MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria - Patch 5.1 PTR Coming Soon
Mists of Pandaria - Patch 5.1 PTR Coming Soon
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
While Mists of Pandaria already comes packed full of some of the most diverse and expansive World of Warcraft content to date, we’re staying true to our goal of delivering new content faster. With that in mind, we’re pleased to share that the first major Mists of Pandaria content update, Patch 5.1, is well underway.
In fact, our plan is to release a build of patch 5.1 on the Public Test Realms soon so you can experience it for yourself! Initially, the PTR build won’t include all of the 5.1 patch content, but here’s a glimpse of the major features that are already in the pipeline.

Patch 5.1 Features

Pandaria and the War of Conquest
While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

Brawler’s Guild
Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…

Pet Battles Improvements
Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured.

Item Upgrades
You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.

The Quest Continues
Wrathion is keenly interested in the conflict exploding between the factions on Pandaria’s southern shore. He’s sure to have additional tasks for players to complete as they continue their quest for Legendary gear.

Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for additional details as we prepare release Patch 5.1 for testing!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Mists of Pandaria - Patch 5.1 PTR Coming Soon started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 162 Comments
  1. AdriWar's Avatar
    Brawler's Guild?? Omg...that sounds really cool
  1. laserguns's Avatar
    Oh christ more dailies.

    The Brawler’s Guild (surely it should be Brawlers Guild or Brawlers' Guild?) thing sounds interesting though. Hopefully it means some challenging solo PvE content, something they haven't added for a long time.
  1. mikencarly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    You challenge Blizzard & you get crushed.
    I agree into the ground!
  1. Firen's Avatar
    Maybe those "proving grounds" is for healers like the epic quest line for priests back in classic to get benediction, if anyone can still remember that That'd be fun.
  1. Taiphon's Avatar
    New daily quest hubs and faction reputations
    Blegh.

    This and the Brawler's guild appears to be the only new content. The rest is just a bit of tuning.

    That's hardly worth being called a content patch.
  1. Yig's Avatar
    this is the wow I hoped for when I read the box in 2004. Zones i just leveled through a few months before getting new quest hubs and stories to develop those characters and places, and I can solo things as a warrior and use all my tricks in my bag?

    This was already a dream come true as an expansion, now I'm just drunk on happy. And I'm not even level 88 yet!!!
  1. Frozenbeef's Avatar
    but...i'm not 90 yet :S
  1. ScottsdaleHokie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Blegh.

    This and the Brawler's guild appears to be the only new content. The rest is just a bit of tuning.

    That's hardly worth being called a content patch.
    ^This.

    More boring dailies and rep to grind, YAY!!!
  1. Anjerith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    ^This.

    More boring dailies and rep to grind, YAY!!!
    As they stated a few months ago, they want to have alternating patches; storyline-oriented patches, raid patches.
  1. Immitis's Avatar
    wow to be honest i expected them to be a little faster but i had no idea they would actually keep that promise in terms of actually getting it out fast and not just like one month faster then usual.

    if they keep up with this even if there not all big raid patches like this one this will hands down be the best expansion of all time.

    say whatever you want about this not being a raid but it looks like this is the patch that revamps jade forest for lvl 90s with the warships.

    seriously keep it up blizz
  1. Sharlok's Avatar
    meh.

    to me any content patch that doesnt involve a new raid isnt a content patch.

    I admit brawler stuff could be fun but it might as well be crap. I dont like to speculate but out of all the things they announced this seems the most acceptable.

    wrathion questline is always nice but it hasnt been a secret that with every patch that comes out his questline will continue so its no surprise and therefore not really worth it to announce?! Its going to be fun but legendary quests usually last about what... 1-2 hours at max? and you can do it only once per character so overall thats very little content to hold you over until 5.2 comes.

    Pet Battle improvements. I know there are a lot of people out there who enjoy pet battles and once I start doing them I will probably enjoy them as well but again. This is not content. its an improvement to a recently added feature. some people dont even do pet battles or are annoyed by it or feel its too pokemon-y. those players cant get anything out of this.

    Item upgrades.
    I dont know when 5.1 hits but if Item upgrades come out after most of the guilds have cleared 16/16 heroic then what do they need the upgrade for? This seems like a good implementation overall but why not release it with the raid that (hopefully) comes after that? I guess item upgrades will be available for any future real content patches but they seem pointless to implement into a raidless time.

    overall I am very sceptical about this patch. It can be very good but it can also be very bad. The last time I said this about a patch was the zandalari patch 4.1 and it turned out to be one of the most horrible things that have ever happened to WoW. Since theres nothing I can do about it I just hope that its gonna turn out at least better than 4.1
  1. Krekko's Avatar
    I can't believe people are complaining even NOW about this.

    My god, give it a break. Yes this patch will be more tweaks and small additions, but it's still additional content being added.

    Go to a hardware store, ask the nearest associate for the largest grip they've got and get it.

    It's cool to see things in the pipes, and will be interesting to see what else they have!
  1. Roguezor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    ^This.

    More boring dailies and rep to grind, YAY!!!
    Finish this sentence: "If you don't like it......."

    You still have a raid that JUST released this wednesday, 3 more raids coming this tier and a shit loads of other things to do.... you don't "need" another content patch that quick anyway.
  1. tehdef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Blegh.

    This and the Brawler's guild appears to be the only new content. The rest is just a bit of tuning.

    That's hardly worth being called a content patch.
    Please go back to basic grade school starting in 1st grade. You obviously skipped over the part where it says "THIS IS ONLY A TASTE". Meaning there is more they are not yet ready to share.

    Dumbass.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 01:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wamp View Post
    ofc no pvp content, same old blizzard...
    Dude, holy crap. They gave you a ton of new pvp content with the expac. Please get over yourself.
  1. Shampro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    meh.

    to me any content patch that doesnt involve a new raid isnt a content patch.

    I admit brawler stuff could be fun but it might as well be crap. I dont like to speculate but out of all the things they announced this seems the most acceptable.

    wrathion questline is always nice but it hasnt been a secret that with every patch that comes out his questline will continue so its no surprise and therefore not really worth it to announce?! Its going to be fun but legendary quests usually last about what... 1-2 hours at max? and you can do it only once per character so overall thats very little content to hold you over until 5.2 comes.

    Pet Battle improvements. I know there are a lot of people out there who enjoy pet battles and once I start doing them I will probably enjoy them as well but again. This is not content. its an improvement to a recently added feature. some people dont even do pet battles or are annoyed by it or feel its too pokemon-y. those players cant get anything out of this.

    Item upgrades.
    I dont know when 5.1 hits but if Item upgrades come out after most of the guilds have cleared 16/16 heroic then what do they need the upgrade for? This seems like a good implementation overall but why not release it with the raid that (hopefully) comes after that? I guess item upgrades will be available for any future real content patches but they seem pointless to implement into a raidless time.

    overall I am very sceptical about this patch. It can be very good but it can also be very bad. The last time I said this about a patch was the zandalari patch 4.1 and it turned out to be one of the most horrible things that have ever happened to WoW. Since theres nothing I can do about it I just hope that its gonna turn out at least better than 4.1

    I guess you missed the part that is says this isnt the whole patch huh? Learn to read.

    Also am i actually reading complaints about faster content regardless of what you like or you dont like, what the fuck? Self centered bastards, this is exacly what WoW needs, things to keep it fresh and moveing forward while they work on the next major raid / season etc. For gods sake people you are whats wrong with this game, when something benefitial and GOOD happens to this game you dis it and complain.

    Also if you were actually smart you would know that there are 2 more raids in Tier 14 (the tier we are at the moment). i guess 16 bosses is not enough for you huh? ''eyeroll''
  1. Lefrog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    overall I am very sceptical about this patch. It can be very good but it can also be very bad. The last time I said this about a patch was the zandalari patch 4.1 and it turned out to be one of the most horrible things that have ever happened to WoW. Since theres nothing I can do about it I just hope that its gonna turn out at least better than 4.1
    I wonder if you didn't like 4.1 because you didn't like the content that was added, or because of the content that should have been added but wasn't. I already had my pre-4.1 amani bear, and while I didn't really care about getting the new one, I did like jumping back in there with my guildies and reminiscing. Same goes for ZG. I also enjoyed having a steadier source of maelstrom crystals.

    4.1 for me was only bad because of the content that was missing and desperately needed. I have a feeling 5.1 will be like 4.1, but that they are going to put it out in half the time. Meaning that when we had 4.1 in cata is about when we will be seeing 5.2 and a new raid.
  1. Faisal's Avatar
    With certain recent trends in the industry, blizzard is more motivated than ever to justify WoW's subscription... i m very excited about this. GJ Blizz !
  1. Letsbefair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamp View Post
    ofc no pvp content, same old blizzard...
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post

    Dude, holy crap. They gave you a ton of new pvp content with the expac. Please get over yourself.


    They gave him nothing.
    He/it doesnt even have the game and yet here he/it is complaining about how bored he/it is about a game he isnt even playing.
    Ridiculous .. only in the internet.
  1. videotape's Avatar
    I really just wish please, please Blizzard, please -- moving forward -- please augment new daily grinds with something farmable (a la Netherwing/Serpent eggs). I'm posting this wish here because I know it falls on deaf ears in any case.

    But, 5.1. Cool.
  1. Paraclef's Avatar
    ToC 2. hooray

Site Navigation