MMO-Champion - Black Market Auction House Items, Diablo III Information Recap
Black Market Auction House Items
As a followup to yesterday's post, these are the items we have come across on the Black Market Auction House so far. Mounts seem to start at 20,000 gold, Armor at 10,000 gold, Pets at 10,000 gold, and Misc items at 10,000 - 15,000 gold.

The auctions last for 24 hours or more and the current bid cap is 214,748 gold. This cap could be increased in the future, just like the gold limit was increased. After winning, another item is not added to the auction house immediately. The number of items that are up for auction is not the same across all servers. There is no way to tell if these are placeholder items or not, so please wait for an official announcement before providing feedback!



Diablo III Information Recap
With a little over one day to go, now is the best time to catch up on all the information out there about Diablo III that you might have missed! Our friends over at Diablofans have been hard at work putting this massive recap together. Even if you know all about the game, there can easily be Blizzcon videos, trailers, pictures or many other things you may not have seen or have forgotten about!

Keep in mind this could be a bit of a spoiler to some. For example the final boss of the game was announced last year in an official interview. Information like that is placed without spoiler warnings. Monster Affixes is also listed in the Monster section. Other than that, any spoilers require you to click on a picture to see.


Diablo III - The Classes
Diablo III has only one returning class type - the Barbarian. The other four are new to Diablo III. Click the pictures below to get loads of information on each, such as facts, lore, rune skills, and other videos!







Diablo III - The Followers
The Followers are companions to the player which help him in combat with different skills and buffs. In their article you can find details about their stats, equipment, dialogue and videos for each.



Diablo III - The World
Same as the previous game, Diablo III will have 4 acts. The worlds are randomized just as Diablo II was with the exception of towns and major quest locations. Clicking on the areas will give you information on acts, locations, and level generation. Monsters will give you what we currently know about monsters, affixes and bosses. Quests will explain Blizzard's intentions with the questing system and give a summery of all known quests so far.





Diablo III - Items and the Auction House
Diablo III introduces a feature which hasn't been explored much in the gaming world - a Real Money Auction house, where you can buy and sell items from the game for real currency. Apart from that is a standard Gold Auction House. They have also included a huge summary of information about the Items in the game.




Diablo III - Game systems and Modes
Diablo III has many core changes from Diablo II. Skill and Runes particularly have had many changes made quite recently, which might have confused a lot of people. This can be fixed in the Skill and Runes article. Crafting is almost entirely new to the franchise. Magic Find includes lots of information about the popular stat and the new buff called Nephalem Valor. There is also major info on Multiplayer, PvP, Difficulties and the Hardcore mode.








Diablo III - Story and Achievements
There is also a small summary of the Diablo's storyline so far, plus lots of videos of all cinematics and information about books involved with the game. Also an important note, unlike the other articles the achievements is not so much a recap, as it is a FULL LIST, so SPOILER WARNING


This article was originally published in forum thread: Black Market Auction House Items, Diablo III Information Recap started by chaud View original post
Comments 153 Comments
  1. Turmoill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    runnin naxx with lvl70 was serious business!
    he was talking about ORIGINAL Naxx, note he said T3 not T7

    I remember the original being a real b*tch even with TBC, including the attument
  1. Nonslid's Avatar
    After reading about 50% of the comments here I get the impresion that people think EVERYONE and his/her aunt will have Ashes or t3 when this go live. Not EVERYONE can afford to spend 200-300 000 gold on something you don't need. The bids will be crazy, and going through the roof.

    The best part; this will fix the insane gold prices on things at normal AH, because this is the biggest gold sink ever invented. They will remove loads and loads of gold from the game by doing this, and then the market will be balanced again.

    And to all you "special snowflakes", grow up. It's just vanity items, I had t3 back in Vanilla. Got hacked and lost the account and everything on it. I wish I had t3 on my pala now for transmog, but I don't because of that incident several years back (Can't even remember why Blizz decided to not give me back my account, think I was stupid and used a BG Bot in Vanilla once or twice). Now if I decide I want to spend 200k on each t3 piece to get this look I can get it. (Thats a total of about 800-1000k gold to get it all)

    Is it still hard to believe that most people will be "special snowflakes" even after this BM AH comes? Not many people are willing to spend that insane amounts of gold to look special.

    GG Blizz, I love this idea.


    And the Diablo III info, must... resist... to... read...! CANT WAIT!
  1. Serissa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkt View Post
    Making items less rare = terrible. T3 Replicas will create a lot of sad pandas. I think this is stupid personally. Anyone who played back then worked hard for that gear... now blizzard seems to give more work to chinese farmers to sell more gold to player who want rare items.
    O'rly? Naxx60 @ 70 was walk in a park. My guild did it every week. We got 3 or 4 atieshes and countless t3 full sets.

    Just because something was removed for lore reasons doesn't make it "OMG awesome and unique". Be glad it's BMAH and not lvl60 token drops in lvl 80 naxx /muahahaha.
  1. Nonslid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    he was talking about ORIGINAL Naxx, note he said T3 not T7

    I remember the original being a real b*tch even with TBC, including the attument
    *Cough*t7 came in WotLK, aka lvl 80*cough*

    Alot of people farmed Naxx60 with lvl 70 raids to get those items. ALOT, atleast on my server.
  1. Keosen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    After reading about 50% of the comments here I get the impresion that people think EVERYONE and his/her aunt will have Ashes or t3 when this go live. Not EVERYONE can afford to spend 200-300 000 gold on something you don't need. The bids will be crazy, and going through the roof.

    The best part; this will fix the insane gold prices on things at normal AH, because this is the biggest gold sink ever invented. They will remove loads and loads of gold from the game by doing this, and then the market will be balanced again.
    I kmow at least 5 people near gold cap and numerous with over 100k gold including myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    And to all you "special snowflakes", grow up. It's just vanity items, I had t3 back in Vanilla. Got hacked and lost the account and everything on it.
    Your post is full of truth.

    And since most of you are against "special snowflake" (most of which have nothing unique) why not putting infinite Ashes for 1000g since there is no need for anyone to have something rare.
  1. Faithshield's Avatar
    I don't think the 'special snowflake' argument works as it seems to be purported by the top 10% of gold earners who... want to be special snowflakes by buying rare mounts?

    If we really want to undermine rare items we should just put them for sale at a flat low price. As it is, I can't help but feel people are being slightly hypocritical. Its just snowflakes vs. would be snowflakes.

    Yet by making them widely available, we will just end up devaluing the symbolic value placed on these items and ensure no one feels like special snowflakes by having them. Does that mean everyone wins? Or rather, does that mean everyone loses? :P
  1. lilbuddhaman's Avatar
    We should let veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan wars wear Vietnam War medals, because hey, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Why should vietnam veterans be special snowflakes?

    While there is a huge difference between real life, and "wow life", the argument is the same. And yes, you can go out to a costume shop or army PX and buy those same medals and pretend to be a war veteran IRL, but you'll also be treated like a PoS for doing that (also illegal IRL).

    To those wanting to wear T3, for whatever reason, I apply the same logic.

    YOU CAN'T CALL IT NAXX MANNNNN, YOU WEREN'T THERE!
  1. Snow White's Avatar
    Way to encourage buying gold blizzard. No need for new games, wow really will kill itself.
  1. Aerys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    We should let veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan wars wear Vietnam War medals, because hey, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Why should vietnam veterans be special snowflakes?

    While there is a huge difference between real life, and "wow life", the argument is the same. And yes, you can go out to a costume shop or army PX and buy those same medals and pretend to be a war veteran IRL, but you'll also be treated like a PoS for doing that (also illegal IRL).

    To those wanting to wear T3, for whatever reason, I apply the same logic.

    YOU CAN'T CALL IT NAXX MANNNNN, YOU WEREN'T THERE!
    A tour of duty in Afghanistan or Iraq is no more difficult today than Vietnam was then. That's the first point at which your argument falls completely apart. Secondly, you can go, as you said, and buy a replica medal if that's what you want to do. Thirdly, and this is the important one, which you did touch upon yourself: This is not real life. Nobody died raiding Naxx and it is of no importance to anyone that you went there, so your comparison holds no water. It's like saying YOU WEREN'T AROUND WHEN THE BEATLES WERE PLAYING SO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO THEIR ALBUMS.
  1. Nsira's Avatar
    Not even going to buy MoP, keeping annual pass to play wow while its still relatively fun, going to play alot of diablo, and no more wow, hopefully wowX5 will be interesting enough for me to come back to.
  1. UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    All the people saying they 'worked' for their T3 items make me LOL. Incredibly so.
    The only thing you did to get them when Naxx40 was current was play more than the average person. Nothing more.
    Those of you that got it at level 70 could pretty much just walk through Naxx40 to get it. There is nothing special about T3 items really.

    I didn't raid in Vanilla and didn't get any T3 items. Now, I don't even want them. T3 isn't even that good looking for most classes. As a hunter, I'll gladly give it a miss.
    I'll be saving my gold to fill in the gaps I have with mounts or pets.
  1. Nonslid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorayiel View Post
    Which game have you been playing?
    Are you really that stupid? This will only increase the goldseller spam and of course gold buyers from them. I myself know A LOT of peaple using farm bots and / or are buying tons of gold on ebay.
    Please show me where I mentioned gold sellers/buyers?
    This BM AH will remove alot of gold from the game, because people will pay 200-300k for an item, and no one gets that gold. Aka gold sink.

    I don't care if people use farm bots (crappy way to earn gold btw.) or buy gold on Ebay, it still works the same - Remove alot of gold from the game.

    I kmow at least 5 people near gold cap and numerous with over 100k gold including myself.
    5 people out of how many on that server? And 100k gold wont get you anything, those items gonna go for 200k. So thats about 5 of those friends of you who are able to buy them. Thats alot of players there.
  1. _Fire_'s Avatar
    Lets say 1000 people solo the eye this week, you can expect 10 Ashes, this is only 1 that will most likely only appear once a month. That's only 12 a year, more ashes are seen weekly on busy realms...
  1. Varabently's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorayiel View Post
    And that is exactly the point. It won't balance shit, it will make it worse. Where do you think people will go to get money back? Exactly, the norml ah. Prices will skyrocket and even more people will tend to gold sellers. wich at the end won't remove money from the game it will add even more. Given people are stupid enough to buy overprized shit.
    Removing money from circulation won't increase prices, it will decrease prices. You are implying that if we burned money in the US, it would could INFLATION? Printing money causes inflation, so burning money causes deflation. I don't see how essentially deleting gold out of the rich's hands is going to hurt the economy. Won't it just make them work more and create more cheap goods for everyone?
  1. Idletime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorayiel View Post
    And that is exactly the point. It won't balance shit, it will make it worse. Where do you think people will go to get money back? Exactly, the norml ah. Prices will skyrocket and even more people will tend to gold sellers. wich at the end won't remove money from the game it will add even more. Given people are stupid enough to buy overprized shit.

    Eight year olds, dude.

    Reading your posts are painful. If you are an adult with this level of writing ability, then I guess yes, I would like fries with my order and make sure you get my order right this time. I'd hate to have to report you to your manager again. Given this aspect of your capacity, I also want to let you know you have absolutely zero comprehension of economic principles as well. /havefunlife
  1. buggerlugs's Avatar
    its great that blizzard added something for the illegal gold sellers/buyers in this expansion
  1. Azutael's Avatar
    Has to be placeholder items, at least things like ashes of al'ar. I mean, are they serious? :P
    I don't have it myself, but. It's already common enough, imagine how common it will be if they plan on selling it for gold.

    So, let's say all those items are still there at release. What's the point of grinds, and rare drops then ?

    And there will just be more goldseller spam now... meh.
  1. xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Regarding this "Black Market AH" thing...
    I just want to clear something up.
    Ashes of Al'ar... the mount I farmed since TBC, and only JUST got it on my hunter about four months ago...
    Can be bought.

    -_-


    Blizzard, you're a fucking disgrace to the world. I fucking hate you, so much, and I hope you know that the onyl time I will play WoW is on private servers, where I don't have to give my money to assholes that screw me over after i actually WORK HARD for my shit.
    All that is left to be said is that Blizzard, you guys are fucking retards.

    Regards, Mexyragos.
  1. cerbdog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    Regarding this "Black Market AH" thing...
    I just want to clear something up.
    Ashes of Al'ar... the mount I farmed since TBC, and only JUST got it on my hunter about four months ago...
    Can be bought.

    -_-


    Blizzard, you're a fucking disgrace to the world. I fucking hate you, so much, and I hope you know that the onyl time I will play WoW is on private servers, where I don't have to give my money to assholes that screw me over after i actually WORK HARD for my shit.
    All that is left to be said is that Blizzard, you guys are fucking retards.

    Regards, Mexyragos.
    I guess being proud that you got it the way you did (without spending a ridiculous amount of gold on the black market) doesn't mean much? So, the whole point of you getting it to begin with was simply to have something that nobody else did. Not to have it because you thought it was cool and liked it and it was a challenge?

    That seems petty.
  1. Andrak's Avatar
    The black market does sound intriguing, but I fear that it might be the end of super rare mounts.

Site Navigation