MMO-Champion - Blizzard Registers Project Blackstone Domain
Blizzard Registers Project Blackstone Domain
Fusible noticed that ProjectBlackstone.com was recently purchased by Blizzard Entertainment. It doesn't mean much yet but the choice of domain name could point to a side project for Diablo 3 or even pet battles (They also appear to have purchased WarcraftBattles.com last month).

We're mostly reporting this to have a nice point of discussion for it, but nothing really points to it being a major project (= probably not anything Titan related).

This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard Registers Project Blackstone Domain started by chaud View original post
Comments 154 Comments
  1. Arcnail's Avatar
    I can't see it Diablo related. The word 'Project' doesn't seem to fit in that world. Just seems a more Sci Fi/futuristic term to me personally.

    Edit: Doesn't sound WoW related either.
  1. Endre's Avatar
    A new Hardstyle project! DJ Samwise and DJ Metzen! Forever Az One!
  1. frogger237's Avatar
    Project Blackstone sounds more like a military or sci-fi type game then a diablo expansion. And as many have said here, its probably the final name of Titan.
  1. shamental's Avatar
    Maybe the expected release of diablo 3? its been in beta for a long time now...
  1. Dsfunctional's Avatar
    Good thing I made a thread about this 10 hours ago..
  1. The Ogdru Jahad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Project Blackstone sounds more like a military or sci-fi type game then a diablo expansion. And as many have said here, its probably the final name of Titan.
    except Boub says it's probably NOT titan related.
  1. Lolsteak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    except Boub says it's probably NOT titan related.
    opinions =/= fact

    nobody knows what it is or isn't yet
  1. Kiteri's Avatar
    Diablo III Expansion imo
  1. Steefiepie's Avatar
    WoW expansion!
  1. Taiknee's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if Project Blackstone is the new name for Titan
  1. parlaa's Avatar
    I need to change underwear after these news.
    Guess Blizzard will be silent until Blizzcon '13
  1. annoyingmoose's Avatar
    They changed new mmo's project name to get rid of some misconception.
    'Titan' to 'Blackstone', because lot of people made relation with Wow's titan race and
    automatically imagined the game as if it is Simplanet kind of thing. (like some levels in Spore)
  1. Sesto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annoyingmoose View Post
    They changed new mmo's project name to get rid of some misconception.
    'Titan' to 'Blackstone', because lot of people made relation with Wow's titan race and
    automatically imagined the game as if it is Simplanet kind of thing. (like some levels in Spore)
    I have never heard of anyone making this misconception... I doubt the majority of the WoW population even knows enough about WoW lore to know about what the Titans are.
  1. AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    My cousins friends sisters uncle works at Blizzard.
    i have inside information and can assure you its a NEW BLIZZARD PROJECT....of some sort.
  1. parlaa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    My cousins friends sisters uncle works at Blizzard.
    i have inside information and can assure you its a NEW BLIZZARD PROJECT....of some sort.
    Cousins friends sisters uncle? Wouldn't it be easier to say Cousins friends uncle?
  1. Dark Exerus's Avatar
    Well I remember when cataclysm and mist of pandaria where nothing big either but we see where those went. Maybe it is going to be a diablo 3 expansion.
  1. Belize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    A new Hardstyle project! DJ Samwise and DJ Metzen! Forever Az One!
    OH GOD YES XD. Who could go watch them at DefConBlizz!
  1. Dembai's Avatar
    Sounds like the name of a fundraiser. Not a kickstarter thing mind you - more like a charity-based something-or-other.

    "Project Blackstone: To help kids with disabilities play games on awesome computers!"

    Or something like that.

    I could also see it being the name of the D3 expansion. Project doesn't have to mean "plan/operation" - it can also mean "to put light through in order to cast an image on a flat surface". XD
  1. Gobblez's Avatar
    It looks interesting!!! I honestly think its for Diablo, because it is dark... like the dark crystal thing.
  1. AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Cousins friends sisters uncle? Wouldn't it be easier to say Cousins friends uncle?
    I see your point.
    but i think you missed mine lol

Site Navigation