MMO-Champion - New Stuff Coming to the Pet Store!
New Stuff Coming to the Pet Store!
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
We’ve got some new stuff coming to the Pet Store, and we wanted to give everyone a quick sneak peek. Obviously, the Pet Store has been the place where we sell pets and mounts, but we’ve come up with some new types of cosmetic goodies, including some fun new little toys and Transmogrifiables.

First up: a trio of cosmetic helms for Transmogrification. ( Jewel of the Firelord, Hood of Hungering Darkness, and Crown of Eternal Winter) When Transmog went into the game, people immediately started talking about the possibility of just buying armor looks. So we’re going ahead and forging a few helms and seeing how they fit. They don’t have any stats, they’re just for looks, and you can use them to change the appearance of the helms for any characters of any class or race (they work with all armor types). They’re great for spicing up a Transmog set—or replacing a tier head piece you hate the looks of. No need to check that ‘Hide Helm’ box any longer!




Here are a few images, but keep in mind that these are all special-effecty and animated in a really cool way. You may have even seen these models pop up on Wowhead or MMO-Champion earlier this year.

We’re also trying out something else new. A lot of people have liked the kinds of fun, limited-use items you can get from the WoW TCG—so we’re taking that idea to the Pet Store. Soon you’ll be able to snag two fun new little toys: the Seesaw and Iron Hitching Post!

You can jump on the Seesaw with a party member and relive the childhood glee of trying to slam your friend into the ground . . . or you can have a big ogre named Lunk launch them into the air. Really, though, you’ll probably just look super cute gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes. D’awwwww.


True story: Worgen are exactly the same weight as Ogres.

The Iron Hitching Post is a little different: It’s an item you set down that allows you and up to 24 of your closest raiding cohorts to each jump on your own new unearthly Iron Warhorse mount. You can use it for smaller parties too, and it’s also great for Battlegrounds. Imagine the look on your opponents’ faces when they see a unified front of ghost horses galloping toward them . . . just to ruin everything and capture Snowfall Graveyard. (STOP IT!)




Hyah ghost-steed! Later I’ll feed you some ghost-oats in the ghost-barn.

We don’t have specific release dates for any of these items yet, but you can expect to see them show up in the Pet Store in the near future.

Let us know what you think, and what other kinds of fun and cosmetic items you might like to see in the Pet Store in the comments below!
This article was originally published in forum thread: New Stuff Coming to the Pet Store! started by chaud View original post
Comments 802 Comments
  1. KIRSTYBELLE's Avatar
    Like the direction Blizzard is taking so far. Every single bit of it.
  1. bjred712's Avatar
    Only read the first couple of pages and then just stopped reading. What makes people think WoW is going to stay subscription based? They are losing subscriptions left and right, only makes sense to start switching over to a free to play model. And if they can keep the monthly money coming in while they introduce more micro-transaction items for people to buy, more power to them. It is a business after all. I was pretty sure that when Titan was released that they would make WoW free with Titan needing a subscription, and to start seeing them introduce more items to buy almost confirms it for me even though Titan was "reset".

    As for me, the helms look interesting but they aren't for me. The hitching post on the other hand........I might have to fork over the money for that.
  1. dave214's Avatar
    I don't expect micro transactions in a game i pay to play. I already pay to have these items made now I have to pay to get them? They need to start dropping the sub price if they are gonna keep doing this. Lots of luck on that happening though.
  1. Moradim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

    People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

    And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.

    Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser coins don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

    And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

    This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

    Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

    Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).
    indeed. it is a VERY slippery slope, as we can now see.
  1. Yalingo's Avatar
    If you don't like it, vote with your wallets and stop paying them.
  1. Kanx's Avatar
    Cancelled sub a month ago (for the first time ever) with all intentions on returning for 5.4.

    After playing since day 1, as much as I hate to say it, I think this might be the end of the road.

    This game has moved so far away from what it used to be. Best of luck to everyone who continues to play. Hope that they draw a line with their cash stops pretty soon.
  1. Sazabius's Avatar
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Welcome to World of Swtor where you WILL pay cash for any decent looking armor and like it!!!

    Oh and we're still going to charge you a subscription!!!

    EDIT: As for people saying speak with your wallet I'm way ahead of you... I'd rather give money to Trion because they deserve it and they don't ask for it ;p In the end only WoW could kill WoW as we are finally seeing it happen.
  1. Feindy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanx View Post
    Cancelled sub a month ago (for the first time ever) with all intentions on returning for 5.4.

    After playing since day 1, as much as I hate to say it, I think this might be the end of the road.

    This game has moved so far away from what it used to be. Best of luck to everyone who continues to play. Hope that they draw a line with their cash stops pretty soon.
    thats exactly how i feel
  1. Neonore's Avatar
    Gimme all the shiney gear allready, here's my money Blizz
  1. Scorpioz's Avatar
    omg get over it, no ones asking you to buy these items, there just there if you want them jeez
  1. Raelys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Alot of games are doing this and getting away with it, why can't wow do it without people throwing a tantrum?
    Because it's WoW. I think a lot of people, including me, don't want the game they've played for years to 'sell out'.

    Understandably, with all these backtracks in what we can now buy for cash, people are concerned.
  1. Tarx's Avatar
    Yes I need more ways to spend my monney.
  1. Time Sage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

    People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

    And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.

    Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser coins don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

    And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

    This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

    Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

    Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).
    Except we have no proof on the stuff you bolded. For all we know those could be test items. Or they could be restricted to he asiain regions where the game is already run diffrenty. (or in the case of the really big, not invovled at all!) Wait for SOLID evidance before proclaim the sky is falling at the first signs of rain.
  1. Sazabius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Except we have no proof on the stuff you bolded. For all we know those could be test items. Or they could be restricted to he asiain regions where the game is already run diffrenty. (or in the case of the really big, not invovled at all!) Wait for SOLID evidance before proclaim the sky is falling at the first signs of rain.
    Blizz adding TRANSMOG items for CASH to a P2P game is the first sign of rain?
    Yep, all WoW players are delusional at this point...

    I highly suggest you ALL log into SWTOR and take a tour of their in-game store because that is your future. lol. WoW will eventually become a P2P hybrid where you don't even know what you're paying for anymore, you just pay $$$ - oh wait too late it already is a P2P hybrid...

    The RMAH in Diablo 3 made that game so much better, right? Blizzard can do no wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I gotta give it to Blizzard though, only they are talented enough to kill over a million subs with a single announcement (just wait for their next quarterly sub loss announcement).
  1. piannino's Avatar
    Blizzard....

    You are already getting enough money from your subscribers... It is part of your services to provide the players with beautiful items and armor sets... I now see what is happening...you are lowering the level of droped items in order to sell those transmogrifications.... Simply discusting.... Instead of fixing those heads go and add them to your next tier in Throne of thunder, because all the sets you designed are just Disgusting....Weirdly enough those helmets are AWESOME i wonder why this is happening..... or do it?
  1. Sazabius's Avatar
    Obviously the interns are working on the tier sets and the salary artists are now working on the cash shop ;p

    Honestly most of the armor in the game has been hit or miss (most of it has been miss) but it was always free (well I paid $15/mo but beyond that it was free + my time).

    Now we have cool animated helms but you get to pay $$$? But it's ok because the gear doesn't have stats? No, no, it's ok because they already sell mounts and pets in the store. Or the flaccid "they are vanity and therefor not required so why bitch that you have to buy them?" excuse.

    Fuck principles, they just get in the way of leeching money off your 'already' paying customers. I see no problem with this at all.
  1. Sainur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    yeah.......lolololol......ok kid, you keep telling yourself that but your words speak volumes.....lool
    dipshit kid, all that you are
    Why are little trolling shitheads like you not banned yet? Haha, sure, you're the wise adult and we are the dipshit kids. Your way of typing shows how much of an intellectual being you are.
  1. Pickwickman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Except we have no proof on the stuff you bolded. For all we know those could be test items. Or they could be restricted to he asiain regions where the game is already run diffrenty. (or in the case of the really big, not invovled at all!) Wait for SOLID evidance before proclaim the sky is falling at the first signs of rain.
    ...This whole debacle is going to get released in Asia first, doesn't take away that it's a testing grounds for the west.

    Also: here's your source for the 'b-but your bolded parts are wrong. Waaa~'.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=88#1745
  1. toddless's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    ...This whole debacle is going to get released in Asia first, doesn't take away that it's a testing grounds for the west.

    Also: here's your source for the 'b-but your bolded parts are wrong. Waaa~'.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=88#1745
    Remember those separate lockouts between 10 and 25 man everyone was whining about/praising to come back? Remember how those were released in Asia only? Remember how people like you said they were coming to the west?

    ....yep that happened...not.
  1. Viridiancity's Avatar
    This will mark a "Real Names on Forums"-style shitstorm in days passed and to come, I promise.

    And they deserve it.

Site Navigation