Isle of Thunder US - Stage 2 Unlocked
Patch 5.2 Dev Interviews
Let's take a look at another one of the dev interviews today, the MMORPG interview with Ghostcrawler.
- New character models are still actively being worked on.
- Pandaren are a good example of how detailed the new models will be. They have facial animations with moving eyes and mouths, fingers that are all individual and not just a mitten, as well as new animations.
- "MMORPG: As long as my Dwarf looks prettier. That’s a good thing. Greg: It is coming, and the new dwarf is very pretty."
- Defense of the Alehouse is an experiment right now, with no definite release date.
- Blizzard is working on other battlegrounds that we likely will see sooner.
- Patch 5.3 will tell the story that leads up to the Siege of Orgrimmar. Varian will bring the Alliance together and push the Horde apart.
- Work had started on Patch 5.2 and 5.3 before 5.0 even launched.
- Blizzard can now plan for the next expansion far enough ahead to put some seeds of what is to come in the current story.
- On Blizzcon: "I think we’re going to have a lot to talk about."
- Moving to free to play would require it to be more successful than the current business model, which isn't the case right now.
Throne of Thunder Heroic Progression
Lots of progress this weekend! Method, DREAM Paragon, and Blood Legion are all now 10/13. While there is no video of Heroic Dark Animus yet, Blood Legion has uploaded one of Primordius.
You can keep up with the kills on Manaflask, our forum thread, and WowProgress.
Automatic Flight Path Discovery Unintended
It looks like we can look forward to a post in the coming week about why automatic flight path discovery was unintended and is not coming back.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Race to World First
Now that the race is on once again, the Race to World First documentary is free to watch for the next two weeks.
Guild Wars 2: The End of Culling
An interesting post popped up this week that demonstrates a solution for game performance during large scale PvP battles. Previously, in large scale PvP, players that were farther away from you were hidden to reduce the load on your client. This led to people that you couldn't see attacking you for several seconds before they became visible.
Under the changed system, the client can render characters using the normal high res models, low res and much more generic model, and the just nameplates only. Players can set the number of characters to render with a model vs nameplates, as well as the quality of models to be used.