MMO-Champion - Legendary Questline Update, Character Creation Gear, Blue Posts, Weekly Roundup
Update: It appears Accession (US-Stormreaver) was able to kill the Grand Empress Shek'zeer and confirm that a single Sigil of Wisdom dropped. The first person to loot the boss with the quest got it.

Also, don't forget that you could originally get Elementium Gem Cluster from LFR on the Patch 4.3 PTR, which turned out to be a bug. When introducing the Raid Finder, Blizzard said "Also, there are certain items, as well as components for legendary weapons, which will not drop in Raid Finder raids".

Diablo III Hotfixes for August 3rd - Rubberbanding

Legendary Questline Update
After meeting Wrathion and sharing a drink with him, he gives you a quest that requires you to collect Sigil of Power x 10 and Sigil of Wisdom x 10.

When LFR opened for testing tonight, we found that Sigil of Power drops from every boss 100% of the time. It appears as a quest objective in the tooltips for most bosses in Raid Finder difficulty, but drops from all of the bosses that have been killed so far.

Earlier today, we saw that Sigil of Wisdom appeared as a quest objective on Grand Empress Shek'zeer's tooltip in 25 Man Normal Difficulty Heart of Fear. Unfortunately, no one was able to kill her to confirm that it actually drops. Keep in mind that this is beta and things can change in the future and may not be working as intended.

Once 10 of each Sigil has been collected, Warthion sends you into the Terrace of Endless Spring to defeat the Sha of Fear. Before entering the Terrace of Endless Spring, you must have completed the Heart of Fear raid. Upon defeating the Sha of Fear you will loot a Chimera of Fear from him and bring it back to Wrathion.

When the items that you collected are combined, you will be able to choose from a Crystallized Dread, Crystallized Horror, or Crystallized Terror gem. These gems are unique equipped, and go into a Sha-Touched socket in the weapons below. These weapons drop from bosses in Terrace of the Endless Spring and the last boss of Heart of Fear.

Sha-Touched Weapons

Level Type Spec Slot Name Dropped From Dropped In
509Two-handed AxeMeleeTwo HandShin'ka, Execution of DominionSha of FearTerrace of Endless Spring
509GunPhysical DPSRangedTaoren, the Soul BurnerLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
509One-handed SwordMeleeOne HandKilrak, Jaws of TerrorSha of FearTerrace of Endless Spring
509One-handed SwordSpell DPSOne HandLoshan, Terror IncarnateTsulongTerrace of Endless Spring
509StaffPhysical DPSTwo HandGao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary ProtectorTsulongTerrace of Endless Spring
509StaffSpell DPSTwo HandJin'ya, Orb of the WaterspeakerLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
509DaggerPhysical DPSOne HandSpiritseverLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
509One-handed MaceSpell DPSMain HandKri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the SwarmGrand Empress Shek'zeerHeart of Fear
509Fist WeaponPhysical DPSOne HandClaws of Shek'zeerGrand Empress Shek'zeerHeart of Fear
Level Type Spec Slot Name Dropped From Dropped In
496Two-handed AxeMeleeTwo HandShin'ka, Execution of DominionSha of FearTerrace of Endless Spring
496GunPhysical DPSRangedTaoren, the Soul BurnerLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
496One-handed SwordMeleeOne HandKilrak, Jaws of TerrorSha of FearTerrace of Endless Spring
496One-handed SwordSpell DPSOne HandLoshan, Terror IncarnateTsulongTerrace of Endless Spring
496StaffPhysical DPSTwo HandGao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary ProtectorTsulongTerrace of Endless Spring
496StaffSpell DPSTwo HandJin'ya, Orb of the WaterspeakerLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
496DaggerPhysical DPSOne HandSpiritseverLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
496One-handed MaceSpell DPSMain HandKri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the SwarmGrand Empress Shek'zeerHeart of Fear
496Fist WeaponPhysical DPSOne HandClaws of Shek'zeerGrand Empress Shek'zeerHeart of Fear
Level Type Spec Slot Name Dropped From Dropped In
483Two-handed AxeMeleeTwo HandShin'ka, Execution of DominionSha of FearTerrace of Endless Spring
483GunPhysical DPSRangedTaoren, the Soul BurnerLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
483One-handed SwordMeleeOne HandKilrak, Jaws of TerrorSha of FearTerrace of Endless Spring
483One-handed SwordSpell DPSOne HandLoshan, Terror IncarnateTsulongTerrace of Endless Spring
483StaffPhysical DPSTwo HandGao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary ProtectorTsulongTerrace of Endless Spring
483StaffSpell DPSTwo HandJin'ya, Orb of the WaterspeakerLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
483DaggerPhysical DPSOne HandSpiritseverLei ShiTerrace of Endless Spring
483One-handed MaceSpell DPSMain HandKri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the SwarmGrand Empress Shek'zeerHeart of Fear
483Fist WeaponPhysical DPSOne HandClaws of Shek'zeerGrand Empress Shek'zeerHeart of Fear


Don't forget that this is only part of the questline, as it continues when war comes to Pandaria in Patch 5.1! There are also achievements that hint at the questline continuing in patches that come after 5.1. We also haven't seen a source confirmed yet for Breath of the Black Prince or the legendary icons below.



Icon Name Icon Name Icon Name Icon Name
Legendary Axe Legendary Fist Weapon Legendary Gun Legendary Knife
Legendary Mace Legendary Shield Legendary Staff Legendary Sword

Name Side Points Reward Category
Chapter I: Trial of the Black Prince
Prove your worth to Wrathion and acquire a sha-touched gem upgrade.

25

Pandaria
Chapter II: Wrathion's War
[Coming in Patch 5.1...]

25

Pandaria
Chapter III: Two Princes
[Coming Soon...]

25

Pandaria
Chapter IV: Judgement of the Black Prince
[Coming Soon...]

25

Pandaria


New Character Creation Preview Gear
This build finally finished adding the last of the new character creation gear used in the preview. This is not the gear that your character will get when starting the game, but the gear that is used to show you what a higher level character will look like. Keep in mind that this is beta and things can always change!



Beta Class Balance Analysis
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Pretty much this...for some reason devs think most progression guilds are quite happy to bring an underperforming player to a progression fight (Obviously none of them are in progression oriented guilds).
Actually, several designers have been farming Heroic Madness of Deathwing (some on 25, some on 10), for over 6 months. Some of them are in very performance-intensive guilds too, that definitely adjust raid comp based on individual performance above all else. In any event, you don't make a stronger case for yourself by arguing that the designers must lack your experience. And, as has been stated multiple times, this thread is for discussing numbers and mechanics, not making anecdotal accusations.

The point is this: Would your raiding developers ever bring the MoP Affliction Warlock to a unnerfed Heroic Spine-like fight? Desto and Affliction locks did not have competitive burst. Demo lock was there as the buff bot and actually did pretty decent damage as long as the lifts were no often than every 2 minutes.

Current Affliction damage is fairly stable until execute, with no real spikes or troughs. We still cannot bring competitive burst, unless my sims are incorrect. We will be sat for these encounters or respec, just like we were in Cata. Oh and we will be sat for AoE fights as well since things will be dead before we even get going. Spine left some pretty deep scars I must admit.

Heroic Spine is an extremely skewing fight, as it forced you to value 20-second burst damage every 1:30 to 2:00 over just about everything else. It’s no surprise when that does unfortunate things to class/spec balance. We try to balance different specs to do similar sustained damage, but allow them to have different strengths and weaknesses, such as burst potential. One of the class designers (who also happens to be a raid leader in a 25-player raid progression guild) says that if there were a similar encounter in Mists of Pandaria, he would definitely ask his warlocks to switch to Destruction, given that Destruction’s potential 20-second burst is incredibly high. Warlocks would definitely not be sat in that situation.

It seems that Halo and Divine Star have a DR now... is it at "beyond 6", similar to Sanct/Healing Rain?
Yes; we recently did a pass on making sure that new AoEs were appropriately following our standard AoE capping rules (10 targets for damage, 6 targets for heals). There were a number of Monk AoEs and a few other class level 90 talents affected, I believe.

Death Knight (Forums)
In the current beta build when an unholy death knight uses blood boil (speced into Rolling Blood), blood runes don't turn into death runes (Reaping effect). Just an obvious bug which we can hopefully see fixed in a later build.
Fixed for the next build.

Hunter (Forums)
After some discussion with a fellow hunter, I have been questioning the worth of Focus Fire. In its current state, it seems that casting Focus Fire could actually result in a net DPS loss, based on information gained using Zeherah's sim and personal observations.
We did notice this and have buffed it a bit, but that change didn’t make the build you’re just now getting. I believe the amount of haste it grants your character went up to 6% and we might need to increase it further. It should be a significant DPS increase, not just break even.

Hunter level 90 talents (glaive shot, etc.) appear not to be triggering Marksman mastery. Is that intended?

Murder of crows benefits from BM mastery, but Dire Beast does not. What's the intent here (e.g., presumably Lynx Rush benefits from it)?

The Hunter level 90 talents should trigger Wild Quiver, with the exception that Barrage has 1/6th the normal proc rate (so that it isn’t overwhelmingly dominant for Marksmanship).

The next build will include a new version of Murder of Crows. It’s mostly a mechanic and visual change; the damage should remain roughly the same, including being affected by Master of Beasts. Dire Beast will also be affected by Master of Beasts in the next build (so that the entire talent row is consistently affected by it).

Paladin (Forums)
Latest finds from doing hitting dummies for an hour.
  • Judgment can be dodge/parried from 30 yds away
  • Hammer of the Righteous is really bugged.
  • Nova is doing only 1-2 damage at several AP levels
  • It really only hits for 0 yds.
These are simple bugs, and are fixed for the next build. Also, a clarification on the previous update about Judgment and its interaction with seals: Seal of Truth will affect Judgment (both damage and Censure application). The other seals will not.

Warlock (Forums)
Another bug which may confuse Affliction warlocks in the current beta build is Malefic Grasp’s interaction with spell haste. It is appropriately getting its period reduced by haste, but the channel bar is incorrectly still 4 seconds long. The debuff it applies is the accurate duration. It should not gain additional ticks with additional haste. The channel bar will be fixed in the next build.

Sorry but I am confused. Can you please explain this a little better? Are you saying that the MG ticks benefit from haste but the extra dot damage is still every 1 second? Or are you saying something else?
No, the extra DoT ticks are directly tied to the MG damage ticks. The bug is simply that the channel bar UI is not being affected by haste. The gameplay functionality is correct.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
World Boss Availability
I understand that Mogushan Vaults is going to be out a week after the xpac drops, but what about the 2 world bosses? Will those be spawning and killable the week of the xpac?
Yes, world bosses will be available on day 1. Oh, the days of trying to down Azuregos. September 25 is going to be epic! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Teleports Rewarded by Gold Medal Challenge Modes
They share a cooldown with each other, but not with the hearthstone or other player spells like shaman Astral Recall or mage Teleport. Whenever you complete a challenge mode, this shared cooldown is reset. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR Rewards and Difficulty
While LFR difficulty requires less coordination and organization than normal raids, it still generally takes more effort than completing a heroic. Therefore, shouldn't the rewards be greater?

Also, I think people generally like the normal dungeon>heroic>LFR>normal raid setup. Removing a step would give people less diversity. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Content Difficulty and Consumption Speed
As my son (Lambey) pointed out a number of times, releasing LFR this early into a patch means content gets done on week 2 its out.
personally me AND my son feel the schedule needs to be adjusted to the following:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart. LFR difficulty for Mogu'shan Vaults opens.
November 6: Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.
November 27: Lfr for Heart Opens.
December 11: Lfr for Terrace Opens.

This means that even a month later, the content has NOT been burnt out by the casual gamers. it also allows raiders to feel somewhat superior as they are seeing content others arent, while also providing incentive for players to at least TRY normal mode raids!

If others want to try and burn the content in two weeks through LFR. How is your gaming experience diminished by it? I can't honestly understand what's the big deal on people that isn't you doing something that you don't want to do. I mean, what could you possibly do when someone that is not you storms Mogu'shan Vaults on the LFR...

it also allows raiders to feel somewhat superior as they are seeing content others arent
Perhaps we should just tell the devs that we should close all raids until the Top 10 guilds clear them on heroic, so that they can feel superior to everyone else as they are seeing content that you, the raiders not-as-good-as-them aren't seeing. Does it make sense?

Again you come back to a frankly stupid and absurd statement about locking content till the top 10 guilds kill it....I mean why do you have such a problem with players doing stuff that others cannot?
Do you mean that the argument of locking "casuals" from LFR so that raiders can feel superior because they aren't doing that content is fine, but that same example applied in a higher level is wrong? Both situations are the same, just applied at a different scale.

I don't have a problem with players doing stuff that others cannot, I have a problem with proclaiming that locking others so someone can feel superior is a good thing (and regardless, what I may have problems with is irrelevant to this discussion, is not me who decides what's wrong and what's not).

Have you never looked at a player in full gear beyond your skill levels or content and thought wow I want to look like that someday.
No, never. Back in the old days I remember looking at a T1 geared player, and my reaction was something along the lines of "that armor is cool, I wonder how long it'll take me before getting to reach the place where I can get that". And the only reason that particular player caught my attention was because he was playing the same class than me.

For a lot of people clearing things on a higher difficulty is not content.
The developers consider the Normal-Heroic transition to be part of the raiding progression. Of course, it's your choice to decide if you want to go and deal with Heroic content or not.

What most are advocating in this thread is not to remove content from casuals, it’s to ensure that their content lasts longer and that they will learn and become better from their gaming experience.
I'm quite sure that the "casuals" can handle themselves in what they want and how they want it, and they don't need parenting from "hardcore" players. And what I mean is, the goal, probably, is having fun, right?

If that's the goal, then it's probably best to worry about how you can have fun yourself, and point out the flaws there, point out what doesn't let you have fun, without factoring in what other players do. That's something we can send to the developers. But judging how others should have fun is certainly not going to get us anywhere.

But parently by nerfing is different somehow?
The debuff is a design decission made by the developers based on the data they have. In the other hand, the players that say how the game should be for others only have their opinion. And opinions are great, as long as you don't try to turn them into facts.

Loads of people are trying here, including me, but somehow you seem hellbent on telling me that I play for gear, status and titles.
That you're playing for gear, status and titles is not a bad thing (if that is your case), the issue comes from saying that the only way those things are worth it is preventing others from getting it.

I'm not having fun by the highest tier of raiding being watered down. I'm telling you, since you are our relay to the devs and designers. Please take note of it, since your arguements are based on some kind of assumpion of pride, while it really isn't. In fact, that shows only your personal view of the matter. Take one step back and look at it more objectively.
Hopefully the Cutting Edge FoS will give a reason to you and your guildmates (if they don't share that view with you) to go and tackle the content without any debuffs.

We post because we care (I hope). Just look at how (relatively) civil this 200 page thread still is. People take it serious. Perhaps you should to. Think. Reread, and only then post.
I take it seriously, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here anymore. Actually, from this thread we've gathered useful feedback, and questions, that were forwarded to the developers.

One thing, just as an example, was that some players here pointed out they feel the Power of the Aspects kicked in too early for them. The developers are happy with the point in time at which it was introduced. The timing of each increment of the debuff is completely driven by data. When they see participation and progress declining across the board because of "brick walls" on some bosses, they introduce the nerf to encourage those players to come back and keep trying. And every time they've done it they've seen the participation in Dragon Soul increase exponentially in comparison to previous weeks.

So, with that in mind, it might be an aswer you like or one you don't. But, it is an answer (along with others we've shared) that came due to threads like this (and, as you remarked, its mostly civil tone). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Tabard Reputation Rewards
The point is some people like how their character looks, and gaining rep with x factions forces you to wear different tabards you might not like (if you choose to gain rep via dungeons).
Just as an update, we're going to change the whole tabard system with MoP, so this shouldn't be an issue any longer.
We're fixing this in Mists of Pandaria by removing the whole concept of tabards providing reputation bonuses.

Of course we're still in beta and things can always change... (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Spells in PvE vs PvP
I think some of you are making big assumptions about how the spell data work. I realize that the mechanics behind our data can quite obtuse, but you'll just have to trust me that having two sets of numbers is just more risk than one. It is a risk worth taking sometimes, but it is a risk. Set bonuses, talents, tooltips, basically everything that can modify a spell need to modify two spells instead. There are opportunities for bugs to creep in, and long term players know how many strange bugs or quirks show up in character spells already.

(Armchair programmers at thIs point can argue how our data structure *should* be set up, but you'll also just have to trust me that it's probably a more complex problem than you give it credit for.)

In any case, I'm also not convinced at all that even if we could easily manage two different sets of numbers that it would really solve the problem. I think sometimes in players' minds, they say "Man, I just can't kill anyone in PvP. It is a truth universally acknowledged that my dude's PvP damage is too low, but Blizzard can't buff it because I do well in PvE." The shortcoming in that logic of course is that the truth is rarely universally acknowledged, and in the case of PvP there aren't even logs or target dummies to look at. In some cases your damage is just fine and it's not the game rules holding you back. In some cases you lost not because the deck was stacked against you, but because you got outplayed.

I'm not saying there aren't PvP balance issues. There are and there may always be. But I also don't think players would suddenly become much more objective about their own personal skill just because we adjusted more numbers independently. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Class Changes Discussion
I know it may come as a shock, but this forum is not our sole conduit though which to monitor player feedback. The twin strategies of "shh, don't admit we're overpowered" and "shh, don't let them know we're happy" are about as transparent as you would imagine. I would suggest leaving the psychological warfare at home and just be honest about how you feel (and as I said above, backing it up with evidence of some kind is vastly more helpful to us).

We had just been discussing whether it would be better to warn players that some nerfs were coming and let them worry themselves to death, or to just make the changes and have players be surprised. Conveniently, this thread came along.... (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warrior (Forums)
New Enrage Graphic
It was an experiment. We're not crazy about it and the player response has been negative overall, so we're going to revert it. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Pet Battle Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Weakened by Capture
We have made a few adjustments to the both the weakened by capture pets and the overall XP curve. Details below!

  • Catching any pet level 15 or under retains its current level.
  • Catching a level 16-20 pet will lose 1 level.
  • Catching a level 21-25 pet will lose 2 levels.
  • We have dramatically reduced the XP required to level for pets after level 10.

Thanks for all of your feedback on this stuff guys. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Healing Pets is Getting Old
We have reduced the cool down to 10m in the next build. Don't forget you can get single use heals in the Sack of Pet Supplies from the Tamer dailies as an alternative to using the Stable Master or your Revive spell. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Northrend Tamer
When can we expect this achievement to be fixed? as it stands right now, there are still no battle pets in Crystalsong Forest so this achievement is currently unobtainable.
Good catch! This is fixed in the next build. Thanks for the report. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Microscopic crabs.
Is there a specific reason as to why every wild crab that I run into is almost microscopic? I wouldn't mind capturing one, but I would at least like to see the pet that I'm using.
This is fixed in the next build. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Revive Battle Pets Exploit?
This is a good thread, here are a few of our thoughts:

Healing pets to full after every battle is not a change we are interested in making. We want to encourage players to not only win a battle, but to win by taking the least amount of damage or by using pet heals in a smart way. Attrition is a driving part of the gameplay and it won't be going away anytime soon. We do have tunable factors that we will continue to watch though. (Battle Recovery, Revive spell cooldown & pet bandages)

In regards to the Revive Pets spell, we have just reduced the cooldown to 10m for the next build. (Down from 15m) We will keep a close eye on the feedback and continue to monitor how often players are using the Stable Master to heal. The Stable Master should be a fallback, not a requirement. We know the pet bandages are a bit too sparse right now too, we are going to amp that up as well to help fill in the gaps.

Finally, the cool-up's that we added to the heal spells (both the player and stable master) are to deal with exploit cases of players using multiple characters/accounts to avoid cooldowns. We used 3 minutes as a baseline since most players can fly to one in that amount of time from pretty much anywhere on a full speed mount.

Thanks for all the feedback, we are listening! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Curse Weekly Roundup
Pico is back with the Curse Weekly Round Up. She covers Dragons Dogma, SWTOR going free to play, Battlefield, EA, Mists of Pandaria, Minecraft, and our indie highlight Awesomenauts

This article was originally published in forum thread: Legendary Questline Update, Character Creation Gear, Blue Posts, Weekly Roundup started by chaud View original post
Comments 161 Comments
  1. sulfuric's Avatar
    That back and fourth about this game being forever catering to casuals is sickening, I have hardly any words for it and am eternally grateful I quit this mire of a title.
  1. Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Please blizzard turn the legendary into epic so morons with ego problems stop complaining, the fact is it's a great idea especially to have the quest chain continue through the patches.
  1. Rorcanna's Avatar
    Ugh...there sits random people without a single clue when it comes to game design, and feel butthurt that they can't login and feel speciulz and epic knowing that OTHERS have no or a very small chance of obtaining the same stuff that they have...I mean, what's WRONG with those whingers? The blue is making reasonable, unbiased and understanding arguments based upon what this game is, seen from the eyes of many different playstyles, and yet these people just keep going on that they should exclude a huge part of the playerbase to let THEM feel good about themselves...because that's what makes them enjoy the game appearantly, knowing that they're among very few. Surely the same type of people who will sit on a rare mount in Stormwind/Org and e-peening but then as soon as someone ELSE shows up on said mount, change to a different rare mount...pathetic.

    It's just as the Blue says, these people SHOULD just play the game and enjoy themselves based upon their own progression and rewards, and not worry so bloody hard about what others can or can't access...I'd hate to encounter any of these people IRL, they seem rotten to the core. And by the way, IMAGINE the QQ if these so-called "hardcore" players (even I often have more progression than most of them, and I'm very much casual in time but not playstyle) were to be stumped by the TRULY pro and hardcore guilds...only the 10 first guilds able to down heroic content within the first month of release gets to experience it, after that it gets locked. Hah.
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    to destroy any image of heroic raiders:

    I have been an hardcore raider (top 3 of my server), and I love the fact that LFR can get legendaries as well. You want to know why? Because it doesn't make my pixels worth any less. I still do the same tanking, the same healing, and the same dps.

    To all the other so called " real raiders that do deserve legendaries and anyone else doesn't ". What does it matter to you, if you are good, you will get the better one, if you aren't you will get the LFR one. Either way, you're not affected in any way, shape or form.
    Sorry but you're wrong.

    You don't destroy the image of heroic raiders, you RESTORE the image of heroic raiders that like what Joe casual gets, b/c they realize a paying Joe casual = more funds for future raids = more fun for both parties.

    As a raider I say:
    Thank you.
  1. lewisderp's Avatar
    I hope the Legendary through LFR thing is only a beta thing. Jesus christ that would suck.
  1. Thenamedosentfi's Avatar
    Legendaries from LFR is actually well thought out as you wont be able to do the first LFR it until 2 weeks after release and then a further 4 weeks for the chimera of fear etc. counting on the fact that this drops in LFR. Although i am still dissapointed at the fact that you could say (if you dont have all ten of the things), do it on normal and get x amount and then do it on RF and get another x of the 10 needed which means you could quite easily have it in 1-2 weeks and then all you hve to do is wait for the next raids :P aswell not really pumped about a gem tbh but otherwise looking forward to it
  1. lewisderp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ugh...there sits random people without a single clue when it comes to game design, and feel butthurt that they can't login and feel speciulz and epic knowing that OTHERS have no or a very small chance of obtaining the same stuff that they have...I mean, what's WRONG with those whingers? The blue is making reasonable, unbiased and understanding arguments based upon what this game is, seen from the eyes of many different playstyles, and yet these people just keep going on that they should exclude a huge part of the playerbase to let THEM feel good about themselves...because that's what makes them enjoy the game appearantly, knowing that they're among very few. Surely the same type of people who will sit on a rare mount in Stormwind/Org and e-peening but then as soon as someone ELSE shows up on said mount, change to a different rare mount...pathetic.

    It's just as the Blue says, these people SHOULD just play the game and enjoy themselves based upon their own progression and rewards, and not worry so bloody hard about what others can or can't access...I'd hate to encounter any of these people IRL, they seem rotten to the core. And by the way, IMAGINE the QQ if these so-called "hardcore" players (even I often have more progression than most of them, and I'm very much casual in time but not playstyle) were to be stumped by the TRULY pro and hardcore guilds...only the 10 first guilds able to down heroic content within the first month of release gets to experience it, after that it gets locked. Hah.
    You're kinda taking it to the extreme, no one mentions locking raids out completely to the less-skilled players. I just personally don't like the idea that in a MMO people don't want to work for their reward. Instead of risk=reward, the game is turning into queue=reward, and I don't like that. I'll wait till mists has been out for a month or two before I judge their model for this expansion though.
  1. freakologic's Avatar
    hey can we have a screenshot of the addon list from this awesome guy who uploaded those 3 screenshots of sigil of power quest? that would be great! thank you!
  1. looorg's Avatar
    What I'm wondering is if you can remove the hydralic gem from the weapon and use if when you get a new weapon or if you want to go, and can, get a new one either thru questing/grinding together a new one or if you can go to Wrathion and ask him for another or swap in the old weapon and get the gem back or something? Otherwise this is going to be a tad annoying as in "I used it on my LFR/Normal weapon and now I have the heroic weapon but nothing to socket ..."
  1. bbr's Avatar
    The rogue set looks like a rehashed bloodfang
  1. tlacoatl's Avatar
    high level character gear preview? Nice to see wow lifting stuff straigh from Rift, if they keep this up they may manage to keep a few more subs.
  1. Bovan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    The rogue set looks like a rehashed bloodfang
    That T1 actually, the Nightslayer set.
  1. UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    You're kinda taking it to the extreme, no one mentions locking raids out completely to the less-skilled players. I just personally don't like the idea that in a MMO people don't want to work for their reward. Instead of risk=reward, the game is turning into queue=reward, and I don't like that. I'll wait till mists has been out for a month or two before I judge their model for this expansion though.
    I think the point there is that YOU don't like it. Meaning it is simply your opinion.
    I'm sure a great many people DO like it.

    The whole premise of that forum post you're talking about is quite simply to make things too hard for 'casuals'. Which in turn lets these jumped up raiders that may well have a good raid team and be able to actually do heroic bosses brag about that fact to those players that don't have that kind of luck. Not every player has the same benefits as each other. Every player is of a different skill level and saying that keeping the raids hard will get casuals to put the time in to get better at the game is actually quite laughable. A 'casual' player is casual simply because they don't have that kind of time to put into a game. I know casual players that are still in the top guilds on my server. People have lives. Not everyone can sink 5+ hours into a game ever day. The majority of casual players will simply not raid at all if that difficulty is there. And I'm sorry but, if I was a developer and I'd put in all that content that we'll be seeing in MoP, I'd want every last person to have a solid chance of seeing what I made despite them not having loads of time to see it.

    Hardcore players and wannabe hardcore players, are simply a minority. The casual playerbase is the VAST majority and Blizzard know this.
  1. zarzer's Avatar
    It's unfair that there's no stamina gem. We feral druids will be forced to use the legendary agility gem.
  1. Nobleshield's Avatar
    Funniest part of the blue posts was the guy who was like "You should lock out the casuals for a while so raiders can see the content first" and then had no comeback when it was "How about we lock the content for YOU until the Top 10 clear it, so they can see the content first". Hilarious. It shows these people are nothing but spoiled brats.
  1. lewisderp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think the point there is that YOU don't like it. Meaning it is simply your opinion.
    I'm sure a great many people DO like it.

    The whole premise of that forum post you're talking about is quite simply to make things too hard for 'casuals'. Which in turn lets these jumped up raiders that may well have a good raid team and be able to actually do heroic bosses brag about that fact to those players that don't have that kind of luck. Not every player has the same benefits as each other. Every player is of a different skill level and saying that keeping the raids hard will get casuals to put the time in to get better at the game is actually quite laughable. A 'casual' player is casual simply because they don't have that kind of time to put into a game. I know casual players that are still in the top guilds on my server. People have lives. Not everyone can sink 5+ hours into a game ever day. The majority of casual players will simply not raid at all if that difficulty is there. And I'm sorry but, if I was a developer and I'd put in all that content that we'll be seeing in MoP, I'd want every last person to have a solid chance of seeing what I made despite them not having loads of time to see it.

    Hardcore players and wannabe hardcore players, are simply a minority. The casual playerbase is the VAST majority and Blizzard know this.
    I dislike a game which has turned from a game into a queue simulator, sucks to have my opinion right? :P

    Indeed, I just think it's a shame that a game is turning into less of a game and more into a queue and do nothing for a gold medal :/

    The fact that you can get better gear from LFR than from Dungeons, when dungeons are harder, is quite shocking.

    By the way, believe it or not, it doesn't take 5 hours to get to know your class :p in fact, if you ask around or look up noxxic you can learn a class in about 10 minutes depending on what class it is. But hey, my time with this game has finally come to an end, I'll be keeping an eye to see if they restore the game at all though :)
  1. Poysonivy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Being Hydraulic means that you can take out the socket from the weapon?
    BEcause otherwise no one will ever put a legendary gem in the normal version of a sha touched weapon...
    Yeah was thinking the same.

    Hydraulic

    In this type of machine, hydraulic fluid is transmitted throughout the machine to various hydraulic motors and hydraulic cylinders and which becomes pressurised according to the resistance present. The fluid is controlled directly or automatically by control valves and distributed through hoses and tubes.


    So hopefully the gem can be taken out and back in using some Hydraulic power. But also for lets says blue or purple gems.
  1. Lazy Gecko's Avatar
    Is that hunter gear the dwarven mountaineer armor? It looks awesome finally seeing on another race, and it's such a shame because AFAIK it's unobtainable by players. Kind of misrepresentative showing that off in character creation.
  1. UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    I dislike a game which has turned from a game into a queue simulator, sucks to have my opinion right? :P

    Indeed, I just think it's a shame that a game is turning into less of a game and more into a queue and do nothing for a gold medal :/

    The fact that you can get better gear from LFR than from Dungeons, when dungeons are harder, is quite shocking.

    By the way, believe it or not, it doesn't take 5 hours to get to know your class in fact, if you ask around or look up noxxic you can learn a class in about 10 minutes depending on what class it is. But hey, my time with this game has finally come to an end, I'll be keeping an eye to see if they restore the game at all though
    As I said, it's your opinion. All opinions matter, no matter how daft they are (not saying yours is).

    LFR is meant to give better gear because, actually, it IS harder. People keep saying you can just AFK through the whole thing but that's just not true. If everyone sat there AFK while on Ultraxion, would the boss be killed? No, you'd wipe and have to do it properly. And to be honest, if something like that actually shocks you, life must be like the ultimate horror film for you.

    I never said anything about not knowing a class or needing 5 hours or more to learn it. I find it quite amusing that you point me towards a website to learn my class. Believe this or not, I actually manage to learn my class all on my own. Thinking for myself? Is that shocking too?

    By all means keep looking at how the game is doing. But please, don't just stick around to bad mouth the game if you no longer even play it. Millions of people still do and most have no idea this website even exists. Why? Because they manage to just play the game and have fun.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 01:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    Yeah was thinking the same.

    Hydraulic

    In this type of machine, hydraulic fluid is transmitted throughout the machine to various hydraulic motors and hydraulic cylinders and which becomes pressurised according to the resistance present. The fluid is controlled directly or automatically by control valves and distributed through hoses and tubes.


    So hopefully the gem can be taken out and back in using some Hydraulic power. But also for lets says blue or purple gems.
    I think Chaud already commented that the tooltip was wrong and that it should be a Sha-touched socket.
  1. Thuggrim's Avatar
    Ok quick question, as I have not seen this confirmed, if all 10 of your raid group are on the quest do all 10 get to loot the quest items? (or 25 etc) or is it something that will have to be allocated?

    As to other points I think the gem is just a stop gap, although if its not possible to remove the gem I can see it sitting in banks until the last teir, and by completing the expansion spanning chain you will get a legendary. Odd how there is a legendary shield icon and no sha touched shield. Oh and the lack of a non-agi tank friendly gem is a bit rubbish.

    As to devaluing heroic raiding, I personally do not think most heroic raiders will be bothered by who else has the legendary. Those that I know do it for a personal challenge or the realm/world race depending on how their guild stands. A lot of guilds on my server have now downed madness hc - and congrats to them but if you ask who are the best raiders on the server you will get the top 2-3 guilds listed (In fact probably the consistantly top guild although 2 and 3 get a lot of respect). My guild hasn't, why because as a whole we aren't bothered by heroics (and we do have a few member that used to be very competitive hc raiders) as its not why we raid. We could go back and do it know with the 30% debuff but that doesn't appeal. Our remaining plan for pre-mists is to go do Sinestra as we never saw her, not because that will make us amazing raiders (we hideously outgear it). My point is it doesn't really matter someone getting something on easy mode or when they hideous outgear it is not a challenge to the skill it takes to be in the top x, but by giving everyone that access you may just inspire people to step up and that can only mean more raiders. And rant off.

    As for the rep tabards, glad they are gone - completely detached mechanic I would rather return to having 1-2 dungeons to grind for relevant factional rep. There are definately advantages to having the reps and I will want them all, but I am glad the I must hammer heroics in different tabards until I am exalted with all is gone. I intend to do heroics til I have all gear and then maybe poke at challenge modes - so glad I am not looking at having to grind the same ones repeatedly for the bulk of an expansion.

Site Navigation