MMO-Champion - 100,000 Annual Pass Invites On Their Way
Diablo 3 - Diablo 3 API Planned For This year, Demon Hunter Beta Spells, Hallway Whiteboard, Book of Cain Art

100,000 Annual Pass Invites On Their Way
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We appreciate that everyone who signed up for the Annual Pass is genuinely excited about seeing the new content and helping us test it for release. We definitely want to get all Annual Pass holders into the beta test as soon as humanly (and technologically) possible.

To do so, we need to make sure that our new systems remain stable as we add players. If we let everyone in at the exact same time, we risk damaging the stability of the service, and then no one would be able to play. We can’t let everyone in at the same time; however, all Annual Pass holders will be invited before any opt-ins.

We’re in the process of sending 100,000 invites to Annual Pass holders, and we recommend keeping an eye on your email and Battle.net account for an invite to come explore Pandaria.

Rest assured that we WILL get all of our Annual Pass holders into the beta test. Thank you for the passion and support you’ve shown for the game, and please be patient with us as we continue driving hard toward finishing up Mists of Pandaria and getting it into your hands as quickly as possible.
This article was originally published in forum thread: 100,000 Annual Pass Invites On Their Way started by chaud View original post
Comments 642 Comments
  1. yatsuba's Avatar
    Gimme gimme
  1. Doomkaster's Avatar
    Guys, there is a ton of invites going out, don't worry. Think about how much 100,000 people are. Honestly, it's a ton and will take a while to send out every invite. Also, some invites come back, and they have to resend them tomorrow. So if you're tired, go to sleep and wait and see. Because if you don't get it, you'll regret it if you are tired of work or school tomorrow.
  1. Gheld's Avatar
    Since they are contractually obligated to give the QQers beta access eventually, they should go around picking and choosing the QQers to invite first just to get them out of the way. I'll wait a little longer for beta just to have them silenced. :P
  1. lolbubble's Avatar
    Does anyone know how many hours are left for this wave?
  1. mikencarly's Avatar
    I been playing wow from the start nonstop will i get in first wave or is it just random i have the annaul pass by the way.
  1. Vutar's Avatar
    I hope that whoever was in charge of beta has been fired already. They have known for months how many annual pass members they had. Yet they start beta with what 4 servers? Really? A couple week later and they still don't have everyone in? Is Bioware > Blizzard? Bioware handled their early access horribly but at least they had everyone in by the end of first week.
  1. Bluxwave's Avatar
    I wonder how long it takes the script to generate one account access
  1. Hinaaja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    hopefully this stops all the f...ing QQ threads now
    No, it doesn't. There will be still people without invite, and very likely bunch of them is the same wrath babies that have been crying about it so far.
  1. Frostyfire14's Avatar
    My friends who signed up for the AP after me are getting it first. /swiftrage
  1. Siberia's Avatar
    Got mine n___n
  1. Daverid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    I hope that whoever was in charge of beta has been fired already. They have known for months how many annual pass members they had. Yet they start beta with what 4 servers? Really? A couple week later and they still don't have everyone in? Is Bioware > Blizzard? Bioware handled their early access horribly but at least they had everyone in by the end of first week.
    Bioware's Early access was very different :S

    It was an official Game Launch .. They had Servers upon servers upon servers up ... It wasn't a Beta..

    I don't think you can really compare >.>
  1. Dril76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    ...as has been said before, it's about 10% of AP holders. Which is quite a lot to put into beta so soon.
    Completely agree with you, and this said just want to give Blizz my thumbs, continue the good and hard work...
  1. starkey's Avatar
    Gone from bitching threads, too i started at this date blah blah, who gives a shit what date u started playing.
  1. Dril76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    No, it doesn't. There will be still people without invite, and very likely bunch of them is the same wrath babies that have been crying about it so far.
    I hope you can read: "Rest assured that we WILL get all of our Annual Pass holders into the beta test."....
  1. Aethilus's Avatar
    I didn't read all 9 pages of this thread so it may have been asked and answered already but:

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We can’t let everyone in at the same time; however, all Annual Pass holders will be invited before any opt-ins.
    I have heard reports that some non-AP holders, aka opt-ins, had gotten their beta invites already, so is that quote accurate?
  1. Cybran's Avatar
    The last Ap holders will get in in 9 weeks at best maybe more. Beta will be 4 to 5 months MAX because they have to rush it before GW2 (like they did with rushing the bugged DS against SwToR)

    I dont see how someone would consider this "a slap in the face of QQers"

    I am QQer and i see them hopeless and shaking their head in desparation in the wake of the hopeless situation they are in.
  1. Valedus's Avatar
    Is there a way to check the exact date you started playing WoW? Out of curiousity. I'm decently sure I started in like summer of '05, but I want to be sure. :P
  1. Vutar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Bioware's Early access was very different :S

    It was an official Game Launch .. They had Servers upon servers upon servers up ... It wasn't a Beta..

    I don't think you can really compare >.>


    lol right. I sometimes wonder if people think at all when the post trying to defend Blizzard.
  1. Valedus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The last Ap holders will get in in 9 weeks at best maybe more. Beta will be 4 to 5 months MAX because they have to rush it before GW2 (like they did with rushing the bugged DS against SwToR)

    I dont see how someone would consider this "a slap in the face of QQers"

    I am QQer and i see them hopeless and shaking their head in desparation in the wake of the hopeless situation they are in.
    4-5 months wouldn't be a rushed beta... that's how long other betas have been for WoW games, with WAY less testers.
  1. Vutar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The last Ap holders will get in in 9 weeks at best maybe more. Beta will be 4 to 5 months MAX because they have to rush it before GW2 (like they did with rushing the bugged DS against SwToR)

    I dont see how someone would consider this "a slap in the face of QQers"

    I am QQer and i see them hopeless and shaking their head in desparation in the wake of the hopeless situation they are in.


    For me they have until my "second" 6 month payment is due. If i'm not in by then they don't get any money, that simple.

Site Navigation