MMO-Champion - Druid Tier 15 and Season 13 Preview, AskMrRobot Upgrade, Dec 21 Hotfixes, Blue Posts
DiabloFans - "Holiday in Sanctuary" Giveaway!

Druid Tier 15 and Season 13 Armor Sets Preview
Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final sets may be different!









AskMrRobot Gear Upgrade Support
AskMrRobot now supports gear upgrades, making it possible to easily optimize your gear once again! They are also working on adding a feature that tells you which items to upgrade, as some slots will gain more from an upgrade than others. For the full details on what has changed and what is upcoming, see this blog post.



Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - December 21
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes

Quests
  • Shan Kien will now respawn properly.
  • The quest "What's in the Box?" can now always be completed properly.

Items

Dungeons, Raids & Scenarios

Bug Fixes

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Charms and repetition of content
No, All we want is: Remove dailys. Give us tabards to get rep Gain 2 charms every bg/instance u do. Playing a game is for fun. So you forget rl and enjoy the game with friends. Unfortunately some ppl see it as full time job.
So, basically, you want to go back to the Cataclysm model (where dungeons are the source of rewards for several avenues). The very same model the developers have said several times they would like to move away from.

And on top of that, you want to get rid of a feature of the game... just because.
You don't really seem to take into consideration that there's people that actually enjoy running dailies and they'd rather not have to do dungeons ad nauseam (there're players that feel the opposite, as well, as this thread proved).

Also, there're other methods to increase certain reputations if you truly don't want to do dailies (Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Tillers (for individual friendships), Nat Pagle (of the Anglers) and Order of the Cloud Serpent).

But at the end of the day, it feels like some of these posts have an underlying message: "I only want to do dungeons/raids (but not LFR)". And, just as we've said in the past to PVP players that the developers want them to also experience the PVE part of the game, this should probably be said for those players as well: there's all this content outside dungeons/raiding available to you, that you can do if you so wish to. But, if you're willingly chosing not to take part on *that* content, is it truly fair to ask for everyone else to be forced to do the kind of content you personally enjoy?

That is exactly what I am saying, I wish to go dungeons, raids. You say more content is available out side of these. Where?

Scenario - no healer is need.
Daily Quests - impossible as healer.

Tell me how you wish me to play your game please?

You have two talent specializations. Why not have one for DPS? Even if it's a different healing spec, do you really need it at every single moment of the day? It's your choice to go with two healing specs, and that obviously comes with a downside (just as a tank that decides to go with two different tanking specs and argues his DPS is low on that content).

Proceeding to argue that because you run with a dual healing spec there's no content you can do is not going to get you very far because the answer is simple: use a DPS spec for that content.

No offense meant, but that is quite a arrogant solution. What if said person does not enjoy dpsing? So they are forced to make a dpsspec to do the content? Thats smells more like bad design.
If you are arguing that it's bad design that you're expected to do damage to defeat your foes (which is what you do on daily quests and scenarios) then I have the feeling we're just disagreeing on a fundamental level: what makes this game an (MMO)RPG.

You can't heal your foes to death (at least not yet), so if you don't want to DPS but want to do dailies, nothing short of divine intervention will help you solve your case. It really sounds like we just disagree on the most fundamental level: how the game should be played on its most basic level.

The real question here is - If endgame daily content is only beeing created for 1 role of 3 in the game... what effect does it have on the overall role balance in the game? Are there too many tanks in LFD ? Are there lines of Healers waiting in LFR ? No... and you wonder why?- When the endgame every day grind content is focused for DPS?
Has there ever been daily quests that didn't involve damaging something? (Yes, there's always been quests that require you to gather items, which is still the case). You're trying to relate queue times to daily quest design, but you can't really compare apples to oranges. Some players might not change their spec to do their dailies, but some will actually use their dps off-spec to go through them quicker.

In a world of Dual Talent Specs, NPCs giving you green quality gear to start your off-spec, there's not much reason to say you can't do that content other than *actively* refusing to use the tools at your disposal to make the most out of the game.

Forcing them to go spend time per week doing totally and utterly meaningless daily content in sub par dps gear is just a disgrace.
If it's "utterly meaningless content"... then why bother doing it? Other than the charms, you're not losing anything from not doing that content (you'll gear up slower since you won't be raising your reputations either, but regardless, you'll gear up eventually).

But that does not solve the big issue of the game. The big issue right now is that MOP is very unfriendly to alts and just mean and unfair to multirole characters. That needs to be fixed asap.
While it's probably fair to say that Mists is unfriendly to alts (which is something the developers have tried to ease with the Grand Commendations for Mists reputations, for example); to go and say that is unfair to "multirole characters" when you're screaming at the same time that you're refusing to use the other roles of your character is sheer contradiction.

In the last patch they reduced it from 20 to 5. So now it's even easier to hand them in and get extra rep
Yes. As of 5.1, the repeteable quest for The Klaxxi (Seeds of Fear) now only requires 5 Dread Amber Shards

1) Scenarios - there was no reason to exclude healers from this content, the content can have scaled dependant on the party make up. A tank joins? Then the mobs do need a tank. A healer joins? Then less mobs exist, though they do hit hard enough for a healer to be needed (so in effect the scenario is of the same length time wise, though every one still has a role to play).
You can enter a scenario and heal if that's what you want. Same deal with a tank. It's just not required to complete them, but the game is not going to penalize your group for it. (If anything, both cases might allow more reckless play from the two DPS).

2) Daily Quests - I am not the only healer in WoW so place healing daily quests in the game.
So, what about the classes that don't have a healing spec? They should be excluded from them because they chose the wrong class? While not all classes can heal (or tank), all of them can DPS. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Auction House Purchase Orders
Personally I must say I kind of like this idea, not sure if it would be that easy to implement tough.
Could be something like a simple WTB AH tab, and I supposed a timer would need to be associated with the purchase order as well.

But to be honest I think we would see some sort of reversed undercutting between buyers.

Let’s imagine for example:

Player A: Wants to buy 10 Fight Club at 1337 gold each.
Player B: Sees Player A’s offer and decides he wants to buy 10 Fight Club at 1338 each.
Player C: See’s all the available options and sells to the “highest bidder” = Player B.

I would still have a few concerns though, this would probably bring excessive complexity to the AH, because for example, if you are a seller, you are probably going to end up doing some extra work, not only you will have to check the current AH prices from other sellers (competitors), but you would also check the buyers offers against one another and against the current sellers prices in order to find the option that would benefit you the most.

Buyers would see a similar competition to sellers when they face constant undercutting. This would probably create a certain frustration because when you are a buyer, chances are you need those items more urgently than when you are a seller, since sellers only get gold.
So the sense of urgency from buyers would probably work against the success of this implementation.

Still I think this is a good idea and I’m probably exaggerating a bit when I speculate about the possible consequences. We just need to make sure that ideas are sound before we spend resources on them, we need to be sure that not only they would work, but that enough players would actually benefit and experience better gameplay because of it.

I’ll share the suggestion with the devs, but I suspect this isn’t something new to them, we’ll see. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Justice Points Rewards
Why is it that lvl 85s can earn more JP per hour than a 90 can? The 85 heroics still grant excellent rewards when doing them as 85s. Isn't this somewhat wrong? Should not increasing your level give you an advantage rather than a disadvantage?
Looking at the gear you can get for Justice Points, and knowing that people can hop into heroics at level 90 which rewards better gear than JPs are exchanged for, it makes sense that you don't get or need heaps of JPs once you're level 90.

Having said that, we've acknowledged that parts of the JP system wasn't ideal at the start of MoP. The JP gear would be more useful pre-90, while some people at level cap have mentioned they were sometimes finding JPs stacking up with nothing to spend them on. We'll make tweaks along the way to improve things as needed, based on feedback and monitoring of course. Converting excess VP to JP in 5.2 for those of you who need the points is a nice start. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Curse Launches Gamepedia
Curse has launched a brand new platform to compile information on games like Minecraft, DotA 2, Borderlands 2, WoW, and dozens more. As of now, there are 244,000 articles compiled by over 415,000 users with numbers growing by the minute.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Druid Tier 15 and Season 13 Preview, AskMrRobot Upgrade, Dec 21 Hotfixes, Blue Posts started by chaud View original post
Comments 128 Comments
  1. Shaley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    My old guild consisted of people who carried stacks of glyphs with them to reglyph mid-raid back when you had to really pay to reglyph.
    I absolutely, completely forgot about that. Feels like a decade ago where I had to carry glyphs to make it through the night. +1 Nostalgia. +2 for being spot on.
  1. Ferrouswheel's Avatar
    LOL, it amazes me that people still use ask mr. robot. It's widely known as a horseshit site.
    It's also very amusing to me that arrogant retarded blue decided to pull out the "MMO" part of mmorpg. Essentially arguing against what he is saying. I agree healers and tanks shouldn't be FORCED to make a dps os and then go grind out a set of dps gear just to go through content. They should have, oh I dunno maybe tabards so you can, oh I dunno maybe PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE MMO FUCKTARD. Well he did say mmo, and last time I checked, questing was shit solo content.
  1. Froziro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Love how many people are crying about charms, and the MoP system making it "harder" to reliably get gear because you have to grind dailies for them.

    I guess they're forgetting that these are a brand new feature to earn a chance at additional loot in conjunction to the loot you already won from regular drops.

    We lived without them for three expacs. You're getting a chance at additional free loot from a boss and you're whining that you have to put in additional time in order to do so? And you call yourself "hardcore" - ie, lording over the lesser peons, putting in long raid hours, doing whatever it takes for an edge, but somehow dailies for free loot are out of the question?

    I bet most of these people are the ones that cried about "casuals getting too much free loot ruining the game".
    All the top raiders feel the same as me, even Sco and rest of Method, aswell as Vodka. When you have the top 10 guilds also going on and on, is it then time to open our eyes? Is it that difficult to understand why? If your are raiding 20-25+ hours a week(as I do), to stay ahead, and have a life beside. Farming the damn boring dailies over and over and over becomes a pain in the ass. Therefor its more demanding raiding hardcore now, than before.

    Before every raid we have to bring atleast 80x pots, 60x 300stat food, 8 flasks, upgraded gear(VP) before first raid and make sure to have atleat 3 coins. Have you ever farmed for 300stat food? And how many stacks have you had at the most? And do you do this on an alt aswell?

    275 vs 300stat is about 3mill damage extra on a 8min fight, then u have the healing aswell.

    If you dont see the point, dont bother answer. Or put yourself in my shoes and see it from my perspective with the limited time we have beside raiding and real life stuff.
  1. Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    You could aoe those TBC mobs for motes with friend, buy from AH or kill on alt. Those drops you were specifically speaking about (Aldor/Scryer) could also be received via running dungeons (group content) and were quite cheap.
    Obsidian warbeads were BoP. Don't know what you're going on about there.

    How it is same to looting 12 objects form ground, where only 4-5 up at a time with dozen other people doing same? Or killing same mushans, which have "39% drop rate" as you say, which have half million HP, scattered so can't be really aoe'd, and only few up at a time?
    That you can't think of some efficient way with multiple people of killing multiple mobs means you aren't really thinking about it very hard, and would rather complain.

    Tell me where on AH can I buy mushan tongues, shieldwall robot drops or any other quest drops? It isn't even remotely same.

    But as usual, people who are used to play dps, they won't even think that something goes wrong in MoP. Log into WoW, make your dps naked, die, get res sickness, and then go and try kill something! Feel the misery, feel what tanks and healers, who are pushed into those dailies, feel! Then come back and say, hey drop rate is "39% according to wowhead", and it is so much more fun than dungeons!
    If the answer was as simple as grabbing guildies who had to do the exact same thing ANYWAY and use them and accomplish the task faster, yes, I'd rather do dailies than grind dungeons over and over again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vengeånce™ View Post
    I love that some folks believe multiple pieces of gear fall for you in progression raiding and that the pieces aren't assigned to players based on a combination of potential gain and/or minimal loss. Not to mention how many weeks it took any one of us to be "geared".
    It doesn't change the fact that the raids can be done in heroic dungeon gear. Therefore, valor gear is not required. Simple. As. That.

    You might as well say that blizzard should put a cap on the time other players are able to play, simply because you or members of your raid team have a job and can't play at some hour of the day, and it's therefore "unfair" that other guilds are able to progress more easily because they're able to put in more time.

    If your guild doesn't expect you to do everything you can to be competitive, it wasn't a progression raiding guild. Keyword = progression
    Then you either do it, or you don't. That players that put in more time can get more reward (or filler rewards, as it were) shouldn't come as a surprise.

    I lol'd when I read this. Solid troll here. I have to commend you on that.
    Then you're a fool.
  1. Shaley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Froziro View Post
    275 vs 300stat is about 3mill damage extra on a 8min fight, then u have the healing aswell.
    Assuming 17 DPS doing 50,000 DPS (purposely low-balling this number), that equates out to 850,000 raid DPS.

    3 Million extra damage on a boss fight equates to 3 1/2 seconds. Only 1 fight this entire expansion so far has had a DPS check, and it lasted for all of 1-2 weeks.

    I stand by my previous comments in the thread regarding 275 vs 300 stat food. It's definitely a DPS/HPS gain, obviously. There is no disputing that.

    But unless you were working on Heroic Gara'jal week 1 of his availability, or Heroic Sha of Fear, there shouldn't be any reason that people feel the 300 stat food is "mandatory" in the same vein they think dailies are mandatory.


    All that said, you had a lot of good points expressed in a mature manner, so I definitely appreciate that. And while I agree (somewhat) that there can be a major time investment, we all have to deal with it. There has always been a time investment, and sacrifices have always been made to be cutting edge in this game. Before, it was "How can I be expected to run this many dungeons and farm all my mats for raid?" Now it's just "How can I be expected to run all these dailies and farm all my mats for raid?" Been around too long to see the patterns here.
  1. Merawen's Avatar
    Im in the same boat as the healer posted on the forums. Blizzard no longer design content for the gamers that they enjoy. Blizzard designs content that they thinks the gamers HAVE TO enjoy, and dont move a centimeter from this standpoint. Doing solo(!) dailys is a fundamental point of every mmorpg?
  1. Froziro's Avatar
    The problem could be solved with this:

    For every dungeon, you could get x(lets say 12) amount of charms aswell as Valor Points.

    That way the players can choose by doing dailies or dungeons! I would`ve loved that. Raiders like me would have given the chance of farming both charms and VP at the same time. Dailies does not give enough VP.

    That way healers would be happy aswell!
  1. Sidone's Avatar
    No, then everyone en masse will go do dungeons. And that's not Blizzard's intent. If you'd make it 3 charms per run, then yeah, maybe they think it's a good option. A good group can then farm them quick and easy. And the people who like dailies can do dailies (wich in the end will be quickest and more favorable). It's a tough balancing act. Same with reputation with dungeons. I am on Blizzard's standpoint.
  1. Froziro's Avatar
    but healers are raging atm. forcing them to do dps spec isn`t they way to go either. So charms in dungeons would help alot.

    And giving the players more options wouldnt be a bad idea. We all play this game because we like it, but when there`s something we dont like, it would be nice to avoid it as much as possible. And believe me, the majority of raiders really dislike the dailies. But we love the rest.

    With my suggestion, everyone wins?
  1. rauta's Avatar
    farming 3 coins takes like 1-1,5h as DD. If you are playing every day atleast 30 min reserve 15 min per day to dailies and it's done.
  1. Ryme's Avatar
    Looking through those blue posts, a giant and colossal I told you so is bubbling up inside me: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-loot-tables.
  1. Ausr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Froziro View Post
    All the top raiders feel the same as me, even Sco and rest of Method, aswell as Vodka. When you have the top 10 guilds also going on and on, is it then time to open our eyes? Is it that difficult to understand why? If your are raiding 20-25+ hours a week(as I do), to stay ahead, and have a life beside. Farming the damn boring dailies over and over and over becomes a pain in the ass. Therefor its more demanding raiding hardcore now, than before.

    Before every raid we have to bring atleast 80x pots, 60x 300stat food, 8 flasks, upgraded gear(VP) before first raid and make sure to have atleat 3 coins. Have you ever farmed for 300stat food? And how many stacks have you had at the most? And do you do this on an alt aswell?

    275 vs 300stat is about 3mill damage extra on a 8min fight, then u have the healing aswell.

    If you dont see the point, dont bother answer. Or put yourself in my shoes and see it from my perspective with the limited time we have beside raiding and real life stuff.

    Oh that's just such horseshit. You'd probably cry your little eyes out if you had to do BC raiding considering things were far more scarce and harder to come by than MoP. If you were actually in a hardcore guild, your guild has a shit ton of money and will be buying the necessary materials for raiding.

    Too bad you're just talking out of your ass much like these moronic people whining about having to grind dailies but would have no problem grinding out dungeons for rep. Yeah, that makes much more logical sense.
  1. offthewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Oh that's just such horseshit. You'd probably cry your little eyes out if you had to do BC raiding considering things were far more scarce and harder to come by than MoP. If you were actually in a hardcore guild, your guild has a shit ton of money and will be buying the necessary materials for raiding.

    Too bad you're just talking out of your ass much like these moronic people whining about having to grind dailies but would have no problem grinding out dungeons for rep. Yeah, that makes much more logical sense.

    People will never be satisfied in this game. In BC, it was a chore to raise and alt to max level and even begin to gear them. Fast forward to MOP, i hit 90 on my druid alt the other day and within 4 hours of some dung running he is already to do the first 3 bosses of MV. I didn't grind dailys. I am now just for fun and within 4 days of doing some I am almost exalted with several factions. I don't understand why this "grind" qq keeps coming up. Remember, the so called "hardcore raiders" (I use this term lightly because 75% of them were not even around in BC which was true hardcore raiding) don't pay the monthly bills. They are only part of the equation. Blizz is always trying to please everyone and when people qq and qq more and more it just makes those qqer's looked so spoiled. Honestly, if i worked on the development team at blizz, i would be completely unmotivated to even come to work so I could be bashed everyday by some spoiled little brat about how bad my game is even though we all know WOW is an amazing game. Hell, we wouldn't be on this site complaining about everything if it wasn't. Stepping off my soap box now, have a Merry Christmas.
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    You crybabies are hilarious.

    It's so ridiculously easy to quest as a tank or a healer now, compared to TBC where you essentially NEEDED to either PAY to respec or NEEDED the help of a friend.

    Seriously. I quested as a holy priest before while waiting for a dungeon queue.... the mobs almost bend over faster than for a shadow spec. And that was BEFORE the 50% chastise buff.

    Tanks can just pull the whole area and AoE them down.

    Get a grip, babies, WoW has far more severe problems.
  1. Kathranis's Avatar
    It's funny how adding a new feature like the Charms has resulted in certain opinions from so many players.

    Chance to get gear from a boss = "Fine."
    Chance to get gear from a boss, plus an extra chance if nothing drops, provided you farm a charm = "Forced to farm charms."


    Blizzard added a reward to daily quests to make that content more desirable for dungeoneers and raiders. This is a completely new reward, added on top of the existing system. Now dungeoneers and raiders say that they're "forced" to do it. It gives you a good idea of the mindset of some of these min-maxing types.


    I think the ultimate lesson from this is that Blizzard should not incentivize optional content for dungeoneers and raiders, because to dungeoneers and raiders there is no such thing as "optional" content.


    It's funny that these are the same people who complain about the game being too easy and that it should go back to the BC model, or Classic model, even though it was far harder to gear up and distribute gear back in those days and you were forced to do attunement quests before you could even get into the raids, and you couldn't easily chain-run heroics because you could only do each once a day and had to put together the group yourself...
  1. Hellum's Avatar
    First of all tanks can pretty much faceroll dailies quickly. My druid guardian off spec (resto main spec) can easily tank 6-8 mobs at the same (mogu in eternal vale during Golden lotus dailies for an example) time and AoE them down in not to much time.
    Secondly if i wanted two healing specs, for what ever reason that may be, why not do the so called "solo content" with a group?
    You know what is fun in an mmo, playing with other people. Find a likeminded person on your server and go do the dailies. Ask in general, ask in cities, ask in guild chat you are bound to group up with someone, and chances are, if you are nice to them they are nice to you. If you want a better community it is not that hard. Take an interest in your fellow player, and a great number of times you will end up having a good time.
    This is just my humble opinion of course.

    *EDIT* About charms. I think they should ad charms to challenge mode dungeons. That way there is another way to get them, and it is not as steamroll easy as heroics...
  1. Kathranis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellum View Post
    Secondly if i wanted two healing specs, for what ever reason that may be, why not do the so called "solo content" with a group?
    I was thinking the same thing myself. Group up with a couple DPS and let them go crazy on a ton of quest mobs at a time while keeping them healed and your quests would be completed in no time at all.
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    It's funny that these are the same people who complain about the game being too easy and that it should go back to the BC model, or Classic model
    99% of all the people claiming to want back BC/Classic would hide under a rock and weep bitter tears if Blizzard would do it.
  1. Kathranis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Froziro View Post
    The problem could be solved with this:

    For every dungeon, you could get x(lets say 12) amount of charms aswell as Valor Points.

    That way the players can choose by doing dailies or dungeons! I would`ve loved that. Raiders like me would have given the chance of farming both charms and VP at the same time. Dailies does not give enough VP.

    That way healers would be happy aswell!
    That defeats the purpose of the charms.

    Blizzard added them because they wanted dungeoneers and raiders to feel like they had a reason to exit the dungeon queue and go do some of the other content if they wanted to. IE, a chance to get some extra gear, maybe.

    The problem is that dungeoneers and raiders don't understand "optional" content. Anything that provides any sort of benefit to their dungeoneering and raiding instantly becomes "required," even if it's something they didn't have before.

    Blizzard's design intent was never to give additional rewards to dungeoneers and raiders for doing the same content they're already doing.


    As I said in an earlier post, Blizzard made the obvious flaw of incentivizing optional content for a group of players who don't understand the meaning of the word "optional."

    If they hadn't added elder charms of good fortune, none of these people would be complaining about being "forced" to do daily quests, and wouldn't complain about not getting extra rolls for loot because they'd never have experienced that.


    IMO, Blizzard should add "Seeds of Good Fortune" to the farm, so that these players will be "forced" to literally farm these things that they now so desperately need even though they never needed them before.
  1. Hellum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    99% of all the people claiming to want back BC/Classic would hide under a rock and weep bitter tears if Blizzard would do it.
    The only upside to it i could see with BC/vanilla model is to make people talk to each other again while in groups. I think the current system is superior in almost every way, but back then you really befriended others more. You can still do that, but people have gone away from it because it is not needed anymore. You could actually have a conversation with other people. And have fun with them. If you made a mistake you were not instant kicked, you gave it another go.

Site Navigation