MMO-Champion - Blizzard Store: Swift Windsteed Mount Now Available
Blizzard Store: Swift Windsteed Mount Now Available
The Swift Windsteed is now available for 25 USD on the US store and 20 EUR on the EU store.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Take the reins of one of Pandaria’s most majestic and rare beasts, the Swift Windsteed, and it is said that good fortune will follow. Dart across the heavens on a silver cloud as fast as your riding skill allows. Once purchased from the Blizzard Store, the mount will be available to all present and future World of Warcraft characters for a single Battle.net®account.



This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzard Store: Swift Windsteed Mount Now Available started by chaud View original post
Comments 289 Comments
  1. Qly's Avatar
    God awful goat/dragon cross breed abortion...
    That is the ugliest thing i've seen in wow
  1. Skum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    The whole of Activision/Blizzards's development costs where less than half of what WoW generates, just to give you an idea how little WoW actually costs to develop.



    Yet the developers you pay spend time developing an item you have to pay extra for, something we didn't do in the past, nor should have to...



    Wasn't me that claimed it improved the experience, it was in a reply to such a claim.



    The developer you payed for to work on the game is taking time off to work on something you pay extra for, how is that not an issue? And as Blizzard claimed on multiple occasions that the main issue with slow content delivery is just lack of hire-able developers and especially artists it actually takes away resources from the main development.
    Blizzard is a business - they want to make money. If you don't like what they're selling then don't buy it. Why do people complain about such dumbass things? Most global businesses have additional things you can purchase alongside a main subscription.

    The bold bit made me cringe. You're not paying a developer to do anything you clueless imbecile. You are paying Blizzard for a videogame - how they distribute their personnel is entirely their decision. If you feel as though what they are doing is detrimental to the end product to the point where you don't want it any more then stop your subscription and take your tears elsewhere.

    To be honest, anyone that gets their knickers in a twist over this trivial issue should probably leave their parents basement and get a clue in life.

    Infracted
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Nothing anecdotal about it, hard to miss when SW and Shrine of Seven Stars go from being packed to empty in a few months.
    It's nothing but your own experience, and the experience of a few* others. You have no solid facts or numbers to back up your statement.

    *(Using "few" in regards to the fact that as of the last board meeting there was 10 million people playing the game)

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    Enough money to buy this in my Battle.net balance and they won't let you purchase things from the store with that money! Woe is me.
    It's most likely an anti-botting thing. Imagine the amount of stuff D3 exploiters could buy with money earned from compromised accounts and/or botting.
  1. Forumchibi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Snip
    You're pretty much just asking why we should have to pay for anything, and why can't they just build it into the game for free, and thinking anyone who pays more than they should is being foolish.

    The bottom-line for both sides is simply: because they can. On Blizzard's side, the money they make from these is like the subscription, it goes towards updates and maintenance, or else they would not be the massive company with a rep for good games the way that they are. If Blizzard can continue to make profit from something to improve their games and get themselves more money, they can and will do so, and it would be stupid of them not to. They'll probably make half a million bucks on this, if not more. That's why Blizzard does not make them free for everyone to get. You can call them selfish, but that's the nature of all MMO companies is to make revenue wherever they can on any service they think people will pay for - that's how F2P MMOs with in-game stores, like Guild Wars 2, where you trade money for items or currency keep going. The more money you can make wherever you can make it, the more successful you and your game will be. You could argue that every pay service should be free, but if WoW didn't have extra mounts, and all of their expansions and services were free, we would definitely not be playing the same game right now.

    As for the people who buy the mount, no, they don't need them, they already have plenty. But if they love the way it looks and it improves how they feel while playing the game they love, then it is a worthwhile investment for them, and they are willing to give their money to a good company in exchange for a good product. For a one-time payment of $25, they can enjoy a beautiful mount on every character for the next, I don't know, 3-7 years, however long WoW lasts. The subscription fee is not really a part of this (unless you're tight enough on money where you just can't afford to even think about paying for this on top of the other), because clearly Blizzard doesn't need more of your money, but you're giving more cash to a company you trust to make a better product in the long run, and you get an odd looking mount for it. It's win-win. Now for the people in this thread like myself who think it's a hideous looking beast, we would lose $25 which is a lot worse than the ugly mount we'd be getting for it, and Blizzard doesn't gain or lose anything, which is why it's just a purely optional mount on the store - neither side loses out by not buying it.
  1. bovidae's Avatar
    looks like it could have been a christmas quest reward, but nah why give anything to players for free
    certainly not gonna buy it
  1. Palemoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    If the forums are to be believed, WoW has been dying since release. No seriously, it's been a shitstorm of complaints for 8 years now. Happy players are busy playing the game, not posting on the forums.
    Only the forums? Fan sites as well. This entire conversation thread could have been a 1:1 copy from the heart of the aspects, or the guardian mount, or the celestial steed, or any of the store pets. And no one would even notice. In sum:

    WoW is dying. Blizzard are padding their pockets with this extra mount. (Extra point for showing your sarcasm by replacing the z's with $) No one will buy it. Everyone will buy it. I won't be special because everyone will buy it. It's too expensive. It's too cheap, only scrubs will get it. Blizzard gets enough money with subscription fees, they should give us free mounts every month. Be glad for what you get. They shouldn't create new content but fix the old one. It's ugly. It's nice. It's just cosmetic. It's [.....] .... ....
  1. Mongoose19's Avatar
    Mmmmm 25 bucks well spent.......NOT
  1. Essenji's Avatar
    This one looks rather silly. I'm not really comfortable spending RL-cash on mounts anyway, but this one... Wow. It would've been a lot cooler if they just removed the cloud and had it create shimmering solid tracks as if it was walking on a glass surface (if you can picture it). And it looks a little fat :P
  1. Crushima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You could argue that every pay service should be free, but if WoW didn't have extra mounts, and all of their expansions and services were free, we would definitely not be playing the same game right now.
    This is simply rubbish imo. You have no proof that all the proceeds from this and other digital purchase options from the blizzard store actually go towards developing more content, or upgrading servers, rather than into the pockets of the shareholders or ceo.

    While I would love to think that the subscription fee I have paid for since vanilla goes solely towards wow development, the reality is that most of it goes towards Titan.
  1. Aliok's Avatar
    My reaction: yay. :|
  1. Qly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    The developer you payed for to work on the game is taking time off to work on something you pay extra for, how is that not an issue? And as Blizzard claimed on multiple occasions that the main issue with slow content delivery is just lack of hire-able developers and especially artists it actually takes away resources from the main development.
    Oh please im paying blizzard to play wow, they develop it however they see fit since it's their f'ing game, if i don't like it i'll stop paying/playing

    It amazes me how entitled some people feel for 15$

    Why don't you take your 15 dolars a month and go rearange blizzards president office?? you're paying for it!!! you know what?? i think you should get to direct a movie or two, that is if you're paying netflix

    btw i hate that thing, goat or whatever the hell it is
  1. Redblade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You're pretty much just asking why we should have to pay for anything, and why can't they just build it into the game for free, and thinking anyone who pays more than they should is being foolish.
    No I'm asking why we should pay extra, we're already paying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    On Blizzard's side, the money they make from these is like the subscription, it goes towards updates and maintenance, or else they would not be the massive company with a rep for good games the way that they are.
    Already said, half of what WoW brings in pays for all of Activision/Blizzard's development, so no, it doesn't go towards updates and maintenance, in fact it doesn't even go to more resources as Blizzard still after 8 years apparently struggles to find the right people to hire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You could argue that every pay service should be free, but if WoW didn't have extra mounts, and all of their expansions and services were free, we would definitely not be playing the same game right now.
    Yes we would, and they would still make buckets of profit.


    As for the rest, it's mostly apart of the "but they are a business" defense which to be quite blunt, a load of crap.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Oh please im paying blizzard to play wow, they develop it however they see fit since it's their f'ing game, if i don't like it i'll stop paying/playing
    Not payed for WoW for years by now, so I did just that, that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion nor discussion on the subject.
  1. Frank Garrett's Avatar
    these mounts put players such as myself in a huge disadvantage when it comes to mount achievements.
    i currently have 141 mounts and haven't bought any blizzard store mounts.
    it's almost like you don't buy them you don't get your 150 mount achievement
  1. Granyala's Avatar
    The developer you payed for to work on the game is taking time off to work on something you pay extra for, how is that not an issue? And as Blizzard claimed on multiple occasions that the main issue with slow content delivery is just lack of hire-able developers and especially artists it actually takes away resources from the main development.
    It's one tiny model. Basically a reskinned / pimped Talbuk. It's not like it takes months of manpower to create something like this.

    As long as Blizzard doesn't sell player power and still provides us with nice things outside the cash shop, I'm perfectly fine with this.

    @Mount: You are one hideous S.O.B. You won't get into my mount collection, but be warned: My huntress still needs exotic leather!
  1. Septik's Avatar
    While I would love to think that the subscription fee I have paid for since vanilla goes solely towards wow development, the reality is that most of it goes towards Titan.
    the reality is this titan thing has been tossed around on forums for at least 5 years. yet nothing has ever been talked about it, other than random claims it is the mysterious hole that all of blizzards profit/good ideas must go into cause if they went into wow itd be like a million times better... give me a break.

    ot: none of the store mounts have been purchase worthy, id rather purchase mim's head for cash over anything on the store so far.
  1. Forumchibi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    ... the reality is that most of it goes towards Titan.
    You say that like it's a bad thing, and no, I don't doubt that the money goes toward other things like Starcraft II, Titan, and Diablo III. You're right, I don't have proof of where the money is going, but since Blizzard continues to be a good company and provides quality products so that the money is likely staying within the company, and there's not stories in the news of massive scandals where all the devs are fleeing the country, then it's perfectly fine, and players like me will occasionally continue to throw money at them for mounts and pets that we enjoy knowing that we're getting something awesome for it and that Blizzard will keep up its standards.
  1. derpkitteh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    And what is borked about it? I just saw one in Orgrimmar and it looked fine to me.
    you rock back and forth while it runs. that completely ruins any mount for me. talbuks have been doing it too, since MoP hit. and as i said, it was the death knight deathcharger that did it first.
  1. Duster505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing, and no, I don't doubt that the money goes toward other things like Starcraft II, Titan, and Diablo III. You're right, I don't have proof of where the money is going, but since Blizzard continues to be a good company and provides quality products so that the money is likely staying within the company, and there's not stories in the news of massive scandals where all the devs are fleeing the country, then it's perfectly fine, and players like me will occasionally continue to throw money at them for mounts and pets that we enjoy knowing that we're getting something awesome for it and that Blizzard will keep up its standards.
    Good company? You do realise that BLizzard has a story of actually listening to their players and designing games for the players. So why on earth did D3 not have at least optional servers that had no RMAH and you couldn't trade items other than in the group you ran with? Cause most players wanted that over forced RMAH.

    So BLizzard has changed. Its no longer designing games for their gamers. WOW has been turned into a themepark game that has very little to do with solid and good RPG systems. The talent trees have been turned into a joke and the 90 lvls of leveling feels empty compared to the early characters where you got new stuff every level.
  1. Airwaves's Avatar
    I have paid for every mount but the pony, but what the fuck is that? If that isn't the ugliest mount i have seen in wow its dam close.
  1. Forumchibi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    No I'm asking why we should pay extra, we're already paying.



    Already said, half of what WoW brings in pays for all of Activision/Blizzard's development, so no, it doesn't go towards updates and maintenance, in fact it doesn't even go to more resources as Blizzard still after 8 years apparently struggles to find the right people to hire.



    Yes we would, and they would still make buckets of profit.


    As for the rest, it's mostly apart of the "but they are a business" defense which to be quite blunt, a load of crap.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:51 PM ----------



    Not payed for WoW for years by now, so I did just that, that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion nor discussion on the subject.
    At this point I'm assuming you don't even know how a business is run. So far your argument for everything is that Blizzard should give everything away for free and that money just falls from the sky for everyone. I already answered your question on why they charge us extra, and your response is that it's "a load of crap" just because you think they're an evil corporation, so this is not even a discussion anymore. I'd love to know where then do you think this money is going, overseas? Of course Blizzard is pocketing some of that money, that's how they keep their employees happy in a garbage economy and give their long-time employees amazing gifts for X-years of service, and in turn we get a better game. You talk about them not being able to find the right staff - considering the team of SWTOR and FFXIV got fired shortly after launch because their game was generally thought of as a failure, it's a lot better to be looking for the right people rather than letting go of them all (granted I think Blizz had one set of layoffs last year, but I don't even remember the department).

    And while the game still might be going and they still profit from all the monthly subscriptions, they would not be making buckets of profit and operate the same. You've clearly never played most of the other MMOs that are out there that are down to a handful of low population servers with horrible content and a lack of timely or interesting updates. Warcraft is and continues to be successful for a reason, as does Blizzard and all the other games they make. They don't announce release dates because they can take their time to make a quality product, unlike a majority of other games that have gone F2P purely to survive.

Site Navigation