MMO-Champion - World First Glory of the Thundering Raider, Blood in the Snow, Blue Tweets, TCG Art
Give Blizzard Your Density Feedback, How to Make Shields Viable Again?, Disconnecting From Being Idle, Community Commentary

World First Glory of the Thundering Raider
Congratulations to 炼狱 for completing the Glory of the Thundering Raider achievement, which rewards a Armored Skyscreamer!



Patch 5.3 - Blood in the Snow Scenario
This is the first new scenario added in Patch 5.3, completable after you have seen the intro and picked up the quest.



Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Classes
It's probably still a valid point, but don't compare a mitigation-geared DK to a haste-geared paladin.
It is also the case that some tanks care a lot about their DPS and some just don't, even at the cutting-edge. That skews data. (Source)

stop removing unique class abilities to just add X generic for all classes. Bring back mana burn
We do the X generic thing to avoid too much class stacking / benching. Mana Burn we just didn't like. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
So, wait. in 5.3 Sudden Doom does NOTHING for DKs before level 70? seems silly.
Unholy Presence is level 64 now. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Hunter Bloat:EotB not "bloat-" Rotational and combat bloat is the problem. Ex.rather have Widow Venom baked in like war/monks.
While combat bloat is a bigger problem, anything that fills up action bars is a problem. Venom would be a (small) PvP buff. (Source)

why don't you want to answer to a question about hunter pet auto-taunt in dungeons? It's an obstacle that shouldn't exist.
It's a problem but we haven't come up with a solution we like more than the problem. (Source)

You made warriors dual 2h weaps you dedicated whole mop to locks why cant hunters dual 1h guns?
It would require a lot of new animation and itemization and we're not sure the gain, while positive, would be worth the cost. (Source)
(And whenever I say "cost" I am talking about production time, which is much more salient to our development than dollars.) (Source)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
E.g., FB plus Flamestrike plus 3 GCDs of Blizzard weaker than 5x NT. FB strong enough, but fillers too weak so NT stays ahead.
We were just talking about this. It's a fair point. We probably should have buffed the AEs when we buffed the bombs. (Source)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Eminence not procing legendary, Glyph of Uplift isn't working with it. Channels don't benefit until recast.
Because it's Real PPM (tm) as long as something procs it, you'll get the full benefit from the buff. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Holy Paladin T14 4pc bonus feels mandatory because its better than T15 heroic items please do something
Still skeptical of this. Giving up all of those stats on the higher ilevel is a big cost. (Source)
Thats the whole problem. You're trading 4t14 with stats, the t15 bonuses are absolute 0. The 4 t14 bonus is also fun...
I think absolute 0 is probably an overstatement. What you're talking us into though is nerfing the t14 4 pc. (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
I quote in 5.2 "We nerfed Phantasm and Psyfiend we didn’t want to hurt Mass Dispel or other utility that Shadow" I'm confused?
We looked, and very few Shadow took the Glyph of Mass Dispel, so we didn't think the cast time would be that noticeable. (Source)
I should clarify that I meant the glyph in PvE. We don't want to nerf PvE utility. We DO want to nerf PvP utility for Shadow. (Source)
Have you considered giving mass dispel the colossal smash treatment? Pve/PvP versions
We did, but it's more complicated than CS because we're generally okay with Disc / Holy Mass Dispel. (Source)

A nerf to atonement means death to atonement. No one will ever use it and you'll have once again nerfed fun.
I predict Atonement will be fine, just not the answer to every healing situation as it can be on live. (Source)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
is the ST nerf thanks to the DT Buff last patch? Was fun as a CP Generator, not as a wannabe autoattack spin-off.
We didn't like it as a cheap CP generator. We wanted it to be for times when you couldn't be in melee. (Source)

Potting as a Rogue is annoying, possible to allow pots usable in stealth?
That doesn't seem unreasonable. We'll discuss. (Source)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Curious as to decision on shammies and staves, would have liked Spiritbinding Spire from LFR as it goes well with Shammy T15?
It's a tough one. We heard from shaman upset that we would give them a 2H weapon and not allow use of their shield. (Source)

Based on feedback, we are going to revert the change and let shaman win caster staves (and maces) once again. (Source)
So you will listen to feedback on staffs but completely ignore reasonable feedback to revert the totem change?
Taking feedback isn't the same as doing whatever the community asks us to do. The design decisions are still ours to make. (Source)

Is there any chance of re-vamping Unleash Elements, specifically for ele shamans? It's practically a useless spell.
No immediate plans. It is rotational with Unleashed Fury and provides utility otherwise. The moving part is less important now. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
are you happy with the green fire boss? Its the best thing ever to happen in pve imo. Can you confirm it will not be nerfed?
I can't promise it won't ever be, but it is self-nerfing as players get more gear. (Some players have done it very undergeared.) (Source)

Maelific G. and Haunt seem like they're too hard to design for pvp but they are perfect for pve. (Pt.2)
Agreed. This is the heart of the problem. SB:SS also means individual dots can't do that much damage in PvE, which hurts PvP. (Source)
But I should clarify that we generally like SB:SS in PvE. It's PvP where it hold Affliction back. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Once bloodthirst doesn't crit, nor proc and my rage is low. I have no other option than to wait for CD. Is this the intention?
Yes. (Source)

How many arena warriors w/o 2nd wind? If you just thought "at what rating", cookie cutter.
Might make sense to bake it in, but then warriors would not need a healing talent on top of that. Still evaluating solutions. (Source)

Is it intended that Deep Wounds isn't benefitting from passive bonuses such as Seasoned solider and the SMF bonus?
We like the DPS it is doing. If we made it benefit from other passives, we would lower the damage it does to compensate. (Source)

PvE
So Primordius now takes 75% less damage instead of 25% right? So what's about all those Guilds killed him with 25% less damage
We had to make that change to fix a degenerate strategy. We also lowered his health to compensate. (Source)

why the nerfs to 10 man normal?
We gather a tremendous amount of data on raid progression. Some encounters were tougher than intended or compared to 5.0. (Source)
so how many weeks should it take a normal 10 man guild like mine to clear ToT normal? just wondering if we are behind or ahead
Typically the most relevant variable is how many nights a week you raid. There's no right answer, but fewer nights = longer. (Source)

it sucked re-learning a farm fight. I don't hate on LFR, but why not nerf the maze hard in LFR vs big changes in norm/Hero?
It was confusing in N and H too. The maze should be the challenge not the graphics and the run backwards part was just dumb. (Source)

I loved 4.3 - LFR DS to reg/heroic DS with my guild on 4 toons every week. now I only have one raiding 90, period.
You are comparing an overly long final tier to a hopefully short mid-tier though. (Source)

Do you think anyone will do heroic scenarios without an LFG tool? You'd spend more time finding a group than doing content.
We can't make random matchmaking content too challenging. If you have to form a group, there is some incentive to make it work. (Source)
But it's definitely an experiment. We'll see what the response is. More challenge for more reward / efficiency could be fun. (Source)

Looking at the avalaible data, ToT seems to be a heavy ranged favored tier, only rogues can compete in single. Thoughs?
Pretty happy with it overall. Having 2 dot fights early on skews perceptions a bit. (Source)

What is your opinion on the amount of trash mobs in ToT? Most people I talk to (raid team/LFR) think that there is too much
It's hard to get a good read on such feedback because players inherently argue for as little trash as possible. (Source)
Yes players want less trash. I don't understand this anti player request mentality.
Players ask for a lot that would make raiding easier or more convenient. That doesn't mean it's good for the game. (Source)
Inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience is also not good for the game.
Similarly, bosses without trash in between don't feel like bosses and the raid doesn't feel epic. Pacing is important. (Source)
Again, opinion stated as fact. "Feel epic" is subjective meaningless term that lets devs justify anything.
"Feel" makes it an opinion, not a fact. And yes, our opinions are important because we develop the game. (Source)

Pacing is important. ToT fails at good pacing. Why are you defending this?
Because pacing is subjective and we're happy with it. (Source)

Pacing was much better in Ulduar, just saying. This instance is designed for LFR, norm/hard are addendums?
We always design normal first. (Source)

A lot of pulls you need to "tip-toe" compared to past raids where you AoE/burn. Ulduar still best.
I find AE/burn more tedious than anything. I like to be making some decisions when I play, even on trash. (Source)

What was wrong with HoF/ToES/MV trash? Why did you need 3-4x more?
The raid occupies a lot of geographic space... which is something many players were requesting. (Source)

I'd like to get some clarification on the Secrets of the Empire drop. Is the drop chance shared between LFR and normal/heroic?
Yes. You should not have to run LFR (for those drops) if you also run normal or heroic. (Source)

Weekly News Recap
Lots of news this week, so here is your chance to catch up if you missed a day of news:



TCG Art Update
Blizzard has updated the Trading Card Game art gallery to feature ten new pieces.


This article was originally published in forum thread: World First Glory of the Thundering Raider, Blood in the Snow, Blue Tweets, TCG Art started by chaud View original post
Comments 50 Comments
  1. Quilzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Blaming holy paladins for the state of resto shamans doesn't help anyone. Resto shamans have been buffed alot lately and full force of those changes are yet to be seen but the result is very obvious. When you take a look at the TOP 100 parses
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...00000000111111

    It will take longer for it to go work for the entire player base - specially in 10 mans where players need to switch specs.

    Why do disc priests not gather dps gear for raids? Probably because they are the class with the most healing utilites of any class atm. They have another healing spec they can change to if disc isn't viable.

    Why are druids and shamans the class that changes most between healing and DPS in 10 man raids? The answer is very clear - its based on the utilities that they still bring when not in healing spec. Holy paladin changing to ret will not give those utilites. Neither will monk. And both of those classes are a) Melee based that in most cases are not as good as range b) need totally new set of gear.

    Your way to improve your resto shaman is not to come here and shout at another spec. Make a real constructive post on the official forums about it. But again - do NOT expect the stats that you are showing from raidbots.com to tell the real state of healing in WOW. Thats childish and again - not what this T14 vs T15 set bonus for holy paladin is about.

    And neither is this about resto shaman having low HPS. They top every meter on fights where massive AOE is going on. Example... LFR where ppl dont move out of stuff.
    So let me get this right.

    So far we have had "Resto shamans are bottom because they can switch to DPS easier" and "Resto shamans are great in LFR".

    Would you like to spit in our faces any more?

    So we excel at AoE right?

    Our "bandaid" fix has been live 2 weeks so MORE than enough time for the logs to reflect the change.

    Megaera should be a fight we absolutely smash it

    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Megae...00000000111111

    Oh look what a shock!!

    You are moaning and crying that Holy Pallys are in a terrible place.

    I completely and utterly disagree, I am saying there are other healers in far worse place.

    Its clear we are never going to agree so with that I will let you carry on crying about how Pallys are in such a terrible terrible place, your tears are delicious.
  1. Novarius's Avatar
    Sofern das Leerzeichen in dem Gildennamen nur aus optischen gründen da ist wäre folgendes die Deutsche Übersetzung:
    <炼 狱> = <Fegefeuer>

    If the Space between the signs is only for decoration. The english version would be this:
    <炼 狱> = <Purgatory>

    /trashmode off
  1. Lemons's Avatar
    I think the Zandalari are secretly working to eradicate the rest of their troll bretheren. Every time they get one of the other tribes to rebel that tribe is immediately struck down with thunderous force.
  1. Duster505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    So let me get this right.

    So far we have had "Resto shamans are bottom because they can switch to DPS easier" and "Resto shamans are great in LFR".

    Would you like to spit in our faces any more?

    So we excel at AoE right?

    Our "bandaid" fix has been live 2 weeks so MORE than enough time for the logs to reflect the change.

    Megaera should be a fight we absolutely smash it

    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Megae...00000000111111

    Oh look what a shock!!

    You are moaning and crying that Holy Pallys are in a terrible place.

    I completely and utterly disagree, I am saying there are other healers in far worse place.

    Its clear we are never going to agree so with that I will let you carry on crying about how Pallys are in such a terrible terrible place, your tears are delicious.
    Stop crying like 2 year old. Never said that holy palas were in bad place... this is about T14 and T15 bonuses. Get a grip and stop put words in my mouth.

    You have repeatedly shown total lack of understanding the the basics systems in WOW. Example. Why do palas and priests not go more dps in 10 mans instead of the shamans and druids? Answer... because druids and shamans get better DPS drops in raids that no other DPS class needs. At the same time every warlock and mage will have first choice of DPS gear over healing priests... and both warriors and death knights will be taking DPS strenght items ahead of healing paladin.

    What DPS spec is taking int base mail gear? What dps class is taking int based leather dps gear? In other worlds... both druid and shamans have higher chance of gaining better DPS gear than holy palas and healing priests.

    These things are not seen directly on healing meters. But its just one more explanation why druids and shamans are more likely to be the healing class to go DPS and do a decent job of it. And since both shamans and druids are there for switching between two core specs... they are more likely to adjust the stats on gear to work with both - rather than focus on one. Example... they might not necessarily be stacking spirit to the same degree so they can use that gear for dps as well. All this automatically means that shamans and druids will be healing less in raids... they are learning 2 rotations (healing and DPS) and are there for more likely to have lower overall numerics on both healing and dps meters.

    What you are asking for is that shamans and druids will be the most effective healers... be the healing classes with most utilities to switch specs AND have the best chance of getting DPS gear drop for their offspec. In other words.. you are asking Blizzard to make the game so that both healing priests and holy paladins will be left out of raids all together and we will be back stacking classes like shamans and druids. Again - shows the total lack of understanding for how the game works and how many other aspecs lead to the statistics we see on overall meters in the game.
  1. Quilzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Stop crying like 2 year old. Never said that holy palas were in bad place... this is about T14 and T15 bonuses. Get a grip and stop put words in my mouth.

    You have repeatedly shown total lack of understanding the the basics systems in WOW. Example. Why do palas and priests not go more dps in 10 mans instead of the shamans and druids? Answer... because druids and shamans get better DPS drops in raids that no other DPS class needs. At the same time every warlock and mage will have first choice of DPS gear over healing priests... and both warriors and death knights will be taking DPS strenght items ahead of healing paladin.

    What DPS spec is taking int base mail gear? What dps class is taking int based leather dps gear? In other worlds... both druid and shamans have higher chance of gaining better DPS gear than holy palas and healing priests.

    These things are not seen directly on healing meters. But its just one more explanation why druids and shamans are more likely to be the healing class to go DPS and do a decent job of it. And since both shamans and druids are there for switching between two core specs... they are more likely to adjust the stats on gear to work with both - rather than focus on one. Example... they might not necessarily be stacking spirit to the same degree so they can use that gear for dps as well. All this automatically means that shamans and druids will be healing less in raids... they are learning 2 rotations (healing and DPS) and are there for more likely to have lower overall numerics on both healing and dps meters.

    What you are asking for is that shamans and druids will be the most effective healers... be the healing classes with most utilities to switch specs AND have the best chance of getting DPS gear drop for their offspec. In other words.. you are asking Blizzard to make the game so that both healing priests and holy paladins will be left out of raids all together and we will be back stacking classes like shamans and druids. Again - shows the total lack of understanding for how the game works and how many other aspecs lead to the statistics we see on overall meters in the game.
    I can't believe you spent time writing such utter total drival.

    So lets looks at the top 100 parses right? (top 100 is no where near enough samples imo and it introduces way to much rng and people solo healing 1/2 a fight as the other healer dies, but it is where you want to go).

    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Megae...00000000111111

    Oh look pallys still way out in front on a fight where Shamans should shine.

    I guess the top 100 shamans in the entire world are nerfing their healing to get dps gear right?

    Or the top 100 shamans in the entire world don't know enough about healing with their class because they spend soooo much time dpsing in raids and getting dps gear.

    That is the most flawed argument I have ever read in my entire life.

    Where will that argument stop?

    I guess Elemental Shamans are nerfing there dps to get healing gear right?

    I guess Unholly and Frost DKs are nerfing there dps to get tanking gear?

    Do you really have any idea how ridiculous that argument is?

    Have you considered that the Pally numbers are lower that reality because they include Pallys who main spec Tank or Ret and off spec Holy and get healing gear because it is useless to every single other spec in the game?

    I guess that never happens though.

    This is going nowhere you expect Pallys to be kings of healing forever and everyone else can go DPS, what a great attitude.
  1. Duster505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I can't believe you spent time writing such utter total drival.

    So lets looks at the top 100 parses right? (top 100 is no where near enough samples imo and it introduces way to much rng and people solo healing 1/2 a fight as the other healer dies, but it is where you want to go).

    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Megae...00000000111111

    Oh look pallys still way out in front on a fight where Shamans should shine.

    I guess the top 100 shamans in the entire world are nerfing their healing to get dps gear right?

    Or the top 100 shamans in the entire world don't know enough about healing with their class because they spend soooo much time dpsing in raids and getting dps gear.

    That is the most flawed argument I have ever read in my entire life.

    Where will that argument stop?

    I guess Elemental Shamans are nerfing there dps to get healing gear right?

    I guess Unholly and Frost DKs are nerfing there dps to get tanking gear?

    Do you really have any idea how ridiculous that argument is?

    Have you considered that the Pally numbers are lower that reality because they include Pallys who main spec Tank or Ret and off spec Holy and get healing gear because it is useless to every single other spec in the game?

    I guess that never happens though.

    This is going nowhere you expect Pallys to be kings of healing forever and everyone else can go DPS, what a great attitude.
    You dont have a clue do you. There are plenty of DPS shamans and druids that are unfamiliar with healing but are asked to fill the role for few fights. Parses do NOT represent the SKILLS of the players or how familiar they are with their role - the sooner you realise that the better. If you consider your value to a group beeing based on how good you are on meters (HPS or DPS) then you maybe should just quit playing now cause thats not what playing a computer game is about. And if your guild is looking at meters to determine how well ppl are doing... then I suggest finding another guild.

    But its true that holy palas get items that no1 else can use. Thats another reason to keep a holy pala in the raid. But 1or2 healing items for ret paladin will not make him effective healer or even remotely viable. Both elemental shamans and boomkins fill those roles much better. Its not just what I think on the matter - this is general view of every raiding guild in the game atm. If you can not deal with it then so be it. If not then dont. Paladins are taking a nerf with 2% lower illuminating healing. But I repeat here once again - this was NEVER about HPS. This talk was about T14 and T15 item bonuses. You turned it into a rant about HPS.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/hps/

    Shaman is toping HPS meters more often in LFR than Holy paladin. So do not act like shamans are totally crap. There are many different factors that explain what is going on in WOW and blaming it on low HPS is childish and just stupid.
  1. Quilzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    You dont have a clue do you. There are plenty of DPS shamans and druids that are unfamiliar with healing but are asked to fill the role for few fights. Parses do NOT represent the SKILLS of the players or how familiar they are with their role - the sooner you realise that the better. If you consider your value to a group beeing based on how good you are on meters (HPS or DPS) then you maybe should just quit playing now cause thats not what playing a computer game is about. And if your guild is looking at meters to determine how well ppl are doing... then I suggest finding another guild.

    But its true that holy palas get items that no1 else can use. Thats another reason to keep a holy pala in the raid. But 1or2 healing items for ret paladin will not make him effective healer or even remotely viable. Both elemental shamans and boomkins fill those roles much better. Its not just what I think on the matter - this is general view of every raiding guild in the game atm. If you can not deal with it then so be it. If not then dont. Paladins are taking a nerf with 2% lower illuminating healing. But I repeat here once again - this was NEVER about HPS. This talk was about T14 and T15 item bonuses. You turned it into a rant about HPS.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/hps/

    Shaman is toping HPS meters more often in LFR than Holy paladin. So do not act like shamans are totally crap. There are many different factors that explain what is going on in WOW and blaming it on low HPS is childish and just stupid.
    OK I am sick to death of arguing with you, you win.

    Resto Shaman are fine, nerf them to the ground, because right now they are so overpowered, if you want they can just go DPS because they have the gear anyway.

    Buff Holy Pallys, make all there spells instant cast and make Beacon work on the entire raid.

    Long live balanced perspective on WoW healing!

    It is OK we have LFR to shine in.
  1. Duster505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    OK I am sick to death of arguing with you, you win.

    Resto Shaman are fine, nerf them even more to the ground, because right now they are so overpowered, if you want they can just go DPS because they have the gear anyway.

    Buff Holy Pallys, make all there spells instant cast and make Beacon work on the entire raid.

    Long live balanced perspective on WoW healing!

    It is OK we have LFR to shine in.
    And still you go on with untrue statements. 3 shaman healing spells were buffed by 20% few weeks back. https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...455305216Thats Nerfing them more ?

    Lets stick to facts.
  1. Quilzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    And still you go on with untrue statements. 3 shaman healing spells were buffed by 20% few weeks back. https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...455305216Thats Nerfing them more ?

    Lets stick to facts.
    Sorry it was a mistype I meant just "nerf them to the ground" its fine right we can just go DPS?

    Or just heal in LFR where we will fell amazing because we are contributing so much.

    As I say you win.

    You bring such an amazing subjective overview of healing in WoW.

    You can be the lead healing designer in Blizzard I will give you my vote!
  1. Kazlehoff's Avatar
    So uh Grats to a guild that gets twice the lockouts and higher ilvl loot? i guess? big accomplishment with double lockouts and better gear? lol

Site Navigation