MMO-Champion - 5.4 Heirloom Raid Weapons, 5.4 Notes Update, SoO Raid Testing, Blue Tweets, HS Update
Round Table Meetings at Gamescom 2013, Blue Posts, What Creature of Sanctuary Would You Want As a Pet?

In-Game Real Money Beta Purchase Reward Clarifications, Buffs After Silence, Server Regions

Patch 5.4 - Heirloom Raid Weapons
Along with all of the other Siege of Orgrimmar loot, Patch 5.4 adds some Heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh. These items do not drop in Raid Finder difficulty, only Flex, Normal, and Heroic. Keep in mind that nothing on the PTR is final until it goes live.



Patch 5.4 PTR Notes Update - August 7
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes
  • Vengeance has received several changes.
    • So as not to affect Challenge Mode leader boards, the above Vengeance changes will not apply there. For Challenge Modes, Vengeance will continue to work as it did in patch 5.3.

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
  • General
    • Wild Mushroom for Restoration Druids now summons a single mushroom at the friendly target’s location. If the mushroom is recast, the mushroom moves to the new location and retains its accumulated bonus healing.
      • The amount of healing stored on a Wild Mushroom is now reduced by Battle Fatigue.
  • Talents
    • Dream of Cenarius has been completely redesigned to reduce complexity and increase usability, but maintain the spirit of the effects. Benefits now vary by specialization.
      • Guardian: Increases the amount healed by Healing Touch by 20%. Increases the critical strike chance of Mangle (Bear) by 10% and critical strikes of Mangle (Bear) have a 40% chance to make the next Healing Touch or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms. Instant cast version of Healing Touch now benefits from Attack Power instead of Spell Power.

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
  • Talents
    • Rushing Jade Wind has been redesigned and replaces Spinning Crane Kick.
      • Rushing Jade Wind: The Monk summons a whirling tornado around them, dealing damage to nearby enemies (heals nearby allies for Mistweavers). Rushing Jade Wind has the same costs, Chi generation, and periodic rate as Spinning CRake Kick, but, deals 60% of the periodic damage or healing, lasts 6 seconds, is instant, and not channeled.

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
  • General
    • Shadow Word: Death damage is now increased by 80% when used on enemies that have less than 20% health, but the cooldown is no longer reset if the target does not die.
  • Discipline
    • Grace can no longer be dispelled.
  • Class Armor
    • Discipline/Holy PvP 2-piece set bonus' (4-piece set bonus pre-Season 12) Holy Spark effect can no longer be dispelled.
    • Shadow PvP 4-piece set bonus is no longer an area-of-effect and only affects the character that dispels Vampiric Touch.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
  • Arms
    • Slam now deals 50% more damage, but the Rage cost has been increased by 50% as well. While Sweeping Strikes is active, Slam will deal 35% of damage dealt against the primary target to all other enemies within 2 yards, and targets affected by Colossus Smash receives 10% more damage.

Quests

Professions
Archaeology
  • Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator no longer randomizes digsites when acquired, and is more difficult to obtain. They can now only be purchased as part of a Mantid Artifact Hunter’s Kit, which includes a Lorewalker’s Map.

Blacksmithing
  • New Raid and PvP blacksmithing plans have been added. These new plans can be researched by crafting Balanced Trillium Ingot, allowing the blacksmith to learn a random new plan.
  • Plans for Balanced Trillium Ingot could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.

Cooking
  • A number of new cooking recipes have been added, including new foods that give +300 to a primary stat and noodle carts. Some of these new recipes can be learned from drops in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, others from quests.

Enchanting
  • Items formerly obtained with Valor Points that now cost Justice Points as well as gear crafted from new PvP recipes or plans will now disenchant into Sha Crystal Fragments.
  • Multiple Sha Crystal Fragments can be combined into a Sha Crystal.

Engineering
  • Engineers that are able to acquire Chief Engineer Jard’s Journal can learn to craft Jard's Peculiar Energy Source; a new material used in a number of new engineering schematics. The journal can be obtained as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
  • Blingtron 4000 Gift Package now has a chance to contain Lil’ Bling, a companion pet.

Fishing
  • With the lakes and rivers in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms drained of water, the Cloud Serpents carried little buckets of Jewel Danio and relocated them to the Timeless Isle so they can thrive once more.

Inscription
  • Many new glyph techniques have been added, and some existing glyphs have been changed. Some of the new techniques can be obtained from creatures anywhere in Pandaria, while others can only be found on powerful creatures that reside on the Timeless Isle.
  • A new technique to create Crafted Malevolent Gladiator’s Medallion of Tenacity can be found as a world drop

Leatherworking
  • New Raid and PvP leatherworking patterns have been added. These new patterns can be researched by crafting Hardened Magnificent Hide, allowing the leatherworker to learn a random new pattern.
  • Patterns for Hardened Magnificent Hide could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.
  • Leatherworkers can find a pattern to craft Drums of Rage as a drop from creatures in Pandaria. The drums can be used by anyone to give their raid a minor bloodlust-like effect.

Tailoring
  • New Raid and PvP tailoring patterns have been added. These new patterns can be researched by crafting Celestial Cloth, allowing the tailor to learn a random new pattern.
  • Patterns for Celestial Cloth could be found as a drop from creatures in Pandaria.

Items
  • Trinket, enchant, set bonus, and legendary meta-gem effects whose triggered effect benefits from haste no longer also have their chance to trigger the benefit from haste. Activation chances and internal cooldowns for those effects and other trinket effects have been adjusted to compensate and will now be displayed on their tooltip.

Raid Testing Schedule - August 8-9
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
On Thursday, August 8, and Friday, August 9, we will continue testing raid encounters in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. We're moving on to 10-player Heroic testing at this time, and then 25-player mode as the PTR cycle progresses.

Each encounter should be available at approximately the listed times below for all Public Test Realms.

Thursday, August 8
Immerseus - 10 Player Heroic - 10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)
Norushen - 10 Player Heroic - 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

Friday, August 9
Spoils of Pandaria - 10 Player Heroic - 10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)
Paragons of the Klaxxi - 10 Player Heroic - 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a beta environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the boss being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Blue Tweets
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Lore
Instead you did the exact opposite and went to a complete standstill. Main heroes mostly do nothing at all.
Characters like Garrosh and Jaina have a lot of presence in the 5.0 story. Now, you may not like them or wish we had included more. (Source)

Wotlk had the highest integration of players to the story. Cata and mop had arguably none or really week.
We also heard criticism that Arthas turned up every time you opened a closet. Risked making him feel more annoying than frightening. (Source)

Real question, what is the intrinsic value of content? Story/Aesthetic difficulty matters less.
Seeing content and seeing story are both rewards. In WoW, gear just tends to be a more motivating reward for many. (Source)

I have a feeling that y'shaarj is the true baddie in this expansion amirite?
He is dead. (Source)
How can Old Gods die if "They're outside the cycle"?
"What is dead may never die?" (Source)

stop saying u lose a leveling zone when u can phase for hight levels like u do on Theramor
Okay, so you're asking for Ashenvale to be phased at higher level to reinforce Alliance winning back some land? (Source)

Just trying to understand how the ongoing story makes sense after changes such as this - esp for lower level toons
We often have a problem with the lower level time flow. Arthas is dead 1-60 then alive 61-80 then dead again 80-90. (Source)
Why not turn TBC & WotLK into optional content that can be played in scenarios / cavern of times?
It's a neat idea. It just takes designer time away from other ideas (which doesn't mean it's off the table). (Source)

World
Can we get a list of to-be-joined servers in 5.4 so we can start matching guilds/arena teams up? Thanks!
There are no Arena teams any longer. We'll provide lists of connected realms when we have resolved which ones are affected. (Source)

50% Off Swift Windsteed Mount - This Week Only
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Whether trekking along the jagged trails leading to Kun-Lai Summit or galloping through the clouds, the Swift Windsteed always has a regal bearing. Now, for the first time you can grab the reins of one of these rare creatures for half off—but hurry, as this sale ends August 13, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

Get yours now! (US / EU)

Hearthstone - State of the Game
There was a new Hearthstone blog post today that talks about the current state of the game. It revealed that beta is finally feature complete and still planned for the summer, but it won't be ready this week.

Players who purchase a pack of cards during the beta will receive a golden Gelbin Mekkatorque card. This card will not be disenchantable and only obtainable as a beta reward. Be sure to read the full blog post on Hearthpwn.



The Burdens of Shaohao
If you can't get enough of Lorewalker Cho's storytelling, this should be a fun week for you. Blizzard is releasing a six part series that looks at Emperor Shaohao as he progresses toward discovering the truth about his future.



This article was originally published in forum thread: 5.4 Heirloom Raid Weapons, 5.4 Notes Update, SoO Raid Testing, Blue Tweets, HS Update started by chaud View original post
Comments 120 Comments
  1. Danifilth's Avatar
    Sounds like this is the last expansion since blizzard said level 100 is the last level and they are done with wow
  1. Sprucelee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I really hope you are right.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Nobody should have an advantage, it's a fresh start like it has always been, why change that now?
    Fresh start.... LOL

    As if a fully geared heroic raider does not have a HUGE advantage over Joe Shmoe at expansion launch... Beyond leveling, there is no reason to assume they would be better than any other level 100 weapon, just like any other heirloom.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Sounds like this is the last expansion since blizzard said level 100 is the last level and they are done with wow
    Since they never said anything remotely close to that, nothing about wow would be done.
  1. Tybudd33's Avatar
    Along with all of the other Siege of Orgrimmar loot, Patch 5.4 adds some Heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh. These items do not drop in Raid Finder difficulty, only Flex, Normal, and Heroic. Keep in mind that nothing on the PTR is final until it goes live.
    This makes no sense to me, yes I understand that the higher difficulties are supposed to feel like they get something extra, the extra shouldn't be Heirloom pieces, people that are limited to RF have less endgame content therefore would more focused on alt leveling, which benefits Heirlooms more than just running a main up with it on the next XPac, and letting it sit in your bank until that Main toon is maxed out, to then decide to level another alt.
  1. Xjev's Avatar
    that heirloom weapon can make the game boring for alts, or leveling from 90..100, upgrading is always fun..
  1. SodiumChloride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    This makes no sense to me, yes I understand that the higher difficulties are supposed to feel like they get something extra, the extra shouldn't be Heirloom pieces, people that are limited to RF have less endgame content therefore would more focused on alt leveling, which benefits Heirlooms more than just running a main up with it on the next XPac, and letting it sit in your bank until that Main toon is maxed out, to then decide to level another alt.
    What I have been trying to say ...
  1. Unholyground's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Sounds like this is the last expansion since blizzard said level 100 is the last level and they are done with wow
    Just because level 100 exists does not mean new expansions won't come out, they can add plenty of other unique types of character progression and more content that surpasses older content of the same level similar to how raiding is now with progression.
  1. Duende's Avatar
    Man did I not call that swd reversal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Sounds like this is the last expansion since blizzard said level 100 is the last level and they are done with wow
    Lol. 5/5
  1. Shudder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    This makes no sense to me, yes I understand that the higher difficulties are supposed to feel like they get something extra, the extra shouldn't be Heirloom pieces, people that are limited to RF have less endgame content therefore would more focused on alt leveling, which benefits Heirlooms more than just running a main up with it on the next XPac, and letting it sit in your bank until that Main toon is maxed out, to then decide to level another alt.
    If you have the time to level alts you should take that time and go do some flex raiding. In the real world you'll learn one day that putting in effort gives you more rewards.
  1. Danifilth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Just because level 100 exists does not mean new expansions won't come out, they can add plenty of other unique types of character progression and more content that surpasses older content of the same level similar to how raiding is now with progression.
    guessing everyone forgot about what year Titan is coming out
  1. dhru's Avatar
    (After FLEX raid option less people want to do normal and less hc raids...)
    What a wow killing changes.... Where is the old design team?

    P.Diddy - I'll Be Missing You
  1. Tokas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Sounds like this is the last expansion since blizzard said level 100 is the last level and they are done with wow
    except they never said that, go back to bed

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    This is going to suck for realm first race if heroic raiders get to keep their heroic scaling weapon, especially warriors and dks who scale very heavy with weapons.
    /care mode offline
  1. Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Fresh start.... LOL

    As if a fully geared heroic raider does not have a HUGE advantage over Joe Shmoe at expansion launch... Beyond leveling, there is no reason to assume they would be better than any other level 100 weapon, just like any other heirloom.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Since they never said anything remotely close to that, nothing about wow would be done.
    You fail to see my point, all I care for is leveling and realm first not anything beyond that. As for heroic gear, yeah you are right. However weapons scale a little too good for melee classes especially warriors and death knights. This will allow said group of people who have these items to steamroll their way to max level. Which should not happen like in previous expansions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    except they never said that, go back to bed

    - - - Updated - - -



    /care mode offline
    Good for you man.
  1. Punchbag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    If you have the time to level alts you should take that time and go do some flex raiding. In the real world you'll learn one day that putting in effort gives you more rewards.
    I work a lot of late shifts at unconventional times and they change back and forth a lot so its never the same. Fact of the matter is, getting into a raid team for regular raiding for me is close to impossible. Does that mean because of time constraints on my part, I shouldn't get anything because I can't put the effort in to follow a raid schedule?

    Like the guy you quoted said. By all means have exclusive mounts, epics, floating heads, companions - Whatever. But I feel heirlooms are a bad idea in regards to Flex, normal and heroic only raid loot, as for somebody like me - Alt'ing is important.
  1. Sarevokcz's Avatar
    Trinket, enchant, set bonus, and legendary meta-gem effects whose triggered effect benefits from haste no longer also have their chance to trigger the benefit from haste. Activation chances and internal cooldowns for those effects and other trinket effects have been adjusted to compensate and will now be displayed on their tooltip.
    So what is this change about? Sounds like it is to prevent haste double dipping with some add-proc setbonuses, where the adds not only spawn more frequently, but also scale with haste and do more attacks, but I have no clue why are the rest included, as none of those double dip in any way. They could have just said "RPPM procs wont scale with haste anymore" and it would be much clearer what their intention is.
  1. Shudder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchbag View Post
    I work a lot of late shifts at unconventional times and they change back and forth a lot so its never the same. Fact of the matter is, getting into a raid team for regular raiding for me is close to impossible. Does that mean because of time constraints on my part, I shouldn't get anything because I can't put the effort in to follow a raid schedule?

    Like the guy you quoted said. By all means have exclusive mounts, epics, floating heads, companions - Whatever. But I feel heirlooms are a bad idea in regards to Flex, normal and heroic only raid loot, as for somebody like me - Alt'ing is important.
    Sounds like flex raiding is for you. It's easy and puggable, you don't have to maintain a schedule. There are even tools out there like open raid to assist you with this kind of stuff. Your argument holds no water, you're saying because of time constraints you shouldn't be barred from parts of the game. So because you have time constraints why aren't you angry that you can't have heroic gear? The people who put more effort into the game and have more time to blow will get the better rewards, it's always been this way. If you don't have time for this game stick to lfr and stop whining about how lame the rewards are. You're playing the game on insane easy mode, imo you shouldn't even be given gear.
  1. Fummockelchen's Avatar
    Next year is wows 10th birthday ight? what better to celebrate it as level 100!
  1. Roguezor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasswhistle View Post
    Now I just need a toon named Charizard... Level 100 Charizard, ready to raid. >:3
    My rogue (worgen) is already called Zôrôark.... i'm ready! :P


    But on topic: What tickles my brainz the most is the question of how these will be looted.... dropps rolled on for everyone like normal loot, or chance to get as own personal loot like the legendary quest items (altho that wouold be kinda weird imo).

    What ever they choose to do I predict loot drama happening here and there because of off specs, alts etc.
  1. bloodhvnter's Avatar
    Level cap is going to be 100. Called it.
  1. andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    Oh yay. More 2 hander strength weapons for humans. Oh wait... Seriously, make maces and swords or change the racial!
  1. Irscary's Avatar
    I didnt get one last week *sad face*

Site Navigation