Patch 5.3 - Heroic Scenarios
Patch 5.3 adds a new type of scenario, the Heroic Scenario. These currently require an item level of 496 to queue for, but keep in mind that this is the PTR and things are not final. (Remember that the Patch 5.2 LFR initially had a higher item level requirement, which was then lowered)
Upon entering a heroic scenario, you will see the additional objectives listed to the right. These are optional, and will reward you with an extra 90 Valor Points if you successfully complete both. If one of the two is failed, you receive no bonus Valor Points. Even if you fail the objectives, you will still earn the increased amount of gold.
Only two scenarios have bonus objectives implemented so far, and both use a hidden timer as one of the bonus objectives. There is no way to know how long you have, or if you failed until after the attempt is complete.
The difficulty in these scenarios is increased by more damage and increased health. The NPCs seem to have ~2.3x the health and do significantly more damage. The damage is significant enough that you can't ignore all the mechanics and just AoE down everything, but not excessively challenging, especially with the current item level requirement. Most of the fights are possible to do with just two players, but having someone who wears plate or can throw a few offspec heals may come in handy if someone stands in something.
You will earn 140 Valor for your first scenario if the bonus objectives are completed and 115 Valor if it isn't your first. Keep in mind that that the amount of Valor isn't final yet, and many of the tooltips refer to 50 bonus Valor for completing the bonus objectives, rather than 90.
Patch 5.3 - New Scenario Steps
You can see the new scenario achievements on WoWDB.
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionBlood in the Snow
- The Mountaineers - Contact the Dark Iron Mountaineers atop Shimmer Ridge and find a way to stop the storm.
- Save Scout Stonebeard - Slay the trolls cooking Scout Stonebeard and free him.
- Save Scout Boldbrew - Slay the trolls trying to cook Scout Boldbrew.
- Save Scout Forgefellow - Slay the trolls about to sacrifice Scout Forgefellow.
- The Cold Cave - Slay the elemental spirit in the ice cave to end the snowstorm.
- Victory or Death - Join Moira's forces, slay the Zandalari leader, and captures the Frostmane village.
Dark Heart of Pandaria
- Talk to the Boss - Speak with Grizzle Gearslip.
- Rock Grinding - Destroy the greater elemental ravaging the Big Blossom Mine.
- Time is Money - Finish gathering the archaeology fragments from the dig site.
- End of the Mine - Travel deep into Big Blossom Mine and blast open the wall.
- Heartbreak - Destroy the Echo of Y'Sharrj.
The Secrets of Emberdeep
- Infiltration - Breach the main chamber and stop the mongrel forces.
- Reconnaissance - Investigate the main chamber.
- The Sealed Gate - Help Ticker build a device to open the next gate.
- Holdout - Defend the Gob Squad while Patch establishes an escape route.
- Egress - Escape with the Gob Squad.
Battle on the High Seas
- Boarding Party! - Protect the Ship! Defeat the Horde Boarding party.
- Explosives Acquisition - Steal Explosives from enemy Demolitionists.
- To Smithereens! - Plant explosives on the Alliance Ship to destroy it!
- Defeat the Admiral! - Defeat Admiral Hodgson.
Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: March 27
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Under the Hood: Anatomy of Sound Design
Ways to Earn Hearthstone Cards
The Daily Blink - Hearthstone: The Game for *Almost* Everyone
The Daily Blink shares the opinion of the two players that don't like Hearthstone.