MMO-Champion - Cinder Kitten Arrives in Pet Store
Cinder Kitten Arrives in Pet Store
The Cinder Kitten is now available from the pet store! You can find a list of the abilities it can learn here.





Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Now up for adoption in the Pet Store: the Cinder Kitten, a fiery little feline looking for a home to warm. Adopt this adorable rascal, and you’ll help bring relief to the victims of Superstorm Sandy in the process.

From now until December 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST, 100% of the $10 USD adoption fee will be donated to the American Red Cross's Superstorm Sandy relief efforts. This support will enable the Red Cross to provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance to victims of this disaster.

The Cinder Kitten doesn’t just have good looks -- this kitty has claws, and makes a purrfect addition to any Pet Battle team. The Cinder Kitten has Rare-quality stats and is a part of the Elemental family. This not-so-cool cat uses many Beast abilities in addition to Dragonkin and Elemental, and can also Prowl, Leap, and Rend its way to a 3-hit combo against its foes—and look good doing it.

To learn more about the Pet Store, please visit the Pet Store FAQ.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Cinder Kitten Arrives in Pet Store started by chaud View original post
Comments 149 Comments
  1. Durandro's Avatar
    I was going to buy this.

    Then I noticed the massive price hike for the EU.

    Then an even bigger price hike just for the UK.

    Yeah, no. I'm not going to be ripped off twice in a row like that just because I live in Britain. I guarentee that if the pet was more in US Dollars then anywhere else you'd all be up in arms, hypocrities. Considering its going to a US only charity fund, I think that's just bullshit.
  1. Butler Log's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    UK has higher tax rates then the US, go complain to David Cameron instead.
    You get those taxes back if it is classed as a charitable donation.
  1. reemi's Avatar
    Blizzard created a pet with "YOUR" money.
    For a limited time, you "DONATE 10$" to red cross and as reward, Blizzard give you the pet created with "YOUR" money.
    After the limited time, Blizzard keep the money for the pet created with "YOUR" money.

    Oh yeah, Blizzard is SO generous... Cheer Blizzard...

    Seriously... It's a joke or what? They are giving nothing, they are giving YOUR money that's all!

    If you want to donate to red-cross, I encourage you, but stop cheering Blizzard for that... my god...
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    Blizzard created a pet with "YOUR" money.
    For a limited time, you "DONATE 10$" to red cross and as reward, Blizzard give you the pet created with "YOUR" money.
    After the limited time, Blizzard keep the money for the pet created with "YOUR" money.
    So what? They created a catalyst to encourage donations.

    Why exactly is that a bad thing? oO
  1. Buck-Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So what? They created a catalyst to encourage donations.

    Why exactly is that a bad thing? oO
    I see no issue here also... No different than the Bank asking for "YOUR MONEY" at the atm's to donate to the red cross..

    At least blizz is giving us something "WE" who pay for it wants. What do banks give us back, atm fee?


    I had a Jewish teacher and he once said to me if you can use as little of your personal/business money as possible to get things done you do it... That one reason why even business with a lot of cash still borrow money...
  1. reemi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So what? They created a catalyst to encourage donations.

    Why exactly is that a bad thing? oO
    It's not a bad thing, but people /cheer at Blizzard for that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck-Shot View Post
    I see no issue here also... No different than the Bank asking for "YOUR MONEY" at the atm's to donate to the red cross..

    At least blizz is giving us something "WE" who pay for it wants. What do banks give us back, atm fee?
    Not the same, when you donate at the ATM or whaterver, you receive your tax credit, because YOU donate.

    When Blizzard sell you something and donate the money, they receive the tax credit.

    So Blizzard are making money indirectly.

    Anyway...
  1. Shofie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Blizzard created a pet with "YOUR" money.
    For a limited time, you "DONATE 10$" to red cross and as reward, Blizzard give you the pet created with "YOUR" money.
    After the limited time, Blizzard keep the money for the pet created with "YOUR" money.

    Oh yeah, Blizzard is SO generous... Cheer Blizzard...

    Seriously... It's a joke or what? They are giving nothing, they are giving YOUR money that's all!

    If you want to donate to red-cross, I encourage you, but stop cheering Blizzard for that... my god...
    ....what? This doesn't make any sense.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 01:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    It's not a bad thing, but people /cheer at Blizzard for that...



    Not the same, when you donate at the ATM or whaterver, you receive your tax credit, because YOU donate.

    When Blizzard sell you something and donate the money, they receive the tax credit.

    So Blizzard are making money indirectly.

    Anyway...
    Yeah, but you're getting a cute pet out of the deal. It's not like we don't know what we're in for. They get a tax donation and applause for donating money and encouraging donations, and we get a cute flamey kitten out of it. If we want the tax break, we can just donate the money ourselves. Some people would rather do that. Some would rather have the kitten. Some people will do both.

    Either way, who are you to judge?
  1. Neonic's Avatar
    Why is it not boa, i rather spend gold than real money to buy it
  1. Malkazam's Avatar
    Yeah buy it people.. keep buying useless thing from Blizzard store and show Blizzard how this is a great thing to do..

    After that you got a crappy thing for WoW Anniversary but a awesome pet for real money.

    And oh.. This is for charity blablabla. You need Blizzard pet to do charity ? I'm sure a lot of you didn't gave a damn nickel for helping those people but hey.. Charity or not i'm sure you'll still buy this pet.

    Well shame on all of you !
  1. F-Minus's Avatar
    I long for a day where Blizzard EU will start running their own promotions and stuff and maybe we could get fair pricing at that point and donations to institutions that are in need in Europe, not to dis the US institutions, I happily donate to that too, but would be a nice change to see localized warmth of heart.
  1. Stukko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I was going to buy this.

    Then I noticed the massive price hike for the EU.

    Then an even bigger price hike just for the UK.

    Yeah, no. I'm not going to be ripped off twice in a row like that just because I live in Britain. I guarentee that if the pet was more in US Dollars then anywhere else you'd all be up in arms, hypocrities. Considering its going to a US only charity fund, I think that's just bullshit.
    Because helping people in need is totally bullshit huh? And no, I'd get this irregardless.
  1. Malkazam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stukko View Post
    Because helping people in need is totally bullshit huh?
    And you need a pet for that huh ?
  1. Kirtaner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    And you need a pet for that huh ?
    No, but it sure is nice!

    Cry more.
  1. Immitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I'd rather donate to people who actually need it (children dying of starvation in Africa or something) instead of to the richest, most powerful country on earth who apparently can't even take care of itself. But by all means, buy your pet and pretend to do good.
    i dont get it O-O either way you say you plan on buying the pet why not buy it now when it will help someone? i dont see how your personal vendetta against new york has to do with helping people

    it doesnt matter "who needs it more" its not like you waiting to buy it until th charity is over is going to somehow magically send blizzards money to africa?

    you're pretty much just being a dick to be a dick
  1. Dibbletiki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Yeah buy it people.. keep buying useless thing from Blizzard store and show Blizzard how this is a great thing to do..

    After that you got a crappy thing for WoW Anniversary but a awesome pet for real money.

    And oh.. This is for charity blablabla. You need Blizzard pet to do charity ? I'm sure a lot of you didn't gave a damn nickel for helping those people but hey.. Charity or not i'm sure you'll still buy this pet.

    Well shame on all of you !
    Yea! Shame on all those people who are giving a little bit more to help people in need! ps. not everyone needs a Blizzard pet to do charity. I've already donated as much as I could, and I'm still going to buy this pet. Why? Because every little bit helps. Not only do I get a cute little kitty pet that I've been wanting for a while, but I get to help out that little bit more. I don't know the exact subscription numbers right now, but let's pretend it's 10 million. They have a potential 100 million dollars they could get from their customers to help people in need, and that is somehow bad or wrong?

    Not everyone is doing it for charity, most people would have bought it regardless.
  1. Immitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Blizzard created a pet with "YOUR" money.
    For a limited time, you "DONATE 10$" to red cross and as reward, Blizzard give you the pet created with "YOUR" money.
    After the limited time, Blizzard keep the money for the pet created with "YOUR" money.

    Oh yeah, Blizzard is SO generous... Cheer Blizzard...

    Seriously... It's a joke or what? They are giving nothing, they are giving YOUR money that's all!

    If you want to donate to red-cross, I encourage you, but stop cheering Blizzard for that... my god...
    no blizzard made the pet with THEIR money you pay to allow blizzard to give you access to THEIR game they own the characters on the account you play and the account itself they have the right to ban you for any reason and to do anything they want with your characters.

    once you hand them the money it is non refundable which means it belongs to them they can do what they want with it and they can charge for dlc if they want to its THEIR dlc.

    im tired of how some people in the wow community feels entitled to things. if blizzard wanted to they could charge a fee for patches since patches are basically free dlc
  1. Moonatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

    im tired of how some people in the wow community feels entitled to things. if blizzard wanted to they could charge a fee for patches since patches are basically free dlc
    That's what the $15 a month sub is for. It's not free DLC, in fact it's pretty damned expensive DLC, with content patches at at 3-4 months apart you are basically paying $45-$60 per DLC. Sure it's their right to charge that if they please but don't be telling people they are acting entitled because of all the "free" shit they are getting.
  1. Deathray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Yeah buy it people.. keep buying useless thing from Blizzard store and show Blizzard how this is a great thing to do..

    After that you got a crappy thing for WoW Anniversary but a awesome pet for real money.

    And oh.. This is for charity blablabla. You need Blizzard pet to do charity ? I'm sure a lot of you didn't gave a damn nickel for helping those people but hey.. Charity or not i'm sure you'll still buy this pet.

    Well shame on all of you !
    Well, I didn't have to. I am excused.
  1. Youarefired's Avatar
    Man, another waste of money. Don't bother using money on a bunch of 1's and 0's. Well, you can until the 31st just so you can donate to the Red Cross, but after that, nope. I command you.
  1. Sanguinare's Avatar
    lots of hobbies take money and leave you with nothing. it is the time you spend with it and the memories you make that will give it value $10 for a kitten that will make me smile when i click on it is worth it to me just like if wow was $20 a month i would still pay that but at $50 a month would not. i still think it is less then 1% of the pets in wow come form out side the game so it is a small thing.

Site Navigation