MMO-Champion - New Stuff Coming to the Pet Store!
New Stuff Coming to the Pet Store!
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We’ve got some new stuff coming to the Pet Store, and we wanted to give everyone a quick sneak peek. Obviously, the Pet Store has been the place where we sell pets and mounts, but we’ve come up with some new types of cosmetic goodies, including some fun new little toys and Transmogrifiables.

First up: a trio of cosmetic helms for Transmogrification. ( Jewel of the Firelord, Hood of Hungering Darkness, and Crown of Eternal Winter) When Transmog went into the game, people immediately started talking about the possibility of just buying armor looks. So we’re going ahead and forging a few helms and seeing how they fit. They don’t have any stats, they’re just for looks, and you can use them to change the appearance of the helms for any characters of any class or race (they work with all armor types). They’re great for spicing up a Transmog set—or replacing a tier head piece you hate the looks of. No need to check that ‘Hide Helm’ box any longer!




Here are a few images, but keep in mind that these are all special-effecty and animated in a really cool way. You may have even seen these models pop up on Wowhead or MMO-Champion earlier this year.

We’re also trying out something else new. A lot of people have liked the kinds of fun, limited-use items you can get from the WoW TCG—so we’re taking that idea to the Pet Store. Soon you’ll be able to snag two fun new little toys: the Seesaw and Iron Hitching Post!

You can jump on the Seesaw with a party member and relive the childhood glee of trying to slam your friend into the ground . . . or you can have a big ogre named Lunk launch them into the air. Really, though, you’ll probably just look super cute gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes. D’awwwww.


True story: Worgen are exactly the same weight as Ogres.

The Iron Hitching Post is a little different: It’s an item you set down that allows you and up to 24 of your closest raiding cohorts to each jump on your own new unearthly Iron Warhorse mount. You can use it for smaller parties too, and it’s also great for Battlegrounds. Imagine the look on your opponents’ faces when they see a unified front of ghost horses galloping toward them . . . just to ruin everything and capture Snowfall Graveyard. (STOP IT!)




Hyah ghost-steed! Later I’ll feed you some ghost-oats in the ghost-barn.

We don’t have specific release dates for any of these items yet, but you can expect to see them show up in the Pet Store in the near future.

Let us know what you think, and what other kinds of fun and cosmetic items you might like to see in the Pet Store in the comments below!
This article was originally published in forum thread: New Stuff Coming to the Pet Store! started by chaud View original post
Comments 802 Comments
  1. Immitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I never said I liked the pet store either. TCG items (mounts and pets at least) can be obtained completely ingame for gold.

    I don't understand how people consider cosmetic things to not be actual "content"..
    some of the tcg items are boe. some arent. just like pet store stuff.
  1. Paulosio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    They get away with it, proven for years now. They'll implement anything they want for $$$ and people will throw it at them, on top of the sub.

    Get away with what exactly ? It's totally optional since it's only cosmetic. Sure some people will buy it and blizz will make money out of it. The people who like it enough to pay money for it get items they will enjoy, blizz makes more money and finally (and I know this is probably optimistic) the game is improved for everyone by the money blizz makes.
  1. King of Games's Avatar
    i cancelled my account late last month because i was bored and needed a break until 5.4, but this solidifies my decision in not coming back.

    i never liked pets and mounts being in the store for the record, and now that they're adding transmog gear on there, coupled with the fact that the last several tier sets have been absolute crap, forgetful, and uninspiring, it just goes to show that blizzard doesn't care about the state of the game. they only care about bleeding out as much money as possible while the ship keeps sinking.

    well, i'll be getting off here. it was a fun ride while it lasted, but i won't be sitting around as they continue to put the best looking gear on the store, and have the janitor work on the next tier set. no disrespect to the janitor, but you're not ready yet.
  1. vende77a's Avatar
    And something more that u cant earn ingame...
  1. ZenX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatyer View Post
    Why not? Think if Blizz made available old vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cataclysm achievements (along with their rewards, mounts, titles) through the store, wouldn't you be interested?
    Nope wouldn't worth it, I generally did my achievements either for experiencing the story or out of sheer boredom, except for my glory of the icecrown raider that I've done for my DK to have a proper mount.
  1. Netherspark's Avatar
    The only way I would ever be okay with this is if they either lower the sub fees or make everything from the store obtainable or tradeable ingame.
  1. ZenX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    You are obviously missing the fucking point. It's about a thing called principles.

    All this time we've been paying $15 for a service and continued development of the game. These days we are constantly being told they don't have enough people to do big raids and dungeons - or other things. We've been paying the same price all this time since the start. Now they are slowly giving us less and less in return. They are taking developers (doesn't fucking matter if it's another team that does dungeons or whatnot) to make things that we have to pay money for BESIDE the subscribtion we've payed since start.

    They are taking away creative content away from in-game rewarding and slapping an additional price on it - while leaving the subscribtion fee as it is. You might think it doesn't matter what another person does. But frankly that kind of short-sighted lack of understanding is the reason why this eventually will result in things such as:

    - Buy 200% honor/conquest/justice/valor gain for 24 hours.
    - Buy 6 Mogu charms.
    - Buy this exclusive set of armor that is of better quality and creativity than anything in-game.
    - Buy 50% increase to LFR boss loot for 7 days.

    None of these things DIRECTLY affect you as another player (because of weekly caps etc), but it's still wrong.

    All while they continue to ask $15 - the same price as in Vanilla. It is disgusting double-dipping practice. And I for one will walk away from a game I've played since Launch - if they walk down this path.

    You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Please elaborate on this point while some of us are choked due to the sheer amount of content contrary to our experiences in TBC/WotLK/Cata.
  1. PenguinChan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I never said I liked the pet store either. TCG items (mounts and pets at least) can be obtained completely ingame for gold.

    I don't understand how people consider cosmetic things to not be actual "content"..
    If I'm not mistaken, not everything from the TCG is able to be traded, or sold on the AH. You need to buy it with a real world currency and not gold. This has gone on forever, yes? So why is that okay but not an in-game equivalent. I'm sure you'll say it's not but it has been around for a very stupidly long time, way before the implementation of the pet store / mounts.

    It's visual content, yes.
  1. ZenX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The only way I would ever be okay with this is if they either lower the sub fees or make everything from the store obtainable or tradeable ingame.
    = P2W

    /darn those 10 chars
  1. Hentai-san's Avatar
    I was expecting these helmets to be the 'secret' reward after completing the Legendary chain, guess I was wrong.
  1. SodiumChloride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    My favourite part is all of the people complaining about this, I really don't get where the hate is coming from. Why do people dislike some of the things so much that have literally no impact on them whatsoever.
    It's the principle of it. Cool looking stuff is part of the reward structure of this game. When you just allow people to buy it with real money ... How is that not "pay to win"? It's like a basketball player paying a $100 to add 10 pts to his team. Play and score baskets? Not necessary.
  1. palamanian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    You are obviously missing the fucking point. It's about a thing called principles.

    All this time we've been paying $15 for a service and continued development of the game. These days we are constantly being told they don't have enough people to do big raids and dungeons - or other things. We've been paying the same price all this time since the start. Now they are slowly giving us less and less in return. They are taking developers (doesn't fucking matter if it's another team that does dungeons or whatnot) to make things that we have to pay money for BESIDE the subscribtion we've payed since start.

    They are taking away creative content away from in-game rewarding and slapping an additional price on it - while leaving the subscribtion fee as it is. You might think it doesn't matter what another person does. But frankly that kind of short-sighted lack of understanding is the reason why this eventually will result in things such as:

    - Buy 200% honor/conquest/justice/valor gain for 24 hours.
    - Buy 6 Mogu charms.
    - Buy this exclusive set of armor that is of better quality and creativity than anything in-game.
    - Buy 25% increase to LFR boss loot.

    None of these things DIRECTLY affect you as another player (because of weekly caps etc), but it's still wrong.

    All while they continue to ask $15 - the same price as in Vanilla. It is disgusting double-dipping practice. And I for one will walk away from a game I've played since Launch - if they walk down this path.

    You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    I see these arguments all over the place, and it's rather puzzling to me. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything, you pay $15.00 each month for whatever content they have to offer, regardless of how great or bad that content is. There are so many games out there, if you don't like this one, find another one that better suits what you want out of a video game. That's the bottom line, you can dress up your argument anyway you like, this game is what it is, if you don't enjoy it, don't pay for it.
  1. Zoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboard View Post
    Where's the new PETS from the PET STORE?? D: /collector
    That was my first thought as well. Why do they still call it PET store instead of Blizz store or something?

    Although, as for why there aren't any new pets, it's probably because the Blossoming Ancient is still new.
  1. Immitis's Avatar
    they will never do gear with stats on them. why? because everytime they add something what is it pretty much everyone says? "fine as long as its only cosmetic"

    everytime they add something everyone always says "dont care as long as theres no stats" they know we dont care as long as there is no stats and it isnt pay to win, they know what they can and cant do and how the community will react, its not like these fan sites have a blizzard shield and they cant see what they say they have people whos entire job is just to read forum posts and fan sites to see peoples reactions.
  1. Amerrol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    They have some interesting animations, though I don't really see them fitting in with most transmog sets currently in the game. I won't buy them, but I'm sure a lot of people will, and not just the "noobs" as most people seem to be thinking.

    My favourite part is all of the people complaining about this, I really don't get where the hate is coming from. Why do people dislike some of the things so much that have literally no impact on them whatsoever.
    Don't worry, they will be releasing the full set once they gauge people's reactions. Unfortunatly they are going to make a killing from people who can't understand how this is bad for the game.
  1. neanoa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    I see these arguments all over the place, and it's rather puzzling to me. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything, you pay $15.00 each month for whatever content they have to offer, regardless of how great or bad that content is. There are so many games out there, if you don't like this one, find another one that better suits what you want out of a video game. That's the bottom line, you can dress up your argument anyway you like, this game is what it is, if you don't enjoy it, don't pay for it.
    Way to not refute ANYTHING I said. Because you can't. Stop trying to change the subject (me wanting to play or not, because I god damn will quit over this).
  1. lunchbox2042's Avatar
    Blizzard seems to be going the f2p cash shop route while maintaining a subscription.
  1. Zoma's Avatar
    Also, I don't see myself buying any of this stuff. The helms don't match any of my current transmogs, and no way am I buying the seesaw or hitching post, or anything that is consumed on use, although I don't think I'd buy the seesaw or hitching post anyways, even if they didn't get consumed. Go after it in-game? Probably. Buy with real money? No.
  1. Netherspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, not everything from the TCG is able to be traded, or sold on the AH. You need to buy it with a real world currency and not gold. This has gone on forever, yes? So why is that okay but not an in-game equivalent. I'm sure you'll say it's not but it has been around for a very stupidly long time, way before the implementation of the pet store / mounts.
    I don't think that's okay either. At least the older non-tradeable TCG items do appear on the Black Market AH, and there's a good chance that newer ones will too in the future.
  1. subanark's Avatar
    It would work better if it didn't take up inventory space to store all that stuff. And I'm not sure people will really buy into the consumable items... but I could be wrong.

Site Navigation