MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer
Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

This article was originally published in forum thread: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer started by chaud View original post
Comments 1447 Comments
  1. Cammancy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    I am not sure why you bother Cammancy. It is obvious by now that they are either trying to troll or just being blatantly thick. Understanding subtility is not something people seem to get. Like I said earlier, "OMG this game reminds me of stuff I watched when I was a kid. It now sucks!111!!!" mentality is rather sad when it comes from an adult or someone that thinks they are an adult.

    I would agree completely Reinaerd if it wasn't for the fact that even people who may score high on the IQ test would be subject to full out derp when they don't get what they want.
    Shh, don't tell anybody.
    But I feed off the rage of stupid people. I get my main amounts of sustenance for the day here. If people want to be bullheaded and refuse to see things with a mindset that doesn't hate change, and it makes them quit? Fine, more fun for me to have, without someone constantly nagging about how much the game sucks. (While they still play it.)
  1. Raego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    You know what more then anything this whole thread makes me sad. I feel bad for all the people that can't get enjoyment out of the simple things anymore. I can just imagine them flipping through the channels, coming across a fun little cartoon, hissing like a vampire and then changing the channel to Jersey Shore.
    totally agree with you, it's like people forgot that video games are meant to be for fun, therefore not all dark and hardcore, because they shouldn't feel like secondary jobs, but instead something you relax to when you get home stressed from work/school
  1. Cablecow's Avatar
    people will bitch about anything .....
  1. Bluxwave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablecow View Post
    people will bitch about anything .....
    dont you think theres a valid reason for that

    also your complaining too
  1. Immitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swallowtail View Post
    here u go, croped



    thanks, totally my new sig ^-^
  1. Raego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    Because obviously if you're having fun with a game, you're nothing but a filthy casual, and you're not hardcore like us! Because Hardcore players are the ONLY mature players, and OUR opinion should only matter and if we quit and make a stink, you should too!
    that's probably what most of the haters here really think yeah
  1. Merp's Avatar
    As many others said, it's a childish video for a childish expansion. It's a matter of fact, really. Now, don't even jump on this, because it's useless. The style, the plot, the characters: it's all clearly very Disney-inspired. And that's technically very good: Disney is a succesful company, very professional, makes great products. For kids. Most adults can also enjoy them as well from time to time, sure, that's fine, go for it. But don't deny what's evident and stop trashing those who say how things are.

    The only more humorous thing here is that someone is actually trying to argue that the video is so metaphorical and deep that someone isn't understanding it. Now, next time come and tell us that we don't get Winny the Pooh because there's a huge metaphor we are missing... Listen, we perfectly know that they are trying to depict the conflict between Horde and Alliance, etc. We know it, ok? It's just that such a conflict at this point is depicted in such a comedy tone and with such a childish visual language that we just can't care less about it anymore, is it clear now? You cannot just say that a movie is about war to make it interesting to everyone who is into war-fiction. There are movies about war for kids and there are movies about war for adults. This was clearly like a movie for kids. That's it.

    You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
  1. Nienne's Avatar
    ...holy crap.
  1. Mirishka's Avatar
    Holy hell what an epic trailer!

    The part where the the human handed his spear to the orc, I literally LOL'd so loud that my daughter wanted to know what I was laughing at. Oh my god.

    That was so awesome, I'm gonna go watch it again! XD
  1. kizee94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    umm... this trailer did the same exact thing as the cataclysm trailer did. It told you how it started.

    Going back to the cata trailer, it explained how the world got F*d in the ass. You only say that because you already knew about cata from coming here, so the trailer had nothing new; I'm so sorry MMOCHAMP spoiled it for you back then.

    Wrath trailer did nothing for the expansion as an intro except for reintroducing the LK after his long absence since WC3:FT. I personally miss the racial/class display seen in the vanilla and TBC trailers. Cata's intro comes in a close second for me because it explains everything. MoP's explains a little, and Wrath explains nothing at all.
    The "nothing" that Wrath did was much more than the "nothing" accomplished in the Cata or Mists trailer. It felt more personal, contrasting the once noble future of Arthas and his potential to be king with the monster that he had become. All in all though, it really just gave you an idea of the type of villain you were up against.

    But in general, cinematics do evolve over time in their focus.

    Classic: Horde-Alliance combat, your character, the classes and races. (tiny bit of lore, "four years have past" etc.)
    BC: Classes/races(BE/Draenei mostly), horde-alliance combat(less), Villain & lore
    Wrath: Villain & lore
    Cataclysm: Villain (No lore, even though Deathwing had pleanty that they could have used)
    Mists: Horde/Allaince combat, mixed messages towards the Pandaren

    Take from that what you may. Interesting to think about how cinematics might work in the future.
  1. Imkilo's Avatar
    Wow, what a great trailer.
  1. Woa's Avatar
    That was great! I wish it was longer. BRING ON WOW MOVIE ALREADY!
  1. shamental's Avatar
    Amazing cinematic! Loved the humor as well.

    Can't wait for MoP.
  1. Cammancy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    As many others said, it's a childish video for a childish expansion. It's a matter of fact, really. Now, don't even jump on this, because it's useless. The style, the plot, the characters: it's all clearly very Disney-inspired. And that's technically very good: Disney is a succesful company, very professional, makes great products. For kids. Most adults can also enjoy them as well from time to time, sure, that's fine, go for it. But don't deny what's evident and stop trashing those who say how things are.

    The only more humorous thing here is that someone is actually trying to argue that the video is so metaphorical and deep that someone isn't understanding it. Now, next time come and tell us that we don't get Winny the Pooh because there's a huge metaphor we are missing... Listen, we perfectly know that they are trying to depict the conflict between Horde and Alliance, etc. We know it, ok? It's just that such a conflict at this point is depicted in such a comedy tone and with such a childish visual language that we just can't care less about it anymore, is it clear now? You cannot just say that a movie is about war to make it interesting to everyone who is into war-fiction. There are movies about war for kids and there are movies about war for adults. This was clearly like a movie for kids. That's it.

    You still like it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are fed up of this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enraged about a game they used to be different, a game they liked immensely and played a lot. The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now they have clearly left behind the first part in favour of the second. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the haters". We are not "the haters", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly unhappy, we are providing sound reasons to be unhappy and we are thus entitled to say that we are unhappy by this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.
    I bet you're great fun at parties.

    Spoiler alert: LUL KUNG FU PANDA NERRHURHURRR =/= Valid/sound reasons.
    Also, Kung Fu Panda is Dreamworks. Not disney. At least get your trolling material right.
    Also, deal with the fact that people are sick of you lawn-shitters that do nothing but want a Grim-dark game. Blizzard has humor, lots of it actually, and just because we don't have fuckin' elves getting impaled on spikes and.. pterodactyls flyin' everywhere.. shittin' spike bombs and.. and ants.. ANTS EVERYWHERE..

    Anyways, if you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't shit on everyone else when we ALSO have sound opinions (IE: not NUERRHRHRHH PANDALAND) as to why we like it, and that it isn't 'kiddy'.
  1. gneugen's Avatar
    Glad I quit. This looks boring.
  1. Bluxwave's Avatar
    I cant tell if the expansion is based on peace or war
  1. KrazyK923's Avatar
    As many others said, it's a childish video for a childish expansion. It's a matter of fact, really. Now, don't even jump on this, because it's useless. The style, the plot, the characters: it's all clearly very Disney-inspired. And that's technically very good: Disney is a succesful company, very professional, makes great products. For kids. Most adults can also enjoy them as well from time to time, sure, that's fine, go for it. But don't deny what's evident and stop trashing those who say how things are.
    I love the way you use fact totally incorrect here. Kudos.
  1. Crestt's Avatar
    the human/horde flags falling together was good touch
  1. un_known's Avatar
    the only problem i have with the cinematic is that it suffered from the same problem that WOTLK cinematic had, it was just 1 looooooooong scene, and to me was boring in comparison to vanilla, TBC and Cata cinematics (before you say that cata was the same, those plates being put on deathwing and the flight around the whole of azeroth couldn't have happened in the 3 mins you see in the cinematic, more like over the course of the elemental invasion back in WOTLK).

    However, i did like fight that transpired in the cinematic (especially the comical look from both horde and alliance members) and gave a more sense of fortelling, Horde and alliance fighting tooth and nail against each other, and then combined strengths against a common enemy (if that doesn't prophesis going against Garrosh, i dont know what will....)
  1. Leowyld's Avatar
    You still hate it? Fine, go for it. But deal with the fact that there's also plenty of people who are happy with this. And yes, they are perfectly entitled to say it, to post it here and to be enthusiastic about a game they used to be different (and has since improved), a game they liked immensely and played a lot (and still do). The Warcraft franchise was always about mixing darker themes and some comic relief. Now that is still clearly true with elements like the Sha, the Mogu, and Garrosh becoming corrupt. Their marketing office probably rightly adviced them to do so, fine. But stop denying it or trashing "the fanboys". We are not "the fanboys", we are people who probably played WoW much longer than you. But we are now extremaly happy, we are providing sound reasons to be happy and we are thus entitled to say that we are happy with this product. Period. Thank you. Bye bye.

    My version. Equally valid.

Site Navigation