MMO-Champion - Patch 5.0.4 Release on August 28, Season 11 Ending Soon
Patch 5.0.4 Release on August 28 and Raid Lockouts
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

PvP Season 11 Ending Soon
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Arena and Rated Battleground Season 11 is scheduled to end on Wednesday, August 29. At that point, we will determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards, a process that should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for Arena titles and/or the Cataclysmic Gladiator’s Twilight Drake to refrain from transferring their characters to another realm or faction until after Season 11 ends. The awarding of Season 11 titles and mounts will occur approximately 1 week after the season ends.

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap. There will be no cap on Honor until Mists of Pandaria is released on September 25. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.

All Season 11 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-90 players approximately one week after Mists of Pandaria launches. During the break between seasons, all Rated Battleground and Arena matches will be unavailable. Matchmaking (MMR), Team, and Personal Ratings will all be wiped when Season 12 begins.
This article was originally published in forum thread: PvP Season 11 Ending Soon started by chaud View original post
Comments 258 Comments
  1. mikencarly's Avatar
    I loled at people calling it a SMALL PATCH! theres nothing small about 6 gb for a so called SMALL PATCH thats just ignorance.
  1. Galaddriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    I loled at people calling it a SMALL PATCH! theres nothing small about 6 gb for a so called SMALL PATCH thats just ignorance.
    I hear you're getting some new talents, yo.
  1. Farora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    I hear you're getting some new talents, yo.
    No you're getting less talents.
  1. Oboloz's Avatar
    Lol, people are so ignorant. Business is business, if people want to play Guild Wars 2 so bad they will play Guild Wars 2.. I will be playing BOTH, shocker I know..
  1. dirk123's Avatar
    Just wish the pre-world event had more than only Theramore.
    Maybe the WotLK to Cata spoiled me with the Gnome/Troll event + the built up towards the Elemental Invasion........
  1. Galaddriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    No you're getting less talents.
    Ah, yes. This is true. The patch that takes away more than it delivers.
  1. gurv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Firstly anyone genuinely interested in GW2 will be playing it in the days before release after pre purchasing, secondly if a patch is a threat to a release of a game...well then that game wasn;t going to do very well anyway. But lets face it the patch wont have any effect on GW2 longevity or release, it might just impact slightly on how much time people who split between gw2/wow such as myself put in to GW2.
    Well I think it'll have an impact on the initial sales of GW2, although maybe small.
    People playing WoW who aren't dead set on buying GW2 but are bored now, could buy GW2 to give it a try and end up never coming back to WoW.
    The release of patch 5.0.4 can give them something to do so that they don't try GW2 when it's released and just forget about it when MoP launches.

    I think what's important for Blizzard is to occupy the media space so that people aren't aware of GW2.
  1. Raxxed's Avatar
    This is astonishing the amount of people arguing over which game is better and blizzard 'sabotaging' GW2.

    -Blizzard is a company. Companies that make as much money as blizzard, exist to make money. It's hardly 'backhanded' or 'evil' - It's a marketing strategy. The majority of their major patches have been very well thought out in terms of dates.
    -GW2 is B2P. No subscriptions. WoW is P2P. Subscriptions. Thus - They can co-exist. *SHOCK HORROR*

    I will not play GW2, I personally see no appeal. I've played WoW for over 7 years now and no plans to stop anytime soon. That does not mean i'm going to fanboi up blizzard.

    I'm not biased, I strongly disagree with numerous things blizzard does, and usually pisses me off. I'm not going to justify everything they ever say and do.

    My friends will all be playing GW2. It sounds like they think it's an amazing game from playing the betas. I'm almost certain it will succeed more than SW:ToR.

    TL;DR - Blizzard is a company, companies make money. The games can co-exist.
  1. Venteus's Avatar
    Woot! Thank you guild wars, for pushing the prepatch up from their original statement of ~2 weeks.
  1. Constraint's Avatar
    I personally think it's a pretty stupid decision on Blizzard's behalf. They're basically giving everyone the chance to log into WoW and preview the new system while GW2's going through its birthing pains. I myself will almost certainly log in a couple days on the 28th to preview the new MoP changes while GW2's sorting out things server-side. It's basically a guarantee that there'll be insane server issues for the first couple days.

    Why wouldn't Blizzard wait about 1-2 weeks so the sparkle of GW2's wearing off for people who don't like the style/archetype changes, yet could possibly grow to like them in the future? They'd come storming back to WoW when 5.0.4 hits.

    Instead, as I said, we'll be able to log in on the 28th, give new talents a raid/bg or 3, think 'cool/awful' depending on how they affect us, then straight back into GW2 which will almost certainly solve their server issues within days, at the latest?
  1. rhandric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I personally think it's a pretty stupid decision on Blizzard's behalf. They're basically giving everyone the chance to log into WoW and preview the new system while GW2's going through its birthing pains. I myself will almost certainly log in a couple days on the 28th to preview the new MoP changes while GW2's sorting out things server-side. It's basically a guarantee that there'll be insane server issues for the first couple days.

    Why wouldn't Blizzard wait about 1-2 weeks so the sparkle of GW2's wearing off for people who don't like the style/archetype changes, yet could possibly grow to like them in the future? They'd come storming back to WoW when 5.0.4 hits.

    Instead, as I said, we'll be able to log in on the 28th, give new talents a raid/bg or 3, think 'cool/awful' depending on how they affect us, then straight back into GW2 which will almost certainly solve their server issues within days, at the latest?
    Having played GW1 (from launch) and GW2 BWEs and stress tests, I'd like to point out: It'd be no more than hours, and likely not even that long.
  1. Galaddriel's Avatar
    First patch they put out all year and there's still no content. Sorry guys!
  1. boyzma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyfo View Post
    Wow, I've lost my respect for Blizzard. Trying to sabotage GW2 with poor attempts, they're realesing Diablo 3 1.0.4 the last week of August (Around GW2 release date) And realesing WoW MoP pre-patch on the GW2 realese date. And then realesing MoP one month right after GW2 when they are usually realesing their expansions around December. Lmao, pathetic.

    No, not pathetic. I never realized someone owned a day. Thinking that only one thing can be done per day is totally pathetic. Sabotaging GW2? nah...it'll sink itself...give it time.
  1. Constraint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Having played GW1 (from launch) and GW2 BWEs and stress tests, I'd like to point out: It'd be no more than hours, and likely not even that long.
    Mm I did also, but I still don't think their current server infrastructure will be sufficient. Of course this is pure speculation but we'll see.

    My point stands though - even hours is long enough for people to get their 'new wow patch fix' out of the way unless they REALLLLLY see something which captures their attention (gets harder and harder for many each expansion).

    You know what would be equal parts hilarious and sad? If GW2's launch was less buggy/broken/problem-ridden than the launch of 5.0.4? Won't happen I'm sure but still, would be amusing.
  1. Alayea's Avatar
    I was actually expecting the pre-expansion patch to release on September 11th because Blizzard had stated in the MoP press tour that the event was going to be a two-week duration. Yes, things change, but nothing seemed to indicate that they had changed their minds since then.

    Not that it's a big deal, I'm just feeling on the fence.
  1. Marsha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    GW2 sucks, just another "WoW killer" like SWTOR, AION, AoC, WaR and all the fails before and between ....
    now now....don't troll the GW2 fanboys as they are quite sensitive as a group.
  1. chaud's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I was actually expecting the pre-expansion patch to release on September 11th because Blizzard had stated in the MoP press tour that the event was going to be a two-week duration. Yes, things change, but nothing seemed to indicate that they had changed their minds since then.

    Not that it's a big deal, I'm just feeling on the fence.
    The event doesn't have to go live with the patch.
  1. Grimord's Avatar
    Seriously, if games were religions you motherfuckers would all be segregating each other on the streets and making sure your kids only frequented faith-based schools of your particular sect.

    WoW has problems and so does GW2 and the date is more than a coincidence, so what? Just play whatever the fuck you feel like playing, it's not like either game is going away any time soon. Plus, why do you care what other people will be doing or what they'll be playing?

    I'll be playing GW2 on the 25th and then checking the changes in WoW on the 28th and I'll still do my weekly 8/8hc clear as well AND STILL playing GW2.. And no, nobody divided by zero.
  1. Leowyld's Avatar
    The event doesn't have to go live with the patch.
    The quote, or the information on this site attached to the press event, rather, said the patch, not the event, would be two weeks prior. Clearly, plans can change. And they did imply that timeframe was an estimate.

    Edit P.S.: Was able to find the link from my post history.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ria-Press-Tour

    It *does* say "roughly", so, like I said, an estimate, but the two weeks was in reference, according to that page, to the patch.
  1. Alayea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    The quote, or the information on this site attached to the press event, rather, said the patch, not the event, would be two weeks prior. Clearly, plans can change. And they did imply that timeframe was an estimate.

    Edit P.S.: Was able to find the link from my post history.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ria-Press-Tour

    It *does* say "roughly", so, like I said, an estimate, but the two weeks was in reference, according to that page, to the patch.
    Yeah, I guess that was what I was getting at. Thanks anyway, chaud.

Site Navigation