MMO-Champion - Ghostcrawler Interview, Dec 11 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Upcoming Chat, WoW Sales, Comic
At Least Two Weeks for PvP Blog, Bug with Health Link Monsters, Error 3007 for Aus/NZ Area Users, Marriland 3DS Giveaway

Ghostcrawler Interview
Today's interview is with Ghostcrawler on Wowjuju. A summary of the main points is below, but reading the full interview is worth it if you want to see the full answers!


  • Future patches will keep the number of daily quests added more reasonable, similar to the amount added in Patch 5.1.
  • Having a queue and audience for the Brawler's Guild makes it more exciting; it isn't something that you are supposed to rush through. You get priority in the queue if you haven't done a battle yet for the day as well.
  • Unless you are one of the higher end raiders, you may not feel that upgrading all of your gear is worth the effort, and that is okay. Upgrading is another way to provide progression throughout the expansion.
  • The 10 / 25 man changes in Asia aren't a test for the US / EU realms, just a response to what players there want. No one wants to see 25 player raiding disappear though.
  • Main-hand and off-hand items will be allowed to be transmogrified with each other, as well as any weapons that use the same animation. Things like staves and polearms, the one handed axes, maces and swords, and the two handed axes, maces and swords.
  • Golden Lotus being required for other reputations was a way to reduce the amount of daily quests that were initially available to players.
  • Horde racials are likely better than Alliance racials for PvE right now. Only the top guilds have switched for the racials, but if more guilds do so then the racials will be adjusted.
  • Players can expect for Wrathion to call upon them during every patch in this expansion in return for increasingly more powerful rewards.


Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - December 11
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes

Quests
  • "Bad Blood", "Bloodlines", "The Korune", "Ancient Guardians", and "The Source of Korune Power" will no longer sometimes place players into the wrong phase.

PvP
  • The Battle Fatigue healing reduction debuff has been increased to 30% (was 15%).

Creatures
  • The Mogu enemies in the Ruins of Ogudei now drop correctly drop loot when slain

Dungeons, Raids & Scenarios
  • Creatures in the Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, and Ahn'Qiraj raid dungeons now deal damage according to their intended pre-Mists of Pandaria melee damage values.

Bug Fixes

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
PvP CC Feedback
First things first, I want to make sure you’re aware that the information below reflects both short and long-term design considerations on our end. This isn’t all on the table for patch 5.2 for a number of reasons.

To make this clear right off the bat: This shift of instant casts back to cast times is not just targeted at crowd control. We also wish to start moving some heals back to having a cast time rather than being instant. That said, we’re not necessarily planning on overhauling many of the spells and abilities that have been instant for a long time now, such as Hand of Justice. We’re looking at some of the big outliers that we see brought up a lot, which are instant-cast, area-of-effect abilities like Blinding Light, or Presence of Mind in combination with Ring of Frost.

We think that there are too many of these AoE CC spells at this time, especially instant AoE CC, which can create some frustrating gameplay experiences. Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.

While we are talking about cc what about having some more spells share DR with each other. A pala can repentance/blinding light/ hammer. No Dr at all. Why is it that fear and blind share a DR and polly/fear and cycone dont? and many more examples like this.
We’re looking at diminishing returns for CC right now as a possible way to help with CC in PvP combat, but it’s the type of gameplay overhaul that can be risky to implement in the middle of an expansion cycle if the change is too drastic. We are, however, taking a look right now at the DRs within particular classes, as well as special snowflakes like Cyclone. Either way, the design discussion will undoubtedly continue! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Pandaria Pet Battle Daily Quest Bug
If you’re encountering issues with obtaining the Pandaria Pet Battle dailies, the Grand Master Aki quest chain, or the Pandaren Spirit Tamer quest (started by Sara Finkleswith for the Alliance or Gentle San for the Horde), there is a workaround that we’ve had some success with.

Abandon all Pet Battle related quests and restart the Pet Tamer quest chain from the beginning (Audrey Burhep for the Alliance in Stormwind or Varzok for the Horde in Orgrimmar). This issue could be caused by making Pet Battle quest progress on multiple characters at the same time, and so we strongly recommend sticking with one character until the end to try to avoid encountering the issue again.

We realize the workaround isn’t ideal, and we’re continuing to investigate the cause. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
PvE
How can we expect ilvl upgrading to affect the tuning of future raid tiers?
Philosophically we want raids to be more about progression and less about instant catch up. (Source)
Going back to the old model where you have to progress linear through the raids from release of current expac?
That's the plan. We have older Raid Finder tiers now to provide the necessary gear. (Source)

Appreciate Lesser Charms move 2 currency but 5.1 has filled that bag slot w Commndtions. Any chance they move to currency too?
We wanted you to be able to loot them from players, which currency can't do yet. In the future we should be able to. (Source)

What about people that want to raid but don't want to deal with dailies? Add other ways to get charms pls.
You can raid without charms. You will gear up faster with charms, which seems fine: you can choose to play more or less. (Source)

Using multiple charms on the same boss per week in lfr (by repeated q'ing) intended or bug? Same chance every time?
we're fine with it. You'll eventually run out of charms. Same chance every time. (Source)
Will that also worlk on world bosses like Sha of Anger and Galleon?
Not on Sha. When we made him spawn regularly, we didn't think infinite Charms made sense any longer. (Source)

Haven't killed Galloen yet on my server. Horde camp, etc. GMs considered a month-long guild summoning quest or the like?
G is supposed to be the rare boss that not everyone gets. We learned a lot from him and have changes planned for future bosses. (Source)

What's the limit for players inviting other players in brawlers guild?
I believe we started with 1 invite once you reach high rank. (Source)

Does WoW really need obscure glancing blows and crit supression mechanic? It seems really outdated like resists.
Yeah I could see an argument to phase those out. (Source)

How come we dont have the random fight in the Jade Temple anymore? The scroll of strife and peril. I miss the alternative boss
It had bugs we couldn't solve. We hope to bring it back. (Source)

Dont forget to offer alternatives to charms too. Otherwise it would not make sense since dailies would still be required
It's called "bonus roll" for a reason. You don't need it. (Source)

PvP
Do you have a stance on people queuing several groups for a random BG and using timing to ensure they end up together?
You mean using a premade to stomp noobs? What do you think? (Source)

Does Blizzard have plans to clean up CC a little? Getting stunned, feared, again and again can get a bit frustrating.
Most people don't want their CC nerfed, just the other guy. DRs might be a place to look though. (Source)
How would you feel about a bar that fills up and once its full you cant CC that player until its empty?
That's kind of like having one DR (maybe with more variation than just 50%) but we've considered it. (Source)

in the future, any plans for total revamp of pvp? i.e. get rid of arena/RBG(in current form) and implement new pvp structure?
We rarely scrap features and start over. We usually iterate towards what are (we hope!) stronger designs. (Source)

The "PVE vs. PVP issue" is frequently misunderstood and over exaggerated. A balance scapegoat.
Agree. Players would still be mad if we didn't change X, but they wouldn't have a reason for why we didn't change X. (Source)

Idea was: skills remain the same in both contexts; only changes in metrics are isolated. + Less testing.
We do that though. Look at PvP Power, CC durations, the healing debuff, etc. (Source)

Very well said, this game should be about constant steady pressure and healing, not burst.
well, burst should be a strategy too, but not the only strategy. PvP is more interesting, we think, when matches vary. (Source)

Live Chat Thursday: World of Warcraft Customer Support
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
This Thursday we’ll be holding our first-ever CoveritLive chat featuring a panel of some of our most veteran customer support representatives. This is your chance to seek clarification on support policies and procedures, understand the philosophies that shape how we assist players, as well as meet a few of the folks behind those tags!

While this chat will be focused on customer support for World of Warcraft, our panelists will be equipped to field some questions about Diablo III and StarCraft II support policies as well.

When: 5:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. PST Thursday, December 13

Panelists:
  • CS Forum Representative Vrakthris
  • WoW Game Support Manager Marcus Maczynski
  • SC2 Game Support Manager Angelo Concepcion
  • D3 Game Support Manager Andreas Unger
  • Senior CS Information Specialist Charles Areson
  • CS Social Media Manager Antonio Achucarro

Format: The CoveritLive event will be hosted right here as a moderated chat, meaning questions and comments from participants won’t be viewable to the public unless selected by us. Be sure to request an email reminder below so you’ll be alerted before it begins. You’ll be able to log in using Facebook or Twitter credentials, or you can create a temporary username within the CoveritLive client, once the event is live.

Give the Gift of Warcraft
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Looking for great stocking stuffers for your friends or guildmates? Blizzard’s got you covered. For a limited time only, you can snag the following holiday deals in the online Blizzard Store:


Be sure to get your Winter Veil shopping done soon, though -- these deals end January 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

Comics - Dark Legacy Comics #367
DLC #364 has been released.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Ghostcrawler Interview, Dec 11 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Upcoming Chat, WoW Sales, Comic started by chaud View original post
Comments 82 Comments
  1. Bawk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Oh, and I really hope that seperate 10-man and 25-man lockouts NEVER return. NOTHING was as much fun as feeling that you were raiding the inferior content due to the gear difference and drops difference and meta differences.
    Unfortunately it is really the only way to promote more 25m raids. Plus, it was way more fun doing 25m and then doing a 10m later in the week in Wrath. :P
  1. phyx's Avatar
    Wow, so 10man and 25man raiders in Korea both agree that they should reward 25s with 8 extra ilvls? C'mon GC, is your PR on skiing vacation or something?
  1. Leonard McCoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Nothing is shoved down you throat. It IS optional. Just having the dailies there doesn't mean you have to do them. Not in the slightest. If you think them being available means you MUST do them, its probably because you are OCD and neurotic.

    I also assume this is about the "bonus rolls" from charms. Again, optional. You can get loot without them, but if you want bonus rolls, do the work. You can do 7 dailies a day for a week, and have enough to get the 3 bonus rolls.
    Fantastic. I mean I don't agree but you people seem hellbent to stick to the literal and strict meanings of the words "forced" and "optional" so theirs no reasoning with you on that front. But let's say I agree with your premise (which I don't). So why can't I have 10 and 25s on a seperate lock out then? Why did it have to be changed? Why do some people feel forced to have to do 2 raids but then feel perfectly alright in telling others hey man dailies are totally optional? Why is one type of content more or less forced than the others? For that matter why isn't LFR a part of this discussion? PEople feel forced to do lfr, why isn't lfr a shared lockout with regular raids? Or is LFR totally optional to? If lfr is totally optional then I would submit the change to single 10/25 lockout is no longer needed because we now operate in this whole hey man it's optional paradigm.

    So many fucking contradictions so little time.
  1. Tomana's Avatar
    "Going back to the old model where you have to progress linear through the raids from release of current expac?
    That's the plan. We have older Raid Finder tiers now to provide the necessary gear."

    Now that has some serious backfiring potential...
  1. Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Fantastic. I mean I don't agree but you people seem hellbent to stick to the literal and strict meanings of the words "forced" and "optional" so theirs no reasoning with you on that front. But let's say I agree with your premise (which I don't). So why can't I have 10 and 25s on a seperate lock out then? Why did it have to be changed? Why do some people feel forced to have to do 2 raids but then feel perfectly alright in telling others hey man dailies are totally optional? Why is one type of content more or less forced than the others? For that matter why isn't LFR a part of this discussion? PEople feel forced to do lfr, why isn't lfr a shared lockout with regular raids? Or is LFR totally optional to? If lfr is totally optional then I would submit the change to single 10/25 lockout is no longer needed because we now operate in this whole hey man it's optional paradigm.
    Yes, we are communicating through text, so I will take things you type out literally.

    You also assume way too much. I have not voiced an opinion about the 10/25 sharing/not sharing lockouts issue. So I don't see where your "contradiction" comment is coming from. My post was ONLY about people whining about dailies.

    I also believe 10/25 man lock outs and dailies are two WAAAAAAAY different issues, and comparing the two to prove a point is both reaching and a straw man argument. I'm not sure how I feel about the lockout issue, so I won't comment.

    Whether 10/25 mans share lockouts, they are both optional. Dailies are optional. Charms are optional. It made me cringe when whiners would say "omg these dailies r so long, i hav to kil 12 mogu omg omg omg" ... Seriously? Then don't do them...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    "Going back to the old model where you have to progress linear through the raids from release of current expac?
    That's the plan. We have older Raid Finder tiers now to provide the necessary gear."

    Now that has some serious backfiring potential...
    I agree, but cata was a horrible example of the how the opposing design was crap. My main got into DS normals the old way, doing all the heroics asap, then raids etc.....

    Then End Time, Hour of Twilight, and Well of Eternity come out... uhhh you can level to 85, hold some BOE loot, get carried in those new heroics and BOOM you caught up to your first toon within days. Me and a buddy cracked out, leveled toons from 1-85, grabbed some BOE's and were almost as geared as our mains in THREE DAYS. THAT is ridiculous.
  1. Leonard McCoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yes, we are communicating through text, so I will take things you type out literally.

    You also assume way too much. I have not voiced an opinion about the 10/25 sharing/not sharing lockouts issue. So I don't see where your "contradiction" comment is coming from. My post was ONLY about people whining about dailies.

    I also believe 10/25 man lock outs and dailies are two WAAAAAAAY different issues, and comparing the two to prove a point is both reaching and a straw man argument. I'm not sure how I feel about the lockout issue, so I won't comment.

    Whether 10/25 mans share lockouts, they are both optional. Dailies are optional. Charms are optional. It made me cringe when whiners would say "omg these dailies r so long, i hav to kil 12 mogu omg omg omg" ... Seriously? Then don't do them...[COLOR="red"]
    The issue isn't either the dailies or the raids. The developers steadfastly refuse to change this even given their new mentality. They are one and the same at it's core. If the developers are serious about investing time in the game as a means for reward, if they are serious about the mentality that you should be rewarded for the time you invest in the game then I see no reason why the lockouts need to be shared.

    The contradiction isn't you. The contradiction is the developers. It's not a fucking strawman to compare them because at it's core the issue isn't the type of content, it's the developer mentality that is massively contradictory. They've done nothing but remove barriers to entry over the years, they've done nothing but make the game progressively more and more friendly for players. Now come to find apparently they have a total mind reversal about these things but can't see the total contradiction in leaving raid lock outs as they are.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 02:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I agree, but cata was a horrible example of the how the opposing design was crap. My main got into DS normals the old way, doing all the heroics asap, then raids etc.....

    Then End Time, Hour of Twilight, and Well of Eternity come out... uhhh you can level to 85, hold some BOE loot, get carried in those new heroics and BOOM you caught up to your first toon within days. Me and a buddy cracked out, leveled toons from 1-85, grabbed some BOE's and were almost as geared as our mains in THREE DAYS. THAT is ridiculous.

    You and your buddy may have no fucking lives but that's your prerogative. Remember it was your choice to "crack out your tunes" in 3 days. So where does that leave me and my friends who'd rather have a fun and relatively painless gearing experience? Unsubbed. The only thing ridiculous is that people abused it so badly that Blizzard decided they must make the game less rewarding on a daily basis so people like you can't burn through everything in a day or two.

    Also I would point out that comparing the end of the expansions cycle to the start of a new one is a really bad comparison. Were you geared out in 3 days at the start of cata? I doubt it.
  1. Fjap's Avatar
    Sorry if this is a really noobish question. But does this mean that you can do for example Terrace LFR three times a week and spend a charm on the Sha evert single time?
  1. Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The issue isn't either the dailies or the raids. The developers steadfastly refuse to change this even given their new mentality. They are one and the same at it's core. If the developers are serious about investing time in the game as a means for reward, if they are serious about the mentality that you should be rewarded for the time you invest in the game then I see no reason why the lockouts need to be shared.

    The contradiction isn't you. The contradiction is the developers. It's not a fucking strawman to compare them because at it's core the issue isn't the type of content, it's the developer mentality that is massively contradictory. They've done nothing but remove barriers to entry over the years, they've done nothing but make the game progressively more and more friendly for players. Now come to find apparently they have a total mind reversal about these things but can't see the total contradiction in leaving raid lock outs as they are.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 02:59 PM ----------




    You and your buddy may have no fucking lives but that's your prerogative. Remember it was your choice to "crack out your tunes" in 3 days. So where does that leave me and my friends who'd rather have a fun and relatively painless gearing experience? Unsubbed. The only thing ridiculous is that people abused it so badly that Blizzard decided they must make the game less rewarding on a daily basis so people like you can't burn through everything in a day or two.
    Again, you assume way too much. All it does is make you look stupid, and crap all over any points you may make. It was my prerogative to hang out at my buddies place over a long holiday weekend, buy lots of beer and pizza, and level some toons. Anyone could have done that. Buts its ridiculous that it was THAT streamlined. The SHORTEST and EASIEST part of that process was going from 85 in greens to 85 in mostly purples from the HoT "heroics." Its really not abuse when it was made that way by whining casuals. If you want to unsub because you actually have to spend time leveling and getting gear and generally learning your toons, great. It sucks seeing people in random dungeons that can barely play anyway.

    Again, its a strawman. The comparison is totally ridiculous, and is reaching way too far. Dailies+Charms have almost nothing in common with 10/25 lockouts. Either way, its a crappy argument. It IS optional to do dailies. You can get purples without them. It IS optional to EARN charms. You can get purples without them. raiding 10's or 25's IS optional, regardless of having a lockout.

    In my opinion there should be a standard amount of maximum players per raid. I liked how Kara needed 10 as a starter raid, and the rest were 25's. Something like this should be implemented. That was off topic but I thought it should be mentioned. Again, just because you think their attitude between these two separate issues, does not mean you can argue them against each other.
  1. Gurbz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The issue isn't either the dailies or the raids. The developers steadfastly refuse to change this even given their new mentality. They are one and the same at it's core. If the developers are serious about investing time in the game as a means for reward, if they are serious about the mentality that you should be rewarded for the time you invest in the game then I see no reason why the lockouts need to be shared.
    The main issue with raid lockouts is the loot. It has little to do with invested time, or how much Blizzard thinks you should be playing the game or any of that. Shared lockouts were pretty much required as soon as they made 10s and 25s share a loot table. Otherwise, people would gear up faster than Blizzard wants, because you would get multiple chances (with the coin system up to 4) at a given boss's loot table per week. Any adjustments on the drop rates of loot to compensate for this would increase the perception that running both formats is a requirement instead of an option.

    Blizzard does have the tech necessary to make a player only eligible for loot from a boss once a week, like in LFR, but how many people would honestly run a raid a second time in another format knowing that they are getting no loot? I would guess not many.

    The most obvious solution would be to go back to 10s dropping inferior loot. This would kill the majority of 10-mans, as players would now feel that it is "required" for them to run 25s, whether they want to or not, just for the sake of character power as happened in Wrath. Kinda like how they think that dailies are required in the same non-literal sense. This would destroy a ton of guilds/raid teams that are established in the 10-man format, which in the US/EU is by far the more popular format. Asia may be different, but I don't have data on that region. If they were going to go that route, it would probably been seen as better to just switch to a 15-man format only. Same painful aftermath, but with more benefits.

    So solve all those issues and we could have a perfect multi-format raid system. The current setup is nothing more than Blizzard choosing, in their mind, the lesser of the evils. They really can only end these issues by choosing a single format, regardless of what the final raid size would be, and only developing for that format.
  1. Faerwen's Avatar
    I understand the logistical efforts required behind organizing and maintaining a 25-man raid group are challenging, but I do not understand why 25-man raiders believe they are more entitled to higher level gear. Seeing as to the fact that at this point 10 an 25 are relatively close in difficulty, with the one that is actually more challenging being decided on an encounter by encounter basis, the only people truly effected by the logistics of 25-man raiding are the officers and raid leads that manage them, thus they are the only ones who could make a claim towards unfair reward. To separate lockouts and increase the reward of 25 man raiding would be rewarding 20 people for a perceived difficulty that they themselves do not feel or suffer through, as actual encounter difficulty is too subjective to base rewards off of.
  1. Tomana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I agree, but cata was a horrible example of the how the opposing design was crap. My main got into DS normals the old way, doing all the heroics asap, then raids etc.....

    Then End Time, Hour of Twilight, and Well of Eternity come out... uhhh you can level to 85, hold some BOE loot, get carried in those new heroics and BOOM you caught up to your first toon within days. Me and a buddy cracked out, leveled toons from 1-85, grabbed some BOE's and were almost as geared as our mains in THREE DAYS. THAT is ridiculous.
    I agree. I prefer the MOP design as well, but if it is like BC, it could seriously backfire if people who start playing in, let's say, 5.3 need to do MSV/HOF/Terrace/whateverthe5.2raidisnamed to be able to jump into Siege of Orgrimmar.

    I think, however, that they will implement a slight catch-up mechanic based on a token that drops every time you kill a boss and which will be used to purchase gear (kinda like badges of justice in LK) so that you're not perma-stuck in old tiers of LFR. But yeah, chance is we won't see 5.3 5-mans dropping epics on par with 5.2 raid level.
  1. lizon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Febreeze View Post
    The shared lockout is bullshit, and was having this very same conversation in my guild the other day, and EVERYONE agreed that they wanted a return to separate lockouts.
    That is nice for your guild and your server but not everyone has the skilled server population to handle 25m raiding anymore. On my server there is one guild, the one I'm in, that has cleared all content on normal and has any reasonable progression through heroic modes. Everyone else is struggling with normal HoF. Out of the two 10m groups that the guild fields only one has that progression.

    Moving to 25m raiding would mean lowering our standards, getting worse progression, and all for the sake of 8 ilvl. You would essentially force guilds like mine to play with players that we don't want to play with. It is about choice.

    There has to be a way to let people CHOOSE what content that they want to raid, with who they want to raid with, without being penalized for choosing 10m over 25m due to situations outside of their control.
  1. Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I agree. I prefer the MOP design as well, but if it is like BC, it could seriously backfire if people who start playing in, let's say, 5.3 need to do MSV/HOF/Terrace/whateverthe5.2raidisnamed to be able to jump into Siege of Orgrimmar.

    I think, however, that they will implement a slight catch-up mechanic based on a token that drops every time you kill a boss and which will be used to purchase gear (kinda like badges of justice in LK) so that you're not perma-stuck in old tiers of LFR. But yeah, chance is we won't see 5.3 5-mans dropping epics on par with 5.2 raid level.
    I agree that the BC style wasn't perfect, btu I would prefer it over the Cata style. I don't think the BC style was as bad as people look back and remember. If you were in a decent guild running multiple teams it really wasn't a problem. If you don't think your guild can handle that, then maybe you should merge into a bigger guild. The highest geared players were doing TK/SSC?Mags while others were doing Gruuls/Kara...

    I just feel like many people want to hit max level on one toon and automatically get max level on all their toons so they won't have to do the work.
  1. Invrnc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Using multiple charms on the same boss per week in lfr (by repeated q'ing) intended or bug? Same chance every time?
    we're fine with it. You'll eventually run out of charms. Same chance every time.
    It seems a lot of GMs are saying you will only get gold on subsequent uses, and yet GC is saying it's the same chance. While I don't think anyone's been able to test the latter, is there anyone who has actually gotten an item off a second use of a charm on the same boss in LFR? I keep hearing how the usual "you might have won this" window pops up, but people might be mistaking the coin roll for the usual loot window...
  1. Ferrouswheel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumleren View Post
    Yeah because nobody in NA/EU wants that model to return, right?

    What a ridiculous argument. Forums have been flooding with requests to go back to the WotLK style of separating 10 and 25 since Cata was released, but obviously we don't want it enough somehow..?
    And by flood you mean, what 3? I sure as hell don't want it back. I like being able to raid on alts and see the content from another point of view. I don't want to feel forced to raid twice a week to keep up on my main.
  1. Leonard McCoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The main issue with raid lockouts is the loot. It has little to do with invested time, or how much Blizzard thinks you should be playing the game or any of that. Shared lockouts were pretty much required as soon as they made 10s and 25s share a loot table. Otherwise, people would gear up faster than Blizzard wants, because you would get multiple chances (with the coin system up to 4) at a given boss's loot table per week. Any adjustments on the drop rates of loot to compensate for this would increase the perception that running both formats is a requirement instead of an option.

    Blizzard does have the tech necessary to make a player only eligible for loot from a boss once a week, like in LFR, but how many people would honestly run a raid a second time in another format knowing that they are getting no loot? I would guess not many.

    The most obvious solution would be to go back to 10s dropping inferior loot. This would kill the majority of 10-mans, as players would now feel that it is "required" for them to run 25s, whether they want to or not, just for the sake of character power as happened in Wrath. Kinda like how they think that dailies are required in the same non-literal sense. This would destroy a ton of guilds/raid teams that are established in the 10-man format, which in the US/EU is by far the more popular format. Asia may be different, but I don't have data on that region. If they were going to go that route, it would probably been seen as better to just switch to a 15-man format only. Same painful aftermath, but with more benefits.

    So solve all those issues and we could have a perfect multi-format raid system. The current setup is nothing more than Blizzard choosing, in their mind, the lesser of the evils. They really can only end these issues by choosing a single format, regardless of what the final raid size would be, and only developing for that format.

    Absurd. Utterly and totally absurd. Why would running both raids be required? Everything is optional NOTHING IS REQUIRED. Why are dailies optional but not raids? LFR is also "optional" and yet it presents precisely the same problem that having two seperate lock outs did.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 06:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Again, you assume way too much. All it does is make you look stupid, and crap all over any points you may make. It was my prerogative to hang out at my buddies place over a long holiday weekend, buy lots of beer and pizza, and level some toons. Anyone could have done that. Buts its ridiculous that it was THAT streamlined. The SHORTEST and EASIEST part of that process was going from 85 in greens to 85 in mostly purples from the HoT "heroics." Its really not abuse when it was made that way by whining casuals. If you want to unsub because you actually have to spend time leveling and getting gear and generally learning your toons, great. It sucks seeing people in random dungeons that can barely play anyway.

    Again, its a strawman. The comparison is totally ridiculous, and is reaching way too far. Dailies+Charms have almost nothing in common with 10/25 lockouts. Either way, its a crappy argument. It IS optional to do dailies. You can get purples without them. It IS optional to EARN charms. You can get purples without them. raiding 10's or 25's IS optional, regardless of having a lockout.

    In my opinion there should be a standard amount of maximum players per raid. I liked how Kara needed 10 as a starter raid, and the rest were 25's. Something like this should be implemented. That was off topic but I thought it should be mentioned. Again, just because you think their attitude between these two separate issues, does not mean you can argue them against each other.
    I'm the one with strawman comparison but you can't see the utter absurdity of comparing end tier cata to first tier of any expac really. They are totally and utterly in contradiction and I don't have to use Dailies as the only example. LFR is an even better example. It gives out easy loot and yet it totally "optional". It's a second raid cooldown at the same time. Soooo what is it? Why can they make such distinctions without coming out as obvious and total hypocrites?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 06:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I agree that the BC style wasn't perfect, btu I would prefer it over the Cata style. I don't think the BC style was as bad as people look back and remember. If you were in a decent guild running multiple teams it really wasn't a problem. If you don't think your guild can handle that, then maybe you should merge into a bigger guild. The highest geared players were doing TK/SSC?Mags while others were doing Gruuls/Kara...

    I just feel like many people want to hit max level on one toon and automatically get max level on all their toons so they won't have to do the work.
    You don't even know what the cata style is. You compared it to the last tier which has historically almost always been an easier catch up tier. Hell the final tier of tbc added the biggest and easiest catch up mechanic this game has had and made gearing so much faster. Stop comparing the end of one tier to the beginning of another.
  1. merogue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    So people are supposed to spend money going Horde so you can decide to make Alliance racials viable so they can spend their money again going back to the faction they like. You're a monster. What happened to Blizzard. Monsters.

    THIS ^
    I mean seriously blizzard can't you ALREADY tell from the raid statistics that horde racials are way better than the alliance.
    And if you say you're still not sure , Crunch some numbers , do the math to try & figure this shit out for yourself
    WHY Do you need alliance players to faction change in order for you to be Convinced that Alliance side is in fact lacking ?! WTF...

    Heres an example for you

    ORC UNHOLY DeathKnight VS Human UNHOLY DeathKnight


    ORC

    ORC Axe Specialization: Expertise with Fist Weapons, Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 1%.


    Lets see here! The end game weapon that has a socket for Sha-touched gem just HAPPENS to be a two-hand Axe " Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion " - Thats the End game Strength weapon right there and Humans have no choice BUT to use it. IF Only there was a Sword version of that weapon that also had a Sha-touched socket for a legendary gem , Humans could also benefit from their Sword specialization racial.

    Blood Fury: Melee attack power increased by 4514, Spell power increased by 2257, Lasts 15 secs. 2Min CD. | This one doesn't even require an explanation - An Extra FREE PURE DPS Trinket right there for Orcs! Now Bllizard... why don't you remove one of Human's weapon specializations, either Mace or Sword and give us something JUST AS GOOD ?! Hmmm ?!

    Command: Damage dealt by pets increased by 5%. We know how Unholy death knights are dependent on their pets, 5% FREE Extra damage ?! Anyone ?!! What a Human death knight gets in return ? DIPLOMACY!


    Back to what I was talking about earlier , DO you honestly believe that Alliance racials are on par with Hordes ?! COME THE F-CK ON...
  1. Eleveneleven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boos View Post
    Mages are fine Arcane and Frost do fine Dps ....and fire not bad
    no they don't.

    look at WoL

    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    That is nice for your guild and your server but not everyone has the skilled server population to handle 25m raiding anymore. On my server there is one guild, the one I'm in, that has cleared all content on normal and has any reasonable progression through heroic modes. Everyone else is struggling with normal HoF. Out of the two 10m groups that the guild fields only one has that progression.

    Moving to 25m raiding would mean lowering our standards, getting worse progression, and all for the sake of 8 ilvl. You would essentially force guilds like mine to play with players that we don't want to play with. It is about choice.

    There has to be a way to let people CHOOSE what content that they want to raid, with who they want to raid with, without being penalized for choosing 10m over 25m due to situations outside of their control.
    That's Blizzard's fault for not merging servers or allowing free server transfers for low pop realms.
  1. khatsoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Will rogues be able to transmog Daggers > One hand Swords? They do share the same animations, so I think it should be allowed...Leaving out one or two classes would be pretty shitty IMO.
    They don't, only special attacks (like if you were using SS with a dagger, it would look like a sword animation) or finnishers as far as I know.
    The default white attack animation for daggers looks more like 'stabbing' and not 'hitting'. Also a Mutilate animation with 2 swords would look weird.
  1. nekobaka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Nothing is shoved down you throat. It IS optional. Just having the dailies there doesn't mean you have to do them. Not in the slightest. If you think them being available means you MUST do them, its probably because you are OCD and neurotic.
    Just as dungeons and raids are optional and yet players who didnt like them demanded they get nerfed. Than again the grinds was so gutted to further appeal to casuals and on top of that not much content regardless of what you did.

Site Navigation