Developer Reddit Q&A
Several WoW developers answered questions on Reddit tonight. A short summary can be found below, but it is well worth it to read the entire thing!
- Player model updates are a high priority and will come with new animations.
- Once you complete the legendary gem quest line, you will be able to purchase more gems as needed.
- Activision has no effect on the game's direction.
- Observer modes are still on the todo list, but require development time and technical improvements before they can be done.
- Proving Grounds are still on the todo list and will hopefully make it into one of the Mists of Pandaria patches.
- "More developers" is often proposed as a solution to various problems and Blizzard is actively hiring. It is hard to find people that fit within the Blizzard culture and it would be a mistake to hire too many people too quickly.
- Combat racials will be improved for classes that lack them.
- The plan is still for more content to be released faster than before to keep players engaged with relevant content and not bored. They are also committed to reducing the time between the last major content patch and the next expansion.
- Blizzard is not satisfied with the current status of 25-player raids and are still actively seeking a solution.
- Raid Finder and scenarios will hopefully one day make it down to lower level content.
- Upon being asked about another raid like Ulduar: "In fact, our next raid zone after these may be right up your alley...."
- Ulduar like hardmode toggles will be added as appropriate.
- Blizzard would like to make queuing for random bgs better by ensuring some semblance of healer balance between Alliance/Horde.
- There are a variety of improvements planed for both rated and unrated BGs.
- There are some bugs with cross-realm zones, as well as some tweaks that need to be made.
- There wasn't time to fix the damage from Deathwing in Stormwind for Mists of Pandaria.
- Pandaria has the best in-game storytelling there has ever been in an expansion and there will be more Wrathgate level cinematics, some larger events, and a more interactive and involved story without as much phasing.
Paragon Switching to 10 Man Raiding for Mists of Pandaria
Today Paragon announced that they will be moving to 10 man raids for Mists of Pandaria. For the new full roster, see their site.
After Dragon Soul progression many of our players decided to quit the game, some of them were already showing lack of interest during the DS progress raids. In total 34 players took part in DS progress, 14 of which are no longer playing WoW at all. Most of them were longtime core players. On top of that some of our current players can't put in the time anymore as they used to do.
We were able to get some quality recruits to replace the ones whom had quit, but not enough. So far we had recruited 12 players. It has always been hard for us to recruit new players and we pretty much had the same core of 20+ from late Ulduar to Dragon Soul which played a big part in our success.
During the beta it became obvious that the current roster will not cut it in MoP unless we get couple of more quality recruits. So far we haven't been able to get the roster we needed and have decided it's better to continue as a 10man guild from now on than to hope for something miraculous to happen in the upcoming weeks. This also leaves time for our players to find a new guild before MoP if they so desire..
Raid Testing Schedule - September 13
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Pandaren Monk Pet 50% OFF -- This Week Only
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
SWTOR Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 is live on the PTS and the patch notes are here! Darth Hater has some previews of the Dread Guard Armor, Moods System, Elite War Hero Weapons, Terror From Beyond, and New Daily Relics.
Originally Posted by SWTORHighlights
- Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is now available! Travel to the remote planet of Asation, where the Dread Masters have commandeered an ancient Gree Hypergate in order to unleash untold horrors upon the galaxy. Terror from Beyond features 5 powerful new boss encounters that can be challenged in 8- and 16- player Story or Hard Mode, offering some of the most challenging group content yet!
- A new set of PvE gear is available! Dread Guard gear is now the most powerful PvE equipment in the galaxy. It can be acquired from deep within Terror from Beyond (Hard Mode).
- Significant changes have been made to crowd control to address the amount of control a player can be subject to at once. See the Classes and Combat section for details.