MMO-Champion - February 7 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Curse Weekly Roundup, Blizzard Art
Diablo 3 - Bashiok Answers Questions, Known Achievement Issues

Patch 4.3.2 Hotfixes - February 7
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Dungeons and Raids
Dragon Soul
  • After the instance is cleared, Crimson Lifebinder now resurrects the non-player characters at Wyrmrest Temple, and they are fully functional.
  • Ultraxion
    • The event leading to Ultraxion now requires 15 Drakes killed, down from 24.

Events
Love is in the Air
  • Players are now able to receive Lovely Charms while on the quest "Test Your Strength", when the player's inventory has both the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide and Lovely Charm Collector's Kit.
  • Players now have the chance to receive both the Lovely Charm and Grisly Trophy from a single kill.
Lunar Festival
  • Elder Dawnstrider now spawns farther away from nearby Flame Crest mobs.

Items

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Account Wide Achievements
While we’re still working out many of the details regarding account-wide achievement functionality, I want to clarify that we plan for the system to apply to all achievements -- not just those added in Mists of Pandaria. It’s intended to be an overall change to the current achievement system.

Our goal is to make it so that you feel like you only have to get an achievement once. We think the time and effort you put into achievements should be evident regardless of which character you’re playing. The update will be implemented at the Battle.net level and, as such, would apply to all of the attached World of Warcraft licenses on the account. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Account Wide Achievements
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Please Welcome Nyorloth!
In a break from tradition, I am not a member of the Community team; long have I gestated within the Story Development division of the Publishing Team, itself a division of Creative Development. My purposes here are myriad, but to mention a few:


  • Increase the transparency of how we develop stories within our games and ancillary fiction.
  • Encourage more constructive discussions of the lore, so that we may better understand your likes/dislikes in order to shape our future projects.
  • To serve as a scapegoat for when something happens in the lore that you don’t like.

My eye has glimpsed the forming of an Ask CDev on the horizon... perhaps, even, Soon™! You would all do well to gather your questions now, in preparation for this momentous event. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard Art Update
Blizzard added seven pieces to the Wrath of the Lich King art gallery. These pieces offer an inside look at the creative process behind building the Warcraft universe.




Curse Weekly Roundup
Pico is back to tell us about the things you might have missed in SWTOR, WOW, Soul Calibur V and Minecraft news recently.

This article was originally published in forum thread: February 7 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Curse Weekly Roundup, Blizzard Art started by chaud View original post
Comments 59 Comments
  1. Gruffertus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    Right, because getting the wannabe elitist forming the raid to believe that you're 6/7 hard modes on your main and really are good enough for his scrub pug is fun. Wake up. Achievements should have been account wide from the beginning.
    I don't believe that current content achievements are going to be account-wide for exactly that reason - the number of wipes I've seen because some idiot knows the fight in one role and has no idea on another is massive.
  1. chrth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    I don't believe that current content achievements are going to be account-wide for exactly that reason - the number of wipes I've seen because some idiot knows the fight in one role and has no idea on another is massive.
    I can't believe how many people make this mistake: just because they have the achievement does not mean they did it on the role they want to use. Ok, yes, if they're a pure dps class you know they did it on dps. But the Prot Warrior could've gotten it as Arms, the Holy Paladin as Ret, etc. None of the tank/heal classes are exclusive to one role. Restricting account-wide achievements on current content doesn't change that problem, so this argument isn't valid.

    ***
    "After the instance is cleared, Crimson Lifebinder now resurrects the non-player characters at Wyrmrest Temple, and they are fully functional"

    What if Crimson Lifebinder is dead?
  1. Sidone's Avatar
    Uhm Items Maw of the Dragonlord should now have its effect triggered by healing from Holy Word: Sanctuary Didn't they already add this? Or was it broken?
  1. risingforce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    What's up with the funky wanna-be youtube external player
    I presume it's metrics; so they can analyse what/when works -beyond YouTube's own'; that and the licensing structure which YouTube applies.

    Personally I've given up on these videos -not just the presenter, which was my first annoyance (like bullet to the head annoyance) -it's the content, too, which is presented in such an armature adhoc fashion that I feel patronised lest we forget that this is a profitable business here.

    Ps yay for a Creative Dev in the community, good move Blizz.
  1. crsh1976's Avatar
    I'm kinda floored by the lack of account-wide achievements at this point and their comment to prevent our "expectations" from going too far, bait & switch anyone?
  1. chrth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    I'm kinda floored by the lack of account-wide achievements at this point and their comment to prevent our "expectations" from going too far, bait & switch anyone?
    Nah, they just know that there's an entire subset of whiners that'll bitch if it turns out What A Long Strange Trip ... can't give you 310% flying on every single one of your accounts. It's always better to temper expectations until you know exactly what you're going to be able to do.
  1. crsh1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Nah, they just know that there's an entire subset of whiners that'll bitch if it turns out What A Long Strange Trip ... can't give you 310% flying on every single one of your accounts. It's always better to temper expectations until you know exactly what you're going to be able to do.
    For sure, but there's been very little development on that side, even if it means leaving some rewards out of the account-wide scheme for obvious reasons (but as you say, some people will whine no matter what); it just feels like they're letting it drift away for now, though.
  1. Greyvax's Avatar
    I don't believe that current content achievements are going to be account-wide for exactly that reason - the number of wipes I've seen because some idiot knows the fight in one role and has no idea on another is massive.
    There are still some of us non-retards who know how to play this simple game that want to get our alts in on pugs without having to convince the raid leader to take us based on having the achievement on our main
  1. Etheros81's Avatar
    I think this Account-Wide Achievements are gonna be similar to the guild ones, which is separate from the individual ones. I'm also assuming since they're making the pets/mounts account -wide, it makes sense to make those related achievements to be account-wide
  1. thehordemage's Avatar
    Account-wide achievements is a good thing - it shifts the focus from "character" to "account" and it's a great move for all types of players. Those who play the game casually can still "progress" their account as a whole by using various characters and those who play more seriously, be it hardcore raiding or competitive PvPing or just putting in more time across more characters, get the benefit of their efforts and time reflected across their account.
  1. BarosanuNr1's Avatar
    The maces in the 3rd picture look like the TBC bsmithing ones to me.
  1. usiris's Avatar
    Am I the only one who noticed the TM on soon?

    <_<
    >_>
  1. scelero's Avatar
    I personally think account wide achievements is a good thing. A good raid leader will still armory, inspect, kill history stats, etc.

    Actually, kill stats being account wide as well. That would be scary.
  1. Plotus's Avatar
    LOL at that picture of Pico. She is so gangster!
  1. lu's Avatar
    gangstress, huh?
  1. Sathanis's Avatar
    Blizzard Concept art is always so much cooler than the stuff Blizzard actually puts into production. FFFFUUU
  1. Rioo's Avatar
    Pice was a lot better this week, I hope she keeps working on it.
  1. Blimm's Avatar
    So glad they reduced this trash!!
  1. Lemons's Avatar
    It's weird how they're saying this is Wotlk concept art, and yet Stunherald is in there, which is a BC mace. Also, those other weapons are fricken awesome and why in the heck weren't the made into real weapons O.o

Site Navigation