reducing your overall item level to a set level so that everyone is on equal gear footing.
  • There will be no way to get better gear and just overpower the challenge.
  • Completing the Challenge on gold will incur a stacking debuff on future attempts: it’ll start with a 5% debuff, but if you manage to finish with a gold medal time on that run you’ll receive a 10% debuff on your next run, and so on.
  • The challenges will reward unique gear for transmogrification and valor points.
  • Other possible rewards include pets, mounts, titles, and achievements depending on your score.
  • A new challenge dungeons UI will be added, allowing you to check your medals, ranking, show what rewards you can unlock, and more.
  • There will be realm wide leaderboards that allow you to compete with your friends, guild, or everyone!
  • Challenge Mode will work only on Pandaria dungeons at the beginning.
  • Challenge Mode dungeons will use the Dungeon Finder tool.
  • It is possible that the system could be expanded to raids in the future.


Class Transmogrification List
With the popularity of our previous weapon transmogrification list, we have expanded the list to more slots for each class. Because these lists are so long and take some time to prepare, the lists will be split into groups of a few classes at a time. Today we finish with Shaman and Hunters. If you would like to see other transmogrification data, let us know in the comments.

This time around items that share the same model and color are counted together in the rankings as often as possible, but not items that have different color variations of the same model.

All of the items in the list have screenshots on the database page if you are looking for some transmogrification ideas!


Hunter
Chest Feet Hands
Gronnstalker's Chestguard Guardian's Chain Sabatons Brutal Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets
Brutal Gladiator's Chain Armor Gronnstalker's Boots Gronnstalker's Gloves
Demon Stalker Harness Giantstalker's Boots Sanctified Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Handguards
Dragonstalker's Breastplate Rock-Steady Treads Giantstalker's Gloves
Longstrider's Vest Dragonstalker's Greaves Dragonstalker's Gauntlets
Head Legs MainHand
Brutal Gladiator's Chain Helm Brutal Gladiator's Chain Leggings Brutal Gladiator's Painsaw
Crown of Destruction Gronnstalker's Leggings Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers
Gronnstalker's Helmet Draconic Bonesplinter Legguards Hellreaver
Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Headpiece Demon Stalker Greaves Black Ice
Demon Stalker Greathelm Dragonstalker's Legguards Halberd of Desolation
Shoulder Waist Wrist
Brutal Gladiator's Chain Spaulders Gronnstalker's Belt Gronnstalker's Bracers
Gronnstalker's Spaulders Band of the Night Raven Dragonstalker's Bracers
Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Spaulders Dragonstalker's Belt Giantstalker's Bracers
Merciless Gladiator's Chain Spaulders Giantstalker's Belt Ruthless Gladiator's Wristguards of Accuracy
Rift Stalker Mantle Guardian's Chain Girdle Scourge Hunter's Vambraces

Shaman
Chest Feet Hands
Skyshatter Chestguard Skyshatter Boots Skyshatter Gloves
Vengeful Gladiator's Mail Armor Earthfury Boots Vengeful Gladiator's Linked Gauntlets
Brutal Gladiator's Mail Armor Greaves of Ten Storms Brutal Gladiator's Mail Gauntlets
Sanctified Frost Witch's Hauberk Guardian's Mail Sabatons Sanctified Frost Witch's Gloves
Earthfury Vestments Earthsoul Boots Frost Witch's Grips
Head Legs MainHand
Skyshatter Helmet Skyshatter Leggings Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver
Vengeful Gladiator's Mail Helm Sanctified Frost Witch's Legguards Netherbane
Frost Witch's Faceguard Frost Witch's War-Kilt Frost Giant's Cleaver
Sanctified Frost Witch's Headpiece Cyclone Legguards Brutal Gladiator's Pummeler
Crown of Destruction Brutal Gladiator's Ringmail Leggings Swiftsteel Bludgeon
Shoulder Waist Wrist
Skyshatter Shoulderpads Skyshatter Belt Skyshatter Bracers
Vengeful Gladiator's Linked Spaulders Deathspeaker Disciple's Belt Earthfury Bracers
Brutal Gladiator's Mail Spaulders Earthfury Belt Bracers of Ten Storms
Frost Witch's Spaulders Firemend Cinch Skyshatter Wristguards
Sanctified Frost Witch's Spaulders Guardian's Mail Girdle Coldwraith Bracers
This article was originally published in forum thread: Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode Dungeons, Class Transmogrification List started by chaud View original post
Comments 215 Comments
  1. Eggwolls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zimzum2523 View Post
    I think Wotlk dungeons really were just right, Sure they were super easy once you out geared them by so much (just like cata heroics are now) but when they were brand new I remember plenty of wipes and that was even before LFD so we were wiping with pre built groups
    Yes, I agree. However, no one remembers those early Wrath days clearly. /:
  1. citizenpete's Avatar
    Heroic mode dungeons will not be as difficult as they were in Cataclysm, instead they will be similar to the Wrath of the Lich King level difficulty. R.I.P
  1. MailEnhancement's Avatar
    I just pray that they make the heroic raids worth while.
  1. hiragana's Avatar
    cc sucks. its NOT hard its just tedious when you dont have a decent group comp. Im all for bringing back wrath heroics and then getting my challenging content from challenge mode. I just hope they make the medals HARD to get, that way even casuals can show they are better than heroic raiders because its down to skill not just gear/how long you have to play every night.
  1. Bound4Earth's Avatar
    I keep seeing excuses like the challenges are meant to bridge the gap, but they're only extending the issue and making it worse. Now most casuals will just shift their complaints to challenge mode being too hard. They need to stop cow towing to the casual player base. It's a sect of players that will ultimately never be happy until this game is reduced to Hello Kitty Island Adventure. They turned gearing from a 4-6 month affair down to about a day or so. They've gone too far in the other direction and it's going to only hurt the game more as time goes on. Every tier gets released and casual players get bored faster slamming heroics and now LFR to get geared in the first week or 2, then returning to their daily grind. The gear doesn't have the epic feel of BC and prior gear because you didn't have to work that hard for it. I understand that they wanted more people to raid, but they went to far in changing gear from a reward based on time and hard work to an overnight affair. Because gear is acquired so easily it becomes trivialized and doesn't mean nearly as much. It's hard to take pride in gear that is practically thrown at you. I guess that's what casuals wanted though, free gear.
  1. The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    Yes, I agree. However, no one remembers those early Wrath days clearly. /:
    Seems so. The HCs where difficult at the beginning of Wrath too. I seems everyone is just remembering the nerfed HC. Sad
  1. good diu bro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    Yes, I agree. However, no one remembers those early Wrath days clearly. /:
    Its not about the boss difficulty, it is about the trash. TBC trash mods hit so hard that you have to crowd control or it will be a wipe.
    I still remember we can aoeing everything in Utgarde Keep then Ingvar one-shot the tank with smash.
    Oh well, but back in early wrath, tank was the top dps.
  1. snuzzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    Yes, I agree. However, no one remembers those early Wrath days clearly. /:
    Certain fights were hard for certain classes and comps because they lacked the tools necessary to combat the mechanics. That's not the same as Cata's "overall challenging" philosophy. It just meant I cried when I had to heal a fight with a lot of AOE damage on my paladin (like the first boss in heroic Gun'Drak).

    Anyway, I jut want the difficulty to stick. As it I right now, dungeons are only challenging anymore if you're a freshly dinged healer and you get a freshly dinged tank who thinks he's in WOTLK zerg mode.our gear simply scales too quickly for any real lingering challenge, and then on top of that he dungeons are nerfed. If you don't raid (I know, most people do now that it's so accessable) you have no challenging PVE content, ad that's not very fun.
  1. Dad's Avatar
    Isnt it kinda silly to put Main hands in hunters transmog list, when their real main weapons are ranged???
  1. Ciddy's Avatar
    I'm all for harder heroics and emphasis on CC. The only problem I have with the whole CC thing is the fact that I play a fury warrior. It REALLY sucked for me at the beginning of Cataclysm when I had to wait in queue for 45 minutes then be told "sorry bro we need someone with CC to do this" and kicked.
  1. Daez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I was thinking this too, you could skip all the trash and get right to the bosses
    Link the trash to the bosses. Problem solved!

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 08:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Mechanar, Steamvaults, Magister's Terrace... stuff you can't just faceroll. CC, interrupts, coordination are all needed! Think similar to the difficulty between normal/raid finder/ heroic raids.
    You had me until you listed the easiest dungeons of all time. Seriously, unless you really sucked those dungeons were beyond easy. The only remotely hard heroic in all of TBC was heroic Shattered Halls and even that was cake if you had a paladin tank. If you were lucky enough to have a paladin tank the entire expansion was AOE pulls. The problem wasn't that trash was hard it was that any tank besides a paladin couldn't hold AOE aggro.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 08:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Soahar View Post
    Maybe it's because they realized that most players aren't in solid 10/25 guilds, and yet a disproportionate amount of every patch is content for these people. So blizz decided to devote development time to cover a larger group of their players
    With an aging target population, the people that could once devote time to guilds are now devoting time to their actual lives. The result is that Blizzard had to invent systems that would allow people to play less often and still progress. The start of that was LFR. You can have your character through LFR and done with their weekly Valor cap in around 4 hours now. The rest of the week you don't need to do anything, so you can focus on your actual life.
  1. Apollet's Avatar
    As a Paladin tank through all of BC (except for holy the first 3-4 months), heroics were NOT that hard. I was in a guild full of clueless people that only played together because they were an extended RL group of friends/family. Tbh, the only heroic that I had to CC on was MGT and in that case, a warlock, rogue OR mage was sufficient. By the time my average item level was 131 (just slightly past tier 4), we were selling trial of the naaru runs for 100g a person and finishing them with 25 minutes on the timer. I didn't like SL or AC because they both had copious amounts of trash that wasn't particularly hard, just high health and tedious to pull. A lot of heroics, however, were similar to Cata release at first when I healed them. They weren't 3 hours wipe fests, though. A good tank and 1 or 2 well placed cc's were perfectly fine for running heroics. My tank friend and I could make it through all except SL, SH and AC in less than an hour. I am fine with the model they are going for with two strict conditions: 1) Easier, faster trash is fine as long as bosses can still wipe groups. Cata had decent bosses. Most pugs and groups could down bosses in a few attempts. It was just the painful trash pulls in some heroics that would total people. The most wipes I ever had in a random group was 12 on Karsh Steelbender the 5th day of the xpac. Everything else went down in 5 or less the first time. Imo, the trash pulls should be about 4-8 between bosses (4 if they're tougher 4-5 pulls, 8 if they're small pulls). The pack should have 1 target that's particularly potent and needs to be cc'd or focused. But in general the rest can just be held by the tank and aoe'd or single targeted down. 2) Challenge modes need to be sufficiently challenging. I want to have a release of nerdrage when I beat the gold medal 15-20% (3-4 stack) debuff and move up a rung on the totem pole. There really should be extra incentive for completing them, too. Like valor point rewards for completing it on challenge mode and justice points for regular.
  1. snuzzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    You had me until you listed the easiest dungeons of all time. Seriously, unless you really sucked those dungeons were beyond easy. The only remotely hard heroic in all of TBC was heroic Shattered Halls and even that was cake if you had a paladin tank. If you were lucky enough to have a paladin tank the entire expansion was AOE pulls. The problem wasn't that trash was hard it was that any tank besides a paladin couldn't hold AOE aggro.
    Yeah, Mech was so easy. That's why almost everyone always skipped Sepethrea. Heck I can still hear my healer crying at the gauntlet before the last boss, only to be disappointed (both of us) that we had to go back in another day because my sword still didn't drop. There were a lot of complex pathing mobs and those STILL get people on NORMAL if you're going through a RDF PUG. Because dungeons aren't made like that anymore, people feel tricked and cheated if they pull one of those groups at the wrong time because it chains 3-4 other groups. Same thing in SV, that first room was absolutely killer unless you know the paths through it (which of course we do; new players don't).

    You think Shattered Halls was the hardest, I agree that it was hard too; but it's tough to take you seriously when you say that Mag Terrace was easy? Really? Well I guess it's true everyone had a different experience in TBC.
  1. Dreyen's Avatar
    The 5% debuff every gold medal sounds amazing... itll make it very challenging. Imagine doing cata heroics at 333 itemlevel with a 50% debuff, theyd be insane.
  1. MailEnhancement's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post

    You think Shattered Halls was the hardest, I agree that it was hard too; but it's tough to take you seriously when you say that Mag Terrace was easy? Really? Well I guess it's true everyone had a different experience in TBC.
    If you did the timed Shattered Halls run which was chain pulling and what not to save the prisoners it was far from easy..

    MagTerrace was right up there with Heroic Arcatraz when it first came out.. the PVP boss was a bitch.

Site Navigation