Want to talk about this news post? Use this thread! Please don't attempt to enter the contest in it, as your entry will not be counted.
MMO-Champion Giveaway - Swift Windsteed Mount - Day 1
It is time to do another belated holiday giveaway! This time we are starting with 5 x Swift Windsteed. Be sure to read the full rules below. Good luck!
- 4 x Swift Windsteed will be given away on the forum to people that reply to this news post.
- 1 x Swift Windsteed will be given away to someone following us on Twitter.
- To enter the contest, just post a reply in this news post or follow us on Twitter.
- You have until Thursday January 17th @ 1 AM EST to enter the contest. After that time this thread will be closed and winners will be selected randomly.
- Winners will receive a PM on the forum or DM on Twitter asking for their region (US or EU), which they have 72 hours to reply to. After that, a new winner will be selected. Don't forget to log in and check your PMs and DMs!
- Entering more than once per contest thread is useless and will get you disqualified. There will be no 2nd chance for people posting more than one comment in this thread, you have been warned. (We will also of course check for double accounts, etc)
- You are welcome to enter both on the forum and on Twitter for two chance to win!
Patch 5.2 PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues
Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - January 14
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
SWTOR Patch 1.7 Coming Soon
Patch 1.7 is coming soon, bringing a reputation system and new recurring event! Be sure to keep an eye on DarthHater and our SWTOR forum for more SWTOR news.
Originally Posted by SWTORGame Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon to The Old Republic™, allowing players to experience brand new in-game content, including a limited time event and an exciting new way to progress your character.
- Explore the Planet Ilum to unveil a new Event, Relics of the Gree! A mysterious ancient Gree starship called “the Gray Secant” has appeared over Ilum’s Western Ice Shelf. Those who are brave enough will get the chance to help the Gree and face off against a powerful foe waiting in the heart of the Gree vessel. Republic and Imperial forces that finish this mission will earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly advanced weapon and armor appearances!
- Advance your character with the new Galactic Reputation system! The Galactic Reputation system lets you earn Reputation points by completing missions for factions such as the Gree or the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire. This new system advances characters through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend". Galactic Reputation is also tied to a character’s Legacy, so Reputation points and ranks are shared across all the characters within the same Legacy!
Guild Wars 2 in the Months Ahead
Guild Wars 2 has now sold over three million copies since launch! They also posted a long blog post today about what to expect in the first half of 2013. If you are interested in more frequent GW2 news, see Guild Wars 2 Guru and our GW2 Forum!
- New and improved world events, based off of the things learned from the previous ones.
- Tokens for achievements that you can turn in to select from a list of rewards, such as Ascended gear and Infusions.
- Completion of a subgroup of daily achievements to get credit.
- No new tier between Ascended and Legendary in 2013.
- New guild rewards, missions, and tools.
- Paid server transfers, with time limitations and WvW restrictions, and guesting ability, which allows players to visit friends on other servers in every part of the game except for WvW.
- A system of prestige and advancement for WvW, giving players a progression path where they earn new WvW-only abilities and bonuses, and with them gain prestige and visible titles/recognition.
- More short term reasons to be winning in WvW.
- Fixes for culling.
- Better PvP matching, allowing players to be matched against people with a similar skill level.
- Observer mode for PvP, custom arenas, leaderboards, and more tournaments and prizes.
- Improved LFG, new player experience, and other fixes.