MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer
Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

This article was originally published in forum thread: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer started by chaud View original post
Comments 1447 Comments
  1. Cammancy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Now I really want to fight a raid boss named DimGrark who spews lava and whines throughout the battle (Like XT in Ulduar) about being the only real threat to the heroes in the raid.

    On topic, it does one well to keep in mind that Chen did attack both the human and the orc, so them teaming up (enemy of my enemy) makes sense in this respect. On a related note, you can think of it as "He's mine to kill, not yours."
    DimGrark begins casting an aura of pure bitching!
    NOOO FUNN ALLLLOOOOWWEEED.
    All raid members gain a debuff of 'no fun'! Everybody logs out and cries in a corner (60 Mins)

    Though, Deathwing's Spine is pretty close to that.
    HEYOOOO.
  1. Tripz's Avatar
    So much win! ;d
  1. Ghempe's Avatar
    This was TRULY AMAZING! Wow, wow, wow. Just incredible!
  1. Vallius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    DimGrark begins casting an aura of pure bitching!
    NOOO FUNN ALLLLOOOOWWEEED.
    All raid members gain a debuff of 'no fun'! Everybody logs out and cries in a corner (60 Mins)
    All my upvotes!
  1. Papaj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Everything is beautiful -- the realism of everything in the graphics
    Back in the mid 70's there was this thing called CGI, short for Computer generated Imaging, and I hear it can make even the most atrocious of things look good (see Final Fantasy XIV trailers). When the game starts looking half as good as that I'll be minimally intrigued.

    I personally am glad I came to my senses and dropped this franchise before the quality went completely down the garbage chute, by even the most lax of standards. This intro cinematic falls way short of the previous expansions' intros on so many levels. Where was the story of the expansion? Where were the chills running down my spine as I watched the narration build into the antagonists debut? Where was the depth from the other trailers (even the original trailer got me sitting on the edge of my seat 8 years later because of the atmosphere it created)?
  1. Vaalyn's Avatar
    I had to go back and watch it a couple times to figure out my exact feelings....

    Then I went to the Blizzard site and watched this one:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/vi...rath-cinematic

    Sorry - no comparison
  1. Emberess's Avatar
    simply awesome , them monks are so epic, gonna name mines Firelord Zuko :P
  1. Cammancy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaj View Post
    Back in the mid 70's there was this thing called CGI, short for Computer generated Imaging, and I hear it can make even the most atrocious of things look good (see Final Fantasy XIV trailers). When the game starts looking half as good as that I'll be minimally intrigued.

    I personally am glad I came to my senses and dropped this franchise before the quality went completely down the garbage chute, by even the most lax of standards. This intro cinematic falls way short of the previous expansions' intros on so many levels. Where was the story of the expansion? Where were the chills running down my spine as I watched the narration build into the antagonists debut? Where was the depth from the other trailers (even the original trailer got me sitting on the edge of my seat 8 years later because of the atmosphere it created)?
    They say if you go into something expecting shit, everything will end up looking like shit.
    I'm sure one of the many posts here can tell you what the story is, since you seemed to have 'dropped the franchise' and I (assume) don't read much on it now.

    Also: Final Fantasy 14. Lul.
  1. Deniz's Avatar
    Really crap trailer. Amazingly done, but boring and extremely childish.
    It's clear that blizzard is targeting a younger more casual audience.

    Have fun in Kung Fu Panda land.
  1. Ardourdan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    I had to go back and watch it a couple times to figure out my exact feelings....

    Then I went to the Blizzard site and watched this one:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/vi...rath-cinematic

    Sorry - no comparison
    He's not wrong. Weak trailer... It's incredibly frustrating to see them creating a dark intro to the trailer, yet you know BLizzard would never allow that dark atmosphere into WoW, with an ageing player base it must surely be the right direction...
  1. jb247's Avatar
    Every time I see how awesomely Blizzard can make a trailer, I can't help but feel disappointed that we have had no updates/sneak peaks/etc. of the WoW movie. Please Blizzard, take my money.
  1. meathead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Migis View Post
    I also think it is very hard to voice one's opinion against something so beloved. The cinematic is not bad in anyway, in fact it is very impressive. My issue with it is, if you slap another game title on it, it would be the best thing since sliced bread, however because this is a WoW title, it doesn't live up to;

    A. What I expect from a WoW expansion
    B. The feel to a WoW expansion
    C. The direction that I want WoW to go to.

    These are just opinions, and what I want from a mmo I spent well over 4 years in. I am just voicing my thoughts, and displeasure, on a thread to voice thoughts and opinions.
    i agree 100% - the video started off well,but then went into the light hearted kid stuff and yes pandas are for the kiddies.the video was well made "graphics and such" but wow has lost its dark lets slay dragons then fight each other feel.
  1. lockedout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think that's the point of the whole question 'what do we fight for,' isn't it? Pandaran of any class start out factionless, but then the player makes a choice to go to the Horde or Alliance, choosing what to fight for.

    As for making Horde/Alliance look incompetent... it's Chen Stormstout versus two exhausted, shipwrecked warriors with makeshift weapons. I'd hope he would hand them their asses.
    So basically he see's two retards fighting and decides "Let me kick their ass, then show them my secret island where all my family lives so they can exploit all the resources".
  1. Summerdrake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    If you put the Blood Elf from tBC cinematic beside the Orc and Human in the MoP cinematic, she would look like a technical joke. They fit in very well with the style of the game. Hell, for a second I thought that Orc was gonna be Thrall straight from a War3 cinematic.
    So you are saying Wotlk cinematic was wrong that it should have been more cartoony instead? That all blizz cinematics should reflect game graphics rather than Blizz trying to make the best cinematic possible (aka Wotlk). I hope the next SC II cinematic won't reflect ingame graphics, but try to be as badass as possible as main objective...

    I think, Vanilla wow cinematic Orc -> MoP cinematic Orc! Vanilla Orc had the right proportions, mop Orc is a joke! Hell, even Warcraft 3 Orcs were better than this.

    Blizz should push cinematics to the limit as they are known for, not to be limited to game graphics stylized.

    I thought this was going to be just a sketch style, not end up as the cinematic style, ugh!..


    This is what I like Blizz for,

    To PUSH THE ENVELOPE! I don't hear anyone say D3 cinematic should have been more in-game stylized!

    I guess the best cinematics guys don't do wow anymore. I'm looking forward to Heart of the Swarm cinematic, I bet it won't be crap!
  1. Ilyiana's Avatar
    A treat. Absolutely brilliant. For those saying its shit, go away.
    This foreshadows what somewhat happens in the zones, what will happen in the expansion, and what will happen for the rest of the game. In the zones, there's very little faction PVP when we cross the wall. They come together to face the threats. In the expansion, we've been told that in 5.1 they will land on the beach and fight. We don't know when that will end, but eventually they go back to orgrimmar to fight garrosh together. So this is foreshadowing. Brilliant work!
  1. jb247's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    He's not wrong. Weak trailer...
    I don't think this trailer was necessarily weak, it just has a different tone than the Wrath trailer. I'm not sure anything is ever going to beat the Wrath trailer for me personally, as I'm a huge fan of that whole storyline.
  1. Ulminia's Avatar
    i have no words but ... EPIC
  1. dercaderca's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodegrance View Post
    Of course they are entitled to their own opinion....no matter how wrong it is.
    A opinion can be wrong? I guess i learned something new today.
  1. Cammancy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    So you are saying Wotlk cinematic was wrong that it should have been more cartoony instead? That all blizz cinematics should reflect game graphics rather than Blizz trying to make the best cinematic possible (aka Wotlk). I hope the next SC II cinematic won't reflect ingame graphics, but try to be as badass as possible as main objective...

    I think, Vanilla wow cinematic Orc -> MoP cinematic Orc! Vanilla Orc had the right proportions, mop Orc is a joke! Hell, even Warcraft 3 Orcs were better than this.

    Blizz should push cinematics to the limit as they are known for, not to be limited to game graphics stylized.

    I thought this was going to be just a sketch style, not end up as the cinematic style, ugh!..


    This is what I like Blizz for,

    To PUSH THE ENVELOPE! I don't hear anyone say D3 cinematic should have been more in-game stylized!

    I guess the best cinematics guys don't do wow anymore. I'm looking forward to Heart of the Swarm cinematic, I bet it won't be crap!

    Clearly we need more Azmodean GPS heads popping up in Warcraft, waving his majestic nipple-rings around and yelling at us at how bad we are.
    Two Different Games: Different styles.

    Also, not fucking limited to game graphics? Have you SEEN the in-game WoW humans and orcs? They DID push the envelope out with the 'don't look like in-game graphics', so I don't even know what you're blabbering about.
  1. Sirric's Avatar
    Very nice work from the animators. Good thing that they slapped that orc in too so people wouldn't confuse it with a new Kung Fu Panda cartoon. This game is going downhill..

Site Navigation