New Recruit a Friend Mount: Obsidian Nightwing
Blizzard sent out an email today reminding people that have and unclaimed X-53 Touring Rocket from the current Recruit a Friend program to claim them before July 17th. After that date the new mount, Heart of the Nightwing, will be the reward for recruiting other players. This mount allows you to carry one other player on your back.
If you have a Rocket pending and would like this new mount, you need to leave the Rocket unclaimed to get the new mount when it is released.
Terrace of Endless Spring: Protectors of the Endless
Protectors of the Endless is the first encounter in the Terrace of Endless Spring raid.
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionTerrace of Endless Spring
Straddling the mountain range between the Jade Forest and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the Terrace of Endless Spring has been a sacred refuge for millennia. Its peaceful fountains are said to have the power to heal and rejuvenate, but when the Sha of Fear attacked, many of the complex's guardians turned on each other in fits of terror.
- Heroic: Protectors of the Endless - Defeat the Protectors of the Endless in Terrace of Endless Spring on Heroic difficulty.
- Power Overwhelming - Defeat the Protectors of the Endless with each protector as the last member alive on Normal or Heroic difficulty in Terrace of Endless Spring.
Protectors of the Endless
- Sha Corruption - Killing a member of the Protectors causes Sha Corruption to explode from their bodies and possess the remaining Protectors. Sha Corruption heals each Protector to their maximum health, increases their damage done by 25%, and grants them additional abilities.
- Protector Kaolan
- Touch of Sha - Protector Kaolan corrupts a player, inflicting 30,000 Shadow damage every 3 seconds until players defeat Protector Kaolan.
- Defiled Ground - Protector Kaolan uses this ability after gaining a single dose of Sha Corruption. Protector Kaolan desecrates the land beneath a player's location for the remainder of the fight, inflicting 100,000 Shadow damage every second and increasing damage taken from Defiled Ground by 0% for 45 sec. This effect stacks.
- Expel Corruption - Protector Kaolan uses this ability after gaining two doses of Sha Corruption. Protector Kaolan expels a mass of corruption at his location for the remainder of the fight, inflicting 100,000 Shadow damage to all players within 30 yards every 3 seconds. The damage of Expelled Corruption decreases as a player stands farther away from the source of corruption.
- Elder Regail
- Lightning Bolt - Elder Regail hurls a bolt of lightning at his current target, inflicting 100,000 Nature damage.
- Lightning Prison - Elder Regail imprisons 2 players in a field of lightning and stuns them. The Lightning Prison causes each player to inflict 75,000 Nature damage every second to all players within 7 yards. In 25 player Difficulty, Elder Regail imprisons 5 players.
- Lightning Storm - Elder Regail uses this ability after gaining a single dose of Sha Corruption. Elder Regail summons a Lightning Storm, creating several waves of lightning strikes. The first wave strikes at Elder Regail's location and then successive waves strike in a ring around him at 20, 40, 60 and 80 yards. Each strike inflicts 400,000 Nature damage to all players within 10 yards of Lightning Storm's impact.
- Overwhelming Corruption - Elder Regail uses this ability after gaining two doses of Sha Corruption. Corruption overwhelms Elder Regail, inflicting 30,000 Shadow damage to all players every 3 seconds and increases their damage taken from Overwhelming Corruption by 5%. This effect stacks.
- Elder Asani
- Water Bolt - Elder Asani hurls a bolt of water at a random player's location, inflicting 95,000 Nature damage to all players within 3 yards of the targeted location.
- Cleansing Waters - Elder Asani summons a globe of Cleansing Waters at a Protector's location. When the globe reaches the ground, it heals all targets within 4 yards for 5% of their total health every second. Targets also receive 50% additional healing from all sources for 30 sec.
- Corrupted Waters - Elder Asanil uses this ability after gaining a single dose of Sha Corruption. Elder Asani summons a globe of Corrupted Water that empowers all Protectors, granting them 100% melee and casting speed until destroyed.
- Purified - Destroying the Corrupted Waters grants all players within 15 yards the Purified effect, increasing melee, ranged and spell casting speed by 100% for 20 sec.
- Overwhelming Corruption - Elder Asani uses this ability after gaining two doses of Sha Corruption. Corruption overwhelms Elder Asani, inflicting 30,000 Shadow damage to all players every 3 seconds and increases their damage taken from Overwhelming Corruption by 5%. This effect stacks.
- Minion of Fear - Minions of Fear pour from the Terrace of Endless Spring, pursuing the Protector with the lowest remaining health.
- Corrupted Essence - When a Minion of Fear dies, it infects the 2 closest players with Corrupted Essence, increasing their damage done by 10% for 2 min. This effect stacks up to 10 times. If Corrupted Essence ever reaches 10 stacks, the player replaces the Corrupted Essence effect with the Essence of Fear. In 25 player Difficulty, Corrupted Essences infect the 5 closest players.
- Essence of Fear - The Essence of Fear inflicts 250,000 Shadow damage to all players within 30 yards.
- Greater Corrupted Essence - When a Minion of Fear reaches a Protector, it fills them with Greater Corrupted Essence, increasing their damage done by 10% for 2 min. This effect stacks up to 10 times. If Greater Corrupted Essence ever reaches 10 stacks, the Protector replaces the Greater Corrupted Essence effect with the Greater Essence of Fear.
- Greater Essence of Fear - The Greater Essence of Fear inflicts 500,000 Shadow damage to all players and horrifies them for 3 sec.
Beta Class Balance Analysis
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Blizzard Entertainment Storms San Diego For Comic-Con 2012
Blizzard Games News
Pico is back with an update on WoW, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2!