MMO-Champion - Brawler's Guild Mount, Heroic Scenarios, Blue Tweets, Warlock HS Card, OpenRaid Event
The Making Of: Diablo, Blue Posts, Community Commentary: Why Can't We Be Friends?, Mephisto's Visage Fan Art

Patch 5.3 - Brawler's Burly Mushan Beast
Patch 5.3 adds another new mount, the Brawler's Burly Mushan Beast. Access to purchase this 1200 gold mount is a reward of reaching Rank 10 in the Brawler's Guild.



Patch 5.3 - Heroic Scenario Group Requirement
The official notes have listed the group requirement for Heroic Scenarios for some time, but it was never actually in game until recently. Previously you were able to queue and get a random group to complete the scenario, but now you need 2 other players.



Heroic Scenarios and Dungeons
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We consider the entire forums (all of them) to be an opportunity for you all to share your ideas/constructive feedback etc. with us. We're always reading. It's also worth noting that Heroic Scenarios are a first go for us in giving players who want a bit more of a challenge within the Scenarios a way to get it. That said, that doesn't mean that these are the last "new" thing we'll ever add to the game. We're always looking at new ideas or concepts to push the gameplay within World of Warcraft further. We can't talk about all those ideas until we know we are able to make them work and are going to implement them (or at least we try not to if we can), but that doesn't mean we aren't listening or planning on our end too.

I understand that many people would like new dungeons and we've addressed this a few times now, but at this point in time, we're not adding them. We have a lot of other things that we're putting efforts into that we think will be great additions to the game. Again, we're not ready to talk about those just yet, but once we can share that information with you all, we will. For now, we wanted to share a bit more about what the new Scenarios will bring.

If you haven't tried them on the PTR, you may just want to give it a shot. They're fun and add some great story elements as well.

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Classes
Look at monk attack animations. The players' reward for doing their role correctly is that their screen looks beautiful. Cont
We are working long term on making rogue and warrior attacks cooler, since we agree that they look the most bland while fighting. (Source)

Buttons bloat: are we in a good place now or some class still need less active abilities (taking into account 5.3 PTR change)?
I think just about every class has too many buttons. (Source)

Out of curiosity, how do you internally measure when one healer is too weak or powerful then?
We try to look at the data lot of different ways: HPS during burst moments, dependence on mana CDs, synergy among healers, etc. (Source)
If it was as simple as manipulating spec score or whatever, we could automate the entire balance process. (Source)
People dedicate their lives to understanding large data sets. It's why I always say there isn't a "thermometer" for DPS. (Source)
I don't mean to imply that data aren't useful -- they are! But you can't bubble up the data into a number that measures awesomeness. (Source)
We also do a lot of internal tests too, because we have a lot more tools at our disposal than target dummies. (Source)

How happy are you with the combo point style of resource management?
Happy. We think it's more interesting than cooldown-driven rotations. (Source)

Since spec/stats/ilvl dictate survivability in PVP/PVE more than anything now, ever think about abolishing diff armor types?
As in mail vs. cloth? If anything, I wish that distinction was more meaningful. (Source)

Would it be possible to make Divine protection usable for Holy Palas when stunned like PS, Barkskin and Life cocoon?
In general we don't like having lots of counters to counters. (Source)
Stuns are intended to be scary. We'd rather nerf them than provide a ton of ways to mitigate or ignore them. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Damage adjustments to FeS and SS to discourage festerblight? Or just datamine error? Feel like its more of a trinket problem..
We're okay with Festerblight as a high risk moderate reward thing. There was a possibility it would be mandatory. (Source)

Frost DKs are scaling very poorly. I know you hate this word but I'm sick of getting no response via twitter and no changes.
How much DPS are you failing to gain over the course of ToT because of ilevel scaling? 10%? 5%? 1%? (Source)
If Frost DKs appear to be doing poorly it's probably because Unholy is a viable alternative now and lots are trying it. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
5.3 hunter: Considering reverting the DR change on Scatter Shot but might nerf hunter pet CC cooldowns instead. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Hey GC,What are your thoughts on Combustion? It is overly complicated to get the perfect ignite, & you're screwed if you fail.
What if you just went for a good Ignite instead of a perfect Ignite? (Source)
We generally like having options for a lot of extra work for small rewards. Small keeps them staying optional. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Agreed on Eternal Flame being a problem, but why no plans to adjust it in 5.3?
First, we agree with the supposition that the previous set bonus really propped up that healing style. (Source)
Second, it would be a big change that would require some relearning on the part of paladins and rebalancing on the part of design. (Source)
Better to try something on a 5.4 PTR, when there will be a lot of healers trying out new bosses (compared to 5.3's quieter PTR). (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
attonement is a fail to the class in conjuntion with ToT Damange Increased bosses, must reconsider to delete this feature.
I don't understand why. Atonement is fun and useful. It's just a little OP at the moment (even on non-damage buffed bosses). (Source)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Rescinding one of my last tweets about PTR rogue ArP change. Will there be a tool tip saying 50%pvp?
There will be a 50% cap on Find Weakness in PvP, whether it's tooltipped or not. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Do you guys have plans on making Heroic leap usable up hills? Like leaping up a hill to peel seems pretty heroic yes?
It's just a technical limitation because people were leaping up walls and out of BGs. #thisiswhyyoucanthavenicethings (Source)

Warlock Card Reveal: Void Terror
The new cards have already been added to the wiki!
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
In this Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft card reveal, we deal out a card that’s bound to make your enemies tremble and quake before you—the Void Terror.

The indomitable Warlock Gul’dan stops at nothing in his pursuit of power, and the whisper of his name strikes fear into the hearts of his enemies. Among all his devices of dread, one card in his arsenal is especially terrifying.

THIS CARD.

The Void Terror is able to absorb the minions next to him upon being summoned. Are you in control of a pair of feeble murlocs? Not anymore. Now you have a giant Void Terror. What happened to those night elves you had? Now they have become one with the void.

Void Terror can also help make your forces less vulnerable to Area of Effect (AoE) spells. Hellfire would cripple a deck filled with small minions....

Void Terror can help turn that army of puny minions into a huge, shadowy behemoth. That 3-damage blast of flame would barely faze your big blue demon on his path of destruction.

This minion really shines when you can convert single-turn, temporary effects like Power Overwhelming into a permanent bonus.

Give one of your puny minions a taste of SUPREME POWER, let him strike for a single, glorious attack, and then let the Void Terror suck his newly enhanced essence into his being. (Don’t be sad, it was going to die anyway.) In fact, a quick death in the Void is probably more pleasant than the alternative. Now that temporary +4/+4 bonus lives forever within the Void Terror!

When playing as Gul’dan, your role is not to care for the well-being of your minions. They are TOOLS for you to manipulate on your way to victory, and to be fed to the demons you’ll summon from the Void. Like any good tool, the purpose they serve is yours and yours alone.

I just wouldn’t get too close to this one if I were you. He looks hungry.


OpenRaid Event - Icy Veins
OpenRaid is running an event for both US / EU Horde players that will give you a chance to raid with some of the Icy Veins staff, as well as ask questions. Let us know if there are other groups you would like to see doing a similar event.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Brawler's Guild Mount, Heroic Scenarios, Blue Tweets, Warlock HS Card, OpenRaid Event started by chaud View original post
Comments 60 Comments
  1. Duster505's Avatar
    Mop killed good old 5 man holy trinity to compete with GW2.... And we got LFR instead.

    Thats why Im now playing my 5 man holy trinity content in Neverwinter. And having a blast.
  1. Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hieronymus View Post
    I wonder how long it will take before we get a real new mount. All mounts are based on vanilla and Tbc models.
    Actually, most TBC mounts are based on vanilla models

    Netherwings are remodeled standard dragons

    Talbuks are remodeled rams.

    Ashes of Al'ar was a remodeled Gryphon.

    Gryphons and wyverns are both reused... Gryphons and Wyverns.

    Hawkstriders are remodeled tallstriders

    The Raven lord is a remodeled raptor.

    And even of the new models: Nether rays and Dragonhawks share the same animations

    The only real "unique" animation rigs in TBC were the Elekks and Engineering copters.

    Now,

    In WotLK, you had proto drakes, mammoths, and flying carpets.

    In Cataclysm you had camels, sea horses, and the heart of the aspects.

    In mists of Pandaria you have the skyserpents, waterstriders, yaks, and direhorns

    The only thing that is different is the skin. This brawler mount is a kodo model with a new skin.
    Wrong.

    Wrong.

    Wrong.

    WRONG.

    The Mushan mounts are 100%, completely new, shiny models introduced in MoP. In no past expansion will you find any model that shares the model with the Mushan beast.

    Mushan share the same ANIMATION SKELETON as Kodos do. They share it with Rhinos, clefthooves, and those stupid thunder lizards.

    Nothing speciall. A mount is new when we have a new skin and model with different animations. ( look at the monk for example ). Blozzard is really milking this game.
    Then blizzard hasn't ever put in many new mounts, have they? But hey, I don't expect a response from a doldrum complainer.
  1. Todd Duval's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Are you ignorant?

    Heroic Leap is "underpowered" because people use it to exploit the game.

    In dungeons, they leap beyond boundaries they're not supposed to get around. In BGs, they can leap up hills that are otherwise insurmountable, allowing them to either run way out of bounds, or out of reach of enemies while doing things LIKE holding the flag.

    Which is pretty much what GC said.
    He's not ignorant, he's right. The problem comes down to whether location A is reachable from location B by 'walking', which is simply a matter of having path finding code in place. Blizzard is probably too lazy to write pathfinding algorithm that follows player movement rules (since player movement rules are different from NPCs). The ghetto path finding algorithm from charge probably isn't suitable for long path finds (since it cheats sometimes).
  1. Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    He's not ignorant, he's right. The problem comes down to whether location A is reachable from location B by 'walking', which is simply a matter of having path finding code in place. Blizzard is probably too lazy to write pathfinding algorithm that follows player movement rules (since player movement rules are different from NPCs). The ghetto path finding algorithm from charge probably isn't suitable for long path finds (since it cheats sometimes).
    So in essence, they should fundamentally change game code mechanics and create an entire new algorithm so one ability from one class can be slightly better at catching enemy flag carriers?
  1. Todd Duval's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So in essence, they should fundamentally change game code mechanics and create an entire new algorithm so one ability from one class can be slightly better at catching enemy flag carriers?
    I know I'm probably arguing with a troll, since you finished your statement with, "one class can be slightly better at catching enemy flag carriers?", but I'm not sure how you got the incorrect idea that adding some code would "fundamentally change game code mechanics". Adding new code would just create new functionality used by Heroic Leap, and add the possibility of other abilities using the code in the future (reusability). It wouldn't have a cascading affect on anything else, unless Blizzard wanted it to.

    Honestly, too many people take what the blues say for granted. Blizzard will say A is like this because of B, and everyone will just accept as A as the only possible solution (when there really are much better solutions) and also accept that nothing is wrong with B as the supporting argument (when it's a poor argument). Yes, I'm talking about their explanation for Heroic Leap and hundreds of other systems too.
  1. Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    I know I'm probably arguing with a troll, since you finished your statement with, "one class can be slightly better at catching enemy flag carriers?",
    Pointing out the banalities of your argument aren't reasons to suspect someone else of trolling.

    but I'm not sure how you got the incorrect idea that adding some code would "fundamentally change game code mechanics".
    In that they would have to fundamentally change the way a certain mechanic currently works?

    Adding new code would just create new functionality used by Heroic Leap, and add the possibility of other abilities using the code in the future (reusability). It wouldn't have a cascading affect on anything else, unless Blizzard wanted it to.
    So... you admit it'd be creating a new algorithm for one mechanic, like I said?

    Seeing as you presented no other abilities that would benefit.
  1. MasterHamster's Avatar
    Only people who has seen game code can understand the problems of Heroic Leap.
    The rest assumes that fixing the exploits would be as simple as changing
    heroicLeapThroughWallPossible = 1; to 0;

    -Here, take this nice mobility skill.
    -People can exploit.
    -Hm, better make sure it doesn't risk people falling through the world, getting stuck and whatnot. We're keeping the ability itself however.
    -WTF LAZY FIX FIX I WANT TO JUMP FROM FLOOR TO SECOND LEVEL.
  1. Mekh's Avatar
    ITT: Wannabe game designers who think heroic leap could be fixed with one line of code and skeleton, model and skin are the same thing.
  1. F-Minus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Only people who has seen game code can understand the problems of Heroic Leap.
    The rest assumes that fixing the exploits would be as simple as changing
    heroicLeapThroughWallPossible = 1; to 0;

    -Here, take this nice mobility skill.
    -People can exploit.
    -Hm, better make sure it doesn't risk people falling through the world, getting stuck and whatnot. We're keeping the ability itself however.
    -WTF LAZY FIX FIX I WANT TO JUMP FROM FLOOR TO SECOND LEVEL.


    Why would you have to be a experience programmer to be able to comment on something? The problem with Heroic Leap is obvious to anyone who played warrior at max level (or the level he gets Heroic Leap) for more then 5 minutes. I and many other, don't care for what it takes to make it work as it should, we just want it fixed - it's simple, it's probably not a one line of code fix, but it's also not the end of the world, to try and make it work.

    As it is right now, Heroic Leap fails if there's a pebble in the way, sometimes if fails if there a 0.2 degree incline, sometimes it works, sometimes you can even jump up-hill (amazing) but most of the times, not. It's not consistent by any measurement known to men.

    It's in the game now for quite a while and it's about time it's getting changed, fixed, same goes for blink and other similar spells - really it's about time they get on this case, and fix them, to work as they should.
  1. Sarevokcz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Exactly. The first boss in Rank 8 provides a moderate challenge. Decent DPS requirement and heavy movement necessary. Hexos will piss so many people off after wiping in the first 5 seconds that they will give up.

    Those who get by Hexos better hope they have a balance of single target and AOE for the Bomb boss.. Too much AOE and you wipe to mechanics. Too little AOE and you wipe to berserk. Too much single and you wipe to berserk, not enough single and you wipe to berserk.

    Hope the "fix" the last boss in Rank 8, because he's currently programmed to attack the crowd as well. That will be great to see on Day 1.

    Rank 9 Nibbleh will weed out more people. He's a twitch nightmare. Another boss that will be full of 5-10 second wipes.

    Final boss of Rank 9? I hope you eat your Honey Nut Critteos, because you have to do 10+ million damage in roughly 40-45 seconds. Assuming you survive the first 60 seconds of attenuations.

    Good luck, indeed.
    as long as there is no fucking boss thats gonna rape you with the slightest latency fluctuation like Disrupton, Im fine with that.
  1. Pendra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    as long as there is no fucking boss thats gonna rape you with the slightest latency fluctuation like Disrupton, Im fine with that.
    Hexos says 'Hi'?
  1. Armunddiggar's Avatar
    Woo hoo a new mount I can finally have a chance to get.... no wait, forgot Brawlers keep ripping my healer druid a new one.
  1. Todd Duval's Avatar
    Kaleredar, the original argument was whether Heroic Leap was fixable or whether the blue gave a good reason for why it hasn't been fixed. I don't want to get into a dialogue over what "fundamentally change game code mechanics" means. Nor, do I want to invest time in listing out the many uses of Heroic Leap, since that isn't relevant to whether or not it's fixable.
  1. facerollin's Avatar
    Just did disruption last night with 240ms (Australian), I challenged friends (all Australian too) to do it and 2 of them did it (2 others are trying it as I type this).

    Maybe it's not so much latency being the issue...
  1. Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    Kaleredar, the original argument was whether Heroic Leap was fixable or whether the blue gave a good reason for why it hasn't been fixed. I don't want to get into a dialogue over what "fundamentally change game code mechanics" means. Nor, do I want to invest time in listing out the many uses of Heroic Leap, since that isn't relevant to whether or not it's fixable.
    The original point the guy was making was that Blizzard was stupid and lazy for not putting in an unknown amount of work to fix a mechanic that would offer very few benefits.

    I said he was being 1) short sighted for not understanding why it works the way it does 2) short sighted for thinking it matters that much and 3) short sighted for requesting such an inordinate amount of time to be invested in fixing it.
  1. Shaley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/BTiHY7R.jpg

    Ahoo'ru would also like to have a word with him.
  1. Todd Duval's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The original point the guy was making was that Blizzard was stupid and lazy for not putting in an unknown amount of work to fix a mechanic that would offer very few benefits.

    I said he was being 1) short sighted for not understanding why it works the way it does 2) short sighted for thinking it matters that much and 3) short sighted for requesting such an inordinate amount of time to be invested in fixing it.
    Blizzard never said it would take a lot of work, but rather they said it just wasn't fixable, and blamed the players for the current state of the ability. The truth is it is clearly fixable from the simple solution I put forward. I'm sure they know it's fixable as well, but they're just lying and saying it's "a technical limitation," to save face from the truth of being lazy.

    Does your argument of, "it takes too much work," matter? No, since Blizzard hasn't stated anything like that at all, they're just given is the bullpoo excuse, and that's the core problem. I'm surprised you're still defending Blizzard over this, considering they're blaming the players since they're too lazy to code and fix the problem. Re-read Gulvak's post and maybe you're understand what his beef was. Sorry for being redundant to try to get the point across.
  1. Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    Blizzard never said it would take a lot of work, but rather they said it just wasn't fixable, and blamed the players for the current state of the ability. The truth is it is clearly fixable from the simple solution I put forward. I'm sure they know it's fixable as well, but they're just lying and saying it's "a technical limitation," to save face from the truth of being lazy.

    Does your argument of, "it takes too much work," matter? No, since Blizzard hasn't stated anything like that at all, they're just given is the bullpoo excuse, and that's the core problem. I'm surprised you're still defending Blizzard over this, considering they're blaming the players since they're too lazy to code and fix the problem. Re-read Gulvak's post and maybe you're understand what his beef was. Sorry for being redundant to try to get the point across.
    Actually, they said it was a technical limitation. Not that it was impossible, only that technical limits stood in the way of them fixing it.

    Technical limitations have to be overcome. And it doesn't appear that said solution is very pressing.
  1. Nexsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeggutor View Post
    Not sure if troll... This is pretty much the dumbest post I have seen in 8 years.

    Why would I want to use an ability the way it's intended? Why would I want to leap just SLIGHTLY up a hill in order to catch a flag carrier? No reason, let's just accept the fact that the only reason Heroic Leap is broken, is because Blizzard doesn't want to put any money into it. It's coding time, and they are too lazy, hence why they just restrict it instead and we end up with a broken ability. Maybe they should charge more for this game, Blizzard appears to be running out of funding!

    This is why ppl shouldn't be commenting on classes they have no fucking clue about.
    I have one of every class, sir. Heroic leap is just fine. Also, way to rank a post to try and feel more intelligent. As for your crack pot theory on Blizzard needing more funding because they are to cheap to do it and can't afford it, that my sir, seems more retarded of a comment than mine. You have no information to back this up. Do you work for Blizzard? Do you do their payroll? Do you have any contact with the funding of the company? No, you're just whiny, like a lot of the community, and image what others say about how they are cheap and have no money. Moron.

    Also, throwing in that "Not sure if troll..." part is getting lame. everyone over the internet is using that lame sentence. It's not funny or new anymore, so either you're a grown person with no life, or a 15 year old that gets a kick out of stupid things that are repeated to no end.
  1. foulcore's Avatar
    lets brawl..

Site Navigation