Second Batch of BlizzCon Tickets Sold Out, ChromeOnRust's RPM Barb Build, Fan Creation of the Week: The Art of Robert Maldonado
Patch 5.3 - Deepwind Gorge Battleground
Patch 5.3 adds a new battleground, Deepwind Gorge. This battleground is placed in the western part of the Valley of the Four Winds, in a gorge that is only present in the battleground, not in the regular world. This is a 15 player battleground for level 90 players.
The battleground has two different objectives, the first being the three mines. There is a northern Pandaren mine, central mine, and a southern Goblin mine. The mines are captured like the bases in other battlegrounds, just clicking the flag and capturing it. While you hold the mine NPCs will mine gold for your faction, bringing you closer to the 1600 resources required to win.
The second objective is the cart of gold placed at each faction's base. You can click the cart to attach it to yourself, and then walk back to your base to capture it. You do not need your own team's cart to be present to capture, unlike the normal battleground flags. Holding the cart limits your movement speed to normal running speed, with only things like Blink allowing you to get there faster. If you kill the enemy cart holder, you must click on the cart to return it to your base before someone on the other team clicks to pick it up.
Capturing the cart rewards you with 20 bonus honor, 200 resources, and the message that your faction has stolen gold from the other. Currently it doesn't seem to take any gold from the other faction.
As far as gameplay goes, the map seems a bit large for only 15 players, so be sure to test it and provide feedback!
Patch 5.3 PvP Power Change Confirmed
On Friday we mentioned that on the PTR you now needed 400 PvP Power rating to get 1% more damage, rather than the 265 needed on live. Holinka confirmed that this was a real change over the weekend.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Weekly News Recap
Lots of news this week, so here is your chance to catch up if you missed a day of news!
- April 21
- April 22
- Ra-Den Kill Videos went live
- Oondasta and Nalak are once again eligible for cross realm looting
- Only 50 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune are required to get your weekly 3 Mogu Runes of Fate, down from 90.
- Method was interviewed to see what they thought about Tier 15.
- The Patch 5.3 PTR Notes were updated:
- Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33% (How it will work)
- Reduced the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune needed for the Mogu Runes of Fate weekly quest to 50, down from 90.
- Shado-Pan Assault belts now require Friendly reputation to purchase, down from Revered.
- Shado-Pan Assault chest pieces now require Honored reputation to purchase, down from Revered.
- April 23
- April 24
- April 25
- There was a nice live Dev Q&A that is really worth reading!
- April 26
TCG Art Update
Blizzard has updated the Trading Card Game art gallery to feature ten new pieces.