MMO-Champion - Patch 5.4 Legendary Quest Line Update, Upcoming Raid Testing, Blue Tweets, News Recap
Blossoming Ancient Giveaway: PMs have gone out to the winners. You have 72 hours to reply if you won.

Update: Dave Kosak confirmed that we get some kind of legendary before we kill Garrosh for the quest line.

Archon on Demon Hunters and Powerful Builds, The Art of TeknoKyo Customs, Curse Weekly Roundup

Patch 5.4 - Legendary Quest Line Update
Wrathion is back again in Patch 5.4, first asking you to meet him at the Tavern. He has learned of the new Timeless Isle added in Patch 5.4 and wants to further augment your cloak by "time-locking" it.

You will have to head to Timeless Isle and collect 50 x Timeless Coin for one step in the quest. While you are doing that, you also have to defeat the four August Celestials of Pandaria in combat, which likely requires a group.

Once you have completed both steps, you head to the Seat of Knowledge so that Wrathion can augment your cloak once more. This will likely use the upgraded cloak models added a few patches ago.


After having your cloak upgraded, there is one final quest to kill Garrosh. Wrathion reveals to you that this was his plan all along, but he has no more rewards for you. The Golden Lotus may have a reward for you though, but the current rewards on the quest are just placeholders and it isn't part of the legendary quest line.

Wrathion's audio isn't in yet, but the audio for the Celestials is!



Raid Testing Schedule - June 24-25
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
On Monday, June 24, and Tuesday, June 25, we will begin our testing of raid encounters in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. We'll begin with 10-player Normal testing, and then move on to Heroic and then 25-player mode as the PTR cycle progresses.

Each encounter should be available at approximately the listed times below for all Public Test Realms.

Monday, June 24
Fallen Protectors - 10 Player Normal - 10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)
Kor'kron Dark Shaman - 10 Player Normal - 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

Tuesday, June 25
Immerseus - 10 Player Normal - 10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)
General Nazgrim - 10 Player Normal 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

As this is our first testing session of many to come, there is probably a slightly higher than usual risk of bugs or other issues interfering with the planned testing, so thank you in advance for your patience. If you're unable to participate in this session, don't worry, there will be plenty of other opportunities to check out these bosses. Also note that several of the art assets and sound associated with the encounters being tested are non-final, but we'd like to get started testing and gathering data and feedback on the mechanics as early as possible in the process.

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a beta environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the boss being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Important Testing Notes
Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
A: In northeastern Vale of Eternal Blossoms, in the exposed foundations of the Mogu'shan Palace, there is a staircase descending towards an instance portal. That is the entrance to the Siege of Orgrimmar raid.

Q: What gear do I use to test the raid?
A: Whatever gear you have. As we did for Throne of Thunder raid testing, we will be scaling players' gear inside the raid in order to facilitate testing. Gear will be scaled (up or down, as appropriate) for the purposes of testing the encounters, depending on difficulty and their location within the zone.

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Character / Items
Can you say anything about new character models? I'm sure you get asked this a lot. But even a maybe will make my day!
There is no maybe. It's happening. We just haven't announced when it will be done. The Pandaren model alone took months. (Source)

Need a non-RNG "salaried" character advancement. RNG should only be used for "bonus" advancement.
The non RNG element is supposed to be Valor. (Source)

2hand to polearm transmog will be on 5.4?
Hopefully. I can't promise. (Source)

Is there any reason why the legendary cloak is unique? As ms healer I would love to buy one for my ret os for brawlers guild.
Do you mean the epic cloaks? (Source)
yeah i havent encountered this yet but that does seem odd. i can get tank/dps meta but only one cape?
No promises, but I could see changing that rule. It is a little harsh for hybrids. (Source)

Can u elaborate what you mean by end-game gearing direction? It was pretty stream-lined in the past
In the past it was so streamlined that WoW ceased to feel like an MMO. It was an instance-based game, in our opinion. (Source)
It's hard to see how you can make the gearing process take a variety of actions but also make it streamlined at the same time
MoP fixed that by offering a lot of outdoor content and other options but it was a crazy quilt that was hard to navigate. (Source)
in MoP, it was hard for some players to navigate the end game gearing options. We didn't provide enough direction at 90. (Source)
Particularly when e.g. 5.2 came out and it wasn't clear if you were supposed to run older 5.0 content or newer 5.2 stuff. (Source)

is there any chance to avoid drops at 10man that doesnt fit to anybody in raid? Like: "no rogues" then "no dagger(agi)"
What if you then stacked 8 rogues to make sure your real rogue had a good chance at a dagger? (Source)
We don't want you to feel obligated to game your comp to try to force different loot options. (Source)

LFR
LFR does not count as increasing raid participation, this flawed assumption is hurting the game (+participation=durable subs)
Why is it hurting the game? It gives many players something fun to do that they didn't have access to before. (Source)

His main point about LFR is "2 days played time at 90 and i've killed Lei Shen already. what's left in the game?"
How about content that actually challenges you? If that's not your thing, then stick to LFR. Everyone's happy? (Source)

It's the fact that so many players are now simply content to do LFR, and it's harder to find normal raiders.
Most of the players doing LFR just didn't raid at all before. They were never really eligible for recruitment. (Source)

and the trivial nature of seeing completing content /no difficulty curve in general is negatively impacting that.
In my experience, most players complaining about LFR aren't doing so with the noble goal of the new player experience. (Source)
They didn't claim to be noble. Just that they believe LFR reduces interest in tier quickly & hurts raid recruiting.
Maybe, though I suspect some of it is they feel LFR devalues their raiding accomplishments or it just offends them. (Source)

do you feel that LFR has limited the mechanics we can see in bosses? I doubt we'll ever see a Chimaeron or Atramedes again
Or normal and heroic can just have different mechanics.... (Source)

It is definitly worth the cost cause it's way more fun. No one talks now. What was wrong with the LFG tool in TBC?
It wasn't fun to spend your night of WoW hoping an Arcatraz group would form. Could literally be your whole night. (Source)

Heroic Raids
Those who want challenges have heroic raids; you held this view in WotLK, and now it's changed. Worth the cost?
Challenges are very personal. Normal raiding may be challenging for me but gold challenge modes are for you. (Source)
But that felt bad both for players who had accomplished a lot and those who never got to finish. (Source)
This gets back to progression - as long as everyone has some, players tend to be happy. Everyone need not be at the same place. (Source)

Only 1% of players are playing in hardmodes: are you absolutely sure, game needs them?
Yes. I don't think your arguments here work. You are equating popularity with whether something is good for the game. (Source)
For example, an invulnerability toggle in the outdoor world would, I bet, be very popular. It's hard to argue the game needs it. (Source)

I was always a fan of "hardmode via approach (Ulduar)" Not sure if I love or hate flexraids yet...Only one way to find out...
Ulduar, was cool, but we could only do the "interesting approach" so many different ways. We even copped out on Mimiron. (Source)
I dont know, being the guy that pushed the big red button that said "dont push" was kinda fun.
No doubt. But don't you think it would lose its charm if Horridon and Durumu and Iron Qon all had big red buttons too? (Source)

Scenarios
Not being able to do any scenarios until I've gotten some friends together to do a heroic scenario that day really bites
We are reconsidering that design. We were trying to give players less to do, but the problem you describe may be worse. (Source)

How about we skip 3-4 months over widespread debate and just make the H Scenario's "random-able"?
Because then everyone will demand we nerf the difficulty or let them kick the players that offend them. (Source)

PvE
I do want to debunk the myth that hard content (with no other options) will force socialization. (Source)
We are experimenting with that idea a bit with heroic scenarios. We'll see what the response is. (Source)

Re: Cataclysm heroic dungeons. As a player, I liked them. I like strategy > gogogo. (Source)
But, Cat dungeon difficulty did not play well with random matchmaking, and those players felt like we offered them no alternatives. (Source)
One strategy is to hope players stick with the tough dungeons but bail on the random matchmaking and find friends and guilds to run them. (Source)
But that's not what happened. A lot of players just gave up on heroic dungeons and then had no other PvE endgame. (Source)

Fast food since cata, MoP did a great change, but still lacks enough non-raiding content outside of leveling.
We haven't yet found anything else that provides the longevity of raiding. Possibly completing PvP Conquest gear. (Source)

why is it that we see this attitude of "more difficulties = more content" when it really doesn't? it seems to cause less
I could see that argument in the ToC era, but ToT is a big raid (and so is the next one). (Source)

In old days you were able to get tier sets and good nonsets via VP. Isn't is what players want now?
We wanted looting the boss itself to be more exciting. Valor eclipsed the dragon horde. (Source)

What's the reasoning behind CDs resetting after kill/wipe if >5 min, but not if >3 min?
We felt by the time you recovered and rebuffed that 3 min wasn't long to wait. (Source)

Id have to say that this expansion's dungeons are the least unique of any expansion to date. Rehashed plus reused.
Gate, Brewery and Jade were dungeons first that were inserted into the outside world for consistency. (Source)
Siege IIRC was added after the outside world was done. (Source)

Imperfect, but a quick and dirty analysis of what you're doing to raiding.
We appreciate the effort, but it's comparing raids at very different points in their life cycles. (Source)
Totally - it's the inference from T14 and on that people seem dramatically more willing to give up than before.
Your data (I assume that's you) doesn't show player willingness to give up though. It shows boss kills. (Source)
Then how do you explain the dramatic drop off in raiders starting the expansion with a boss kill and not moving to Jin'rokh?
Part of it is that the new tier requires higher ilevel (literally in the case of LFR) and not everyone is there yet. (Source)
No, thats not part of it. Jinrohk started with 20k kills and has 23k ones now. You wont see a flux of ppl doing it
I don't understand where the 20K number is coming from. Is that a theoretical example? (Source)
http://t.co/TjFIpnls8b 20k was what Jinrohk had after 4 weeks and its both 10 and 25 man.
I should add that I am excluding LFR and I am talking about accounts not alts in those examples. (Source)
So, slower gear catch up, less alts and linear raids are the cause of the drop, not difficulty? That seems your implication.
Not sure how alts figures into it. Our data suggests difficulty is about where it has been for some time. (Source)
You guys can debate whether finishing an old tier first or jumping right to a new tier is more fun. Not cut and dried IMO. (Source)
But faster patches and no instant catch up means guilds can't switch on a dime to a new raid tier, which they could in Cat. (Source)
I prefer the cata way. I really wonder if you just listened to an echo chamber those days.
The problem we had then was players would give up quickly on a tough boss because they knew a new patch would bring tons of gear. (Source)
It was if they were just gearing from patches and not from killing bosses. That's an effective but not very fun way to play. (Source)

In the (recent) past we would have immediately invalidated all previous content when a new patch hit. (Source)
ToT LFR felt like it invalidated T14N, was that the intention or should they have been efficient catch-up raids?
LFR makes it very complicated to have traditional normal tier progression. (Source)
Even if you ignore the gear, it's a little weird to be fighting N Sha of Fear in and killing LFR Lei Shen at the same time. (Source)

In MoP we tried for a slightly more vanilla feel where you finish 5.0 before going to 5.2. We provide more catch up than vanilla. (Source)
The problem with MoP catch up is that it's entirely random; there's literally no guarantee a player will ever get gear up.
Most of our rewards are random. As long as the income rate is okay, it works out. (Source)

I thought the new coin system was in to prevent bad streaks, I used 3 coins last week and 2 so far this week and still nothing
Our concern is that player expectation is to get loot frequently, but epics are just about the best reward we have in the game. (Source)
That's the biggest problem of raiding - casuals want to get loot at 5ppl's rate. That's why LFR can't replace 5ppls.
There is some truth to that. To earn a new boss kill in normal might take hours, maybe days. In LFR you burn through it all fast. (Source)

Are you happy with world bosses? Or wont we see many more in the next expacs?
We're happy with the "easy" Sha / Nalak verion. Still iterating on the "harder" version: Galleon / Oondasta. There will be more. (Source)

Weekly News Recap
Lots of news this week, so here is your chance to catch up!


This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 5.4 Legendary Quest Line Update, Upcoming Raid Testing, Blue Tweets, News Recap started by chaud View original post
Comments 91 Comments
  1. mooglewing's Avatar
    People are never satisfied. If Blizzard put a vendor in an instance somewhere selling all the gear for 1 gold per piece, people would whine about both the time it took to get to the instance as well as complaining that the price was too high.
  1. dhru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Q&A View Post
    "The problem we had then was players would give up quickly on a tough boss because they knew a new patch would bring tons of gear."
    Yeah, because the normal raids are too hard for normal raiders to deal with them after Cataclysm. Most of us can see that in wowprogres how the raider guilds gave up at a harder boss. So they need to wait the next patch to get some gear.
    I know a guild who started with 496ilvl in TOT, and after 371 wipe they killed Horridon on the 4th week (and for this boss they had to recruit a fuuu monk healer to get poison off, "bring the class blizzard, bring the class? hehh?").... They are casuals, they don't want to get hc kills.... They wanted to see the normal content. Now the guild gone down the drain, players gave up. - 7 subs, and they will not come back...

    Yesterday with a full premade raid ( http://openraid.eu/events/view/107703 ) we tried to kill MSV 25 normal first boss. After 19 wipe and 2 hrs most of us gave up. Maybe we will check again after the next exp.

    The main problem is nowadays Normal difficulity is like hard modes in Ulduar....
    For +12 ilvl (RF502 + 8 upgrade) is not worth wasting time over normal raid.
  1. Reyzzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhru View Post
    The main problem is nowadays Normal difficulity is like hard modes in Ulduar....
    For +12 ilvl (RF502 + 8 upgrade) is not worth wasting time over normal raid.
    It's a waste of time from the moment you log in, might aswell have fun while "wasting your time". To me, and other raiders out there LFR is neither fun nor worth the time, because it's faceroll. Simple as that.
  1. Leylaa's Avatar
    where is pico?
  1. Ysilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    too much to collect, randomness, annoyance, boring no challenge at all.
    Well, this can apply to any legendary until now.
  1. Flimsy's Avatar
    The legendary shouldn't be a weapon anyway. They are the best items to go for, making every single weapon in SoO pretty much void. It's not going to be a slot that can be filled with a tier piece for obvious reasons and after already getting a high lvl cloak it makes sense for us to upgrade it further and make it legendary. I do hope the upgrade includes a proc of some sort though.
  1. Alfakennyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    people are just gonna use the legendary items in pvp and stomp everyone once they get there legendary weapons
    Stats get nerfed during BGs on the cloak anyways(1/3 the stats)
  1. Reyzzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    The legendary shouldn't be a weapon anyway. They are the best items to go for, making every single weapon in SoO pretty much void. It's not going to be a slot that can be filled with a tier piece for obvious reasons and after already getting a high lvl cloak it makes sense for us to upgrade it further and make it legendary. I do hope the upgrade includes a proc of some sort though.
    This 1000 times over.

    If they gave legendary weapon from the quest, there shouldn't be any weapon of epic quality in SoO. I would want to witness that shitstorm
  1. ZenX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    The legendary shouldn't be a weapon anyway. They are the best items to go for, making every single weapon in SoO pretty much void. It's not going to be a slot that can be filled with a tier piece for obvious reasons and after already getting a high lvl cloak it makes sense for us to upgrade it further and make it legendary. I do hope the upgrade includes a proc of some sort though.
    Yeah and we didn't see that happen with any legendary released before oh wait:

    Val'anyr, Shadowmourne and Dragonwrath says hi...

    People did use Val'anyr and Dragonwrath for 3.3 and 4.3 respectively instead of anything that dropped in their respective instances regardless of the ilvl. However, at their respective patches with a slight unfavoring of those that were going for the legendary people used the weapons that dropped from those instances.

    It was until the 4th month of ICC's release that people who were on the Shadowmourne quest used 270+ (HC-level drops) weapons. Those who got it later were even using 284 ilvl weapons before getting it.

    However, for these reasons alone that is why you make the legendary a challenge to attain, in my opinion tying it to an attainable group-feat still cheapens it as much as making it tied heavily to a RNG. In this sense, I view Dragonwrath and FoF to be more legendary than any other wep that was thrown at us as one.

    ...and the real reason for my disappointment is that the Legendary was having quite a nice build-up with the standard grinding that gone a bit bad with SoE and TRS drop-rates yet was bearable with how diverse it was due to different requirements (Killing enemy general, going into battlefield etc.) with a mildly challenging event at the Thunderforge promising a legendary experience. Yet with how cheap the Wrathion's challenges were in 5.3 and the incoming standard token farming and zerg-festing of the Celestials to get an orange piece of cloth.

    What I expected was much different, I thought we would be getting a final challenge in league with Charger or Dreadsteed quests that would in turn grant us with the legendary weapon.

    But we are getting a poor legendary questline and a glorified orange cloak. Guess they could very well reveal Sha of Happiness as the heroic-only boss of SoO.
  1. ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leylaa View Post
    where is pico?
    all all those comments we made so she would do her job right. We trained her and she left!!!!!
  1. Vesci's Avatar
    Was Jess sick or....she lost like 30lbs...and she wasn't over weight. Eat something girl!
  1. AvatarM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Yeah and we didn't see that happen with any legendary released before oh wait:

    Val'anyr, Shadowmourne and Dragonwrath says hi...

    People did use Val'anyr and Dragonwrath for 3.3 and 4.3 respectively instead of anything that dropped in their respective instances regardless of the ilvl. However, at their respective patches with a slight unfavoring of those that were going for the legendary people used the weapons that dropped from those instances.

    It was until the 4th month of ICC's release that people who were on the Shadowmourne quest used 270+ (HC-level drops) weapons. Those who got it later were even using 284 ilvl weapons before getting it.

    However, for these reasons alone that is why you make the legendary a challenge to attain, in my opinion tying it to an attainable group-feat still cheapens it as much as making it tied heavily to a RNG. In this sense, I view Dragonwrath and FoF to be more legendary than any other wep that was thrown at us as one.

    ...and the real reason for my disappointment is that the Legendary was having quite a nice build-up with the standard grinding that gone a bit bad with SoE and TRS drop-rates yet was bearable with how diverse it was due to different requirements (Killing enemy general, going into battlefield etc.) with a mildly challenging event at the Thunderforge promising a legendary experience. Yet with how cheap the Wrathion's challenges were in 5.3 and the incoming standard token farming and zerg-festing of the Celestials to get an orange piece of cloth.

    What I expected was much different, I thought we would be getting a final challenge in league with Charger or Dreadsteed quests that would in turn grant us with the legendary weapon.

    But we are getting a poor legendary questline and a glorified orange cloak. Guess they could very well reveal Sha of Happiness as the heroic-only boss of SoO.
    1, 2 Players from a 25 man raid used Valanyr/Shadowmourne. Not 25 players. People do nothing and wanna a damn legendary weapon. Blizzard already gave a OVERPOWERED metagem and a OP cloak (that will be more OP) FOR FREE, and people still complain.
  1. Sheogath's Avatar
    those 4 celestials are the new worldbosses why havent the ppl on mmo- champ seen them in dungeonjournal yet? :/
  1. ZenX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    1, 2 Players from a 25 man raid used Valanyr/Shadowmourne. Not 25 players. People do nothing and wanna a damn legendary weapon. Blizzard already gave a OVERPOWERED metagem and a OP cloak (that will be more OP) FOR FREE, and people still complain.
    Borked-Ravencrest(EU) had 6 of Val'anyrs and 2 Shadowmournes when they got their kill.

    Wrath-Shadowsong(EU) had at least 3 of Val'anyrs and 3 Shadowmournes by July aka the 8th month of the patch and they got their LoD in september aka the 10th month of the patch.

    ...and clearly you did not read my post, its not those darned items that will become obsolete the come the new expansion, heck the the breath is already useless for me thanks to no weapon drops from ToT on normal with the best weapon I've got being a random enchantment weapon from an HC scenario with crystallized gems being obsolete for a long while now. Furthermore, I have only seen a total of 4 Secrets of the empire over a month of full ToT clear.

    Yet, it never was about the item, heck I did not even had much of a problem upon reading on the release on cloaks on 5.3. However, the tipping point for me was reading of the last part of the questline being anything but legendary.

    ...and if you are to just yell around saying how this is early PTR and things are raw, then you are blind to the fact that if they can change something about it, now is the time to do that not after it goes live.

    Blizzard had from time and time recited that they design the legendaries to be visually viewable items with great effects due to time spend on designing the whole experience associated with them. Heck, for this reason Fangs of the Father were as big as swords regardless of being daggers.

    Honestly, if this is the way how these glorified oranges ends up in live with a quest experience that does not fromt the content that is already submitted with the patch, then the designer behind the idea is an outright buffoon for culminating such a well crafted expansion with such a measly questline.
  1. Flimsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Yeah and we didn't see that happen with any legendary released before oh wait:

    Val'anyr, Shadowmourne and Dragonwrath says hi...

    Yeah because those weapons were readily available for the amount of people due to get a legendary from this quest...you could get what 2..maybe 3 legendarys per guild if your lucky...these cloaks will be worn by the majority of the server. Totally different thing.
  1. Revak's Avatar
    Maybe it will be a legendary cloak that has a proc that summons the Sha of Super Fun & Happiness who dances around and gives you free battle pets, bags of 5 gold, and a chance at an ilvl 450 item that binds on pickup b/c you need that at this point......b/c that's about where this game seems to be headed.
  1. ZenX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Yeah because those weapons were readily available for the amount of people due to get a legendary from this quest...you could get what 2..maybe 3 legendarys per guild if your lucky...these cloaks will be worn by the majority of the server. Totally different thing.
    Yet, I'm advocating for a legendary that would be given to those "worthy". Heck, this is what I had expected:

    After completing the trials in the Timeless Isle and returning Wrathion for your reward, he would give you the "Jewel of Pandaria", a summoning item and reply:

    "I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. However, it is not yet over." Spirit of Shaohao comes forward where he shows the future of Azeroth if Garrosh is not stopped which leads you into proving ground-esque solo-scenarios where you re-live the moments of when you have beaten the six Sha where you embody a Celestial to empower the other three.

    After this part you are sent into killing the Sha of Pride. However, upon beating him you receive an item that belongs that is associated with your class which sents you to a character to an in-game hero who is of the class.

    You go through a class specific questline to obtain great weapon of immense strength to empower you against Garrosh. The weapon gets fused with your class sigil you have been carrying along. However, doing so corrupts it and the weapon splits into two with one-half becoming Sha-touched which manifests a Sha-infused version of youself.

    The fight will require you to fight to your best until you defeat your pride by destroying your weapon which results in the destruction of the final Sha.

    Afterwards, Shaohao arrives with the celestials and Wrathion. You give in the crystallized gem, eye of the black prince, the crown of the heavens and the cape to them. Along with your shattered weapon they reforge it into the legendary weapon.

    ...then you go kill Garrosh Hellscream.
  1. Revak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Yet, I'm advocating for a legendary that would be given to those "worthy". Heck, this is what I had expected:

    After completing the trials in the Timeless Isle and returning Wrathion for your reward, he would give you the "Jewel of Pandaria", a summoning item and reply:

    "I have no reward to offer you. I have already done everything in my power to ensure that you succeed. However, it is not yet over." Spirit of Shaohao comes forward where he shows the future of Azeroth if Garrosh is not stopped which leads you into proving ground-esque solo-scenarios where you re-live the moments of when you have beaten the six Sha where you embody a Celestial to empower the other three.

    After this part you are sent into killing the Sha of Pride. However, upon beating him you receive an item that belongs that is associated with your class which sents you to a character to an in-game hero who is of the class.

    You go through a class specific questline to obtain great weapon of immense strength to empower you against Garrosh. The weapon gets fused with your class sigil you have been carrying along. However, doing so corrupts it and the weapon splits into two with one-half becoming Sha-touched which manifests a Sha-infused version of youself.

    The fight will require you to fight to your best until you defeat your pride by destroying your weapon which results in the destruction of the final Sha.

    Afterwards, Shaohao arrives with the celestials and Wrathion. You give in the crystallized gem, eye of the black prince, the crown of the heavens and the cape to them. Along with your shattered weapon they reforge it into the legendary weapon.

    ...then you go kill Garrosh Hellscream.

    That would be a great ending to this legendary pursuit!!!!!
  1. Rolly's Avatar
    Gear ceases to be legendary when everyone can get it by running random queues and I'm a LFR hero.

    There is nothing legendary about RNG drops, they call that luck or lack of luck.

    RNG has a cheap development cost as well as dailies, that's why we're seeing it in every aspect of WoW these days. Professions being a perfect example.
  1. Tython's Avatar
    I'd love to see more of the legendary questline but the Titan Runestone drops are insanely low. Also the lack of a weapon at the end of it makes the entire questline lame.

Site Navigation