MMO-Champion - Battle on the High Seas, Legendary Sigil Drop Rate, Children's Week, Blue Tweets, DLC
1.0.8 is Not This Week, Diablo III Hotfixes: April, What if All Legendaries Were Good?, On Gear Customization and Stats

Patch 5.3 - Battle on the High Seas Scenario
Battle on the High Seas is the shortest scenario added in Patch 5.3, taking less than 10 minutes to run.



Patch 5.3 - Sigil of Power and Wisdom Drop Rate
It looks like it will be easier to collect those Sigil of Power and Sigil of Wisdom to catch up on the legendary quest line in Patch 5.3!



Children's Week 2013 Live
Children's Week 2013 is live, but doesn't have any significant changes this year. Our friends over at Icy Veins have a nice guide! Be sure to use alts to collect all of the pets.



Glorious Conquest Vendors Removed Until 5.3
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
The Glorious Conquest PvP quartermasters (Acon Deathwielder for the Horde and Ethan Natice for the Alliance) will be removed to refit the items that they sell before patch 5.3 arrives. Glorious Conquest PvP gear is being changed from item level 512 to item level 496, but this wasn’t a change that could be applied via a hotfix. In the meantime, we wanted to avoid a situation where players intending to purchase upgrades would buy these items, only to find that they had purchased cosmetic items when they are reduced to their new item levels with the arrival of patch 5.3.

You can read about the coming item changes in the PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 blog. See you on the battlefield!

BlizzCon Benefit Dinner Tickets On Sale Wednesday
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Before the BlizzCon festivities begin, we're inviting you to join Blizzard game developers, artists, executives, and other employees for an evening of good food and good conversation—all for a good cause. Approximately 200 tickets to a special pre-BlizzCon dinner to benefit Children's Hospital of Orange County will be going on sale Wednesday, May 1 at 7 p.m. PDT. Keep your eye on the ticket sales page at that time for the chance to get yours.

For more information on the BlizzCon Benefit Dinner, visit the info page on the official BlizzCon website.

Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Cross-Realm Zones and Pandaria
While blue feedback is always appreciated, to me this came off as dodging the question. Can you say definitively you will not crz Pandaria (at least until next xpac) ?
To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to change how things are working for outdoor areas in Pandaria at this time. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
UI / Addons
better solution would be to add arena focus 1-5 and arena target 1-5 on the key binding options (cont..)
We'd actually like to do that. (Source)

Many popular addons like Questhelper have become baseline over time. Why of all things do map coordinates still need an addon?
Nothing in the game itself uses coordinates, does it? (Source)

Pet Battles
Agree, but for example Minfernal is not fun to farm. Always 5-8 ppl camping out.
The challenge of rare anything is players want them to be rare to everyone but them. If they aren't rare, they lose value. (Source)

do devs see idling folks in Felwood camping Minfernals as an issue? CRZ + long spawn times = many folks in small area.
The idea behind rare spawns is they're hard to get. If there are fewer folks competing, we'd just decrease spawn rates to compensate. (Source)

World
Hey GC. Is there a specific lore-reason why flying is disabled in Silvermoon City/Eversong Woods, or just an oversight?
Making Silvermoon flyable would take longer than it took to make Stormwind flyable. Just wasn't built with that in mind. (Source)

Misc
So at the end of cataclysm I remember reading a post mortem of things you learned. I'm curious what you've learned from mists?
Hmm. I'd say two things off the top of my head. 1) We wanted to offer options but didn't offer *enough* options (e.g. GL). (Source)
2) As many difficulty levels as we offered, it wasn't enough. (Source)
I said 2, but also we didn't do a good job of providing direction at L90. Also wish we had added some dungeons in maybe 5.3. (Source)
When I said "not enough direction at 90" I meant that you probably wanted to get better gear but weren't sure how or where or in what order. (Source)

It makes 0 sense to share data with people that don't have the knowledge to interpret it correctly.
Ultimately, we don't want to be in the position of having to ask community permission every time we want to make a change. (Source)
Which is how I think it would feel if we had to defend every data point to every challenger. (Source)

Pretty disappointed in any event, hope this doesn't turn out to be another "TRISPEC! ...nvm, just kidding"
We have to be able to use our PTR builds to actually test stuff. Please don't use PTR as some kind of press release. (Source)
what you use the public TEST realm for testing? What kind of ass backward development methodology is that?
I don't fault players. Data mining and sometimes even our patch notes represent any change as a fact not an experiment. (Source)

do you think listening to players too much has changed the game in a negative way? I enjoyed TBC more despite the imbalances.
Overall, I'd say no. But I agree there is a risk there. (Source)
If you implement too many suggestions, you end up with everything meh instead of having some things feel really awesome. (Source)

Dark Legacy Comics #387
DLC takes a look at why healer queues are so long!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Battle on the High Seas, Legendary Sigil Drop Rate, Children's Week, Blue Tweets, DLC started by chaud View original post
Comments 31 Comments
  1. Azrile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Hard in terms of time invested in waiting. Not every "hard" = complicated fight.
    Every game has that same definition of ´hard´ for certain things.

    But in this case, I just made a DK on a brazil server and got my minfirnal about the 5th time I checked. I only had one other DK, so it wasn´t annoying having to do the DK starter area again. The DK also helped me pick up a couple other slightly rare battle pets. I did see other players who had the same idea, but it was nothing compared to camping minfernal on a US server.

    The devs are right though, these things are only special because they are hard to get. I have like 450 pets right now, could care less about 440 of them. I am not special because I have minfernal (no snowflake thing here).. but if they made it easier to get, it would just be one of the 440 others and forgetable.
  1. Ziene's Avatar
    @ Dark Legacy Comics #387
    I saw this and YES!.. I CAN RELATE! (not a healer, but dps). I hate that when the que finally pops, there is some idiot on the other side that's afk. Then I am put back in line, waiting for the next one.. (sometimes this goes on and on) till I get in.
  1. Yriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziene View Post
    @ Dark Legacy Comics #387
    I saw this and YES!.. I CAN RELATE! (not a healer, but dps). I hate that when the que finally pops, there is some idiot on the other side that's afk. Then I am put back in line, waiting for the next one.. (sometimes this goes on and on) till I get in.
    It's even worse in the raidfinder. You wait for 40 minutes, then finally the window pops but because 5+ DPS and one healer are asleep the instance cancels. 20 sec later the next window opens and you find yourself in a group at the last boss. Thank god i waited 40 min for this...
  1. Tomana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's even worse in the raidfinder. You wait for 40 minutes, then finally the window pops but because 5+ DPS and one healer are asleep the instance cancels. 20 sec later the next window opens and you find yourself in a group at the last boss. Thank god i waited 40 min for this...
    I believe that in LFR, you can still enter unless the amount of people AFK is quite high.
    While in LFD, you can get up to three cancels in a row because of people AFK
  1. Rolly's Avatar
    "Also wish we had added some dungeons in maybe 5.3."

    Oh look backtracking on not introducing more dungeons. Must have got some declining subscription numbers related to it.
  1. Alayea's Avatar
    Healer queue has been getting longer, unfortunately. I don't get much of a problem with a DPS being AFK, though. Most of the time it's the person just waiting until the last second because he/she is doing something (which is still annoying).
  1. Vesci's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesci View Post
    So after reading the Tweet about the Minfernal I went out to Felwood to see what there was to see. Tamed a blue quality Minfernal just as soon as I got there. Doesn't seem like a hassle to me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So after reading about the lottery i went out and bought one ticket. Won 6 million the next day. Don't seems so hard to get rich at all.
    Yep, it's true. It's better to be lucky than good
  1. NigelGurney's Avatar
    "The challenge of rare anything is players want them to be rare to everyone but them. If they aren't rare, they lose value."

    Like epics you mean?
  1. Tybudd33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    As always, Dark Legacy delivers another epic comic!
    This is funny all in its own, this is what effect WoW has on the gaming community. Now everything that is ok, or halfway descent is categorized as Epic. Remember when epic was really really epic, just something absolutely incredible?? Now look....
  1. sociald1077's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    This is funny all in its own, this is what effect WoW has on the gaming community. Now everything that is ok, or halfway descent is categorized as Epic. Remember when epic was really really epic, just something absolutely incredible?? Now look....
    Is that a WoW thing or is it an internet thing? I think its more of an internet thing as I see it well outside of WoW or even gaming circles.
  1. darkpower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    This is funny all in its own, this is what effect WoW has on the gaming community. Now everything that is ok, or halfway descent is categorized as Epic. Remember when epic was really really epic, just something absolutely incredible?? Now look....
    This is, of course, assuming that the comic WASN'T epic in your eyes...which is a matter of opinion, not fact!

Site Navigation