WoW stabilizes over 10M subscribers, down 100k in Q4 2011
Activision Blizzard latest earning call revealed that World of Warcraft lost 100,000 subscribers last quarter, following the loss of 800k subscribers announced last quarter and 300k loss from the quarter before that. The game lost 1.8M Subscribers over the year but the number seems to stabilize over 10M and it wouldn't be surprising to see it go back up with the release of Mists of Pandaria this year.
World of Warcraft now has 10.2M active subscribers.
- World of Warcraft lost 100,000 subscribers, down to 10.2 million. This was a total lost of 1.8 million for the year.
- Diablo III should launch in Q2
- More than one million Annual Passes have been sold in the West.
- Blizzard is happy with how the subscription numbers held up during the most competitive quarter ever.
- When asked about churn since the competitor's launch, "December was a good month for us."
- There are ~50 million active Battle.net, Call of Duty multiplayer, Call of Duty Elite, and Skylanders WebWorld users.