MMO-Champion - Scroll of Resurrection Revamp - Free lvl 80 Character and more!
Update - People are wondering how newly level 80 characters will be able to do anything with their level 10 or level 20 gear. The answer is probably in the new ilvl 232 uncommon armor sets + weapons introduced a while back on Patch 4.3 PTRs. However, this is pure speculation and we should probably sit tight and wait for the official announcement.

Scroll of Resurrection Revamp - Free lvl 80 Character and more!
The new Scroll of Resurrection revamp seems to be on live servers and includes a free level 80 character and a free character/faction change for the person you're bringing back to the game! We will probably get more information from Blizzard very soon.

We can only assume that the Spectral Gryphon and Spectral Wyvern Mounts teaser from yesterday means people doing the recruiting also get nice perks.

Thanks to Kaeh for his forum post!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Scroll of Resurrection Revamp - Free lvl 80 Character and more! started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 453 Comments
  1. eemuman's Avatar
    Do you think that you can change your chars from alt accounts to main account? Got a few of them just lying around.
  1. BenBos's Avatar
    I don't care. I just play Wow and continue to do it my way.

    I even got diablo 3 and a nice flying mount for free.

    Stop pretending you care.

    Stop pretending you hate.

    You'll all spoil my fun in MoP again with your qq and hated whining.

    Go play the duds.
  1. Beerbear's Avatar
    I doubt it's coincidental that today marks the day Swtor is giving us a free-friend pass for 3 of our friends.... blizzard is stinking of desperation.
  1. Punks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Time to abuse the shit out of this and send myself a scroll for when MoP hits.

    Can you say, free level 80 Monk on release day?*

    I think so.*
    You are tripping if you think that will work....because it will not.
  1. scdogg44's Avatar
    Really 80? Why not just make it 85? Sometimes I wonder wtf goes though their heads. All this does is make me wonder if they are worried about sub losses for there pandas. Keep on making the game easier and boring blizzard. Your making a good noose for yourself.
  1. Ironpono's Avatar
    Next step a free to play model?
  1. Elapo's Avatar
    Since leveling is hard. FFS blizzard, really. I've seen free games do this, and ALWAYS wuz lyk : "lol, wutermelon? How lame is that?"

    And I, who thought it couldn't get worse...
  1. Djaye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemist View Post
    So is it just me or does it seem that this will cause players to skip out on the whole revamped 1-60 content? I guess the idea is that they'll make alts?
    the idea is to get people back and up to end game where their friends are, since that is where the content is that people actual play and focus on. if people wanted to come back for cata for the 1-60, they prolly would have done so when it came out. this is only to get old players whom have been gone awhile back into game without having to grind to get there. another amazing idea on blizz's part.
    the mounts alone are going to have people re-recruiting :P
  1. Pugzforhugz's Avatar
    Why are people bitching about the 1-60 and not knowing their class? Its a scroll of res for people who played before with existing chars. Did you quit in vanilla with a 60? oh no you missed the new 1-60 but the quick 80 would by pass this.... wait.... I'm already 60 and missed it anyway because I used to play and already had a 60? oh.... then this just lets me bypass old content for leveling where I don't pay attention and don't bother with dungeons/raids because the goal is to get to endgame content.*
    And as for not knowing the classes they still have 80-85 which still takes a significant chunk of gameplay and most likely as former players they already have a decent grasp of their chars.

    TLR Former players will already have a 60+ toon so the 1-60 revamp skip is moot. As a former player they will already have a basic grasp of their class.*
    Great move on blizzes part to*incentivise former players on the fence to come back and play.*
  1. jimlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Time to abuse the shit out of this and send myself a scroll for when MoP hits.

    Can you say, free level 80 Monk on release day?*

    I think so.*
    But...But...you wont know how to play your class
  1. Charblaze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is... this is.... oh god. I'm going to go ahead and put this in the "worst decision ever made" column.

    Let's try to name all the consequences...

    1. People will abuse this for free 80s, then cancel their current account.
    2. It leaves the door 10 miles open for selling characters flat out.
    3. A flood of clueless players at 85 will occur.
    4. It's a system that stands to get little use (most WoW haters are WoW quitters and vice versa) outside abuse.
    1. If "people" have another account that has been subbed to WoW before but has been unsubscribed for a while, WHY NOT?
    2. This is obviously not a good method to get 80 characters. It takes like a few weeks now adays. TO get an 80 character the scroll of resurrection way, you're gonna have to BUY AN ACCOUNT, be INACTIVE IN THAT ACCOUNT FOR MONTHS, come back and get free 80s. too much of a hassle for people in china.
    3. I'm pretty sure if you're reviving someone who hasn't played the game before they will remember how to do it lmao. Even if that happens why does this affect you?
    4. You have seen the sub decreases for the past few months that were posted on MMO champ. those people quit. This can get them back. I'm pretty sure millions of people is not "little use"

    rethink your hate, please. This is an amazing idea
  1. Kynrae's Avatar
    1-60 content levelling isn't the problem, 60-80 however is.
  1. Synche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randomdonk View Post
    The end of WoW has begun. There is no way but to the hell now. Im actually pleased because blizzard deserves this.
    Wtf are you talking about.

    This is great and gets people back to playing the game WITH THEIR FRIENDS and more incentive to do so.

    1-60 revamp was great... the first time. I have no desire to do it again or level another alt. Even with the revamp it is still a grind to level up, even if it is faster.

    Chances are any friends that are recruited already know how to play the game (not like its hard) and have already done 1-60 anyways.

    I personally think this should be an option for those that are subbed for a certain amount of time anyways. I would love to have an 85 of each class but the leveling makes me want to tear my eyes out.

    This is a great move by Blizzard, this will bring a fair number of people back and just before an expansion is released, this is a great marketing decision.

    WoW is not dying by any means, I may not log in as much right now but I have other priorities but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game as much as I used to.
  1. Supersonic's Avatar
    This doesn't mean that Blizzard is desperate. It means that they want people to have a stronger incentive to come back from the game if TOR wasn't their thing. And to people complaining about people not knowing their classes the time it takes to get from 80-85 takes about the same time as 1-60, leveling in WoW is nothing like PvP or PvE and most of the things you learn through leveling are irrelevant at max level. (Don't call me a fanboy. I no longer play wow anyway)
  1. Luminoth4's Avatar
    Remember when people were complaining about DKs starting at 55?
    I don't mind the boost to 80 (IF it is only a boost), but free faction change/ realm transfer? So many people are complaining about this issue, I can see many people quitting for a month or two just for it.

    Also, is it definately just a boost, not insta 80? The 232 item sets worry me, noobs galore
  1. SamR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Really 80? Why not just make it 85? Sometimes I wonder wtf goes though their heads. All this does is make me wonder if they are worried about sub losses for there pandas. Keep on making the game easier and boring blizzard. Your making a good noose for yourself.
    It seems pretty obvious to me. They boost you to 80 and give you Cata. They want you to level through the Cata zones. It makes much more sense than a boost to 85 where you skip all the Cata zones.
  1. Huggabear's Avatar
    I do not understand this at all so for quitting the game i get rewarded for being loyal i get nothing. A free bump to 80? they have been saying the reason there is no damn content is because they had to redo all the 1-60 quest zones. I have never seen a company ignore its paying customers so blatantly.
  1. Supersonic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    The 232 item sets worry me, noobs galore
    What is worrying about 232 item sets? that's Ulduar level gear
  1. BoomChickn's Avatar
    While a free level 80 seems a tad steep... this may be a way to circumvent the slow (gameplay wise) first twenty levels for people who left. Again, this isn't free, only for people who quit the game and are being brought back by a friend.
  1. Trinityblade's Avatar
    Not quite sure how I feel about this..But I just know I want the mount :-3.Never used any scrolls, so just PM me and I'll send them to you guys

Site Navigation